Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • John McCain.

    Comment


    • RIP John McCain. A great man in time of war and in life. Rest well Sir.

      Comment


      • .... an interesting politician ... occasionally he seemed to make some sense. Not my guy but I felt that he usually maintained an honesty with his philosophies, and that's something most in DC don't seem to do.

        Hope you are welcomed by The Lord, John.

        Comment


        • Resting finally after a long fight. I didn't always agree with him, but I felt he was true to himself and his beliefs. Thank you for your service and rest in peace sir.
          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

          Comment


          • https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=spartanntp

            Playwright Neil Simon, 91, passed away earlier today. Several of his plays were later developed into movies and TV shows, including The Odd Couple.
            Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

            Comment


            • John McCain died 9 years to the day after Ted Kennedy and to the same form of cancer.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ShawneeIrish View Post
                John McCain died 9 years to the day after Ted Kennedy and to the same form of cancer.
                Same cancer that took my father 10 years ago. It seems to be a lot more common after we were told it was fairly rare. Had a business partner whose father passed away of the same thing as well as two clients.

                Comment


                • RIP John and Neil.

                  Comment


                  • https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mc...cid=spartanntp

                    How many 81-year-olds have their funeral attended by their mom? I had no idea McCain's mother was still living at 106.
                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                    Comment


                    • Burt Reynolds dead at age 82.

                      Comment


                      • CMT changing tonight's prime time programming to Smokey and the Bandit as we speak.

                        Comment


                        • RIP Turd Ferguson

                          Comment


                          • Burt was as big a star that there was when he was in his prime. That grin of his always made people laugh.

                            Smokey & The Bandit
                            The Longest Yard
                            Deliverance

                            Comment


                            • Worst day ever. He was the real article, a genuine one of a kind. Vastly underrated. Shitty celebrity loss if there ever was. 82 years old.
                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                Burt Reynolds dead at age 82.
                                The perfect plate for the '77 T/A we're hunting for. 9 6 18.

                                Burt Reynolds and the success of Smokey and the Bandit was a big part of my childhood. My Dad started an electronics company that was rooted in the CB industry in the mid 70's. When Smokey and the Bandit hit in '77, the business went into orbit. We supplied many of the electronics for vehicles like the SatB T/A's and I personally installed the CB/Ant's on one of the Semi's in BJ and the Bear along with a bitchin AM/FM/CB/8 track in a couple of Reggie Jackson's El Caminos.

                                Burt Reynold's was definitely the patron saint of the industry.

                                RIP



                                Comment


                                • <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bAhFtSc70BA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

                                  <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SquAmTNBy4s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                    RIP Turd Ferguson
                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big Burt is up in heaven slapping around little Bert. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/onefewerB?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#onefe werB</a>*rt inthispooroldworld</p>&mdash; Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) <a href="https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/1037790065718517760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 6, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                    https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...norm-macdonald

                                    Some interesting tidbits there about the origin of SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy. Had no idea Norm took the idea from a skit with Eugene Levy and Martin Short (With permission). I couldn't find the details, but I remember hearing years ago that Norm had other Celebrity Jeopardy skits written, but he was fired from the show before they came to fruition. One such show was going to have the real Burt Reynolds show up and kick fake Burt Reynold's ass. The real Burt Reynolds then takes Norm's place and was supposed to give even worse answers! Word is Burt loved the sketches and was totally on board to do it, too bad it never happened.

                                    Comment


                                    • I know I’m in a lonely corner but.... He will always be the guy from Boogie Nights to me...such a memorable role for me. Def be missed.
                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                      Comment


                                      • I always loved the Hooper scene where Burt punches Terry Bradshaw, who just smiles and spits out a tooth. A lot of that film was done in Tuscaloosa. The scene where a huge smoke stack is toppled as Hooper drives under it was filmed during the actual destruction of an old VA facility a couple of miles from campus shortly after my sophomore year at Bama. They used the bricks from the facility to build the McFarland Mall at the same location.
                                        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                        Comment


                                        • <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dZ5QpdM3B30" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                          Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                            I know I&rsquo;m in a lonely corner but.... He will always be the guy from Boogie Nights to me...such a memorable role for me. Def be missed.


