Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projects/Home Improvement Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dshans View Post
    How old is your house? You live in the Uptown area, no? I assume that it's been around for a while, so I wouldn't worry. As has been said put insulation on the hot water pipes in the basement and shut off and drain any spigots on the exterior.

    I lived for 32 years in Mpls in a house built in 1913. As long as your house (including the basement) remains above freezing all should be fine. If for some reason you expect interior temps below freezing open all faucets to allow water to dribble. Water in motion is less likely to freeze.

    Trust the folks who built the place. They were well aware of the temperature extremes and acted accordingly.
    There's the resident expert. Built in 1908, and the previous owner said the pipes froze once in the past 7 years so not to worry, but I really don't ever want to deal with that, or worse and they break. I'm going to try to find every exposed pipe I can this weekend. Yes its about .5 miles from uptown, technically in Lyn Lake.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
      Open the cabinet below the sink. You should see 2 water lines that come thru the floor all the way up to the bottom of the faucet. If so then they run thru the floor not the wall. However, that doesn't mean they don't run thru the exterior wall to get to that level. If you go in to your basement you can see where your water meter is. That's your incoming water. Follow the pipes. If they don't run to the 4 exterior walls, then they don't go up the walls.
      You need to follow the hot water line coming out of the water heater. Since you have a vanity on an outside wall you more than likely have a cold and hot water line coming up the exterior wall. The only way to insulate water lines on outside walls is to open up the wall which can be expensive unless you feel like doing a lot of drywall work yourself.

      Welcome to the world of homeowners!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by koonja View Post
        So here's a dumb question, how do I know if plumbing pipes run on the outside walls? I have one bathroom upstairs where it's the last room on the floor, and the vanity is against the last wall. So I assume I have pluming there on the outside wall.
        Don't forget heating pipes. If you have radiators or hydronic baseboard heaters, those can freeze too. I need to keep my house at 55 overnight or when I travel in the winter to keep my heating pipes from freezing.

        Comment


        • Additional thoughts: your mention of a crawl space got me wondering. Is the crawl space under a bump-out or addition? Does the space above the crawl space have a sink, shower/bath or commode?

          Some of the houses near mine had extra space added in the back that acted as an entry and pantry for the kitchen. The space was not part of the original footprint and were above a crawl space, not a basement. They were not plumbed. Until, that is, one neighbor decided to use the pantry space to wedge in a quarter bath. The pipes froze (but did not burst) the first winter. I wish I remembered her solution. It might have been additional insulation on the pipes, heat tape on the pipes, a small fan to draw warmer basement air into the space or some combination of the three.

          Good luck.

          Comment


          • Dshans - The crawl space is directly below a master bedroom on the 1st floor, so there is a shower/vanity/toilet above the crawl space.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
              You need to follow the hot water line coming out of the water heater. Since you have a vanity on an outside wall you more than likely have a cold and hot water line coming up the exterior wall. The only way to insulate water lines on outside walls is to open up the wall which can be expensive unless you feel like doing a lot of drywall work yourself.

              Welcome to the world of homeowners!
              For his sake, hopefully the lines to that bathroom run thru interior walls to the 2nd level than thru the floor to the vanity.
              Originally posted by koonja View Post
              Dshans - The crawl space is directly below a master bedroom on the 1st floor, so there is a shower/vanity/toilet above the crawl space.
              The question is how is the crawl space linked to the basement. Is it linked in a way to expect it to have the same temp as the basement? Or is it completely closed off minus a small entry hole. Is it dirt floor or concrete?
              #TeamKizer

              Comment


              • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                Dshans - The crawl space is directly below a master bedroom on the 1st floor, so there is a shower/vanity/toilet above the crawl space.
                You need to man up, get inside that crawl space and take a good look. Take some pics and share. That way we know what you're up against.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                  For his sake, hopefully the lines to that bathroom run thru interior walls to the 2nd level than thru the floor to the vanity.

                  The question is how is the crawl space linked to the basement. Is it linked in a way to expect it to have the same temp as the basement? Or is it completely closed off minus a small entry hole. Is it dirt floor or concrete?
                  So there's the basement, then a white door that I don't want to enter. It's a normal sized door, and that leads to the crawl space. The door doesn't even shut all of the way, it has about 2" of opening when 'closed'. Just mentioning to give an idea of how 'connected' it is to the normal basement.

                  Going in that crawl space is scary. IDK if I can do it. I'm very jumpy and afraid to death of rats/spiders/snakes(even though I know they're not in there).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                    So there's the basement, then a white door that I don't want to enter. It's a normal sized door, and that leads to the crawl space. The door doesn't even shut all of the way, it has about 2" of opening when 'closed'. Just mentioning to give an idea of how 'connected' it is to the normal basement.

