Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
    We can beat Ohio State in the semifinal. Then we pray for some fluke Clemson shit.
    Yep. The deeper we go without playing Bama the better our odds that something wacky happens to narrow the gap: They get bored/their assistant coaches start interviewing for their future jobs/Tua turns his ankle walking on the Heisman stage/etc.

    Funnier than you in 2012.

    Comment


    • Anyone watching Gameday? Corso sounds blitzed or badly hungover and still feeling it from last night. Dude is slurring and I even heard a belch on air during Hawaii and BYU breakdown. F’n hog
      Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by irishnd31 View Post
        Anyone watching Gameday? Corso sounds blitzed or badly hungover and still feeling it from last night. Dude is slurring and I even heard a belch on air during Hawaii and BYU breakdown. Fín hog
        He's just getting old. He's been getting worse over the last couple years, but pretty sure it started with the stroke about 9 years ago. Herb is his helper.
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

        Comment


        • Originally posted by irishnd31 View Post
          Anyone watching Gameday? Corso sounds blitzed or badly hungover and still feeling it from last night. Dude is slurring and I even heard a belch on air during Hawaii and BYU breakdown. Fín hog
          He's old and has had a stroke, pretty amazing how good he does actually.

          Comment


          • So the open mic belch is because of a stroke? Gotcha.
            Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
              He's just getting old. He's been getting worse over the last couple years, but pretty sure it started with the stroke about 9 years ago. Herb is his helper.
              Herb should be getting paid more for babysitting.
              Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by irishnd31 View Post
                Herb should be getting paid more for babysitting.
                He just got $5 from Corso

                Comment


                • Originally posted by shortynd01 View Post
                  He just got $5 from Corso
                  Lol. As soon as I posted that I saw Herbie pocket the 5. Well earned.
                  Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by irishnd31 View Post
                    Herb should be getting paid more for babysitting.
                    Herb loves him some Corso. Going to miss him when he goes. Sad seeing him decline before our eyes over the last couple years, but awesome to see him fighting, and the other guys around him helping. Corso has been the funnest part of Game Day since, well, forever.
                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                      Herb loves him some Corso. Going to miss him when he goes. Sad seeing him decline before our eyes over the last couple years, but awesome to see him fighting, and the other guys around him helping. Corso has been the funnest part of Game Day since, well, forever.
                      I donít even watch anymore but pretty much this... any time I have checked in during the last year heís been the most enjoyable part all while said decline is more and more noticeable.
                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                        I donít even watch anymore but pretty much this... any time I have checked in during the last year heís been the most enjoyable part all while said decline is more and more noticeable.
                        If I'm in the house in the AM, I'll turn it on in the background. I try to pay attention 11:30-noon when all the good stuff happens. When Corso leaves, not sure I'll make the effort.

                        ESPN should bring in another lovable old man.... Mr. Holtz please.
                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                        Comment


                        • https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...le-bit-too-far

                          "There’s been a big debate about whether ESPN should be focused more on what happens on the field of sport than what happens in terms of where sports is societally or politically," Iger said.

                          Iger then explained that its new president, Jimmy Pitaro, who replaced longtime executive John Skipper in March, is working towards refocusing the network. Skipper shocked the media industry by leaving ESPN last year when a drug dealer attempted to extort him by using his cocaine habit against him. Prior to his sudden exit, Skipper was reguarly accused of making ESPN a left-leaning network.

                          "Jimmy felt that the pendulum may have swung a little bit too far away from the field. And I happen to believe he was right," Iger told the magazine. "He has brought back some balance."
                          I missed this whole admission of of being too political until I saw some chatter about it on Twitter last night. It's interesting to see them admit to this.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                            If I'm in the house in the AM, I'll turn it on in the background. I try to pay attention 11:30-noon when all the good stuff happens. When Corso leaves, not sure I'll make the effort.

                            ESPN should bring in another lovable old man.... Mr. Holtz please.
                            I still think this is the best pregame show on TV. I love the breakdowns, the debates, the stories.

                            If I am not going to the game, I wake up, and put this on and by noon I am pumped for the games..

                            Only thing I would change would be having the guest speaker actually from one of the schools. Chainsmokers, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, Katy Perry, they are there to pimp their own stuff and really don't know anything about the games. I would much rather have an old coach or a former player do those picks

                            Comment


                            • Lee is the best part of the show. It will be sad when he's not on there anymore

                              Comment


                              • In case you guys missed it, they're broadcasting from Pullman on Saturday, which is kind of a big deal.

