X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Onions on a beef????

Dammit YJ, just put ketchup on your hot dog right now and get it over with.

Some guy named Rocco is on his way to see you. I think you'll find the trunk of his black Caddy very spacious.

I have a few Rocco's in my extended family, and my best man's name was Rocco. Got Demtrios, Vinnies, Antnys, Lucas, etc., etc...

I welcome all Roccos, and happy to talk extensively about Caddies and Continentals with them.

Stick to your depression sammiches Crus...
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Polacks everywhere,...
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
        You wish it weren't true!

Uno's has great deep dish pizza as does Noble Roman's. We stay away from Noble roman's regular pizza. Giordano's pizza out of Chicago opened a couple of places in Indy. Pretty solid pizza.
        Thank you Brother!! Tried to give reps but I have to spread it around. Not going to give them to the pineapple crowd. The grape jelly/tomato sauce lovers really intrigue me though.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
          I preferred Bazbeaux's to Jockamo's when I was living in Indy. Not sure I ever tried Jockamo's other than once
          I've had both. Both excellent pizzas.

Pepperoni
          Sausage
          Onions
          Green Peppers (these two go on the wifes half.)
          Mushrooms

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
          Grew up down the street from this church (pic of the Italian Fest).

Latin School! Been to that festival a few times. Isn't that tall guy with the sleeveless white T Cruz?

you like a good Italian beef sandwich with peps mix and onions?
          The wife and I make Italian Sausage sandwiches on a regular basis. Along with the peppers and onions, we add sauce and cheese (moz or prov).
          Last edited by Irish#1; 04-15-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
            I have a few Rocco's in my extended family, and my best man's name was Rocco. Got Demtrios, Vinnies, Antnys, Lucas, etc., etc...

I welcome all Roccos, and happy to talk extensively about Caddies and Continentals with them.

Stick to your depression sammiches Crus...
            That's legit. the H & O are indeed silent.

Back to these heartland restaurants you guys were tossing around. Why no Greeks? I used to get a baked footlong roast beef for $3.50 at Miami.

I thought that was a central Indiana institution?

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
              Polacks everywhere,...
              I'm feeling threatened by your xenophobic and racist remarks. Polacks are people too. A Polack buddy of mine growing up was a hero. His father once locked his keys in the car, and he used a coat hanger to save his family trapped inside.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
              Latin School! Been to that festival a few times. Isn't that tall guy with the sleeveless white T Cruz?

The wife and I make Italian Sausage sandwiches on a regular basis. Along with the peppers and onions, we add sauce and cheese (moz or prov).
              I grew up on the street that t-bones the street the church is on. Worked that festival every year till I moved from Indy. Shoveled lasagna, dished Italian sausage sandwiches, and slang Peroni's and Chianti later in my teen years lol.. The festival has changed a lot. The latest "priest" basically expelled many of the old timers that ran it for decades. Just not the same IMO. Haven't been in years.

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              That's legit. the H & O are indeed silent.

Back to these heartland restaurants you guys were tossing around. Why no Greeks? I used to get a baked footlong roast beef for $3.50 at Miami.

I thought that was a central Indiana institution?
              One of my middle names is Antny, after my uncle and godfather....

There's a few good Greek restaurants (my mom's favorite) in Indy. Personally, I like Greek food, but aside from gyros and salads, it's like bland Italian to me..... A girl that I grew up with vacationed in Greece years ago, brought a guy home and got married, and started a Greek joint. They closed the restaurant down and transitioned to a big Greek catering/restaurant location. The owner is awesome. She had her folks deliver a ton of Greek food to my mom two weeks ago during the shutdown.

Comment

One of my middle names is Antny, after my uncle and godfather....

There's a few good Greek restaurants (my mom's favorite) in Indy. Personally, I like Greek food, but aside from gyros and salads, it's like bland Italian to me..... A girl that I grew up with vacationed in Greece years ago, brought a guy home and got married, and started a Greek joint. They closed the restaurant down and transitioned to a big Greek catering/restaurant location. The owner is awesome. She had her folks deliver a ton of Greek food to my mom two weeks ago during the shutdown.
                I meant Greek's Pizzeria.

I sublet an apt above the original Greek's location across the street from Valpo's campus when I transferred there. I then lived in a house behind it.

Comment

I sublet an apt above the original Greek's location across the street from Valpo's campus when I transferred there. I then lived in a house behind it.
                  Ah. Never had Greek's. We have Athens Pizza here in GA though :-). If you had good pizza in college, I'm jealous. We had turrible pizza at IU when I was there.... My favorite joint was BW3s back then, and a weck burger (beef on weck).