                    Going in that crawl space is scary. IDK if I can do it. I'm very jumpy and afraid to death of rats/spiders/snakes(even though I know they're not in there).
                    Your home is like 115 years old. Pretend your treasure hunting. There may be some good shit in there. Or decayed bodies.
                    #TeamKizer

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                      Your home is like 115 years old. Pretend your treasure hunting. There may be some good shit in there like decayed bodies.
                      FIFY

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                        So there's the basement, then a white door that I don't want to enter. It's a normal sized door, and that leads to the crawl space. The door doesn't even shut all of the way, it has about 2" of opening when 'closed'. Just mentioning to give an idea of how 'connected' it is to the normal basement.

                        Going in that crawl space is scary. IDK if I can do it. I'm very jumpy and afraid to death of rats/spiders/snakes(even though I know they're not in there).
                        Do you have a boyfriend or husband who can do it? (I'm assuming you're a woman, sorry if that's not the case, just never heard a man talk like that).
                        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                          Do you have a boyfriend or husband who can do it? (I'm assuming you're a woman, sorry if that's not the case, just never heard a man talk like that).
                          Very funny. If I was in the mood for a joke I'd follow you to the bathroom and watch you take a leak.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                            Very funny. If I was in the mood for a joke I'd follow you to the bathroom and watch you take a leak.

                            Comment


                            • Had my wooden privacy fence in my back yard damaged (and when I say damaged I mean blew over 80 feet of fence down and snapped all the posts) by a wind storm that blew through So Cal a couple of weeks ago.

                              So as I'm talking with my neighbor about replacing said fence he decides to tell me that he is leaving on that Saturday and could basically care less what I do, he is not going to help with the cost what so ever. I can understand where he is coming from being upside down on his property but hell talk about some bad luck for me!

                              So I have looked into numerous different options for replacing this fence. I have looked at vinyl, wood, and brick/stone options and also looked at the different costs for labor and parts. Also have looked at doing it myself and what permits are need for the great state of California. I won't even mention the great HOA I have to deal with and how much help I am not getting from them.

                              Just wondering what your thoughts or way ahead I should take with this. Thanks guys!
                              Last edited by bkess8; 09-22-2015, 02:06 PM.
                              GO IRISH!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                Very funny. If I was in the mood for a joke I'd follow you to the bathroom and watch you take a leak.
                                I thought you were a stall guy anyway.
                                "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                  So there's the basement, then a white door that I don't want to enter. It's a normal sized door, and that leads to the crawl space. The door doesn't even shut all of the way, it has about 2" of opening when 'closed'. Just mentioning to give an idea of how 'connected' it is to the normal basement.

                                  Going in that crawl space is scary. IDK if I can do it. I'm very jumpy and afraid to death of rats/spiders/snakes(even though I know they're not in there).
                                  I'll be 63 tomorrow and I go into my crawl space once a year just to make sure everything is fine. What are you, some kind of a Nancy boy? Put on a pair of old jeans, grab a flashlight and do it. Once you're under there, you'll find it's not nearly as intimidating as you thought it was.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                                    Had my wooden privacy fence in my back yard damaged (and when I say damaged I mean blew over 80 feet of fence down and snapped all the posts) by a wind storm that blew through So Cal a couple of weeks ago.

                                    So as I'm talking with my neighbor about replacing said fence he decides to tell me that he is leaving on that Saturday and could basically care less what I do, he is not going to help with the cost what so ever. I can understand where he is coming from being upside down on his property but hell talk about some bad luck for me!

                                    So I have looked into numerous different options for replacing this fence. I have looked at vinyl, wood, and brick/stone options and also looked at the different costs for labor and parts. Also have looked at doing it myself and what permits are need for the great state of California. I won't even mention the great HOA I have to deal with and how much help I am not getting from them.

                                    Just wondering what your thoughts or way ahead I should take with this. Thanks guys!
                                    Move to Texas?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                      I thought you were a stall guy anyway.
                                      I went to the game this weekend and was so happy that they had the troughs. I hope they never get rid of them. Girly-men like Koon can wait for a stall. The rest of us men can simply not look at other people's weiners.

                                      Go in the crawl space, Koon. Your sissiness has no bounds.
                                      Originally posted by koonja
                                      I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                        FIFY

                                        "You're."

                                        FIFY x 2.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                          I went to the game this weekend and was so happy that they had the troughs. I hope they never get rid of them. Girly-men like Koon can wait for a stall. The rest of us men can simply not look at other people's weiners.

