Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are y'all doing for the game on Saturday? I think I'll be making a fauxlognese sauce, possibly even the night before. I've been jonesing for some pasta for a while and Saturday seems like the perfect time to eat a big bowl of pasta.

Fauxlognese because I probably won't be adding the necessary ingredients of dairy, the full soffritto, and will be using only sausage instead of a mix of ground meats. Plus I might make it spicy too.

I have no idea what sorta drinks I'll be having during the game though.
    Last edited by zelezo vlk; 11-05-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Wife wanted some bagels and cream cheese so I picked some up at the store. Noticed they had a jalapeno cream cheese and got a tub. Toasted bagel with jalapeno cream cheese is pretty damn good!

Comment

• Made some chicken and sausage gumbo today so I could keep prep a bit for the next couple days. Pretty dang good, though next time I'll hopefully be able to make a dark roux

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
          Made some chicken and sausage gumbo today so I could keep prep a bit for the next couple days. Pretty dang good, though next time I'll hopefully be able to make a dark roux
          Love Cajun. May have to make Jambalaya this weekend.

Comment

• Made the Jambalaya Saturday. I'm not ashamed to say I ate it three days in a row. lol

Comment

• There’s a Chinese joint called Noodles and Dumplings here in EP,... no one should walk this earth and die without having tried this once,... legit, real, authentic Chinese in middle America... who knew such things were possible???
              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• On the way home from vacation, the wife and I made a detour to intentionally stop at this little joint in Gulf Shores called The Steamer. Ordered the Little Lagoon Steamer tray. Huge offering of Crab Legs, Royal Reds, Shrimp, Oysters, Clams, Corn on the Cob, New Potatoes and Sausage. We could only finish about half. Packed the rest in the cooler and had it the next day. Highly recommend it if you're in the area.

https://gulfcoaststeamer.com/wp-cont...eamer-Menu.pdf

Comment

• Let me brag on myself a bit,... my wife’s family runs a church group that builds homes across the border for poor Mexican families in Juarez. They recruit volunteers from all over the country and from more affluent areas of Mexico and build homes like twice a year. Every time they do they also ask for people to cook for the volunteers, which I’ve done numerous times with tacos, lasagna, jambalaya etc,... a couple weeks ago I made a huge pot of albondigas and got the reviews back today. According to the Mexican lady that helps run the program every single volunteer, Mexican and American, said it was the best albondigas they’ve ever had... everyone wants my contact info to get the recipe,... I take pride in my cooking and that made me feel pretty good.
                  Last edited by ACamp1900; Yesterday, 09:28 PM.
                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Let's see that recipe dude

Comment

Let's see that recipe dude
                      Seriously, what a tease.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                        Let me brag on myself a bit,... my wife’s family runs a church group that builds homes across the border for poor Mexican families in Juarez. They recruit volunteers from all over the country and from more affluent areas of Mexico and build homes like twice a year. Every time they do they also ask for people to cook for the volunteers, which I’ve done numerous times with tacos, lasagna, jambalaya etc,... a couple weeks ago I made a huge pot of albondigas and got the reviews back today. According to the Mexican lady that helps run the program every single volunteer, Mexican and American, said it was the best albondigas they’ve ever had... everyone wants my contact info to get the recipe,... I take pride in my cooking and that made me feel pretty good.
                        Would like to see what you use... my family makes a pretty mean pot of albondigas

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                          On the way home from vacation, the wife and I made a detour to intentionally stop at this little joint in Gulf Shores called The Steamer. Ordered the Little Lagoon Steamer tray. Huge offering of Crab Legs, Royal Reds, Shrimp, Oysters, Clams, Corn on the Cob, New Potatoes and Sausage. We could only finish about half. Packed the rest in the cooler and had it the next day. Highly recommend it if you're in the area.

https://gulfcoaststeamer.com/wp-cont...eamer-Menu.pdf
                          Can confirm. Great place to eat. Gulf Shores is one of my favorite places on the planet.
                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Let's see that recipe dude
                            Doubling this request. I am also the family chef (extended family included) so holidays and events can often fall to me. Would love to try this.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X