Comment

I grew up on the street that t-bones the street the church is on. Worked that festival every year till I moved from Indy. Shoveled lasagna, dished Italian sausage sandwiches, and slang Peroni's and Chianti later in my teen years lol.. The festival has changed a lot. The latest "priest" basically expelled many of the old timers that ran it for decades. Just not the same IMO. Haven't been in years.
                    I may have bought a sandwich from you before we ever met!

My grandfather was Greek/Macedonian. Grandma learned to cook this Greek dish we referred to as hamburger pie. Man I miss that dish. She also fried some white cheese. I assume it was Feta, but not sure. They closed the Greek restaurant on Prospect St. (edge of Fountain Square). Was that it? I liked it better than the one by Shapiro's.

Never have had Greeks, but have heard of it.

Comment

I may have bought a sandwich from you before we ever met!
                      If you were there in the 80s up to 97ish, good chance we could have bumped into each other. Always there hours before opening, to hours after close (and always an after party)

My grandfather was Greek/Macedonian. Grandma learned to cook this Greek dish we referred to as hamburger pie. Man I miss that dish. She also fried some white cheese. I assume it was Feta, but not sure. They closed the Greek restaurant on Prospect St. (edge of Fountain Square). Was that it? I liked it better than the one by Shapiro's.
                      You are probably talking about Kreatopita (hamburger pie). My mom likes it all, but her favs are Mousakka and Patitsio.

Yup, that was it (Santorini on Prospect). They are now at the Biltwell Event Center across the street from Riley Park (on White River Parkway). The owner and I as kids used to work at the City Market at my aunt's produce stand late 70s early 80s. I was a little shit and would lock her in the refrigerated cage in the basement where we stored the produce lol.

Comment

I had no idea Valpo is where Greek's started. I've never seen one outside of Muncie.

I will also add that Greek's is good, but it perhaps the worst cold pizza ever. You either eat it fresh baked or toss it.
                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Anyone ever play Grand Theft Auto V?? The part of Cali outside LA where all the trailers and meth heads are??? That’s where I’m from,.... just thought I’d share since that’s where the thread seems to be currently. I felt left out,.......
                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Anyone ever play Grand Theft Auto V?? The part of Cali outside LA where all the trailers and meth heads are??? That’s where I’m from,.... just thought I’d share since that’s where the thread seems to be currently. I felt left out,.......
                            Truly explains a lot though. Did you have a particularly good recipe for meth that you can share? It is the cooking thread after all?

Comment

Truly explains a lot though. Did you have a particularly good recipe for meth that you can share? It is the cooking thread after all?
                              Ha, I don’t know how but I stayed out of all that,... I went to a football game last year leading up to the reunion and a bunch of old classmates were there. They were all discussing their numerous divorces like badges of honor,... talking about how tore back they were the night before, waking up not knowing where they were etc,... arrest records,... addictions,... hook ups,... they talked about it all openly,... just a laundry list of ‘wait, aren’t you almost forty??’ None of them ever left though so you could tell their minds were just warped to it all. It’s normal. It was surreal and I felt very fortunate to have left shortly after high school.

Anyway, back to the fun stuff.

Comment

Ha, I don’t know how but I stayed out of all that,... I went to a football game last year leading up to the reunion and a bunch of old classmates were there. They were all discussing their numerous divorces like badges of honor,... talking about how tore back they were the night before, waking up not knowing where they were etc,... arrest records,... addictions,... hook ups,... they talked about it all openly,... just a laundry list of ‘wait, aren’t you almost forty??’ None of them ever left though so you could tell their minds were just warped to it all. It’s normal. It was surreal and I felt very fortunate to have left shortly after high school.

Anyway, back to the fun stuff.
                                I grew up among a lot of the same. Some zigged, some zagged. Many zigzagged
                                Last edited by Irish YJ; 04-16-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Crusader seems to have been everywhere,... I’d suspect he’s passed through Victorville on his way to Vegas from LA or vice versa,....

Comment

You are probably talking about Kreatopita (hamburger pie). My mom likes it all, but her favs are Mousakka and Patitsio.

Yup, that was it (Santorini on Prospect). They are now at the Biltwell Event Center across the street from Riley Park (on White River Parkway). The owner and I as kids used to work at the City Market at my aunt's produce stand late 70s early 80s. I was a little shit and would lock her in the refrigerated cage in the basement where we stored the produce lol.
                                    That's probably it although her's was a little greasier than what the picture shows.

Yep, Santorini. Go to the Biltwell Event Center every January for the CYO fund raiser.

Comment

That's probably it although her's was a little greasier than what the picture shows.