                                          Go in the crawl space, Koon. Your sissiness has no bounds.
                                          IDC how many jokes I get, traughs are awkward and gross. So are crawl spaces but I'll force myself in there. Just trying to get as much info before I do so my time in that hell is productive.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                            IDC how many jokes I get, traughs are awkward and gross. So are crawl spaces but I'll force myself in there. Just trying to get as much info before I do so my time in that hell is productive.

                                            The only time you should be scared of a crawl space is if your neighbor is a fat guy who dresses up like a clown, and a weird smell is coming from his.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                                              Had my wooden privacy fence in my back yard damaged (and when I say damaged I mean blew over 80 feet of fence down and snapped all the posts) by a wind storm that blew through So Cal a couple of weeks ago.

                                              So as I'm talking with my neighbor about replacing said fence he decides to tell me that he is leaving on that Saturday and could basically care less what I do, he is not going to help with the cost what so ever. I can understand where he is coming from being upside down on his property but hell talk about some bad luck for me!

                                              So I have looked into numerous different options for replacing this fence. I have looked at vinyl, wood, and brick/stone options and also looked at the different costs for labor and parts. Also have looked at doing it myself and what permits are need for the great state of California. I won't even mention the great HOA I have to deal with and how much help I am not getting from them.

                                              Just wondering what your thoughts or way ahead I should take with this. Thanks guys!
                                              I'm sure dealing with an HOA won't be fun. But as far as what direction with your fence, for me it would really depend on what the neighborhood is like. Not that you necessarily want to copy any of the neighbors, but you don't want to be the odd one out either.
                                              #TeamKizer

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                I'm sure dealing with an HOA won't be fun. But as far as what direction with your fence, for me it would really depend on what the neighborhood is like. Not that you necessarily want to copy any of the neighbors, but you don't want to be the odd one out either.
                                                My HOA like many sucks! I pay $35 a month for them to be a pain in my ass honestly, they provide zero services and we do not have a common area to up keep in my community.

                                                Well all have wooden fences that imo were cost saving fences built by the company who built the community,that is why I am looking into alternatives when it comes to this project. I know I can build a wooden fence but not sure I have the time.
                                                GO IRISH!!!

                                                Comment


                                                • Just fixed the dryer by myself. Didn't kmow what was wrong, but after a complete diagnosis conducted by yours truly, discovered it was the belt switch. Disassembled, fixed, BOOM. I'm out cloud 9. I've been flexing for a half hour.
                                                  Last edited by koonja; 09-23-2015, 05:49 PM.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                    Just fixed the dryer by myself. Didn't kmow what was wrong, but after a complete diagnosis conducted by yours truly, discovered it was the belt switch. Disassembled, flippee, BOOM. I'm out cloud 9. Who wants a piece? I've been flexing for a half hour.
                                                    Good job Koon!

                                                    The Alamo just bought a new home himself...
                                                    It featured a 3 prong dryer outlet...while not an electrician...I did remove and install a new 4 prong outlet so the woman could do the laundry.
                                                    We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                      Just fixed the dryer by myself. Didn't kmow what was wrong, but after a complete diagnosis conducted by yours truly, discovered it was the belt switch. Disassembled, flippee, BOOM. I'm out cloud 9. Who wants a piece? I've been flexing for a half hour.
                                                      Why doesnt this have its own thread.

                                                      Pretty impressive.

                                                      However this isn't a home improvement. And the dryer may be the simplest appliance to repair.
                                                      #TeamKizer

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                        Why doesnt this have its own thread.

                                                        Pretty impressive.

                                                        However this isn't a home improvement. And the dryer may be the simplest appliance to repair.
                                                        Last edited by koonja; 09-23-2015, 06:01 PM.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                          IDC how many jokes I get, traughs are awkward and gross. So are crawl spaces but I'll force myself in there. Just trying to get as much info before I do so my time in that hell is productive.
                                                          So you would rather have horrendous waits at a sporting event than be subjected to peeing around other dudes? It has to be that, as troughs are cleaner than urinals/toilets. That's a fact. Just like you being a sissy of a man is a fact. Universal truths.

                                                          Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                          Just fixed the dryer by myself. Didn't kmow what was wrong, but after a complete diagnosis conducted by yours truly, discovered it was the belt switch. Disassembled, fixed, BOOM. I'm out cloud 9. I've been flexing for a half hour.
                                                          That happened a long time ago at my house. I was away on business and my wife fixed it. True story.
                                                          Originally posted by koonja
                                                          I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                            So you would rather have horrendous waits at a sporting event than be subjected to peeing around other dudes? It has to be that, as troughs are cleaner than urinals/toilets. That's a fact. Just like you being a sissy of a man is a fact. Universal truths.