                                http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notr...ml#post2050409

                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Now THAT is a warm welcome, <a href="https://twitter.com/WSUCougars?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WSUCougars</a>! <br><br>�� LET’S DO GAMEDAY! <a href="https://t.co/VH90imTDVl">pic.twitter.com/VH90imTDVl</a></p>&mdash; College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) <a href="https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1052705138752798721?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by NDohio View Post
                                  I missed this whole admission of of being too political until I saw some chatter about it on Twitter last night. It's interesting to see them admit to this.
                                  Just cover the games. They are a leader in the field, everyone else followed their lead, hopefully they lead everyone back to just talking what actually happens in game again. Leave the side show stuff to the morning talk shows on non sports networks....
                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Blaise View Post
                                    I still think this is the best pregame show on TV. I love the breakdowns, the debates, the stories.

                                    If I am not going to the game, I wake up, and put this on and by noon I am pumped for the games..

                                    Only thing I would change would be having the guest speaker actually from one of the schools. Chainsmokers, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, Katy Perry, they are there to pimp their own stuff and really don't know anything about the games. I would much rather have an old coach or a former player do those picks
                                    Amen to this entire post.

                                    I watch Gameday almost every week, if I can. It's cool to hear insight on the other teams who I don't necessarily get a chance to watch every week, and have them break them down, keep me up to speed.

                                    For those of you who also love Corso, here you go, right in the feels:

                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38OjpkpMB0Q

                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT2eIngZvsM&t=18s

                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFhQ59_0J9Q

                                    How can anyone hate on a guy who loves what he does as much as Lee? Is he hard to listen to? Sometimes, yeah; it can be tough. But I actually feel lucky that I still get to watch a man do what he loves, week in and week out, for so many years.

                                    Lee is the man. I hope they never let him go and he does it for as long as he desires. He's earned it.
                                    Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 10-18-2018, 11:14 AM.
                                    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by arahop View Post
                                      Lee is the best part of the show. It will be sad when he's not on there anymore
                                      An old man is best part of the show?

                                      I'd go with the following:
                                      1. Maria Taylor
                                      2. Gameday signs
                                      3. Herbstreit
                                      4. Corso

                                      Did i mention Maria Taylor???
                                      Prehistoric

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                        An old man is best part of the show?

                                        I'd go with the following:
                                        1. Maria Taylor
                                        2. Gameday signs
                                        3. Herbstreit
                                        4. Corso

                                        Did i mention Maria Taylor???
                                        I would reverse that order. Glad to see you left Desmond off the list. He is a joke and like hearing fingernails on a chalkboard.

                                        Corso has been all in on the Irish this year. I think he likes the standards and traditions that ND brings to CFB. If we win out and get to USC I bet game day is there and I hope Lee doesnít pull a fast one on us by picking usc.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by BeatSC View Post
                                          I would reverse that order. Glad to see you left Desmond off the list. He is a joke and like hearing fingernails on a chalkboard.

                                          Corso has been all in on the Irish this year. I think he likes the standards and traditions that ND brings to CFB. If we win out and get to USC I bet game day is there and I hope Lee doesnít pull a fast one on us by picking usc.
                                          To the bold: I doubt this happens with scUM and OSU the same weekend. Looking more and more like a division championship game.

                                          However, in the event that it is there, to the underlined: I don't think he would, he loves putting on that Leprechaun outfit lately!
                                          My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                            An old man is best part of the show?

                                            I'd go with the following:
                                            1. Maria Taylor
                                            2. Gameday signs
                                            3. Herbstreit
                                            4. Corso

                                            Did i mention Maria Taylor???
                                            So you only check in for the visuals. Got it.

                                            About the only time I watch Gameday is when they talk about ND, but I would say the signs are the best part as I really don't care to hear about most of the matchups.

                                            When Corso coached IU, he was extremely popular but with a 41-68-2 record the admin realized it wasn't going to get any better under Lee. Of course it's never gotten any better under anyone except Mallory who was close to a .500 record.

                                            Comment


                                            • IDK if it's just bad luck or what but over the last four years or so I've tuned into the celeb picks maybe half a dozen times and every single time the celeb in question takes some backhanded or completely false narrative swipe and ND... always a great way to start my Saturdays...
                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                An old man is best part of the show?

