Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you eating/cooking?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What are you eating/cooking?

    Much like the 'What are you drinking?" thread but with food... thought it was worth doing as there are peps from all over the US on this board and styles in cooking and food vary... we could prob expand each other's culinary worlds quite a bit... so...

    A thread to post what are you eating/cooking at the moment. If you think it was/will be good or that it's worth sharing drop it down...
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 09-30-2015, 12:37 PM.
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

  • #2
    Last night I made Mexican rice to go with Al Pastor tacos... I marinated a huge pack of Al Pastor meat about three months back, couldn't use all of it, froze about half of it and hit the rest up yesterday, made some homemade guacamole to top if off with...

    very good.
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

    Comment


    • #3
      What is a "pack" of al pastor meat? I've had tacos al pastor and it was pork chunks marinated with pineapple. You can buy that in packs? My local place serves it with this jalapeno guacamole sour cream blended sauce. It's amazing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
        What is a "pack" of al pastor meat? I've had tacos al pastor and it was pork chunks marinated with pineapple. You can buy that in packs? My local place serves it with this jalapeno guacamole sour cream blended sauce. It's amazing.
        Yeah, I can get it in large packs just like Carne Asada meat of a Carnitas roast... off memory the pack I got this particular time was about 3 pounds worth or just under... Al Pastor is one of my Mex go tos for sure...
        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
          Yeah, I can get it in large packs just like Carne Asada meat of a Carnitas roast... off memory the pack I got this particular time was about 3 pounds worth or just under... Al Pastor is one of my Mex go tos for sure...
          By far one of the best things about living in Cali is what you can get at the Mex Markets!
          GO IRISH!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            I love the Mex meat markets that have a small little Taqueria attached... if there is food in heaven, then there are tons of those places up there.
            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

            Comment


            • #7
              I cook anything I can put salsa and guacamole on

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                I love the Mex meat markets that have a small little Taqueria attached... if there is food in heaven, then there are tons of those places up there.
                Amen to this, love going shopping there and picking up lunch while I'm at it!
                GO IRISH!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                  I love the Mex meat markets that have a small little Taqueria attached... if there is food in heaven, then there are tons of those places up there.
                  Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                  Amen to this, love going shopping there and picking up lunch while I'm at it!
                  First thing, we gotta build a wall. It's gonna be a great wall, it's gonna be yuge.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                    First thing, we gotta build a wall. It's gonna be a great wall, it's gonna be yuge.
                    the ones that work in the mex markets can stay

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                      the ones that work in the mex markets can stay
                      My wife, NDinLA and ShakeDown can get the hell out...
                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                        My wife, NDinLA and ShakeDown can get the hell out...
                        Add mine to the list too!
                        GO IRISH!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          O/U 5 Pages before there is a Irish Envy Cook Book on Google Docs?
                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Boss just told us she's buying lunch for the whole office, where ever we each want... I took her up on some Carne Asada fries from the local mex spot...

                            it just got real.
                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                              Boss just told us she's buying lunch for the whole office, where ever we each want... I took her up on some Carne Asada fries from the local mex spot...

                              it just got real.
                              First one to the restroom wins the offic5

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                The others here are all trendy dieter chicks who hate flavor and or calories and will pay extra to eat shit food just so they can talk to each other about how great they are with their food choices and such... so they all chose Panera Bread.
                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                  The others here are all trendy dieter chicks who hate flavor and or calories and will pay extra to eat shit food just so they can talk to each other about how great they are with their food choices and such... so they all chose Panera Bread.
                                  Panera is the Devil. I hate that place.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                    Yeah, I can get it in large packs just like Carne Asada meat of a Carnitas roast... off memory the pack I got this particular time was about 3 pounds worth or just under... Al Pastor is one of my Mex go tos for sure...
                                    Didn't he use to play for the '61 Dodgers?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                      Last night I made Mexican rice to go with Al Pastor tacos... I marinated a huge pack of Al Pastor meat about three months back, couldn't use all of it, froze about half of it and hit the rest up yesterday, made some homemade guacamole to top if off with...

                                      very good.
                                      Why are you eating your Pastor Al? You sick cannibal.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Since one of my boys has soccer practice tonight, I will not have time to cook a real dinner. So I have a chuck roast in the crockpot with a can of green chilies, cholula, some beef broth, and assorted spices including Mexican oregano. I love Mexican Oregano. Will shred it after practice and throw it in a tortilla with some beans, rice, cheese, and sour cream. Not really authentic but it will work.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Made a good pasta dish last night… Penne noodles… cooked some Italian sausage crumbled up with garlic and crushed red… added a cup of whipping cream when it was cooked, then added a bunch of fresh parm and moz… added the noodles and mixed it all together… very good.
                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                            Made a good pasta dish last night… Penne noodles… cooked some Italian sausage crumbled up with garlic and crushed red… added a cup of whipping cream when it was cooked, then added a bunch of fresh parm and moz… added the noodles and mixed it all together… very good.
                                            There's a cardiologist out there with the GPS coordinates of your house.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                              There's a cardiologist out there with the GPS coordinates of your house.
                                              What's your speed dial # for 911, ACamp?

