This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Brozinnis’s! Makes Jacks only wish it was that good. Have to side with Cruz on the toppings. Load the meat and maybe mushrooms and onions, but keep the rest of the salad for lunch.
    I love Bros but it’s not king. You’re just stuck with no delivery. The ordinary is not what it used to be either. Jacks has stood the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
      Bronzinni's I hear is good, but they can girly up a pizza. My buddy who eats there regularly says it's overpriced snob pizza. Had to look at the website, but I think I ate at one in Nashville, not Indy.

Pretty reasonable prices IMO. Donatosís is the most overpriced pizza IMO.

Comment

Pretty reasonable prices IMO. Donatosís is the most overpriced pizza IMO.
        I occasionally ate Donato's when back in Indy, but thought they went out of business (or at least closed a bunch of locations). I think I had their "Founder's Favorite", or something like that. Pep, Sausage, onions, and banana peppers I think. I don't recall it costing that much. Mom probably had a coupon though lol. It's been a while regardless. Not the greatest, but good. Liked their flavor/spice.
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Y'all talking about pizza?

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
            So pasta,... does anyone really prefer al dente to softer pastas?? I like it cooked a bit longer
            Al dente is the way to be.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
              Y'all talking about pizza?

Pizza King was a standard growing up when I'd visit family in Greencastle or Stinky Haute. It's been forever, but I sure don't remember it looking like that. It was closer to the Jack's pic I posted.

Comment

Y'all talking about pizza?

Pizza king is highly hit or miss. My GFs kids are from Bluffton love it. Shit tastes like soggy crust to me.

Comment

• El Paso is a pretty slept on food city. It’s mex is okay but the pizza, gastropubs, bbq, steak houses etc are really good. Have a few good pizza joints near me, varying styles
                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Pizza King was a standard growing up when I'd visit family in Greencastle or Stinky Haute. It's been forever, but I sure don't remember it looking like that. It was closer to the Jack's pic I posted.

I would say that that picture makes the crust look thicker than it is.

The one down the street from me is great. Thin crust, toppings galore. It's beautiful.

I have heard of some of them going their own way therefore making it quite hit or miss depending on specific location...but that's what happens when you franchise, I guess.
                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                      Pizza king is highly hit or miss. My GFs kids are from Bluffton love it. Shit tastes like soggy crust to me.

Is the Bluffton one a thicker crust or what? That sounds odd if it's "soggy". Though they do slather that puppy where I'm from.

Comment

Brozinnisís! Makes Jacks only wish it was that good. Have to side with Cruz on the toppings. Load the meat and maybe mushrooms and onions, but keep the rest of the salad for lunch.
                        This is not true.

Comment

Is the Bluffton one a thicker crust or what? That sounds odd if it's "soggy". Though they do slather that puppy where I'm from.
                          I have Pizza King down the street and one just south me. The one up Bluffton and many more Iíve unfortunately flavored. It sucks bro.

Comment

• I actually played Pac Man the first time in a Pizza King

Comment

Here's a pic below of what we were talking about (Jack's). Not much difference. If you add jalapenos, you'd have what I typically order.

I've had pizza in Chicago plenty of times (talking both normal and DD). I don't consider what you call "Chicago" pizza much different than normal. The only thing I associate with "Chicago" is deep dish.

I've had several DD pies from Pizzeria Uno in Chicago... absolutely delicious. When we went in 2015 for the ND game we tried Giordano's. It was amazing. DD is a treat for me. Chicago makes some BIG pies!

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenore View Post
                                I've had several DD pies from Pizzeria Uno in Chicago... absolutely delicious. When we went in 2015 for the ND game we tried Giordano's. It was amazing. DD is a treat for me. Chicago makes some BIG pies!

Cheers and Go Irish!!
                                AH-HAAAA!

Told you YJ... tourist pizza. All the way from the Arctic Circle.

Comment

I would say that that picture makes the crust look thicker than it is.

The one down the street from me is great. Thin crust, toppings galore. It's beautiful.

