X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irishize
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/E1qyeKtfjl">pic.twitter.com/E1qyeKtfjl</a></p>&mdash; Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1347585134178955264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
    Actress Tanya Roberts passed away today at the age of 65, apparently from a urinary tract/kidney infection. She's best known as one of Charlie's Angels and for for playing Midge, the attractive but airheaded mom of Donna on That 70's Show.
    I forgot about that role. I always think of her one season on Charlie's Angels, but really loved her on That 70's Show. She's was comic gold on there with her odd mixture of dimwittedness and brilliant depth. You never quite knew if she was a genius or a moron, but she was always funny.
    Never knew she was in Bond, but yeah...knew her as Midge on That 70s Show. She did have great comedic timing, very entertaining. The original Lori from that show passed too, both gone too soon.

Leave a comment:

• tadman95
    replied
    RIP to the young woman who lost her life in the Capital today...... So sad and shouldn't have happened in the United States.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I forgot about that role. I always think of her one season on Charlie's Angels, but really loved her on That 70's Show. She's was comic gold on there with her odd mixture of dimwittedness and brilliant depth. You never quite knew if she was a genius or a moron, but she was always funny.
    I'm the opposite lol. Totally forgot she was an Angel, not a big comedy guy (current shows), but remembered her from Bond. She was on some other series I liked back in the 70s or 80s, but can't put my finger on it.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    She held up pretty well.
    yup, really well.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
    Gerry from Gerry and the Pacemakers.

Ferry Cross the Mersey.
    Part of the British Invasion of the 60's. RIP Gerry.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Turtle
    replied
    Gerry from Gerry and the Pacemakers.

Ferry Cross the Mersey.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    She held up pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    And Bond girl (A View to a Kill)

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Actress Tanya Roberts passed away today at the age of 65, apparently from a urinary tract/kidney infection. She's best known as one of Charlie's Angels and for for playing Midge, the attractive but airheaded mom of Donna on That 70's Show.
    And Bond girl (A View to a Kill)

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stpeteirish
    replied
    also Paul Westphal, 70, played for USC and the Phoenix Suns, later coached. Really good player in his prime.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Hall of Famer and former Broncos running back Floyd Little passed away yesterday from cancer at the age of 78. Little, who played for the Broncos during the late 60's to mid 70's, was the team's first star. A threat as both a runner and receiver, Little went to multiple Pro Bowls and was enshrined in Canton in 2010. By all accounts, he was one of the genuinely nicest guys in sports and a great representative of the game.
    One in a long line of HoF RB from Syracuse.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Hall of Famer and former Broncos running back Floyd Little passed away yesterday from cancer at the age of 78. Little, who played for the Broncos during the late 60's to mid 70's, was the team's first star. A threat as both a runner and receiver, Little went to multiple Pro Bowls and was enshrined in Canton in 2010. By all accounts, he was one of the genuinely nicest guys in sports and a great representative of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    I know why Gilligan always screwed up plans to get off the island. lol

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    Darn. RIP Mary Ann

So much hotter than Ginger!
    Much much hotter than Ginger. One of my first tv crushes.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Darn. RIP Mary Ann

So much hotter than Ginger!

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Dawn Wells, famous for playing Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, passed away this morning at the age of 82 due to complications from Covid.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
    The Knuckler passed today. No one could make a ball dance like Niekro
    Dude won over 300 games. Made a living off the knuckler. Brother was a knuckler as well.

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    The Knuckler passed today. No one could make a ball dance like Niekro

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
    RIP Ty Jordan, a freshman RB at Utah. Preliminary reports are he accidentally shot himself. Absolutely terrible.
    Not great

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    RIP Ty Jordan, a freshman RB at Utah. Preliminary reports are he accidentally shot himself. Absolutely terrible.

Leave a comment:

• PapaIrish37
    replied
    Quotes by both Bird and Russell about what an outstanding gentleman he was (Bird - the man I try to be but don’t have enough time to ever work at it enough and Russell - if there is one man I want one of my sons to be like it’s him) speak to that as successful as he was in basketball he was just as successful in life off the court. He and Heinson both gone within about a month.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    KC Jones, legendary player and coach of the Celtics, has passed away at the age of 88. Jones won several titles as a teammate of Bill Russell for the Celtics, then later became the Celtics head coach in the 80's during the Bird era, guiding them to 2 more titles. Very few men were more successful in the basketball world than Jones.