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
                                                Panera is the Devil. I hate that place.
                                                Last time I went there, I ordered one of those half sand half salad meals. Both were inedible. I can see why people go there for dieting, you can't eat the food.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Made a kale smoothie for lunch today. Tonight I had The Hat pastrami chili cheese fries. Gotta have balance. lol

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                    Made a good pasta dish last night… Penne noodles… cooked some Italian sausage crumbled up with garlic and crushed red… added a cup of whipping cream when it was cooked, then added a bunch of fresh parm and moz… added the noodles and mixed it all together… very good.
                                                    I have a similar recipe, but add onion and tomatoes to it.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Tonight I made Nachos for the boys since the wife will be home late. Used the leftover shredded beef, some black beans, and made a homemade cheese sauce and threw some sour cream on top.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
                                                        Tonight I made Nachos for the boys since the wife will be home late. Used the leftover shredded beef, some black beans, and made a homemade cheese sauce and threw some sour cream on top.
                                                        Green chile queso? Yum.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                          Green chile queso? Yum.
                                                          Nothing like some butter, flour, milk, 1 block of freshly grated sharp cheddar, and a can of green chilies.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
                                                            Nothing like some butter, flour, milk, 1 block of freshly grated sharp cheddar, and a can of green chilies.
                                                            Hell no! I'm hard pressed to find a better queso down here in a town that prides itself on having fantastic queso everywhere.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                              Made a good pasta dish last night… Penne noodles… cooked some Italian sausage crumbled up with garlic and crushed red… added a cup of whipping cream when it was cooked, then added a bunch of fresh parm and moz… added the noodles and mixed it all together… very good.
                                                              Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                              There's a cardiologist out there with the GPS coordinates of your house.
                                                              Originally posted by dshans View Post
                                                              What's your speed dial # for 911, ACamp?

                                                              I make basically the same thing. Screw the haters, it's fantastic.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Kinda sounds like mostaccioli. What's the difference?

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                  Kinda sounds like mostaccioli. What's the difference?
                                                                  No tomatoes. Tomatoes are sick.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by Jackalope1977 View Post
                                                                    I make basically the same thing. Screw the haters, it's fantastic.
                                                                    I'm with you guys on that pasta dish.

                                                                    Next time instead of the whipping cream, try mascarpone cheese, butter, lemon, and capers. Blend into the same consistency as gravy. You will LOVE it! Oh yeah, throw some mushrooms with the italian sausage....
                                                                    The only time you fail is if you are too afraid or lazy to try.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by Section20Row27 View Post
                                                                      I'm with you guys on that pasta dish.

                                                                      Next time instead of the whipping cream, try mascarpone cheese, butter, lemon, and capers. Blend into the same consistency as gravy. You will LOVE it! Oh yeah, throw some mushrooms with the italian sausage....
                                                                      Oh my god yes... I do the mushrooms already but the lemon and capers sound fantastic. Gotta say I'm not sure about mascarpone, thought it was a dessert thing. Thank you.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by Jackalope1977 View Post
                                                                        Oh my god yes... I do the mushrooms already but the lemon and capers sound fantastic. Gotta say I'm not sure about mascarpone, thought it was a dessert thing. Thank you.
                                                                        Try the masarpone - great for sauces. I've even used it in stuffed shells and lasagna...
                                                                        The only time you fail is if you are too afraid or lazy to try.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Last night I took the wife to a very high end Mexican spot ( we usually prefer the mom n pop hole in the walls) and I had fish tacos... Honestly maybe the best fish tacos I've ever had, they made them with sea bass... Who knew? Absolutely my new go to for fish tacos.

                                                                          Today I'm making a chili for cfb Saturday, also making a large batch of mixed greens (mustard, turnip and collard) cooked in salt pork onions and crushed red with some apple cider vinegar...
                                                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                            Last night I took the wife to a very high end Mexican spot ( we usually prefer the mom n pop hole in the walls) and I had fish tacos... Honestly maybe the best fish tacos I've ever had, they made them with sea bass... Who knew? Absolutely my new go to for fish tacos.

                                                                            Today I'm making a chili for cfb Saturday, also making a large batch of mixed greens (mustard, turnip and collard) cooked in salt pork onions and crushed red with some apple cider vinegar...
                                                                            Those mixed greens sound wonderful.

                                                                            Last night I made one of my kids' favorite pastas. I chop up a ham steak, and pan fry it in butter, then I mix in peas, heavy whipping cream, and grated Parmesan and cook it till it thickens some (or you can just add a little flour before the cream if you are in a hurry). After cooking some shell pasta, I mix it into the sauce. I can usually make the dish in less then 20 minutes so it is nice for when I don't have a lot of time.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
                                                                              Those mixed greens sound wonderful.

