ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Don't forget to keep your wife posted and let us know how that works out.
    If I did that, you wouldn't need me to let you know anything. You'd see it on the evening news: "Let's go live to Reptile Gardens where a woman has pushed her husband into the Komodo Dragon pit and is screaming, 'Baribeau that!' at him."
    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• I am glad they don't want to play up politics anymore...

https://twitter.com/RMoses10/status/...560230914?s=19
      Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Originally posted by connor_in View Post
        I am glad they don't want to play up politics anymore...

Now, even if you don't want to play the political game, you're a sell out or a traitor. YOU MUST SPEAK LEFT or you're a deplorable.
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Clay Travis and Ben Shapiro absolutely savaged ESPN on Ben's sunday special. Always love watching ESPN get demolished. F you wiz.....thx for the recent reps though.
          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
            Now, even if you don't want to play the political game, you're a sell out or a traitor. YOU MUST SPEAK LEFT or you're a deplorable.
            I rarely watch ESPN anymore. I did watch the F1 race on sunday morning as I'm an avid race fan and pull for Haas in the F1 series.
            I can now watch Indy Car and NASCAR on NBC Sports and most football, basketball and hockey on non ESPN networks. They just overplayed their hand and got too big and arrogant. Glad to see them struggling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
              I rarely watch ESPN anymore. I did watch the F1 race on sunday morning as I'm an avid race fan and pull for Haas in the F1 series.
              I can now watch Indy Car and NASCAR on NBC Sports and most football, basketball and hockey on non ESPN networks. They just overplayed their hand and got too big and arrogant. Glad to see them struggling.
              ESPN needs to get back to what go them there.... sports... It would be nice if they got politics out of most shows, and then had a few shows for political viewers that were honestly labeled as such...

They got rid of Jemele Hill at least. I didn't mind here all that much until she went full tilt and got too big for her britches. When politics gets bigger than the actual topic (sports), it just won't end well. The only thing I really watch is Golic and Wingo aside from actual games. Politics has infected way too much. There's not a lot of escape to be found in sports and entertainment anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by connor_in View Post
                I am glad they don't want to play up politics anymore...

How lame is that? They're trying to make something out of nothing. Get off the #metoo bandwagon boys.

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                ESPN needs to get back to what go them there.... sports... It would be nice if they got politics out of most shows, and then had a few shows for political viewers that were honestly labeled as such...

They got rid of Jemele Hill at least. I didn't mind here all that much until she went full tilt and got too big for her britches. When politics gets bigger than the actual topic (sports), it just won't end well. The only thing I really watch is Golic and Wingo aside from actual games. Politics has infected way too much. There's not a lot of escape to be found in sports and entertainment anymore.
                Can't remember where I heard it, but I heard they are trying to get back to their roots or at least a lot closer. Except for FB or BB I haven't watched ESPN in over 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                  Beadle is leaving (or forced out) of Get Up! I've seen in articles that the show has poor ratings. How bad are we talking here? Is she leaving because of her statements that she doesnt watch football and football season is upon us?

Does anyone know if Wingo & Golic ratings are comparable to Mike & Mike?
                  I think Beadle is getting reassigned after her admission that she doesn't/won't watch football anymore. The interesting part of that, to me, is that she is making HUGE money with ESPN. Now they're going to have to find something for her to do that matches the compensation... unless of course her contract was fully tied to "Get Up," in which case ESPN did a good job of covering their own asses.

'Wingo & Golic' get lower ratings than 'Mike & Mike' did, or at least they were a couple of months ago. I'll have to see if I can dig up the article that reported on it. It wasn't an unforgivable drop, but it's enough to make you wonder if they screwed up by not trying to salvage the Mikes' relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                    I think Beadle is getting reassigned after her admission that she doesn't/won't watch football anymore. The interesting part of that, to me, is that she is making HUGE money with ESPN. Now they're going to have to find something for her to do that matches the compensation... unless of course her contract was fully tied to "Get Up," in which case ESPN did a good job of covering their own asses.
                    They're moving NBA countdown to LA because LeBron. Literally, no italics. It was in the press release.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

'Wingo & Golic' get lower ratings than 'Mike & Mike' did, or at least they were a couple of months ago. I'll have to see if I can dig up the article that reported on it. It wasn't an unforgivable drop, but it's enough to make you wonder if they screwed up by not trying to salvage the Mikes' relationship.
                      They are paying Greenburg a shit ton to tho right? and Get Up is not doing well, makes you wonder what they are going to do with him as well.
                      Prehistoric

Comment

• When I read what Beadle said I at least respected her honestly. The way many of these talking heads (not just ESPN) regurgitate the same talking points over and over and never seem to talk games you can tell many of them don't watch either but fake the funk.
                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                          They are paying Greenburg a shit ton to tho right? and Get Up is not doing well, makes you wonder what they are going to do with him as well.
                          IMO ESPN didn't want to risk losing Greenburg and caved to his request to do something different hoping his fan base would translate to the new program and Mike & Mike (Trey) would remain consistent given its track record.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our new show <a href="https://twitter.com/AlwaysLateESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AlwaysLateESP N</a> premieres on ESPN+ in ONE WEEK and no we’re not ready but at least this guy is: <a href="https://t.co/MJ5GNZuuLG">pic.twitter.com/MJ5GNZuuLG</a></p>&mdash; Katie Nolan (@katienolan) <a href="https://twitter.com/katienolan/status/1034898737917775874?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2018</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

she has a new show on espn+ only which nobody will see. I listened to her podcast for a while when it started but its gone very stale.
                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Katie Nolan should have a sports themed cooking show with weekly guests... like where she just looks hot while spilling different ingredients all over herself... "Oops.. I spilled chocolate syrup all over my shirt, guess I need to take it off now... what do you think of that Marshawn Lynch??" "Beast-mode."
                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

