Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Manson dead at 83

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Charles Manson dead at 83

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=spartanntp

    One of the most famous mass murderers ever died this weekend.
    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

  • #2
    Charlie Manson

    Yea old news now. He died on Sunday morning and was in Hades by Sunday evening. I understand they took him there on an express train!

    Comment


    • #3
      May he rot in Hell for eternity.
      God, Country, Notre Dame

      Comment


      • #4
        I get that ole chuck lost the genetics lottery on most fronts, and I see how his life contributed to him becoming a damned loon...what I cannot get my head around after seeing him and hearing him speak...WHO in the hell would line up behind this guy, AAAND kill someone for him? Can't speak for their spiritual future, but I have never had a problem with incarcerating these folks for life as they deserve a life without dignity, and got more mercy than they deserve by being allowed to live on our dime.

        At least another one of the "Family" is God's problem now...
        One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

        Comment


        • #5
          So glad to see him gone. Guy was absolutely evil and shattered so many lives.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by phgreek View Post
            I get that ole chuck lost the genetics lottery on most fronts, and I see how his life contributed to him becoming a damned loon...what I cannot get my head around after seeing him and hearing him speak...WHO in the hell would line up behind this guy, AAAND kill someone for him? Can't speak for their spiritual future, but I have never had a problem with incarcerating these folks for life as they deserve a life without dignity, and got more mercy than they deserve by being allowed to live on our dime.

            At least another one of the "Family" is God's problem now...
            Not sure how old you are or how much you know about him, but this was during the heydays of the drug movement, hippies and protesting. There were a lot of kids easily swayed by silver tongue promises and it was even easier to control them given they were getting high all the time. They admitted to being higher than a kite when they murdered Sharon Tate.

            Manson was an aspiring musician and IIRC had met the Beatles. His music career never took off and creating a cult and ordering the murders was his way of showing everyone he was more popular than the Beatles.

            The guy was a sicko at so many levels, but he managed to stay in the public eye on something of a regular basis even while in prison.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
              Not sure how old you are or how much you know about him, but this was during the heydays of the drug movement, hippies and protesting. There were a lot of kids easily swayed by silver tongue promises and it was even easier to control them given they were getting high all the time. They admitted to being higher than a kite when they murdered Sharon Tate.

              Manson was an aspiring musician and IIRC had met the Beatles. His music career never took off and creating a cult and ordering the murders was his way of showing everyone he was more popular than the Beatles.

              The guy was a sicko at so many levels, but he managed to stay in the public eye on something of a regular basis even while in prison.
              Yep. Charlie had a mezmerizing personality and when drugs and music were thrown in, it is no wonder he had some followers. He was evil personified.

              Comment


              • #8
                I was not alive for this period of history but my limited understanding is that communal living was the Young People's response to rejecting the status quo. Numerous young people rejected society for political reasons and for spiritual reasons. Psychedelics were a major part of assimilating into the communal living that developed. Strange period of time in American History (it seems)
                Hippie Communes: 31 Eye-Opening Photographs Of Life On A Commune

                The specific story of The Family is disturbing.

                So is Jonestown and Jim Jones. David Koresch and Waco.... Charlatans are everywhere. Even today.
                Last edited by Cackalacky; 11-20-2017, 07:56 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                  I was not alive for this period of history but my limited understanding is that communal living was the Young People's response to rejecting the status quo. Numerous young people rejected society for political reasons and for spiritual reasons. Psychedelics were a major part of assimilating into the communal living that developed. Strange period of time in American History (it seems)
                  Hippie Communes: 31 Eye-Opening Photographs Of Life On A Commune

                  The specific story of The Family is disturbing.

                  So is Jonestown and Jim Jones. David Koresch and Waco.... Charlatans are everywhere. Even today.
                  Haight Ashbury was the epicenter and LSD was king.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Steve Railsback played Manson ina very unforgettable performance in 1976's Helter Skelter

                    Here is the Manson testimony scene where he kind of explains himself.

                    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qPzKhHeDoyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Beach boys...

                      Should have been electrocuted many years ago
                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Manson was egocentric garbage, even filth. His life does, however, point to our country's horrible failure at keeping a healthy spiritual base alive and not just mouthing actionless crap about it. This is what you get in a luxurious abundance without spirituality and care for others.

                        Pope Francis just named the 33rd Sunday in ordinary time as a reminder of our duty to others less fortunate by initiating the World Day for The Poor. Coincidence? We sure need the focus. Francis says: get outside yourself. Get out and DO something.