                                            Had to google the name to see who Burt Reynolds was.

                                            I only know remember him as the guy from COP AND A HALF.


                                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                              Had to google the name to see who Burt Reynolds was.

                                              I only know remember him as the guy from COP AND A HALF.


                                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                              I have shoes older than you. Burt was the top grossing actor in Hollywood from '78-'82. Huge star. He drove fast cars in movies, always got the girl, won the fight, dated countless beautiful women, and generally had a hell of a good time. He was The Man in those days.
                                              Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                              Comment


                                              • RIP...

                                                Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                I have shoes older than you. Burt was the top grossing actor in Hollywood from '78-'82. Huge star. He drove fast cars in movies, always got the girl, won the fight, dated countless beautiful women, and generally had a hell of a good time. He was The Man in those days.


                                                Ohhhh. The guy from Gator? Yeah thats right!


                                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                Comment


                                                • <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/cldGYEgKJFSqk" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0"></iframe>via GIPHY


                                                  RIP to a legend.
                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                    Had to google the name to see who Burt Reynolds was.

                                                    I only know remember him as the guy from COP AND A HALF.


                                                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                    Dafaq???
                                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                      Dafaq???


                                                      Italics man. Imagine they are there.


                                                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                        Had to google the name to see who Burt Reynolds was.

                                                        I only know remember him as the guy from COP AND A HALF.


                                                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                        I recommend you watch Deliverance.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

                                                          My Dad started an electronics company that was rooted in the CB industry in the mid 70's. When Smokey and the Bandit hit in '77, the business went into orbit. We supplied many of the electronics for vehicles like the SatB T/A's and I personally installed the CB/Ant's on one of the Semi's in BJ and the Bear along with a bitchin AM/FM/CB/8 track in a couple of Reggie Jackson's El Caminos.
                                                          S&tB definitely sparked the CB sales. Everybody had CB's in their cars back then. I'd crack up when we'd be on the highway and you'd hear a trucker trying to put the moves on some chick.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                            S&tB definitely sparked the CB sales. Everybody had CB's in their cars back then. I'd crack up when we'd be on the highway and you'd hear a trucker trying to put the moves on some chick.
                                                            Yeah, my freaking mom.... 1974 Camaro. Mom was 5'11'' and nothing but legs when she had shorts on.... I can still remember them warning each other that there was a red 4 wheeler with a fine set of legs coming up.
                                                            Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Itís my job to make sure we become that family.Ē

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                              I know Iím in a lonely corner but.... He will always be the guy from Boogie Nights to me...such a memorable role for me. Def be missed.
                                                              His best role. The timing was so right for him to play that part in that movie at that time.
                                                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • I am surprised no one has mentioned on a football site the fact that Burt Reynolds played at Florida State and was a teammate of Lee Corso.

                                                                I also remember his movies involving football like The Longest Yard and Semi-Tough.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • I would have loved to have been Burt in the late 70s.
                                                                  RIP to a true American icon.
                                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                    I would have loved to have been Burt in the late 70s.
                                                                    RIP to a true American icon.
                                                                    Dude was a shag carpet legend....
                                                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                      I would have loved to have been Burt in the late 70s.
                                                                      RIP to a true American icon.
                                                                      Every guy wanted to be Burt back in the 70's! lol

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                        Every guy wanted to be Burt back in the 70's! lol
                                                                        ya got that right. man i hated him for bagging Farrah, Chrissy, Goldie, Loni, and Sally. plus another 20 famous hotties, plus 100s of not so famous hotties.

                                                                        my buddy, who was a year ahead of me, got a 79 TA in 85 on his 16th B-day.. man we drove the tires off that car. #BringBacktheTTops
                                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Dan Patrick replayed an interview he did with Burt. I didn't catch how long ago it occurred, but it sounded fairly recent.