                                                I'd go with the following:
                                                1. Maria Taylor
                                                2. Gameday signs
                                                3. Herbstreit
                                                4. Corso

                                                Did i mention Maria Taylor???
                                                Sam Ponder > Erin Andrews > Maria Taylor in that role....

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                  So you only check in for the visuals. Got it.

                                                  About the only time I watch Gameday is when they talk about ND, but I would say the signs are the best part as I really don't care to hear about most of the matchups.

                                                  When Corso coached IU, he was extremely popular but with a 41-68-2 record the admin realized it wasn't going to get any better under Lee. Of course it's never gotten any better under anyone except Mallory who was close to a .500 record.
                                                  Which is 100% the reason espn trots them out. He's merely buying what they're selling.

                                                  espn didn't hire them for their impeccable credentials and because they're beacons of journalism.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Gamedays biggest issue is that it's far too long. Used to be a fun tight two hours with good momentum towards game time. Now they're trying to pad out 3 hours with one and a half hours of watchable material. Which is obviously why they have the Bear guy (who has the camera presence of a piece of unbuttered toast) out there doing his shtick.

                                                    Funnier than you in 2012.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                      Gamedays biggest issue is that it's far too long. Used to be a fun tight two hours with good momentum towards game time. Now they're trying to pad out 3 hours with one and a half hours of watchable material. Which is obviously why they have the Bear guy (who has the camera presence of a piece of unbuttered toast) out there doing his shtick.
                                                      I think it's more of a "cool kids throwing a bone to their friend" thing, rather than trying to fill time. His bit is always rushed (and you can barely hear/understand his reasoning) and he's not very good at it, anyway.

                                                      He's a producer, and they all like him, and he was probably on the money with one or two underdog calls at some point on the bus, so now they let their friend do a bit because he's the gambling "expert" of the group because of that ONE time.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Blaise View Post
                                                        Sam Ponder > Erin Andrews > Maria Taylor in that role....
                                                        100% agreed.
                                                        "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                          I think it's more of a "cool kids throwing a bone to their friend" thing, rather than trying to fill time. His bit is always rushed (and you can barely hear/understand his reasoning) and he's not very good at it, anyway.

                                                          He's a producer, and they all like him, and he was probably on the money with one or two underdog calls at some point on the bus, so now they let their friend do a bit because he's the gambling "expert" of the group because of that ONE time.
                                                          I think it's both. It's them including him, but the reason they can do that is because there's so much spare time.

                                                          Funnier than you in 2012.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Blaise View Post
                                                            I still think this is the best pregame show on TV. I love the breakdowns, the debates, the stories.

                                                            If I am not going to the game, I wake up, and put this on and by noon I am pumped for the games..

                                                            Only thing I would change would be having the guest speaker actually from one of the schools. Chainsmokers, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, Katy Perry, they are there to pimp their own stuff and really don't know anything about the games. I would much rather have an old coach or a former player do those picks
                                                            Same here kinda. It's still the only game in town. I've just generally stepped away from ESPN for other reasons. When Corso goes, I'll likely step away a bit more. I'll still throw it on in the AM while I'm getting shit done around the house before the games.

                                                            I agree, they need to try harder to get school specific guests. I did not mind Luke though. He picked ND, was the best picker so far, and was pretty good interacting with the guys. I like the country guys though, so that's likely a part of it to. Chainsmokers left me underwhelmed.

                                                            There's absolutely no reason not to feature Golic Sr or even Jr when gameday is at ND. Not as the visitor, but as one of the hosts or guests.

                                                            Originally posted by arahop View Post
                                                            Lee is the best part of the show. It will be sad when he's not on there anymore
                                                            Corso is hands down the best for me, and it's not even close. herb is growing on me, I think mostly because of his love for Corso.

                                                            Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                            In case you guys missed it, they're broadcasting from Pullman on Saturday, which is kind of a big deal.
                                                            Pretty weak game day spot IMO. Clemson would have been my pick given it's two undefeated teams, and the best chance likely for Clemson to fall. I would have picked MichSt over WashSt too.

                                                            Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                            An old man is best part of the show?

