X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/da...?ocid=msedgntp

David Lander, who is most famous for playing Squiggy on Laverne & Shirley, has passed away at the age of 73 from MS.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnycando View Post
    “El mano de Dios.”

Indeed sir, indeed.

Leave a comment:

• johnnycando
    replied
    “El mano de Dios.”

Indeed sir, indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    RIP Diego.

One of my fav OGs. He certainly had a unique life.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Maradona

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
    Former Pro Bowler and Dolphin safety Jake Scott died yesterday at the age of 75 from a head injury he suffered in a fall at his Atlanta home. Scott was the MVP of Super Bowl VII that capped off the Dolphins' perfect season.
    Perennial All-Pro and wasn’t afraid to sport some mutton chops &/or a fu Manchu. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Former Pro Bowler and Dolphin safety Jake Scott died yesterday at the age of 75 from a head injury he suffered in a fall at his Atlanta home. Scott was the MVP of Super Bowl VII that capped off the Dolphins' perfect season.
    He had a reputation of being a hard hitter. RIP Jake.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    I saw somebody say Ernie Johnson and I'd actually love that.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    I was always disappointed that sports played a very small role, particularly with how sports is so ingrained in our lives. You can always count on some form of literature being a category almost every night.

I'll take quiz show host for $500 Alex.

A: This gentleman who was the original host of jeopardy from 1964 - 1975, also died from pancreatic cancer!

Who is Art Fleming.

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied
    Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
    For Trebek's replacemtn, I'd prefer Austin Rogers. He is the bartender from Boston (I think) who won a good bit, was smart, and was at home on the show.

I like him!

Leave a comment:

• IHateMarkMay
    replied
    For Trebek's replacemtn, I'd prefer Austin Rogers. He is the bartender from Boston (I think) who won a good bit, was smart, and was at home on the show.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    RIP to Celtic great Tommy Heinsohn. He was a part of 10 NBA titles as player & coach. Also, starred in those Miller Lite ads from the 80s & did some analysis work on tv for NBA games.

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied
    You need someone smart, a lifelong learner, and very articulate so they can pronounce some of the words, read the questions well, etc. What made Trebek so great was that he made sure he knew what he was saying.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    How 'bout this guy?

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Gonna be hard to find someone to replace Trebek. Should be someone distinguished and intelligent, but not completely stuffy.

I'm thinking Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
    Lol call up Pat Sajak and take whoever he recommends
    I just hope they don't go "young and hip".....
    Keep Jeopardy great...

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    Hard to think of anyone likeable lol... Give me Alfonso Ribeiro
    Lol call up Pat Sajak and take whoever he recommends

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
    Why not someone likable
    Hard to think of anyone likeable lol... Give me Alfonso Ribeiro

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
    Why not Jennings?
    Why not someone likable

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post
    Saw where George Stephanopolous’ reps have reached out to see if there was interest in him replacing Trbek. He get an emphatic ‘no’ from me. I’d go w/ Conan O’Brien. I’m sure there are others out there as well that I haven’t considered.
    Why not Jennings?

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Sad news about Trebek. Not that it was unexpected, but I really hate that he lost his battle with cancer.
    Pancreatic cancer is a beast. Such a tough organ to access so lots of patients aren’t even eligible for surgery. Only options are Folfirinox or Gemcitabine + Abraxane both of which are brutal. Sounds like he got some great care as he likely beat the median PFS for such patients.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Hate to see him lose his battle with cancer, but it was inevitable.

I'll take quiz show hosts for $1,000 Alex.

Answer: This TV host hosted this trivia show for 36 years.
    Saw where George Stephanopolous’ reps have reached out to see if there was interest in him replacing Trbek. He get an emphatic ‘no’ from me. I’d go w/ Conan O’Brien. I’m sure there are others out there as well that I haven’t considered.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
    Hate to see him lose his battle with cancer, but it was inevitable.

I'll take quiz show hosts for $1,000 Alex.

Answer: This TV host hosted this trivia show for 36 years.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Former Celtics player and coach Tom Heinson passed. He won a bunch of titles as a player and one or two as a coach.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Sad news about Trebek. Not that it was unexpected, but I really hate that he lost his battle with cancer.