Leave a comment:

• Greenore
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenore View Post
    Not relevant to my American brothers, but Rick is one of the Top 10. Greatly influenced my life. He was my defensive coach and Aurelio was my offensive coach over 40 years ago.

In 2015, I wrote that we visited ND for the USC game. Rick asked us to light candles for him (just diagnosed with ALS) and Aurel. We all did and said our prayers at the Grotto and thanked the Almighty for having such exceptional coaches/teachers and friends.

God bless you Coach, thanks for all the lessons and RIP.

Cheers and as always, Go Irish!!

https://lethbridgeherald.com/sports/...h-passes-away/
    2020 has taken a lot from me and close friends. Posted this earlier and it keeps on coming. Lost both of my coaches this year. "Rel" passed away a few days ago. Alzheimer's is cruel. Far more than a coach, he was a wonderful man and helped me become the person I am. I hope I live to his expectations.

Very happy that I contributed to build a new football facility that will be named in their honor... while they were both alive, to recognize their contributions.

https://www.cornerstonefuneralhome.c...lo-aurelio-rel

I won't muddy this thread again. God Bless you Coach Delbello and let Perpetual Light shine Upon You. Thanks for everything!!

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Leave a comment:

• Legacy
    replied
    John le Carré, British novelist, passed away yesterday at the age of 89. Born David John Moore Cornwell, he actually served as an intelligence officer for both MI5 and MI6 during the 50's and 60's, and adopted the pen name le Carré due to British Intelligence prohibitions against officers publishing under their own name.

le Carré raised spy fiction to a whole new level and many of his books, such as The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, Smiley's People, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and The Russia House are classics which have been made into successful movies.
    A favorite author. Each time I discover a new book that I had not read, I think of Graham Greene. Le Carre (Cornwell) so brilliantly presents us with his characters facing moral choices in a gray, largely unknown to us, world. I'll bet a number of his other books will also be made into movies. Farewell and thank you.

The films of his books attracted some of our greatest actors.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego..._le_Carr%C3%A9 (films)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/14/m...e-netflix.html (TV adaptions)
    Last edited by Legacy; 12-24-2020, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Leslie West, the guitarist for the rock band Mountain, passed away today from heart failure at the age of 75. He and Mountain were best known for their classic rock hit Mississippi Queen and for playing at Woodstock in '69.

Leave a comment:

• Irishnuke
    replied
    Greene was roided up during his time in the NFL. Wouldn’t surprise me if that contributed to his early death.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Kevin Greene was one of my favorite players growing up. Too young to pass away. More shitty news for a calendar year that can't end soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    Former NFL player Kevin Greene died yesterday at the age of 58. Greene played at Auburn, followed by a long NFL career with multiple teams. He ranks 3rd all time in the NFL in sacks and was inducted into the HOF a few years ago. No cause of death has been announced yet, though his death was said to be sudden and unexpected.
    Oh wow...certainly didn't see this one coming. RIP. He was a wild man on the field.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Former NFL player Kevin Greene died yesterday at the age of 58. Greene played at Auburn, followed by a long NFL career with multiple teams. He ranks 3rd all time in the NFL in sacks and was inducted into the HOF a few years ago. No cause of death has been announced yet, though his death was said to be sudden and unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Did Little Drummer Girl and Night Manager too, right?

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Just saw that, just awful

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    John le Carré, British novelist, passed away yesterday at the age of 89. Born David John Moore Cornwell, he actually served as an intelligence officer for both MI5 and MI6 during the 50's and 60's, and adopted the pen name le Carré due to British Intelligence prohibitions against officers publishing under their own name.

le Carré raised spy fiction to a whole new level and many of his books, such as The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, Smiley's People, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and The Russia House are classics which have been made into successful movies.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Mentioned to My wife he passed. Her comment, “I saw that but didn’t realize he was black.” Lol
    Died from COVID-19. They suspect he picked it up last month when receiving the lifetime achievement award. Watch the video. He didn’t look anywhere near 86. RIP Charlie and when you get to heaven, Kiss that angel good morning.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I hate to hear that. I'm not much of a country fan, but Charley had a nice voice and a winning personality. By all accounts, he was a genuinely good, humble guy liked by everyone. A great loss to the music world.
    Yup. Very good and humble guy. Didn't see color. Broke traditional stereotypes. And embraced by all the red neck racist country fans. He made a comment like "I didn't know I had to be white to sing country. I just used my voice to sing what I like". Huge loss to Country music, and music in general.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Rest in peace Mocking Bird.
    I hate to hear that. I'm not much of a country fan, but Charley had a nice voice and a winning personality. By all accounts, he was a genuinely good, humble guy liked by everyone. A great loss to the music world.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Rest in peace Mocking Bird.