Yep, Santorini. Go to the Biltwell Event Center every January for the CYO fund raiser.
                                      I miss the CYO folks in Indy. One of my best friends moved back from FL and now volunteers a lot in our old hillbilly hood. Many of the same folks that were there when I was a kid, are still there.

If you ever need catering, they're reasonable and do everything from box lunches to silver plate with servers. Next time you're over there, pop in and tell Jeanette I love her, and appreciate her delivering to my mother. She's a great egg, and would probably offer you some food lol. Her mother drove our school bus and worked in the cafeteria in grade school. Awesome family.

Comment

• Made chicken noodle soup with leftover smoked chicken. To go with it did some fried ham Swiss and tomato roll ups
                                        Prehistoric

Comment

Crusader seems to have been everywhere,... I’d suspect he’s passed through Victorville on his way to Vegas from LA or vice versa,....
                                          And everywhere he goes he’s amazed at the fact that they have real “Chicago Style TM” pizza.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• So my wife crushes breakfast. She’ll make a sandwich on rye, layer of homemade hash browns, bacon, pepper jack, mayo, guac and an egg. I hit it up with Tabasco. She could sell these sandwiches.
                                            Last edited by ACamp1900; 04-18-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

So my wife crushes breakfast. She’ll make a sandwich on rye, layer of homemade hash browns, bacon, pepper jack, mayo, guac and an egg. I hit it up with tobacco. She could sell these sandwiches.
                                              Sounds smokin'

Comment

Sounds smokin'
                                                Auto correct fucked me again,... lol

Comment

Auto correct fucked me again,... lol
                                                  I knew what you meant brother. I've made something similar, but no hash browns. Fried egg, bacon, guac, jalapeno cheese and cheddar, mayo, and some kind of Boars Head spicy sauce (that I also use on fish tacos). Never thought of adding has browns, but some good hash browns with some green peps and onions sounds like an interesting addition.

Comment

• Going to do a chorizo hash with eggs tomorrow can't wait
                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

• Found some tri tip. Unfortunately thinking that I might have wasted it for some meh tacos. Dang. Luckily it was somewhat cheap

Comment

• Actually it turned out decently.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

Crusader seems to have been everywhere,... I’d suspect he’s passed through Victorville on his way to Vegas from LA or vice versa,....
                                                          I was only in CA for 2 years and never got to do the "Desert Dash" because my chick always had free SW miles and we lived 15 min from John Wayne.

I thought you were from Lancaster. Maybe if you're home during the Adelanto GP we can go to Bravo Burgers? Adelanto is one of my bucket list items. I tried to see as many of the 70's - 80's Cali race MX tracks that I obsessed over when reading Motocross Action & Cycle World. Didn't make it to your neck of the woods yet.

Is Bravo Burgers any good? I only know about it from reading MX guys mention eating there so I put it in my file.

Oh... And does anyone have any authentic Chicago Style Pizza there? Nevermind, we don't eat deep dish anyways.

- for Hammer

Comment

• Nope not Lancaster, I was born and raised in Victorville. Adelanto is the armpit of my area and my area ain’t great to begin with lol. Bravo Burger is okay but it does have a good reputation. The one near my old neighborhood closed up years ago. Manny’s burgers in Victorville is legit one of the best burger joints I’ve ever been to. Really good food options in the HD really, that’s one point of pride I guess. And yeah,.... The High Desert is def a place for MX tho,... no doubt
                                                            Last edited by ACamp1900; 04-19-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Found some tri tip. Unfortunately thinking that I might have wasted it for some meh tacos. Dang. Luckily it was somewhat cheap
                                                              We got a Santa Maria in the bag from Costco and made it the other day. It's good and 3lbs was $17 I think.

Having the leftovers, some Roadrunner eggs & grilled tortillas this morning for brunch

Comment

Found some tri tip. Unfortunately thinking that I might have wasted it for some meh tacos. Dang. Luckily it was somewhat cheap
                                                                We got a Santa Maria in the bag from Costco and made it the other day. It's good and 3lbs was $17 I think.

Having the leftovers, some Roadrunner eggs & grilled tortillas this morning for brunch
                                                                Man that sucks zel, it wasn’t my chimichurri tacos recipe was it??

Santa Maria is the way to go generally, ( though I go garlic and red wine with chimichurri for tacos)... love tri tip. Smoke it for a short while, maybe 90 minutes,... comes out fantastic.

Comment

Man that sucks zel, it wasn’t my chimichurri tacos recipe was it??

Santa Maria is the way to go generally, ( though I go garlic and red wine with chimichurri for tacos)... love tri tip. Smoke it for a short while, maybe 90 minutes,... comes out fantastic.
                                                                  Nah, it was a random recipe I found online. I think they were using a significantly smaller piece than me. Overall it was fine, but a little too tough, super flavorful though.

