Jose Aldo pulls out of UFC 189

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Aldo pulls out of UFC 189

What a freaking joke. Over a rib injury.

If the nsac won't clear it, then what can you do?

Instead we'll see Mendes take him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by anarin View Post
      If the nsac won't clear it, then what can you do?

Instead we'll see Mendes take him apart.
      I had read he was cleared. Just a contusion with cartilage damage.

NAC says it's 'highly unlikely' Aldo will be denied medical clearance to fight McGregor - Bloody Elbow
      Last edited by IrishLax; 06-30-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

5th fucking title fight Aldo has pulled out of.

Comment

I love McGregor and feel very confident that he would have dismantled Aldo, with that being said I think he gets a much tougher fight, stylistically in Mendes.
          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

I was really looking forward to this fight... Aldo did this in his first ever title fight and continues to disappoint fans tone and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbar View Post
              I love McGregor and feel very confident that he would have dismantled Aldo, with that being said I think he gets a much tougher fight, stylistically in Mendes.
              Agreed. I'm not sure McGregor would've won, but it would've been an extremely exciting fight that would've ended in a TKO one way or another.

This fight with Mendes means he's facing the best wrestler he's ever stepped in the octagon with, and it means there is both a higher chance of him losing and being a boring fight. He cannot be happy about this.

And I'm sorry, but backing out of a fight of this magnitude over a sore rib is borderline criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                You read that it was unlikely he would be denied. But I read somewhere that he in fact was denied. I really wish I could pull it up, it may have been a tweet? I dunno...

Either way, McGregor was going to lose to Aldo. He's a WWE hype machine, and I'll look forward to Mendes taking him apart.

Comment

You read that it was unlikely he would be denied. But I read somewhere that he in fact was denied. I really wish I could pull it up, it may have been a tweet? I dunno...

Either way, McGregor was going to lose to Aldo. He's a WWE hype machine, and I'll look forward to Mendes taking him apart.
                  I've since researched this more, and this is incorrect. Per everything UFC just said, it was Aldo's call not to fight. He was not denied.

And that quote from the NAC president is from less than 24 hours before Aldo pulled out. He was going to be cleared, he's just a puss about who he fights and when. Scared of getting knocked out... for all the talk, McGregor called this crap from Day 1. He said Aldo would find a way to back out of the fight.

Looks like all it took was a little self-inflicted boo boo on his rib.

Comment

the rib injury comes a week after his drug testing fiasco. C'mon does Dana think the fans are so gullible??? :S
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Dana is obviously fed up with Aldo, hence the fight is now for the interim belt.

Also, hyping this fight aside, if you have ever listened to any of McGregor's interviews it is impossible to say this guy is a "WWF hype machine". He is very confident and very honest when answering questions, he is totally convinced he is the best just like most greats are. There is almost no way Aldo wins this fight:

1. Way too inactive. Fights about once a year.
                      2a. Struggles to make weight because he is inactive.
                      2b. The cut usually causes him to start to gas after 2or 3 rounds.
                      3. He usually fights much smaller guys than himself. Connor is bigger than him, with a reach that I don't know if Aldo has ever faced.
                      4a. Connor owned him mentally. In every way. Period.
                      4b. Proof is in his ducking out.

This dude has called you out, jumped over the fence to do it. Called you an imposter, grabbed your belt, and your ribs are bruised???

I think McGregor is a unique fighter he has the physical athleticism of a George St.Pierre and he is a fighter like Nick Diaz. I think he is too much for Mendes, but like LAX said I think it could become a little boring if he doesn't knock him out before Mendes can get a takedown. I think people will be surprised at how hard it is to take McGregor down and then hold him down.
                      Last edited by Redbar; 07-01-2015, 03:58 AM.

Comment

After McGregor beats Mendes the verbal attack he is going to unleash on Jose will be epic! Anyone want to bet on McGregor vs Mendes straight up for 1Billion Vbucks?

Comment

Dana is obviously fed up with Aldo, hence the fight is now for the interim belt.

Also, hyping this fight aside, if you have ever listened to any of McGregor's interviews it is impossible to say this guy is a "WWF hype machine". He is very confident and very honest when answering questions, he is totally convinced he is the best just like most greats are. There is almost no way Aldo wins this fight:

1. Way too inactive. Fights about once a year.
                          2a. Struggles to make weight because he is inactive.
                          2b. The cut usually causes him to start to gas after 2or 3 rounds.
                          3. He usually fights much smaller guys than himself. Connor is bigger than him, with a reach that I don't know if Aldo has ever faced.
                          4a. Connor owned him mentally. In every way. Period.
                          4b. Proof is in his ducking out.

This dude has called you out, jumped over the fence to do it. Called you an imposter, grabbed your belt, and your ribs are bruised???

I think McGregor is a unique fighter he has the physical athleticism of a George St.Pierre and he is a fighter like Nick Diaz. I think he is too much for Mendes, but like LAX said I think it could become a little boring if he doesn't knock him out before Mendes can get a takedown. I think people will be surprised at how hard it is to take McGregor down and then hold him down.
                          The dude has never lost....

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGIA DOMER View Post
                            After McGregor beats Mendes the verbal attack he is going to unleash on Jose will be epic! Anyone want to bet on McGregor vs Mendes straight up for 1Billion Vbucks?
                            i hope Aldo is ringside lol
                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                              he is 25-1
                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                i hope Aldo is ringside lol
                                Only way he shows up is Dana forces him.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                  he is 25-1
                                  You know what I meant. Never lost in the UFC. Never lost a title bout. He had one loss in 2005.