                                                            I'd go with the following:
                                                            1. Maria Taylor
                                                            2. Gameday signs
                                                            3. Herbstreit
                                                            4. Corso

                                                            Did i mention Maria Taylor???
                                                            I like Taylor too, but my order would be
                                                            1. Corso generally all program
                                                            2. Corso's picks
                                                            3. Gameday signs
                                                            4. Herb
                                                            5. Picks in general
                                                            6. Taylor

                                                            Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                            Gamedays biggest issue is that it's far too long. Used to be a fun tight two hours with good momentum towards game time. Now they're trying to pad out 3 hours with one and a half hours of watchable material. Which is obviously why they have the Bear guy (who has the camera presence of a piece of unbuttered toast) out there doing his shtick.
                                                            I don't have a problem with the length, as there's not really anything on earlier worth putting on while I'm doing chores and eating breakfast.

                                                            I do think they could make the Bear segment better. Let him expand on picks vs the lines, or get someone from the betting space to do it. I think the picks overall could be done bigger and better. Not the pick of the two game day teams, but the rest of the action going on.

                                                            Being the prime show in the AM before KO, they absolutely could do better IMO, for all three hours.
                                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                            Comment


                                                            • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As promised here is one of the never before seen skits from <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolvantalk?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@barstoolvant alk</a> episode 2 featuring <a href="https://twitter.com/MatthewBerryTMR?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MatthewBerry TMR</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RIPBVT?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RIPBVT</a> <a href="https://t.co/DZEZ0S99sW">pic.twitter.com/DZEZ0S99sW</a></p>&mdash; Pardon My Take (@PardonMyTake) <a href="https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/1053339594308104192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                              <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                              Comment


                                                              • I'm not a fan of Corso anymore. He's starting to lose it.

                                                                I thought when Fowler left that it would be a huge step back. He's got a great football specific voice meant for TV. But I don't notice him gone anymore. Davis has done a good job.

                                                                Ever since Pollack joined the group I knew he'd be the guy they will insert in place of Corso when he leaves. I just wonder that when that day comes, will Herb slide inside the desk and be the big picker with pollack taking the outside...? IDK but it will happen soon.

                                                                Also, no one beats Samantha Steele on gameday. Hot and knew her stuff. Double bonus.

                                                                Lastly, I didn't know Fox had their own "gameday." I noticed it at a hotel bar the week of the red river rivalry. Should tune into that and check it out. But I think i saw Matt Leinart on set. Not a fan of him either.
                                                                I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Fowler left? Who knew....
                                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                                    Ever since Pollack joined the group I knew he'd be the guy they will insert in place of Corso when he leaves. I just wonder that when that day comes, will Herb slide inside the desk and be the big picker with pollack taking the outside...? IDK but it will happen soon.
                                                                    Herbstreit can't pick the big games because half the time that's the game he's calling on ABC.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • That moment you realize Reece Davis and Chris Fowler are actually two completely different people......
                                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                        That moment you realize Reece Davis and Chris Fowler are actually two completely different people......
                                                                        Ha, glad to find out it's not just me who sometimes confuses them. I'm still not sure if Dan Patrick and Jim Lampley are two different people.
                                                                        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Well, Pullman didn't disappoint. For all the people complaining that Gameday didn't go out to the Clemson/NC St game, I don't think they could have matched the energy at Washington St. Could barely hear the announcers as they were making their final picks. Herbstreit picked the Ducks in a total troll move, he may need security to get out of there

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                            Well, Pullman didn't disappoint. For all the people complaining that Gameday didn't go out to the Clemson/NC St game, I don't think they could have matched the energy at Washington St. Could barely hear the announcers as they were making their final picks. Herbstreit picked the Ducks in a total troll move, he may need security to get out of there
                                                                            I thought the atmosphere at wazzu was pretty special this morning. That kind of massive energy is just one of the many things that makes college football really special. Glad to see Pullman finally get its day in the sun.
                                                                            "...and our hearts forever, love thee Notre Dame!"

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lee Corso is a national treasure. <a href="https://t.co/8bkzgekZzb">pic.twitter.com/8bkzgekZzb</a></p>&mdash; Darnay Tripp (@DarnayTripp) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarnayTripp/status/1053637874346745857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                              <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


                                                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Leach in the Costanza pose is one of the best <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GamedaySigns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ga medaySigns</a>. �� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CollegeGameDay?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw"># CollegeGameDay</a> <a href="https://t.co/tCfBHeA8SX">pic.twitter.com/tCfBHeA8SX</a></p>&mdash; Richie Rich (@NotMyRichie__) <a href="https://twitter.com/NotMyRichie__/status/1053669959799369728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                              <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                Well, Pullman didn't disappoint. For all the people complaining that Gameday didn't go out to the Clemson/NC St game, I don't think they could have matched the energy at Washington St. Could barely hear the announcers as they were making their final picks. Herbstreit picked the Ducks in a total troll move, he may need security to get out of there
                                                                                Definitely not the best game of the day, but definitely the best atmosphere without a doubt. Crazy good stuff, and loud that early in the AM. Didn't realize they had an RV lot so close to GD area.
                                                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Some Gameday Signs