                                                                              Last night I made one of my kids' favorite pastas. I chop up a ham steak, and pan fry it in butter, then I mix in peas, heavy whipping cream, and grated Parmesan and cook it till it thickens some (or you can just add a little flour before the cream if you are in a hurry). After cooking some shell pasta, I mix it into the sauce. I can usually make the dish in less then 20 minutes so it is nice for when I don't have a lot of time.
                                                                              I'm def trying that... Sounds great
                                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Pork chops in a mango habanero salsa marinade. Best marinade I have ever used. I usually cook it with chicken cutlets but trying it with pork this time.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                  Didn't he use to play for the '61 Dodgers?


                                                                                  Al's Italian cousin.
                                                                                  Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Just found out yesterday my con has celiac disease. That's gonna be a life changer. Feel horrible for him

                                                                                    Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Brisket chili today.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by loomis41973 View Post
                                                                                        Brisket chili today.
                                                                                        That sounds soooo good.

                                                                                        Smoking a few fatties in a bit. One pizza and one with some veggies and bbq sauce in it.
                                                                                        #TeamKizer

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by loomis41973 View Post
                                                                                          Brisket chili today.
                                                                                          London broil and ground beef in mine. Corn, ten jalapenos, onions, celery, pinto beans, and kidney beans.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Going to eat unlimited steak and shrimp at Outback in a few minutes. Don't feel like cooking today.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Fatties are in the freezer to firm for a second. Charcoal is in the chimney getting ready. These should be done just prior to kickoff.
                                                                                              #TeamKizer

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Hooters! Game time! GO IRISH!

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Smoking these is turning in to a fucking nightmare. It took me an hour to get them made. Now with the weather I can't get the PBC over 200. They won't be done till halftime. Which is fine but I don't want to be interrupted to check them during the game.
                                                                                                  #TeamKizer

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Andy's Tailgate Test Kitchen: The Crack Dip Challenge

                                                                                                    ACamp the Mexican Crack dip looks right up your alley.

                                                                                                    Crack Dip

                                                                                                    Ingredients:

                                                                                                    1 pound breakfast sausage
                                                                                                    2 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese
                                                                                                    1 10-ounce can of Ro-Tel, drained
                                                                                                    1 10-ounce can of Mexicorn, drained

                                                                                                    Directions:

                                                                                                    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

                                                                                                    2. Cook breakfast sausage in a pan and drain.

                                                                                                    3. Mix breakfast sausage, Ro-Tel and Mexicorn in an oven-safe bowl.

                                                                                                    4. Place cream cheese blocks on top of sausage/Ro-Tel/Mexicorn mix in bowl

                                                                                                    5. Bake 15 minutes, then remove and stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Cook for 15 more minutes.

                                                                                                    6. Eat!

                                                                                                    Mexican Crack Dip

                                                                                                    Ingredients:

                                                                                                    1 pound cooked chorizo sausage
                                                                                                    2 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese
                                                                                                    1 cup Mexican cheese blend
                                                                                                    10 ounces jalapeno salsa
                                                                                                    1 10-ounce can of Mexicorn, drained

                                                                                                    Directions:

                                                                                                    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

                                                                                                    2. Brown chorizo in a pan and drain.

                                                                                                    3. Mix chorizo, Mexican cheese blend, jalapeno salsa and Mexicorn in an oven-safe bowl.

                                                                                                    4. Place cream cheese blocks on top of chorizo/cheese blend/salsa/Mexicorn mix in bowl.

                                                                                                    5. Bake 15 minutes, then remove and stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Cook for 15 more minutes.

                                                                                                    6. Eat!

                                                                                                    Southern Crack Dip

                                                                                                    Ingredients:

                                                                                                    1 pound cooked pulled pork, either chopped or shredded more finely
                                                                                                    8 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
                                                                                                    2 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese
                                                                                                    10 ounces peach salsa
                                                                                                    1 10-ounce can of Mexicorn, drained

                                                                                                    Directions:

                                                                                                    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

                                                                                                    2. Mix pork, bacon, peach salsa and Mexicorn in an oven-safe bowl.

                                                                                                    3. Place cream cheese blocks on top of pork/bacon/peach salsa/Mexicorn mix in bowl.

                                                                                                    4. Bake 15 minutes, then remove and stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Cook for 15 more minutes.

                                                                                                    5. Eat!

                                                                                                    Southwest Crack Dip

                                                                                                    Ingredients:

                                                                                                    1 pound cooked beef brisket
                                                                                                    10 ounces black bean salsa
                                                                                                    2 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese
                                                                                                    8 ounces chipotle cheddar jack cheese
                                                                                                    1 10-ounce can of Mexicorn, drained
                                                                                                    Hot sauce to taste

                                                                                                    Directions:

                                                                                                    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

                                                                                                    2. Mix brisket, salsa, chipotle cheddar jack and Mexicorn in an oven-safe bowl.

                                                                                                    3. Place cream cheese blocks on top of brisket/salsa/chipotle cheddar jack/Mexicorn mix in bowl.

                                                                                                    4. Sprinkle hot sauce liberally. Use more than you would think, because the cream cheese will cut the spice.

                                                                                                    5. Bake 15 minutes, then remove and stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Cook for 15 more minutes.

                                                                                                    6. Eat!
                                                                                                    Last edited by pkt77242; 10-03-2015, 07:05 PM.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X