                        If America was characterized by community-orientation and healthy giving, no one would ever be looking to filthy egocentric asses like Manson for inspiration as to what to do with their lives.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Horrible person.

                          Don't take this the wrong way, but anyone know of a good/best documentary about his life? Interested to learn the details. Maybe it's not produced yet.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by koonja View Post
                            Horrible person.

                            Don't take this the wrong way, but anyone know of a good/best documentary about his life? Interested to learn the details. Maybe it's not produced yet.
                            READ THE BOOK
                            https://sites.google.com/site/maxpdf...urders-popular

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                              I don't have time for the book, although I'm sure it's the best source. I'm just interested in the ~1hr documentary

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                I don't have time for the book, although I'm sure it's the best source. I'm just interested in the ~1hr documentary
                                Then dont bother. This story is to complex to understand just by the cliff notes.

                                Let me save you the trouble. Dude made himself out to be a spiritual and moral authority. Many drug induced people believed him. He convinced them to kill some people. They did. He got caught and so did they. He was crazy. Died in jail. The end.

                                You are caught up.
                                Last edited by Cackalacky; 11-20-2017, 10:25 AM.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                  Then dont bother. This story is to complex to understand just by the cliff notes.

                                  Let me save you the trouble. Dude made himself out to be a spiritual and moral authority. Many drug induced people believed him. He convinced them to kill some people. They did. He got caught and so did they. He was crazy. Died in jail. The end.

                                  You are caught up.
                                  You don't have to be all high and mighty about it, I realize the book will likely have more details, but it's a busy time for me. And although I am interested, I'm not interested to carve out time to finish a book that will take me longer than I'd like, even if it's the best way to go.

                                  Sometimes you just gotta go the McDonalds way in life, you know?

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                    Manson was egocentric garbage, even filth. His life does, however, point to our country's horrible failure at keeping a healthy spiritual base alive and not just mouthing actionless crap about it. This is what you get in a luxurious abundance without spirituality and care for others.

                                    Pope Francis just named the 33rd Sunday in ordinary time as a reminder of our duty to others less fortunate by initiating the World Day for The Poor. Coincidence? We sure need the focus. Francis says: get outside yourself. Get out and DO something.

                                    If America was characterized by community-orientation and healthy giving, no one would ever be looking to filthy egocentric asses like Manson for inspiration as to what to do with their lives.
                                    Make no mistake, we are fighting a spiritual battle daily. And I know the Satan and his demons are still there among us, just like they have been since the Fall. Despite being a Psychology undergrad and Counseling graduate, I believe Schizophrenia, Psychosis and Homosexuality to be demonic influence and control despite our world's attempt to Scientology everything. It was not how man was made.

                                    Problem is that the further we get from God as a society, the more and more we will see of these things. You can say the more frequent occurrence of things happening being due to a greater media influence and while I wont disagree to an extent, I also know it to be a society (and world) that had grown further and further from God.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                      You don't have to be all high and mighty about it, I realize the book will likely have more details, but it's a busy time for me. And although I am interested, I'm not interested to carve out time to finish a book that will take me longer than I'd like, even if it's the best way to go.

                                      Sometimes you just gotta go the McDonalds way in life, you know?
                                      Not trying to be high and mighty. But its a interesting story that cant be done justice by a 1-hour documentary. I have seen things on the histroy channel but nothing specific that i recall. Youtube always has things.

                                      Search for "Manson Family" "Sharon tate Murder". Also search for Manson and The Beach Boys (Brian Wilson) connection.
                                      Last edited by Cackalacky; 11-20-2017, 10:39 AM.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Damn shame he lived as long as he did. Glad he’s dead.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by phgreek View Post
                                          I get that ole chuck lost the genetics lottery on most fronts, and I see how his life contributed to him becoming a damned loon...what I cannot get my head around after seeing him and hearing him speak...WHO in the hell would line up behind this guy, AAAND kill someone for him? Can't speak for their spiritual future, but I have never had a problem with incarcerating these folks for life as they deserve a life without dignity, and got more mercy than they deserve by being allowed to live on our dime.

                                          At least another one of the "Family" is God's problem now...
                                          Manson preyed on the weak-minded, searching-for-something, Daddy-didn't-love-me, lost souls - the ones who were inclined to believe anything (the weirder and more out there, the better) who could be easily led... the runaways, the ones who just wanted to be part of something and feel they belonged. He'd spent more than half his life in reform school, jail, or prison, and knew how to spot the weak ones in the herd and single them out for his con-artist/mind games. He wasn't much different from Jim Jones or David Koresh. He knew how to spin a good tale to that type and get them to believe he was The Chosen One they wanted to follow. As others have mentioned, drugs and the culture of the time made it all even easier.