Leave a comment:

• Irishnuke
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jeopardy! is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends. Thank you, Alex. <a href="https://t.co/Yk2a90CHIM">pic.twitter.com/Yk2a90CHIM</a></p>&mdash; Jeopardy! (@Jeopardy) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeopardy/status/1325490106329751553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• Irishnuke
    replied
    Alex Trebek, legend, dead at 80.

https://tvline.com/2020/11/08/alex-t...reatic-cancer/

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Former Sooners bball coach Billy Tubbs just left us. Had pretty good success at that football school.
    I have a hand written recruiting letter from Coach Tubbs he sent me back in '83. At the time, OU had Donnie Gandy from South Bend and Tim McCalister from Gary and I'm sure heavily recruited a couple of my teammates.

As much as I dislike OU football, I have always liked their basketball team probably because of that.

RIP Billy.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Former Sooners bball coach Billy Tubbs just left us. Had pretty good success at that football school.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Didn’t know until I saw the news, but he placed 3rd in the Mr Universe contest.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Definitely my fav Bond. I know he lived a great life, but this sucks.

RIP double 0
    Last edited by Irish YJ; 10-31-2020, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
    I know Connery lived a long life, but that sucks. Best Bond ever.
    It's a testament to Connery they decided to bring him back in '83 for the role, 21 years after he first played Bond and after he had already been replaced twice.

So many other great films too... loved him in the Indy films.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    I know Connery lived a long life, but that sucks. Best Bond ever.

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Connery...whyyyyy? 2020 has taken too much already.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Another one for dad there, he loved early Bond,... sucks

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    007 Sean Connery has passed.

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/stat...884966401?s=10

Leave a comment:

• Senoj13
    replied
    Herb Adderley HOF CB for the Packers SB champs in 67 & 68 has went to the HOF in the sky. RIP Herb.
    I once had the chance to meet Herb Adderley. He was the Honorary Chairman of the Big 33 game in Pennsylvania when Lavar Arrington was a senior and in the game. I happened to swindle some sideline passes. After the game he was just sitting on the bench alone. No one around him. Spent 5-10 minutes shooting the breeze about his playing days. Even let me try on his Super Bowl Ring. Class act.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I haven’t,...

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Those Packers teams passing on is very sad for me,... those teams made my dad a life long Packers fan and seeing them go makes me feel even further removed from my father’s passing,... sucks
    Don't forget our "Golden Boy" was part of those teams.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Those Packers teams passing on is very sad for me,... those teams made my dad a life long Packers fan and seeing them go makes me feel even further removed from my father’s passing,... sucks

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Herb Adderley HOF CB for the Packers SB champs in 67 & 68 has went to the HOF in the sky. RIP Herb.

Leave a comment:

• domer13
    replied
    Prayers for the souls of two Notre Dame freshmen who were struck and killed by a car just off-campus early this morning. Both young women. Another student is currently hospitalized.

https://news.nd.edu/news/notre-dame-...-two-students/

Very sad.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Mr Bojangles Jerry Jeff Walker has passed at 78

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7t-2GeZFDdc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RWK8GgWD4uA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6QgNzTN-STA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    YJ sparing no expense.
    i had "a guy"
    lol

Found one of my old 80s mixes a couple years ago back at moms. Surprisingly still sounded decent. Started out with Here I go Again. Also had Hagar's Give to Live, and some Crue. Rocked out while I was cleaning out the garage. Tucked it right back into the box where I found it.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Never heard of either song lol
    ditto

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    RIP

Much too young for Lewis... Only 63. You're Love was huge on Spring Break in Daytona and was just coming out. That and several other songs take me right back to Feb/Mar 1986. You're Love though, along with Summer Nights, are my favs from that whole experience. Ah the memories.

And the beach was full of West End Girls, Addicted to Love, Rock Me Amadeus, Why Can't This Be Love, Summer Nights, R.O.C.K. in the USA, Stages, Let's Go All The Way, Manic Monday, Kiss, I Can't Wait, Something About You. In My Dreams. Had a Maxwell Chrome mix tape with all those songs from the beach.

IIRC, Winwood came out with Higher Love a little later that year.
    YJ sparing no expense.

Leave a comment:

• IHateMarkMay
    replied
    That was Acamp. He thinks it's delicious with a little pico.
    Hey, I can't judge how people eat their tacos.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
    Wait, I thought everyone raved about your mom's taco...
    That was Acamp. He thinks it's delicious with a little pico.

Leave a comment:

• IHateMarkMay
    replied
    He's the dude with boots. He'll even give you 25% off if you promise to retire your Uggs or Berskinstocks

And my mother has eyes for nobody but Acamp. She's still raving about your tacos and baked potatoes. You really know how to treat a lady!!! She just wishes your taquito was more like a burrito.
    Wait, I thought everyone raved about your mom's taco...

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X