ISIS: a blight on humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISIS: a blight on humanity

The beheadings and burning alive of prisoners and now the desecration of ancient historical sites. These guys are just fucking monsters.

ISIS bulldozes ruins of ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud, Iraqi ministry says - CNN.com

The taliban did the same thing in Afganistan.
    This clusterfvck is a 1300 year old civil war between the Sunni and the Shia. We have to stay out or only get involved as a member of the United Nations which would include ACTIVE support of all the mid-East states. So far the Sunni states are supporting isis, including Turkey who could stop them in minutes if they so wished.
    Any intervention on our part will cost hundreds of billions of dollars and hundreds or thousands of young American lives with ten times the casualties and piss-off most of the Muslim world. In the end nothing will have changed or have been accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by irish1958 View Post
      The taliban did the same thing in Afganistan.
      This clusterfvck is a 1300 year old civil war between the Sunni and the Shia. We have to stay out or only get involved as a member of the United Nations which would include ACTIVE support of all the mid-East states. So far the Sunni states are supporting isis, including Turkey who could stop them in minutes if they so wished.
      Any intervention on our part will cost hundreds of billions of dollars and hundreds or thousands of young American lives with ten times the casualties and piss-off most of the Muslim world. In the end nothing will have changed or have been accomplished.
      I agree with everything you said. Just pointing out how absolutely dispicable they are.

Comment

Comment

Cardinal Dolan: ISIS is Muslim like the IRA was Catholic | Crux

Sorry, Archbishop. Dead wrong.
          "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by nsisk157 View Post
            You don't think Isis is perverting Islam, or you don't think the IRA perverted Catholicism?

Comment

Originally posted by kmoose View Post
              You don't think Isis is perverting Islam, or you don't think the IRA perverted Catholicism?
              If you want to reduce the Irish struggle to that sentence, then i won't disagree. But, to think is can be reduced to something that simplistic is naive.
              "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by nsisk157 View Post
                If you want to reduce the Irish struggle to that sentence, then i won't disagree. But, to think is can be reduced to something that simplistic is naive.
                It's not about "reducing the Irish struggle" to anything. It was merely an observation, originally made by the Pope I think, that Isis is no more a good representative of Islam than the IRA was a good representative of Catholicism. I don't see what's wrong with that statement. He's only trying to help reduce any backlash against Muslims, simply because they are Muslims and Isis claims to represent Islam.

Comment

The IRA statement sounds right. It doesn't say that Ireland shouldn't be independent, and it doesn't say that Sunnis shouldn't have a state in the region. It's just saying that they are both violent groups that do not follow the true spirit of their religion.

Comment

I'll bow out now..rather not. I get the point, but just...ahhh f it

Comment

an ill advised, poorly timed remark for this years Grand Marshall of the NYC St Pattys Day parade to make IMO

Comment

He should have said:
                        "ISIS is Muslim like the RUC was Protestant"

Comment

Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
                          ... the NYC St Pattys Day parade...
                          Not to burst any impenetrable bubbles and to bring things to an important reality: it's "PADDY," not "PATTY!"

This is an area of "common usage" where I will not bend. I sure as hell won't break!

Comment

Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
                            He should have said:
                            "ISIS is Muslim like the RUC was Protestant"
                            I think this is the truer statement and what nsisk157 was talking about.
                            Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoose View Post
                              I was unaware that the IRA wanted to institute strict Catholic Canon Law in Ulster, the county the British stole from them. That, of course, raises the question: if you steal something from someone, how long is it until it is yours?

Comment

We should negotiate with ISIS.
                                The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                  We should negotiate with ISIS.
                                  Buster and Donnie would approve. No italics.
                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                    Buster and Donnie would approve. No italics.
                                    Clearly,...
                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post

LOL
                                        LOL. even my wife can't stop laughing

Comment

LMFAO
                                          Must be a political, not religious thing.
                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post

LOL

Well Done
                                            One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/g...sis#.goGYRovpJ

Crazy article. It's an interview with an American currently fighting for ISIS, and an interview with her family still in the states. The cognitive dissonance displayed by Hoda is astounding. She in one breath encourages people in the United States to "wake up" and "go on drive-bys and spill all their blood" ... but then is not willing to disclose her last name because she fears for the safety of her family in the United States.

HEY EVERYONE! SOW TERROR AND DISCORD! MURDER INDISCRIMINATELY! Oh... but like... you know... skip that house because that's my family... BUT KILL ALL THE OTHER FAMILIES! PRAISE ALLAH!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Crazy article. It's an interview with an American currently fighting for ISIS, and an interview with her family still in the states. The cognitive dissonance displayed by Hoda is astounding. She in one breath encourages people in the United States to "wake up" and "go on drive-bys and spill all their blood" ... but then is not willing to disclose her last name because she fears for the safety of her family in the United States.

HEY EVERYONE! SOW TERROR AND DISCORD! MURDER INDISCRIMINATELY! Oh... but like... you know... skip that house because that's my family... BUT KILL ALL THE OTHER FAMILIES! PRAISE ALLAH!
                                                "My husband allows me to say only DEATH TO AMERICA!"
                                                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Except we know who she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                    Except we know who she is.
                                                    I assume she's more worried about her former neighbors in Alabama than the US government.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                    Working...
                                                    X