Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in Fargo today. Some friends have been raving about the steaks at some little hole in the wall place 15 miles south of town called the Davenport Supper Club, so they took me. There were steers out back fighting for the honor of being slaughtered and grilled. One of the best, most tender steaks I've ever eaten.
    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
      Pancit is finally back at my HEB! Picked up 10 packets to restock my cupboards and fixed up 1 spicy and 1 lime tonight. Damn good stuff
      What's lime pancit?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
        What's lime pancit?
        Filipino ramen noodles.
        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
          Pancit is finally back at my HEB! Picked up 10 packets to restock my cupboards and fixed up 1 spicy and 1 lime tonight. Damn good stuff
          Theyíre addictive dude for Ďcheap foodí
          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Mushroom Swiss burgers and grilled corn tonight. Too bad it isnít easier to post a picture on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
              Filipino ramen noodles.
              Instant pancit? Man, that can't be good, can it?

True story: since Hawaii is a million miles from SB, we never went home for Thanksgiving. We used to invite the classmates who also couldn't go home for dinner to our apartment. One year, we had two Filipino classmates come over and they asked what they could bring. I was seriously craving pancit and lumpia, so I asked them to bring some. I thought they would bring a small serving, instead they brought a gigantic pot/tray full. When I asked why they made so much, they said because they used their grandmothers' recipes and it was set for big parties.

Comment

• Ha,... It’s what Filipinos do,... you can tell I’ve been adopted at this point because I’ve totally taken the ‘always over cook’ thing from my wife’s family and yeah, I always overcook for guests to extreme amounts now. anyway the instant is obviously nowhere near as good as the real stuff but it’s better than you’d think. I always have some of hand.

Comment

• Yeah the instant stuff is surprisingly good for instant noodles. Totally knocks the cheap ramen out of the water.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Having a cookout for my staff today. Doing cherry smoked pork belly and turning them into burnt ends.

Comment

• Making lemon garlic butter rice and Tilapia tonight but adobo and homemade lumpia later this week on the filipino tip

Comment

• Pulled pork, mac & cheese, corn on the cob and deviled eggs for Race Day!! Not used to watching it on TV.

Comment

Ha,... Itís what Filipinos do,... you can tell Iíve been adopted at this point because Iíve totally taken the Ďalways over cookí thing from my wifeís family and yeah, I always overcook for guests to extreme amounts now. anyway the instant is obviously nowhere near as good as the real stuff but itís better than youíd think. I always have some of hand.
                          You know what I love? Puto (not the naught word, heathens). I always encourage making way too many of those, because I can devour those things by the handful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                            Pulled pork, mac & cheese, corn on the cob and deviled eggs for Race Day!! Not used to watching it on TV.
                            I spoke with my best friend back in Indy. He hasn't missed a race in 30+ years. He's bummin' big time. Drowning his sorrows in vodka drinks.

He made chili, and I made both pulled pork and chili.
                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Made some fried chicken tonight. Going to have it with some watermelon

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

You know what I love? Puto.
                                There's no judgement here, bro. The heart wants what it wants.
                                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                  Made some fried chicken tonight. Going to have it with some watermelon
                                  We had that often growing up "down home" at my my mom's parents farm. And always green beans and potatoes with it. Cornbread too. Diving face first into a big slice of watermelon and spittin' seeds was fantastic as a kid.
                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Made cornbread tonight. It didn’t go with what we were having but I had some buttermilk that needed to be used. My cornbread is pretty killer so it worked out

Comment

Pulled pork, mac & cheese, corn on the cob and deviled eggs for Race Day!! Not used to watching it on TV.
                                      Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                      I spoke with my best friend back in Indy. He hasn't missed a race in 30+ years. He's bummin' big time. Drowning his sorrows in vodka drinks.

He made chili, and I made both pulled pork and chili.
                                      I'm so use to it not being aired locally, I forgot to catch some of it. lol

The youngest and his wife came over, so mom made chicken wings, fish, mac & cheese, chips & queso and watermelon.