                                                                          Burt said sales of Trans Ams went up 70% after Smokey & The Bandit. The president of Pontiac at the time told Burt he would get a new T/A every year for the rest of his life. The first three years they arrived, but nothing in year four. He called the new president of Pontiac and asked him if there was a problem. The president said, "No problem, I just don't like your movies!" lol

                                                                          Reynolds went on to say his best and favorite movie was Deliverance. He turned down the role in Boogie Nights six times before he said okay.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                            Dan Patrick replayed an interview he did with Burt. I didn't catch how long ago it occurred, but it sounded fairly recent.

                                                                            Burt said sales of Trans Ams went up 70% after Smokey & The Bandit. The president of Pontiac at the time told Burt he would get a new T/A every year for the rest of his life. The first three years they arrived, but nothing in year four. He called the new president of Pontiac and asked him if there was a problem. The president said, "No problem, I just don't like your movies!" lol

                                                                            Reynolds went on to say his best and favorite movie was Deliverance. He turned down the role in Boogie Nights six times before he said okay.
                                                                            Never heard that one (about the TA)... good stuff

                                                                            I'd agree on best movie being Deliverance. Boogie Nights and the Longest Yard are tied for next for me. Let's not forget his TV roles, like Gunsmoke!!
                                                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Mac Miller dead, OD.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                Mac Miller dead, OD.
                                                                                I dont normally get shook by celebrity deaths, but damn. Everyone busts out the superlatives when someone dies, but Mac deserves all that come his way. I not only liked his music, but thought he genuinely remained unchanged and humble by his fame. RIP.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Unbelievable. So sad. Swimming was a legitimately great album, I'm not gonna be able to listen to it for a while. RIP Mac.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Damn shame! RIP Mac!
                                                                                    GO IRISH!!!

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Marty Balin, cofounder of Jefferson Airplane, has died at the age of 76. I was never an Airplane fan, but Balin always seemed like a likeable, talented guy.
                                                                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                        Marty Balin, cofounder of Jefferson Airplane, has died at the age of 76. I was never an Airplane fan, but Balin always seemed like a likeable, talented guy.
                                                                                        That leaves just Slick from the OG lineup right? Pretty sure Kantner and another passed some years ago... Anyway always thought it funny how much Balin couldn’t stand the attention she got... dudes she’s the chick, deal... anyway, he left his mark for sure. RIP
                                                                                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                          Marty Balin, cofounder of Jefferson Airplane, has died at the age of 76. I was never an Airplane fan, but Balin always seemed like a likeable, talented guy.
                                                                                          Even if you're not a big fan, you have to respect ultra classics like Somebody to Love and White Rabbit.

                                                                                          RIP
                                                                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Scott Wilson who played Herschel in The Walking Dead has passed away at the age of 76, reportedly after a brief battle with cancer.

                                                                                            https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...tor-dies-at-76
                                                                                            Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                              Even if you're not a big fan, you have to respect ultra classics like Somebody to Love and White Rabbit.

                                                                                              RIP
                                                                                              Love how Somebody to love opens. No intro. Just like it's already halfway through the song.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                                Scott Wilson who played Herschel in The Walking Dead has passed away at the age of 76, reportedly after a brief battle with cancer.

                                                                                                https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...tor-dies-at-76
                                                                                                Dang, that sucks. He was a great addition to the show, he became the wise member of the group once Dale bit the dust...and his death was kind of epic on the show. RIP.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Packers legend Jim Taylor passed away this morning at the age of 83. He was the first of the Lombardi era Packers inducted into Canton.

                                                                                                  Jim Taylor, first of Vince Lombardi-era Green Bay Packers inducted into Hall of Fame, dies
                                                                                                  Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                                    Packers legend Jim Taylor passed away this morning at the age of 83. He was the first of the Lombardi era Packers inducted into Canton.

                                                                                                    Jim Taylor, first of Vince Lombardi-era Green Bay Packers inducted into Hall of Fame, dies
                                                                                                    Ran behind HOFer Jerry Kramer and should be HOFer (and former Valpo Crusader basketball player) Fuzzy Thurston winning 5 or 6 Championships/Super Bowls.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • oops Wrong thread
                                                                                                      60% of the time, it works every time.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X