• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lucid Air... Meet Tesla's first real rival

Here it is.

- 400 mile range

- 1200hp - 130 kWh battery. Tesla's top model currently uses a 100kWh

- 0-60 in 2.5 sec

- Autonomous ready with short / long range radar, cameras and lidar.

- Fully voice controlled using Viv, Siri, Amazon Echo, etc...

- Assembled in the Phoenix, AZ metro area, creating 2000 new jobs

- Production to begin in 2018

- All for around $100k

Last edited by BobbyMac; 12-14-2016, 05:21 PM.

Nice but I think I'll stick to good ole fossil fuel until that price tag comes down!
    GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
      Nice but I think I'll stick to good ole fossil fuel until that price tag comes down!
      They're making a $65k version for us bottom feeders soon after launch.

The Tesla is a prettier car IMO but this car's performance would top it in all categories. I'n sure Tesla will answer the challenge by the time this is released though. It's nice to see these American start ups leading the world during the automotive industry's paradigm shift.

Comment

Went public today.

$26 makes you an owner.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

They're making a $65k version for us bottom feeders soon after launch.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
            Went public today.

$26 makes you an owner.
            It's far safer to bet against but at $26, I'm tempted to grab 50 shares and see what happens. TSLA and the field have such a head start.

What IP does Lucid have that makes them a player? What I've seen so far makes them a short run niche product.

Comment

I bought the SPAC months ago and had the opportunity to lose money ahead of the IPO. I haven't seen if the chip shortage will hurt them or not.
              Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                I bought the SPAC months ago and had the opportunity to lose money ahead of the IPO. I haven't seen if the chip shortage will hurt them or not.
                Good to know. I almost never make flippant decisions but I grabbed 65 shares just to see what happens over the coming years. It adds a little excitement to an otherwise bland index-fund portfolio. TSLA has been my only stock purchase to date and that was back in 2016 or 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

It's far safer to bet against but at $26, I'm tempted to grab 50 shares and see what happens. TSLA and the field have such a head start.

What IP does Lucid have that makes them a player? What I've seen so far makes them a short run niche product.
                  The best thing they have going for them is:

It out Tesla's Tesla in things that make a premium electric cars important.

They have big Saudi cash behind for security.

I'm not as crazy about them as I was Tesla obviously but it's gonna run when they hit the street. As a car guy, this is going to be 2022's Look At Me vehicle along with the Rivian SUV while the Mustang Mach E puts up Tesla like sales numbers. I think Ford marches to $30+ when the Mach E and F-150 Lightning are flying off the lots.

Caddy's Lyriq is beautiful too btw

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X