                                          I don't believe Charlie was insane. He certainly had a lot of issues and was damaged goods from the abusive childhood he'd had and the lack of anything approaching a normal early life, but wasn't actually insane. He knew full well what he was doing and was basically lashing out at society for the life he'd had and for not recognizing his "greatness" and talent. He was basically just a cowardly, narcissistic con artist without a conscience.
                                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by FDNYIrish1 View Post
                                            Damn shame he lived as long as he did. Glad hes dead.
                                            It's a shame society wasted millions housing and feeding him for almost 50 years instead of executing him within a year or so of his conviction. My wife said last night, "Think of how many better uses we could've put that money to... how many hungry kids we could've fed or how many deserving kids could've been put through college for what we wasted on him all these years."
                                            Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                              You don't have to be all high and mighty about it, I realize the book will likely have more details, but it's a busy time for me. And although I am interested, I'm not interested to carve out time to finish a book that will take me longer than I'd like, even if it's the best way to go.

                                              Sometimes you just gotta go the McDonalds way in life, you know?
                                              Cack's right about it being a complicated tale that's hard to cover in a short article, but I get where you're coming from and that you only want a good overview. Read the Wikipedia articles on Manson and The Tate-LaBianca murders he & his group committed. Both are rather good and will fill you in on what happened, why, etc. in less than an hour.
                                              Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                You don't have to be all high and mighty about it, I realize the book will likely have more details, but it's a busy time for me. And although I am interested, I'm not interested to carve out time to finish a book that will take me longer than I'd like, even if it's the best way to go.

                                                Sometimes you just gotta go the McDonalds way in life, you know?
                                                There's been plenty of them done. along with the History channel as Cacky mentioned, I think Investigation Discovery and Reelz channels have done something. Now that he's died, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of channels show something over the next week. Keep you eyes open.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                                  Not trying to be high and mighty. But its a interesting story that cant be done justice by a 1-hour documentary. I have seen things on the histroy channel but nothing specific that i recall. Youtube always has things.

                                                  Search for "Manson Family" "Sharon tate Murder". Also search for Manson and The Beach Boys (Brian Wilson) connection.
                                                  Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                  Cack's right about it being a complicated tale that's hard to cover in a short article, but I get where you're coming from and that you only want a good overview. Read the Wikipedia articles on Manson and The Tate-LaBianca murders he & his group committed. Both are rather good and will fill you in on what happened, why, etc. in less than an hour.
                                                  Sounds good. Thanks guys.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                    Sounds good. Thanks guys.
                                                    The clip I referenced above is from the TV movie Helter Skelter from 1976 based on the Helter Skelter book which was written by the prosecutor in the case against Manson. There are clips of this on youtube (possibly the whole thing) and a 2004 version I think is there as well
                                                    Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Serious QU - what is Marilyn Manson up to, besides being incredibly bizarre?

                                                      I haven't heard about him in a decade it seems. Was he ever linked to any killings of his own? Does he still make music?

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                        Serious QU - what is Marilyn Manson up to, besides being incredibly bizarre?

                                                        I haven't heard about him in a decade it seems. Was he ever linked to any killings of his own? Does he still make music?
                                                        About 10 inches per Evan Rachel woods lol.
                                                        For looking like a cracked out version of the kid from wonder years he sure has dated a lot of hotties.
                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                          Serious QU - what is Marilyn Manson up to, besides being incredibly bizarre?

                                                          I haven't heard about him in a decade it seems. Was he ever linked to any killings of his own? Does he still make music?
                                                          Really?

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                            Really?
                                                            Yes, really. I know he made the song "Beautiful people", and "House of 1,000 corpses".... I know Charles was his Dad... And I know he removed his own ribs.

                                                            That's literally all I've ever known about Mary.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                              Yes, really. I know he made the song "Beautiful people", and "House of 1,000 corpses".... I know Charles was his Dad... And I know he removed his own ribs.

                                                              That's literally all I've ever known about Mary.
                                                              koon... koon....

                                                              nm

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                Yes, really. I know he made the song "Beautiful people", and "House of 1,000 corpses".... I know Charles was his Dad... And I know he removed his own ribs.

                                                                That's literally all I've ever known about Mary.
                                                                Shouldn't this all be in italics?

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                  Yes, really. I know he made the song "Beautiful people", and "House of 1,000 corpses".... I know Charles was his Dad... And I know he removed his own ribs.