Comment

He has (25-1) but he's rattled off 18 consecutive wins against the elites of the division. McGregor has beaten a 36 year old (22-11) gate keeper in Dennis Siver. Now he's the top contender? His mouth is the only thing that's gotten him into contention. For a guy that's been submitted by two nobodies in his career he should be a bit more humble when talking to one of the pound for pound best fighters in the world.

Regarding the injury - bruised ribs can be very painful when coughing, sneezing, and breathing. I'm actually kind of shocked that people are casting doubt on Aldo. Dude trains as hard or harder than the next guy. He's the biggest featherweight in UFC, he consistently beats whoever they trot out in front of him, and you can't fight if you can't breath. We all know McGregor would have been targeting Aldo's ribs (we've seen TKO's delivered by body shots in MMA). Why would Aldo risk his belt for somebody with strong kicks when he is vulnerable. I want to see 100% Aldo vs. 100% McGregor (if he can even beat Mendes). Mendes will undoubtedly be McGregor's toughest challenge to date, by a wide margin. This should have been the match up McGregor was given from the beginning.

Comment

I love Conor, but are you serious with this post? Any type of rib injury is extremely painful; he probably would have been TKO'd with the first shot to the ribs.

The only reason he was staying in was a massive pay day, but if you simply cant go, you cant go.

I think Mendes is a much more intriguing matchup, and unfortunately, I think Chad has the wrestling skills to make it a long night for Conor.

Comment

Easy money, I'll take that bet

Comment

NICE

Easy money, I'll take that bet
                                          I will take 4 more people up on that if anyone wants?

Comment

I will take 4 more people up on that if anyone wants?
                                            I'll bet you the 4 myself

Comment

Originally posted by drake29 View Post
                                              He has (25-1) but he's rattled off 18 consecutive wins against the elites of the division. McGregor has beaten a 36 year old (22-11) gate keeper in Dennis Siver. Now he's the top contender? His mouth is the only thing that's gotten him into contention. For a guy that's been submitted by two nobodies in his career he should be a bit more humble when talking to one of the pound for pound best fighters in the world.
                                              There are a lot of other fighters and people in the industry that think McGregor is a complete fraud. I, personally, like the way he fights and think he can compete with any striker in the weight class.

The more I've thought about it, I do think he's a horrible matchup for Mendes and will likely lose.

Regarding the injury - bruised ribs can be very painful when coughing, sneezing, and breathing. I'm actually kind of shocked that people are casting doubt on Aldo. Dude trains as hard or harder than the next guy. He's the biggest featherweight in UFC, he consistently beats whoever they trot out in front of him, and you can't fight if you can't breath. We all know McGregor would have been targeting Aldo's ribs (we've seen TKO's delivered by body shots in MMA). Why would Aldo risk his belt for somebody with strong kicks when he is vulnerable. I want to see 100% Aldo vs. 100% McGregor (if he can even beat Mendes). Mendes will undoubtedly be McGregor's toughest challenge to date, by a wide margin. This should have been the match up McGregor was given from the beginning.
                                              See, the thing is, this isn't an isolated incident. McGregor called this from day 1... and this is the 5th title fight Aldo has pulled out of.

Bruised ribs hurt. But almost every fighter has the equivalent of "bruised ribs" after Round 1. AND the injury occurred almost 20 days out from the fight. AND people have fought through similar injuries before. AND it suspiciously happened about a week after his drug testing fiasco. AND you see NFL players play with BROKEN ribs all the time.

And, most of all, you either have to be a complete idiot OR intentionally getting hurt OR faking the injury entirely to hurt your ribs in a sparing session. I don't think Aldo is a complete idiot, so what does that leave? It's not like a torn ligament which can happen from random occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenDomer View Post
                                                I'll bet you the 4 myself
                                                Done deal!

Comment

Styles make fights and Aldo's past performances against mostly smallish wrestlers is not predictive of how he would fare against a bigger, longer, as explosive McGregor. Plus the things I listed above. Plus Vegas figured it out.

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                  See, the thing is, this isn't an isolated incident. McGregor called this from day 1... and this is the 5th title fight Aldo has pulled out of.

Bruised ribs hurt. But almost every fighter has the equivalent of "bruised ribs" after Round 1. AND the injury occurred almost 20 days out from the fight. AND people have fought through similar injuries before. AND it suspiciously happened about a week after his drug testing fiasco. AND you see NFL players play with BROKEN ribs all the time.

And, most of all, you either have to be a complete idiot OR intentionally getting hurt OR faking the injury entirely to hurt your ribs in a sparing session. I don't think Aldo is a complete idiot, so what does that leave? It's not like a torn ligament which can happen from random occurrence.
                                                  Was talking with an MMA fanatic earlier, and have not been able to verify his theories yet, but he says this is the sixth time Aldo has withdrawn a main event fight, and it is always when he is fighting in a place where the commissions are "diligent". He thinks those withdrawals and this one have a lot more to do with the drug testing confusion and subsequent results from a week or so ago, than they do with a rib injury.

Comment

Styles make fights and Aldo's past performances against mostly smallish wrestlers is not predictive of how he would fare against a bigger, longer, as explosive McGregor. Plus the things I listed above. Plus Vegas figured it out.

Was talking with an MMA fanatic earlier, and have not been able to verify his theories yet, but he says this is the sixth time Aldo has withdrawn a main event fight, and it is always when he is fighting in a place where the commissions are "diligent". He thinks those withdrawals and this one have a lot more to do with the drug testing confusion and subsequent results from a week or so ago, than they do with a rib injury.
                                                    Most definitely this is the case. Not sure if Dana and co. are in on it, but I have the feeling Aldo is on drugs, was found out and this is all a big cover up
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

bump for my fellas that owe me vbucks

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                      Working...
                                                      X