                                                            That happened a long time ago at my house. I was away on business and my wife fixed it. True story.




                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                              So you would rather have horrendous waits at a sporting event than be subjected to peeing around other dudes? It has to be that, as troughs are cleaner than urinals/toilets. That's a fact. Just like you being a sissy of a man is a fact. Universal truth.

                                                              I dislike troughs because my pants and underwear get wet while laying around my ankles when peeing.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                                I dislike troughs because my pants and underwear get wet while laying around my ankles when peeing.
                                                                Steely:

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Still flexing.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                    Still flexing.
                                                                    I'll send you some Ben-Gay to put on that sore shoulder.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                      I'll send you some Ben-Gay to put on that sore shoulder.
                                                                      He's been that way a long time. How do you think he manages 4 female roommates.
                                                                      #TeamKizer

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Who do you guys rip on when I'm on my seasonal ban?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                          Who do you guys rip on when I'm on my seasonal ban?
                                                                          You of course. We just start with, "If Koon were on here........... or I'll bet Koon...... or reminds me of Koon when he.............".

                                                                          You're loved whether you're on here or not!

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                            You of course. We just start with, "If Koon were on here........... or I'll bet Koon...... or reminds me of Koon when he.............".

                                                                            You're loved whether you're on here or not!
                                                                            I can attest to this. I've hardly posted for months. But I have been around reading updates.
                                                                            We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                              You of course. We just start with, "If Koon were on here........... or I'll bet Koon...... or reminds me of Koon when he.............".

                                                                              You're loved whether you're on here or not!
                                                                              So you guys are the types to spit on my grave after I'm gone. I hope all of your children grow up to be Michigan men. Even the girls.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Does anyone have any experience with a laundry sink basin system. Similar to this:

                                                                                Shop Jackel Pre-Plumbed Laundry-Sink Tray Basin System at Lowes.com

                                                                                I have a laundry sink in the basement that has to be pumped a few feet up in to the drain system to run out. Currently there is a sump pump in the sink. It's completely open and when it fills most the way up it pumps up to the drain system. Problem is at times the water smells putrid. I'm looking for alternate options.
                                                                                #TeamKizer

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                                  Does anyone have any experience with a laundry sink basin system. Similar to this:

                                                                                  Shop Jackel Pre-Plumbed Laundry-Sink Tray Basin System at Lowes.com

                                                                                  I have a laundry sink in the basement that has to be pumped a few feet up in to the drain system to run out. Currently there is a sump pump in the sink. It's completely open and when it fills most the way up it pumps up to the drain system. Problem is at times the water smells putrid. I'm looking for alternate options.
                                                                                  I don't have experience with that particular brand, but we have a few of those types of drain pumps in the manufacturing plant I work at. Great for areas (like eye wash stations or sinks) that need to be in a specific area that is not close to a drain. If it is just water you won't have any issues. If there is too much solids/debris it is recommended to put a strainer in the sink. I know there are sewage ejector pumps designed to handle that, but the float mechanisms, etc tend to get stuck after time.
                                                                                  The only time you fail is if you are too afraid or lazy to try.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                    So you guys are the types to spit on my grave after I'm gone. I hope all of your children grow up to be Michigan men. Even the girls.
                                                                                    Not spit........ dance. And as long as they don't grow up to be nancies that are afraid of pissing in a trough or going into a crawl space.............

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Furnace question.

                                                                                      I can generally work on a furnace or the normal issues or has. Replace the electronic ignition or clean/replace the flame sensor.
                                                                                      At start up it kicks the burners on for about 2 seconds. The shuts down like the typical flame sensor. But I've cleaned it several times and nothing. It's now giving a code of 'Pressure Switch Stuck Open.' Anyone have any experience with this issue?
                                                                                      Last edited by Irish Insanity; 10-08-2015, 04:53 PM.
                                                                                      #TeamKizer

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                        So you guys are the types to spit on my grave after I'm gone. I hope all of your children grow up to be Michigan men. Even the girls.
                                                                                        I used to cheer for Michigan as a kid...when they weren't playing ND. Charles Woodson is still one of my all time favorite players in college and the pros.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                                          Furnace question.