I have heard of some of them going their own way therefore making it quite hit or miss depending on specific location...but that's what happens when you franchise, I guess.
                                  I've heard the same as 2155 (very hit or miss). It's been forever for me, but back in the day, the ones I went to were similar to Jack's in look, just with different flavor. Both heaped the toppings, PK maybe a little more. The one out in Terre Haute or Brazil was always better than the Greencastle one, so perhaps a big inconsistent even back then. I loved it though as a kid. My aunt and uncle don't eat it anymore IIRC, so perhaps it's changed there too.

Originally posted by Greenore View Post

Cheers and Go Irish!!
                                  I love a good DD too. Very different though than normal pizza to me, and just see them like different foods almost. I used to travel to Chicago a lot, and I'd always eat at one awesome joint on the Italian side of town, and one other close to the Chinatown area. Wasn't DD though. There was also a good place near the Watertower. My cousin always wanted DD from a particular place, but I can't recall the name. Haven't been to Chicago in a few years though.

On another note, had some fantastic pizza up in Vancouver last time I was up there visiting a client. Was surprised how good it was. A little on the artsy side, but still awesome. The chicks were hot too.

Comment

• Made some pasta with the leftover lamb from Sunday. Just some orecchiette with chopped lamb sauteed in butter & olive oil, a bit of garlic + parm and S&P. Not bad tho I did slightly overcook the lamb so it was less crunchy and just a bit dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                      AH-HAAAA!

Told you YJ... tourist pizza. All the way from the Arctic Circle.
                                      Hey man, I can't help it if they named a pizza after the city.... Did tourist do that lol...

But you really shouldn't say Chicago style pizza, and not expect folks to think bread loaf + sauce and cheese...

Comment

Hey man, I can't help it if they named a pizza after the city.... Did tourist do that lol...

But you really shouldn't say Chicago style pizza, and not expect folks to think bread loaf + sauce and cheese...
                                        You are 100% correct on this. Crus can't try to claim regular pizza as Chicago pizza.

That's just f*cking pizza.

Edit: Also I dig "tourist" pizza. I mean, its not pizza, but its like the best parts of a great casserole and none of the lame stuff.
                                        Last edited by greyhammer90; 04-14-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                          You are 100% correct on this. Crus can't try to claim regular pizza as Chicago pizza.

That's just f*cking pizza.

Edit: Also I dig "tourist" pizza. I mean, its not pizza, but its like the best parts of a great casserole and none of the lame stuff.
                                          Yup. If that pic is Chicago pizza, it's also Atlanta, Naples, and Indy pizza too lol... Heck, even Bratislava pizza sans the corn.... WTF are those Slovakian people thinking putting corn on a pizza anyway.

I dig the tourist pizza too every once in a while. A good DD with crispy edges and the right sauce can be awesome.

Comment

• Any Erie, PA folks around? Brooklyn Pizza out of Erie is my favorite by far.

There is a little joint not too far from Cummins called the Asheville General Store. They have damn good pizza along with anything else you might want. Everything is good.

Comment

• Just wait till the Chicago guys see this. You'll see... You'll ALL SEE!

Comment

Just wait till the Chicago guys see this. You'll see... You'll ALL SEE!
                                                I think Chicago guys need to stick to hot dogs (depression sandwiches)... They steal an Easter pie from Italy, add some sauce, and call it "Chicago Style", then try to claim thin and crispy crust pizza too. Greedy greedy greedy.... Shameless.....

By the way, if you've never had Easter pie, google it. You can do it with sausage/pepperoni, or with seafood like shrimp and lobster. Delicious..

Comment

• Air fryer hot wings tomorrow. Wings are prob the best thing out of an air fryer,... at least that I’ve done. Not a huge different between those and standard fried if done right.
                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Last year when we went to Noblesville, my chick's brother ordered a bunch of Aurellio's for dinner. I just looked it up and its in Fishers. I highly recommend that joint for real Southside pie.
                                                    Yes, Aurelioís is the real deal. Although their deep dish is excellent...
                                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                      This is not true.
                                                      You wish it weren't true!

Uno's has great deep dish pizza as does Noble Roman's. We stay away from Noble roman's regular pizza. Giordano's pizza out of Chicago opened a couple of places in Indy. Pretty solid pizza.
                                                      Last edited by Irish#1; 04-15-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Bronzini's was pretty good. Midwest tailored NY style pizza is what I would call it. best pizza in Indy area though is Jockamo's and it isnt even close.