                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A couple great <a href="https://twitter.com/Coach_Leach?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Coach_Leach</a> signs from <a href="https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CollegeGameDa y</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kxly?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#kxly</a> <a href="https://t.co/IF0WHUPYdr">pic.twitter.com/IF0WHUPYdr</a></p>&mdash; Keith Osso (@OssoKXLY) <a href="https://twitter.com/OssoKXLY/status/1053598823656738816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Early leader for best College Gameday sign. ������ <a href="https://t.co/jVijlzalFd">pic.twitter.com/jVijlzalFd</a></p>&mdash; Saturday Down South (@SDS) <a href="https://twitter.com/SDS/status/1053642275157348353?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Best sign at college game day <a href="https://t.co/k2zSRjlgeq">pic.twitter.com/k2zSRjlgeq</a></p>&mdash; Mark Bolinger (@BoBolinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/BoBolinger/status/1053637250666430464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


                                                                                  And this was last week
                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Best <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CollegeGameDay?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw"># CollegeGameDay</a> sign ever! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoBlue?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoBlue</a> <a href="https://t.co/Pl5DRKO8Iv">pic.twitter.com/Pl5DRKO8Iv</a></p>&mdash; Mike Trainor (@GoldGloveSS) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoldGloveSS/status/1051128047989125120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                                                    Ever since Pollack joined the group I knew he'd be the guy they will insert in place of Corso when he leaves. I just wonder that when that day comes, will Herb slide inside the desk and be the big picker with pollack taking the outside...? IDK but it will happen soon.
                                                                                    Not so long as Herbie is calling the game of the week.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • I think a lot of it had to do with the flag being dragged around for 15 years. Got to give them props for that. Must have been hard for Heriberto to see “The” Ohio State university get trampled by a great looking Purdue team. Nice segment on that poor kid and have to think he was on their collective mind more than once when it was looking like a reality that they would pull off the win. Kid deserves a couple days of happiness.

                                                                                      BTW Maria has some man Hands.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • LOL @ Stephen A. Smith

                                                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is incredible...Stephen A. Smith’s 3 players to watch:<br><br>1. Spencer Ware (out tonight)<br>2. Hunter Henry (who has had a great season according to him lmao)<br>3. Derrick Johnson (not currently in NFL) <a href="https://t.co/uz8E4swx3R">https://t.co/uz8E4swx3R</a></p>&mdash; Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) <a href="https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1073245988742148097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                                        <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • What does he know? Guys are wrong all the time when it comes to predictions, but this is just plain being lazy. He had little credibility before and even less now.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • The worst part is, people call him out, and all he says is, "I made a mistake. I work too many hours. I was thinking of so and so..." He's off the hook. These guys are never held to any standard as long as they don't blatantly insult a group of people or anything.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • The guy is such trash. Didn't he get fired or demoted early on in his career? The only thing I can think is ESPN keeps him around to be their heel, he's only valuable as an entertainment commodity that people enjoy hating on for dramatic purposes.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                                The only thing I can think is ESPN keeps him around to be their heel, he's only valuable as an entertainment commodity that people enjoy hating on for dramatic purposes.
                                                                                                ^

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                                  The guy is such trash. Didn't he get fired or demoted early on in his career? The only thing I can think is ESPN keeps him around to be their heel, he's only valuable as an entertainment commodity that people enjoy hating on for dramatic purposes.
                                                                                                  They don't just "keep him around," they pay him more money than almost every other employee with an ESPN contract.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Don't know if this ESPN tweet has been posted or not. Classic ESPN. I guess it was kind of important to have the UCF coach on that tweet and leave off one of the CFP teams entirely.

                                                                                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">��<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> <a href="https://t.co/bjy4ZTuUpq">https://t.co/bjy4ZTuUpq</a></p>&mdash; Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball/status/1074009495586725888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                                                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">yeah a little odd <a href="https://t.co/Q4fyBcPIVs">pic.twitter.com/Q4fyBcPIVs</a></p>&mdash; nick (@nick_pants) <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_pants/status/1074037121281871872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                                                      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X