Having the leftovers, some Roadrunner eggs
                                                                  What are roadrunner eggs?
                                                                  Last edited by zelezo vlk; 04-19-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Yeah tri tip needs less cooking time than just about any other cut of comparable size,... easy to overcook if you cook it like you would other cuts.

Comment

• Zingers are Hostess’ best offering,... by far really.

Comment

Zingers are Hostess’ best offering,... by far really.
                                                                        hard to pick between these but id say mini muffics, hoho's, and honey buns. I dont think they make them anymore but there was a brief period in my teens when i really liked their strawberry coconut things.

doing some blackened fish tacos tonight

did some awesome chorizo hash over the weekend
                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• Fried chicken and blueberry waffles for a while back

heres the chorizo hash

bangers and mash with onion gravy for st p's

smoked ribs with asian seasonings with deep fried mac and cheese balls we did for super bowl
                                                                          Last edited by NDdomer2; 04-21-2020, 02:21 PM.
                                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                            I dont think they make them anymore but there was a brief period in my teens when i really liked their strawberry coconut things.
                                                                            Pretty sure you’re describing Zinger. Twinkees with Raspberry and coconut on the outside.

Comment

Fried chicken and blueberry waffles for a while back

Bruh.... just missing some Frank’s or Crystal for me but looks great.

Comment

• ACamp hasn't posted in here since April. you on a diet? lol

Made cajun tilapia with roasted potatoes from Hello Fresh last night. Made a coating with paprika and mayo than dipped in panko before cooking in olive oil. Pretty good.

Comment

• Made fish tacos last night and Santa Maria tri tip, cornbread and greens today,...

Comment

• chicken quesadilla burgers tonight
                                                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

chicken quesadilla burgers tonight
                                                                                      ¿Que?

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                                                        ¿Que?
                                                                                        Chicken patties, pepper jack cheese, sauteed onions peppers and tomatoes, Mexi ranch sauce, lettuce, then fried tortillas for bun
                                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

Chicken patties, pepper jack cheese, sauteed onions peppers and tomatoes, Mexi ranch sauce, lettuce, then fried tortillas for bun
                                                                                          Saving this for use this week.

Comment

I don’t know how prevalent they are nationally, but in both Cali and Texas most good gastro pubs have ‘mexican’ burgers of some sort and they’re usually my go to. Something like: roasted jalapeño or Anaheim, crispy onions, chipotle ranch, pepper jack, avocado slices or guac. Very good stuff. Oggis brew house, a chain of breweries in Cali has one called the matador that’s among of fav chain burgers anywhere. It comes either as a normal burger or grilled chicken sandwich, both very good.

Comment

• Making pernil for the 1st time today. Sous Vide style @ 165° for 24 hours then a 30-minute oven roast @ 400° to finish. Adobo & sazon dry rub in a sofrito marinade. Going boom or bust with this one lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                                Making pernil for the 1st time today. Sous Vide style @ 165° for 24 hours then a 30-minute oven roast @ 400° to finish. Adobo & sazon dry rub in a sofrito marinade. Going boom or bust with this one lol

Had to look it up,... seems like a Puerto Rican version of lechon or pulled pork, sound about right? I’d like a full report on how it comes out if possible.

Comment

Sounds interesting. What’s mexi ranch sauce?

Here’s something to try if you’re gonna do a regular quesadilla. Dice a large bunch of cilantro, some onion and some garlic. Throw in a pan with hot olive oil, season with some cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Sauté that. Remove from heat and use as filling for quesadillas.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Bluto; 06-21-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                                                                                                    Sounds interesting. What’s mexi ranch sauce?

Here’s something to try if you’re gonna do a regular quesadilla. Dice a large bunch of cilantro, some onion and some garlic. Throw in a pan with hot olive oil, season with some cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Sauté that. Remove from heat and use as filling for quesadillas.
                                                                                                    I cheat and took some existing ranch salad dressing from fridge, added some taco seasoning, and some dashes of hot sauce.

I would have put avacados or guac but didn't have any in the house.
                                                                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

Had to look it up,... seems like a Puerto Rican version of lechon or pulled pork, sound about right? I’d like a full report on how it comes out if possible.
                                                                                                      You're spot on! And it came out fucking perfect, thank you for asking :)

I had been wanting to do a larger pork roast and came across pernil. Never had it before, but seemed like it might be good. I'm my harshest critic with my food (who here isn't?) and I'm telling you, I would eat this 8 days a week!

Last edited by ThePiombino; 06-21-2020, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X