Pizza King's are all hit and miss. Been to probably about 10-15 different ones and I'd say only 3 are legit good on a regular basis.
                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                          Bronzini's was pretty good. Midwest tailored NY style pizza is what I would call it. best pizza in Indy area though is Jockamo's and it isnt even close.

Pizza King's are all hit and miss. Been to probably about 10-15 different ones and I'd say only 3 are legit good on a regular basis.
                                                          I preferred Bazbeaux's to Jockamo's when I was living in Indy. Not sure I ever tried Jockamo's other than once

Comment

• We're talking pizza, come to Schuylkill County and eat some Sweet Sauce (both square and round pies) From places like Centiole's, Pizza Place, and Sweet Pizzz. They're all made with jelly mixed with the tomato sauce.

Those who have eaten, no explanation is necessary. For those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Comment

• Top five pizza toppings???

Comment

Top five pizza toppings???
                                                                pep
                                                                sausage
                                                                onions
                                                                jalapenos
                                                                ban peppers

Comment

pep
                                                                  sausage
                                                                  onions
                                                                  jalapenos
                                                                  ban peppers
                                                                  I know some of the midwestern Polacks here have an uncle who lived in Chicago at some point so it makes them ĎItalian food expertsí but for clarity. There is no wrong answer here, Iím just curious to see how similar we all are. Mine:

Bacon
                                                                  ban pepper
                                                                  artichoke hearts (seriously whoever came up with the idea of putting pickled artichokes on pizza needs the medal of freedom)
                                                                  Pepperoni
                                                                  red onion

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                                    We're talking pizza, come to Schuylkill County and eat some Sweet Sauce (both square and round pies) From places like Centiole's, Pizza Place, and Sweet Pizzz. They're all made with jelly mixed with the tomato sauce.

Those who have eaten, no explanation is necessary. For those who have not, no explanation is possible.
                                                                    Pizza historians claim sweet sauce or Southside Sauce was popularized on Chicago's soutside by adding grape jelly into the sauce in place of sweet grapes southern Italians & Sicilians used in spicy meat dishes. Aurellio's & Gelsosomo's are two joints that have spots in Indiana (possibly franchised). For any of the AZ guys on here, Spinato's is an off shoot of Aurellio's and their antipasta salad is brought to you in a bowl big enough to wash a baby in. God bless them.

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                    Trick question.

Pizza comes with SIX toppings:

1. Italian sausage
                                                                    2. Pepperoni
                                                                    3. Onion
                                                                    4. Green Pepper
                                                                    5. Mushroom
                                                                    6. Black olives

There is a reason EVERY fake freezer section pizza has something called a Supreme, because when Moses came down from the Mount these 6 toppings were listed on the 3rd tablet that he dropped.

Comment

• I find supremes with no mushrooms (trust me),... which is my only full no go I mentioned last night. Just can’t do it, in any context. Olives are fine but I prefer a number of other toppings before them. I’m funny with onion on pizza, thin sliced red onion is a fav but dice it or have huge chunks and it’s suddenly not the same for whatever reason. Pineapple is up there for me too. If given a sixth option it’s a fight between jalapeŮo and pineapple
                                                                      Last edited by ACamp1900; 04-15-2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I know some of the midwestern Polacks here have an uncle who lived in Chicago at some point so it makes them ĎItalian food expertsí but for clarity. There is no wrong answer here, Iím just curious to see how similar we all are. Mine:

Bacon
                                                                        ban pepper
                                                                        artichoke hearts (seriously whoever came up with the idea of putting pickled artichokes on pizza needs the medal of freedom)
                                                                        Pepperoni
                                                                        red onion
                                                                        To gůwno jest płaskie

I'm down with some flatbread that has:
                                                                        pesto
                                                                        balls of Bufala mozzerella
                                                                        fresh basil
                                                                        artichoke
                                                                        sun dried tomatoes
                                                                        red onion
                                                                        garlic cloves

I make these on a stone in my grill with crust made from zucchini.

GREAT... but not pizza.

Comment

Pepperoni
                                                                          Bacon
                                                                          Olives
                                                                          Green peppers and onions (two I know, but gotta have the combined)
                                                                          Sausage

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                                            We're talking pizza, come to Schuylkill County and eat some Sweet Sauce (both square and round pies) From places like Centiole's, Pizza Place, and Sweet Pizzz. They're all made with jelly mixed with the tomato sauce.