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dDKJIWwA2_Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dwNKiiPdyOg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Irish YJ; 12-12-2020, 05:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
    Deebo passed yesterday. "That's my bike, punk"

One of the funniest movies ever.
    He was great in that role. Completely over the top. Great movie. Hate to hear of his passing.

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    Deebo passed yesterday. "That's my bike, punk"

One of the funniest movies ever.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Former NFL and Bama coach Ray Perkins died today at the age of 79.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Yeager was known to many as the guy that broke the sound barrier, but he was also an "Ace" during WWII IIRC. A true American hero.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    RIP Chuck Yeager.
    I didn't realize Yeager was quite that old. He lived a heck of a life. I still remember his cameo in The Right Stuff as the shuffling old guy sweeping the floor at the bar. Heck of a pilot.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    RIP Chuck Yeager.
    <iframe width="600" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y73tnUn6ETY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Sea Turtle
    replied
    RIP Chuck Yeager.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    I have a picture of me & my Dad as he gave Allen a Lucky Strike while he was on deck during a July 4th game vs the O's in '72. Also have that signed ticket by Allen & Carlos May. My old man was a union official with the USW so we got to sit on the dugout a lot during Allen's years in Chicago. After that, Dick would call my dad, Mr. Lucky.

Just looked up the box score. Sox lost 2-1 and of course Allen had a HR.

RIP and thanks for the memories.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post
    Former ROY & MVP Dick Allen passed away today. I think he’ll eventually get inducted into the HoF. If so, he deserved to be enshrined while he was still with us.

One of my favorite all-time covers of SI is Dick Allen juggling baseballs in the dugout with a cigarette dangling from his mouth. Sporting those sweet 70s era red Chicago White Sox uni made it that much more cool.
    Yup. Throwback great.

Leave a comment:

• Legacy
    replied
    Former Lake County author Kittredge dies in Montana

William Kittredge, who grew up in Eastern Oregon on his family’s historic MC Ranch near Adel in Lake County and who was regarded by many as the dean of Western writers, died Friday, Dec. 4 in Montana.

Kittredge, 88, is the author of several books, including his memoir, “Hole In the Sky,” a book edited with Annick Smith, “The Last Best Place: A Montana Anthology,” and books of essays, “Owning It All,” “The Nature of Generosity” and “Balancing Water: Restoring the Klamath Basin,” which was published in 2000 and featured photographs by Tupper Ansel Blake of Dorris and Madeleine Graham Blake of Klamath Falls. (cont)
    I can recommend Last Best Place, an anthology of some of the greatest stories and storytellers of the American West, which he co-edited.

Among his many honors was a National Humanities Award by then-President Bill Clinton in 1994. Two of his books, “Hole In The Sky” and “Owning It All,” recall his impressions of growing up in southeastern Oregon. He is often critical of his family, himself and damage created by irresponsible ranching and farming.

”We thought we were doing God’s work out there,” said Kittredge of life on the MC Ranch. “We found out that some of that ‘big’ ag doesn’t work.” “Hole In The Sky,” in which Kittredge chronicles his personal failures, won the PEN West Award in 1992 for best nonfiction book of the year. He also co-edited “The Last Best Place: A Montana Anthology” in 1988 and co-authored nine novels in the Cord series of Westerns. “Who Won the West” was published in 1996. His novel, “The Willow Field,” was published in 2006.
    Last edited by Legacy; 12-07-2020, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Former ROY & MVP Dick Allen passed away today. I think he’ll eventually get inducted into the HoF. If so, he deserved to be enshrined while he was still with us.

One of my favorite all-time covers of SI is Dick Allen juggling baseballs in the dugout with a cigarette dangling from his mouth. Sporting those sweet 70s era red Chicago White Sox uni made it that much more cool.

Leave a comment:

• ShamrockOnHelmet
    replied
    Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
    For Trebek's replacemtn, I'd prefer Austin Rogers. He is the bartender from Boston (I think) who won a good bit, was smart, and was at home on the show.

Ehhh, hard pass. He comes off as a real toolbag...

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X