Comment

• Hatch green chile enchiladas tonight

Comment

Making lemon garlic butter rice and Tilapia tonight but adobo and homemade lumpia later this week on the filipino tip
                                          I love lumpia. So much better than a ďregularĒ egg roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubba View Post
                                            I love lumpia. So much better than a ďregularĒ egg roll.
                                            Agreed,... Way better. Itís hard to compare them to anything else tho,...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                              There's no judgement here, bro. The heart wants what it wants.
                                              There's no denying my love of those soft, fluffy, white balls of goodness.

Comment

I'm not touching that statement with a 10ft pole! lol

Comment

Thanks for kicking my day off with a good laugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                    I'm not touching that statement with a 10ft pole! lol
                                                    <div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="5740471" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="2.360189573459716"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/are-you-not-entertained-gif-5740471">Are You GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/are-gifs">Are GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Comment

• RIP to the Ponderosa in Beech Grove. I’m going to miss their chicken wings. My cousin waitressed there for over 20 years.

Comment

• Dropped below 75 today for the first time in a few months, made a big pot of albondigas last night. So ready for cooler weather

Comment

• I think I'm making some posole tomorrow.

Comment

• Making Kenji Lopez Alt's oven wings tomorrow.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                              Making Kenji Lopez Alt's oven wings tomorrow.
                                                              I've made them once before though I couldn't let the wings sit long enough to dry out. Still pretty crispy, so if you follow the recipe well, it'll turn out great. Dude knows his stuff.

Comment

• They just put in a Handel's Homemade Ice Cream by my house. I never had it before the other day.

Might be the best ice cream I've had. This quart of half chocolate, half strawberry sitting in front of me doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

They just put in a Handel's Homemade Ice Cream by my house. I never had it before the other day.

Might be the best ice cream I've had. This quart of half chocolate, half strawberry sitting in front of me doesn't stand a chance.
                                                                  Handel's is great - i just didnt enjoy standing in line to get it.
                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                    Handel's is great - i just didnt enjoy standing in line to get it.
                                                                    Well yeah, there is that too. I went last night around 8pm or so and it was still packed but worth the wait. No drive thru either.

Comment

Agreed,... Way better. Itís hard to compare them to anything else tho,...
                                                                      Selected Taco Bells in some areas are introducing lumpia to their menu. A friend who owns a Taco Bell said they're made at a plant in Chicago and sent to them frozen. Two minutes in the microwave and you've got yourself some Filo-Spano gastronomic heaven. They're outstanding, just like everything else you get when you make a run for the border. I can't imagine your home-made lumpia being this good.

Comment

• Lol I’m sure they’re not

Comment

• I’m making lemon butter and herb chicken with this recipe tonight:

https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/lemo...roast-chicken/

I add carrots to the veggies but otherwise just like it says and it’s to die for fellas.

Comment

Lol Iím sure theyíre not
                                                                            Well, I made the whole thing up just to get a reaction from you, so... :-)

Comment

Iím making lemon butter and herb chicken with this recipe tonight:

https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/lemo...roast-chicken/

I add carrots to the veggies but otherwise just like it says and itís to die for fellas.
                                                                              To do list:

1. Buy a dutch oven
                                                                              2. Make this
                                                                              3. ?
                                                                              4. Profit

Comment

• Had bourbon glazed salmon last night. Side dish of Bush Baked Beans. Those puppies kicked in around bedtime. The wife wasn't thrilled about going to bed. lol

Comment

• Trying to jump into the Chili game this fall. Anyone got any pointers/recipes you like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                    Had bourbon glazed salmon last night. Side dish of Bush Baked Beans. Those puppies kicked in around bedtime. The wife wasn't thrilled about going to bed. lol
                                                                                    Has she ever been!

Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                                                      To do list:

1. Buy a dutch oven
                                                                                      2. Make this
                                                                                      3. ?
                                                                                      4. Profit
                                                                                      Highly recommend a Dutch oven for sure, lol got a pretty large one from Cabellas for roughly 70 bucks. Cast iron, we enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCDomer View Post
                                                                                        Trying to jump into the Chili game this fall. Anyone got any pointers/recipes you like?
                                                                                        Really depends on what style of chili you're trying to make. My number one recommendation would be to make a good chili paste from dried chilis: guajillo, New Mexico, and anchos. If you can find them, pasilla are great too. They give a much better flavor than chili powder, though I'll still sneak some good chili powder in too. You don't benefit anything by saving a buck and using the 30 cent generic chili powder. Make sure to get good stuff.