Thank God you're here Officer, it was that man right there.

Comment

• Pepperoni
                                                                              Sausage
                                                                              Banana Pepper
                                                                              Mushroom
                                                                              Onion (thin sliced)
                                                                              green bell pepper

I'm also a big fan of the classic tomato, basil, and mozzarella.

Comment

I find supremes with no mushrooms (trust me),... which is my only full no go I mentioned last night. Just canít do it, in any context. Olives are fine but I prefer a number of other toppings before them. Iím funny with onion on pizza, thin sliced red onion is a fav but rice it or have huge chunks and itís suddenly not the same for whatever reason. Pineapple is up there for me too. If given a sixth option itís a fight between jalapeŮo and pineapple
                                                                                I've been bustin you and YJ's ballz. I eat all kinds of sihit on a pie that I make at home. I love Hawaiian style with a light (not so sweet in this case) sauce I make from paste and Costco's Marinara. Then it's

Pineapple
                                                                                Prosciutto
                                                                                finely chopped fresh basil and oregano which we usually have, Italian Seasoning in a pinch
                                                                                a liitle bit of red onion, best if its crisped up in a skillet first.

After it's almost done, add some larger pieces of Arugula and diced Jalapeno or Serrano so they stay crunchy but not cold.

That's good stuff.

Comment

• ...and don't kid yourself, I can eat an entire jar of Guiliano cherry peppers, banana pepper rings or peperoncinis with a pepperoni pizza... or a grilled sammich

Comment

• My wife loves arugula on pizza. I love arugula salads but not so much on pizza,... just me.

Comment

Bacon
                                                                                      ban pepper
                                                                                      Pepperoni
                                                                                      red onion
                                                                                      No Polack or Chitown in my history. Sicilian/S It grandmother across the back ally my early years who made gravy at least once a week. Not an expert, but I'd venture I've eaten more real Italian food than most.

Grew up down the street from this church (pic of the Italian Fest).

Comment

...and don't kid yourself, I can eat an entire jar of Guiliano cherry peppers, banana pepper rings or peperoncinis with a pepperoni pizza... or a grilled sammich
                                                                                        Ban peps are one of my fav deli sandwich toppings too... love em.

Comment

• You know what’s low on my list??? Sausage. I just prefer a bunch of other meats on pizza first. Never been a thing I’ve been too high on.

Comment

...and don't kid yourself, I can eat an entire jar of Guiliano cherry peppers, banana pepper rings or peperoncinis with a pepperoni pizza... or a grilled sammich
                                                                                            Pepperoncinis/friggitello + banana peppers + jalapeno are da bomb combo on a pizza.

Camp putting artichoke and salad on his pizza... nah man....

Comment

Ban peps are one of my fav deli sandwich toppings too... love em.
                                                                                              you like a good Italian beef sandwich with peps mix and onions?

Comment

Hell yeah. In fact I shared a recipe for such some time back. At least one poster tried it and loved it, forget who tho
                                                                                                Last edited by ACamp1900; 04-15-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• I love Jersey Mikes Italian (I know it’s different than what we are talking about but still) mikes way add ban peppers, pepper relish, mayo and double up on the vinegar,... I’m kind of a mad man with sandwiches and burgers too. Bolder the flavors the better.

Comment

Pizza comes with SIX toppings:

1. Italian sausage
                                                                                                    2. Pepperoni
                                                                                                    3. Onion
                                                                                                    4. Green Pepper
                                                                                                    5. Mushroom
                                                                                                    6. Black olives

There is a reason EVERY fake freezer section pizza has something called a Supreme, because when Moses came down from the Mount these 6 toppings were listed on the 3rd tablet that he dropped.
                                                                                                    Bang on IMO. If I was limited to 2 toppings it would likely be pepperoni and mushroom. Thankfully, we have choices!

I like to sprinkle red chili flakes on my pizza so the BP's and jalapeno's are not a must... for me.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

Onions on a beef????

Dammit YJ, just put ketchup on your hot dog right now and get it over with.

Some guy named Rocco is on his way to see you. I think you'll find the trunk of his black Caddy very spacious.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X