                                                                  That's literally all I've ever known about Mary.
                                                                  Wait a second here....
                                                                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Lol so Marilyn isn't his son. Told you guys I don't know this story.

                                                                    What a crazy, weird, and nonconstructively-busy life this guy had.

                                                                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                      Lol so Marilyn isn't his son. Told you guys I don't know this story.

                                                                      What a crazy, weird, and nonconstructively-busy life this guy had.

                                                                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson
                                                                      I thought you were kidding. JFC.....

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Marilyn Manson used that name because he knew combining those names would evoke a lot of emotions in the country. He was all about shock. He's actually a really smart guy, and has said everything he does is entertainment.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                                          Wait a second here....
                                                                          No, no. Let him go. He's on a roll. Somehow this is going to involve Jethro Bodine, Norma Jean Baker, Paul McCartney, and Pearl Harbor when the Germans bombed Hawaii. I just know it.

                                                                          Bonus points to anyone who knows Jethro's connection to all this.
                                                                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Hold on guys... we cant forget that MM did serious time. He was a serious shot caller in jail.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                                                              Hold on guys... we cant forget that MM did serious time. He was a serious shot caller in jail.

                                                                              So you're saying that pic is OMM before the O for Old came into play?
                                                                              Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                                                Marilyn Manson used that name because he knew combining those names would evoke a lot of emotions in the country. He was all about shock. He's actually a really smart guy, and has said everything he does is entertainment.
                                                                                Sounds like it from reading his wiki. And while really weird and creepy, seems like a decent person with a heart. Again, based on his wiki.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                  Yes, really. I know he made the song "Beautiful people", and "House of 1,000 corpses".... I know Charles was his Dad... And I know he removed his own ribs.

                                                                                  That's literally all I've ever known about Mary.
                                                                                  Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                  Lol so Marilyn isn't his son. Told you guys I don't know this story.

                                                                                  What a crazy, weird, and nonconstructively-busy life this guy had.

                                                                                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson
                                                                                  Holy crap... You weren't joking?

                                                                                  FWIW, I heard that Marilyn Manson ended a relationship with his band co-founder, because of sex-assault allegations. This was last month, or so.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
                                                                                    Holy crap... You weren't joking?

                                                                                    FWIW, I heard that Marilyn Manson ended a relationship with his band co-founder, because of sex-assault allegations. This was last month, or so.
                                                                                    No, I wasn't. I'm not well versed on the Manson's. Never liked Marlin's music, and just never really grew up following the Charles's story.

                                                                                    I assumed he was Charles's son because of the name and the fact that he's so weird. I guess thinking that one day and never being told otherwise since I was ~16 led me to believe it until it came up again today.

                                                                                    That's that crazy? Anyway, I'm still interested in the documentary. I have a weird interest in people that go off on a life long path that's so counter-productive to society.
                                                                                    Last edited by koonja; 11-20-2017, 03:16 PM.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                      No, I wasn't. I'm not well versed on the Manson's. Never liked Marlin's music, and just never really grew up following the Charles's story.

                                                                                      I assumed he was Charles's son because of the name and the fact that he's so weird. I guess thinking that one day and never being told otherwise since I was ~16 led me to believe it until it came up again today.

                                                                                      That's that crazy? Anyway, I'm still interested in the documentary. I have a weird interest in people that go off on a life long path that's so counter-productive to society.
                                                                                      I got news for you. Marlin was into magic not music. Oh wait, that was his cousin Merlin. Never mind.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                        I got news for you. Marlin was into magic not music. Oh wait, that was his cousin Merlin. Never mind.
                                                                                        Olsen, right? Yeah, that dude was magical.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            And to bring it all together:

                                                                                            Marilyn Manson Mourned on Twitter, Confusing Him for Dead Mass Murderer Charles

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Screw Charles Manson, his death was long overdue. Rot in wherever you land now that you're gone, psychotic a$$hole.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                I I,aging the scene from little Nicky where Hitler takes a big ole pineapple on the corn hole and now a bigger one is waiting for Charlie. He's in the club with the terrorists and serial moletsers out there. Only hope he got roughed up good over the years.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Charlie wrote this one....
                                                                                                  [IMG]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LRGI5Exr3ZQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]
                                                                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                                    You don't have to be all high and mighty about it, I realize the book will likely have more details, but it's a busy time for me. And although I am interested, I'm not interested to carve out time to finish a book that will take me longer than I'd like, even if it's the best way to go.

                                                                                                    Sometimes you just gotta go the McDonalds way in life, you know?
                                                                                                    You posted like 17 times yesterday and this is your busy time? God help us when things slow down.
                                                                                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X