Whether you want it with beans, without, a bowl of red, or Cincinnati diarrhea style is up to you.

Comment

Trying to jump into the Chili game this fall. Anyone got any pointers/recipes you like?
                                                                                          I make a mean bison/poblano chili . Basic starter tip: I’d say hunts for tomato sauce ( don’t go budget here).

My recipe (kind of, I’m going off memory here) is a pound of bison, pound of whatever else, ground beef of turkey. One sweet onion diced. 4-5 poblanos diced. Cook that up together, drain most of the fat and add a can of diced tomato, can of kidney and black beans drained. Chicken broth, cumin, chili powder (try to get some good kind not just the base spice section kind), salt, pepper, sugar, oregano, garlic powder, about a half cup mustard, your fav hot sauce (I go crystal) and a large can of Hunts tomato sauce. Slow cook it. Add more seasonings as needed as you go. You can add a bit of Worcestershire, or beer, or coffe, stuff like that as your preference dictates. I usually go by mood. Serve with sour cream, cheese, onion, whatever. I don’t have a full set/written recipe but that’s my base and it’s a big hit every fall. My neighbor just came back from Afghanistan, his first request was my chili lol
                                                                                          Last edited by ACamp1900; 09-17-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I make a mean bison/poblano chili . Basic starter tip: Iíd say hunts for tomato sauce ( donít go budget here).

My recipe (kind of, Iím going off memory here) is a pound of bison, pound of whatever else, ground beef of turkey. One sweet onion diced. 4-5 poblanos diced. Cook that up together, drain most of the fat and add a can of diced tomato, can of kidney and black beans drained. Chicken broth, cumin, chili powder (try to get some good kind not just the base spice section kind), salt, pepper, garlic powder, about a half cup mustard, your fav hot sauce (I go crystal) and a large can of Hunts tomato sauce. Slow cook it. Add more seasonings as needed as you go. You can add a bit of Worcestershire, or beer, or coffe, stuff like that as your preference dictates. I usually go by mood. Serve with sour cream, cheese, onion, whatever. I donít have a full set/written recipe but thatís my base and itís a big hit every fall. My neighbor just came back from Afghanistan, his first request was my chili lol
                                                                                            My man.

FYI, if you want a good approximation of a Bowl of Red Texas chili con carne, I've used this recipe several times and it always turns out great. Note: this is a very different kind of dish than your typical chili with beans. It's more akin to a guisada and perfect with fresh tortillas. https://food52.com/recipes/11440-a-bowl-of-red

Comment

• Just got a blackstone griddle. Highly recommended. The speed of cooking and ease of clean up is amazing. That and when you clang the two metal spatulas together you feel like a pro.

Comment

• Making jambalaya tonight, another fav of friends and family.

Comment

I use 2 lbs ground beef with 1 lb ground pork. I throw them in a pan and fry with a collection of McCormick spices: Garlic and Herb, Bourbon Maple, Montreal Steak, and Bacon Chipotle along with a good chili powder (as others have mentioned).

I dice up a sweet onion plus 1 green, 1 red, and 1 yellow (or orange) pepper. For some heat, I will cut up a couple jalapenos or a habanero depending on who is eating. I add the peppers and onion to the meat when the meat is almost done (still little pink) and cook them together until soft.

While the meat and veggies are cooking, I pour a can and a half of tomato sauce (I use Contadina), 2 cans of light red kidney beans, chili powder, and hot sauce (I use a combo of Texas Pete and Frank's) to a crock pot. I also add the hot sauce to the pan as everything cooks.

I drain of most fat, and add the meat and veggies to the crock pot, and set it on low for 6-8 hours, stirring and adding sauces and spices as needed throughout the day. I like to serve it with cheese and some good crusty bread and butter.

Comment

Making jambalaya tonight, another fav of friends and family.
                                                                                                    Love me a good batch of jambalaya although it typically puts me in a food coma for a few hours.

Comment

• Idk if this is old news but I just discovered the other flavored lemon heads ( I’m that weird guy that eats all the lemon heads and lemon starburst everyone else passes on),... not the chews, I’ve known and loved those. The regular old hard lemon heads but in cherry and apple flavor. The sour apple are incredible, hook them to my veins

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X