                                                                                          I can generally work on a furnace or the normal issues or has. Replace the electronic ignition or clean/replace the flame sensor.
                                                                                          At start up it kicks the burners on for about 2 seconds. The shuts down like the typical flame sensor. But I've cleaned it several times and nothing. It's now giving a code of 'Pressure Switch Stuck Open.' Anyone have any experience with this issue?
                                                                                          Not quite sure of your brand/model, but I had something similar happen to mine. My unit had a plastic tube going from the switch to where the fan was located - the tube was plugged. cleaned everything out, and it worked. The pressure switch lets the control unit know that the fan is working. Also on some furnaces, the fan motors are capacitor start types. When the capacitor starts getting flaky, you can get all kinds of weird errors. Capacitors are usually $10 to $20. I would check stuff like that first.
                                                                                          The only time you fail is if you are too afraid or lazy to try.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Originally posted by Section20Row27 View Post
                                                                                            Not quite sure of your brand/model, but I had something similar happen to mine. My unit had a plastic tube going from the switch to where the fan was located - the tube was plugged. cleaned everything out, and it worked. The pressure switch lets the control unit know that the fan is working. Also on some furnaces, the fan motors are capacitor start types. When the capacitor starts getting flaky, you can get all kinds of weird errors. Capacitors are usually $10 to $20. I would check stuff like that first.
                                                                                            My furnace is a Goodman brand. I pulled the hose on both ends. It's completely clear. I can hear the switch click as the vacum initially kicks in and then let go after the burners do the initial ignite. The furnace runs properly for 4-7 seconds and then shuts off. Just as if the flame sensor needed cleaned. I leave the tube on the pressure switch and lightly push air in and out and can hear the plunger in the switch opening and closing. So it seems the switch is working. The fan that creates the vacum seems to work as I can see the backside of the motor spinning and can hear it move the plunger in the pressure switch. I'd assume at this point it's something in the electrical portion as everything else works fine. Which means, it's time to call the furnace guy. Sonofabitch.

                                                                                            **EDIT: Also this furnace is an 80% and is only 2 years old**
                                                                                            #TeamKizer

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Let me know if you guys ever need help fixing a dryer. I got that notch on my belt.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                                Let me know if you guys ever need help fixing a dryer. I got that notch on my belt.
                                                                                                A hint in case you ever leave town for a week and your house is vacant. If it's gonna be cold have someone check inside the house daily, and spend a few dollars and put new batteries in your hvac thermostat. It never crossed my mind in the last investment house I did. I left for a week during the winter. The batteries died in the thermostat. Pipes broke in 3 spots in the basement, the toilet tank broke, the shower valve cracked, and one of the bathroom faucet handles blew off. It was a horrible mess to clean up, and water slowly ran thru all these lines in to the house for a few days.
                                                                                                #TeamKizer

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Update.

                                                                                                  I spend some time on line looking at what the inside of the vent motor looked like. Seemed to be nothing special or fragile to worry about. So this time when I removed the line from the pressure switch I blew fairly hard in to the motor. I felt the pop on the other end this time. There apparently was something blocking the other end that my light blowing before didn't detect. I reassembled everything. And it works great.
                                                                                                  #TeamKizer

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                                                    My furnace is a Goodman brand. I pulled the hose on both ends. It's completely clear. I can hear the switch click as the vacum initially kicks in and then let go after the burners do the initial ignite. The furnace runs properly for 4-7 seconds and then shuts off. Just as if the flame sensor needed cleaned. I leave the tube on the pressure switch and lightly push air in and out and can hear the plunger in the switch opening and closing. So it seems the switch is working. The fan that creates the vacum seems to work as I can see the backside of the motor spinning and can hear it move the plunger in the pressure switch. I'd assume at this point it's something in the electrical portion as everything else works fine. Which means, it's time to call the furnace guy. Sonofabitch.

                                                                                                    **EDIT: Also this furnace is an 80% and is only 2 years old**
                                                                                                    If you have a multimeter, turn off power, set multimeter to measure ohms, put test leads on both sides of the switch's electrical connectors, blow into the tube to activate switch, watch for resistance to go from 0 to a reading (or put it on the mode that will make it beep if there is continuity) that will tell you if the switch is bad. Good luck!
                                                                                                    The only time you fail is if you are too afraid or lazy to try.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • I recently gutted my house and I'm just about ready to install floors and cabinets. The cabinet quote, of course, came back higher than I anticipated. I'm considering buying ready to assemble (RTA) cabinets to save a few bucks but I'm worried the loss of quality may not be worth the savings. I generally use cabinets to go for my rental properties but noticed they increased their prices and the quality isn't the best. Has anyone used another company that they'd recommend?

                                                                                                      Flooring has been a pain in the ass too. I know I'm going with hardwood and I'm leaning towards engineered rather than solid b/c I don't want to deal with issues created by expansion and contraction. I'm thinking about buying from Shaw or Johnson - seems like both of them make quality products for the price. Anyone have any experiences with either solid or engineered wood floors or a recommendation regarding the brand?

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X