IMO ESPN didn't want to risk losing Greenburg and caved to his request to do something different hoping his fan base would translate to the new program and Mike & Mike (Trey) would remain consistent given its track record.
                                Golic made that show (at least for me). Greenburg was a nice dynamic that played a great nerd to Golic's caveman. Golic's personality still translates well with sports dudes. Greenburg on his own, or without a Golic, not so much. Overall, they are better together than apart. I like Wingo I guess, but they could have found someone better IMO. Little Golic sometimes gets on my nerves and has a tendency to talk to much.

Comment

Golic made that show (at least for me). Greenburg was a nice dynamic that played a great nerd to Golic's caveman. Golic's personality still translates well with sports dudes. Greenburg on his own, or without a Golic, not so much. Overall, they are better together than apart. I like Wingo I guess, but they could have found someone better IMO. Little Golic sometimes gets on my nerves and has a tendency to talk to much.
                                  JR is better when he is hosting... He gets too goofy when he is the third wheel and just throwing zany one liners in

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaise View Post
                                    JR is better when he is hosting... He gets too goofy when he is the third wheel and just throwing zany one liners in
                                    Yup I agree. He still needs to work on his chill.

Comment

• I haven't watched ESPN (outside of a game) or listened to sports radio (outside of listening to a game) in years and the quality of my life improved.
                                      "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Just watched the ESPN E60 about Declan.. I'm surprisingly happy about it. That family is the definition of class. Though ESPN was going to take a few other angles.

The second half of E60 was fricken great. I recommend everyone watch it. I won't spoil the story, but it's about Deland McCullough, a CFB RB turned coach, and his search for his biological parents. Huge "No Way" moment

Comment

Just watched the ESPN E60 about Declan.. I'm surprisingly happy about it. That family is the definition of class. Though ESPN was going to take a few other angles.

The second half of E60 was fricken great. I recommend everyone watch it. I won't spoil the story, but it's about Deland McCullough, a CFB RB turned coach, and his search for his biological parents. Huge "No Way" moment
                                          I came here to post this story, but saw you beat me to it. Heck of a good story with an unexpected twist.

The jaw-dropping story behind an NFL coach's search for his family
                                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                            What bothers me about ALL of them most and this includes Patrick... is they are a sports talk show host, but unless it's the NFL they NEVER talk SPORTS. They'll talk on and on day after day about some sideshow bullshit that involves athletes off the field or before/after games... but God forbid they actually just focus on who played, who won, and how. Nobody talks games anymore... if they do it's usually in the context of how terrible the games are or how boring they are, "Dude you are a sports talk show host, how about try and actually sell the sport for once??"
                                            That's what I like about DP; it's a bunch of friends talking shit and commenting about sports. Who wants to sit there and listen to some nerds talk about stats and all this other bullshit that's ruining the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                              I came here to post this story, but saw you beat me to it. Heck of a good story with an unexpected twist.

My friend texted me this story, this morning. His comment was something along the lines of: "you're soft if you start to tear up!" I could see the payoff coming a mile away, but fuck-all if this story doesn't hit you right in the feels.

It seems like this story should have been released during Father's Day, though. Maybe they waited for that reunion to happen, so the story-arc could be complete.

Comment

• ESPN’s New Boss Changes Course, in Step With the N.F.L.

Comment

• Mike & Mike were best when the TV set was a closet. When they got the new stage, they went into the entertainment business.
                                                  Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

• ESPN Films Announces Slate of Upcoming 30 for 30 Documentaries from the Award-Winning Group

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
                                                      My friend texted me this story, this morning. His comment was something along the lines of: "you're soft if you start to tear up!" I could see the payoff coming a mile away, but fuck-all if this story doesn't hit you right in the feels.

It seems like this story should have been released during Father's Day, though. Maybe they waited for that reunion to happen, so the story-arc could be complete.
                                                      Hell of a story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

Great how they all came together in the end, and looked sincerely happy about it.

Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post

I did not see IT coming. I new something was going to be crazy, but not what actually happened. Agree, it would have made a great 60 minute long segment on F's day. Surprised all the build up for that segment was actually about the first ND portion (which was good).

Originally posted by tadman95 View Post
                                                        Mike & Mike were best when the TV set was a closet. When they got the new stage, they went into the entertainment business.
                                                        Yup. The simple rawness was great. And the personalities fit really well together. IMO, Mike Golic is doing just fine without MGr, but not a huge fan of MGr's new show.

Comment

• Who is this lady that thinks a 12-0 ND would not get into the playoff? She thinks SEC runner up would get in ahead of us:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=24930410&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Comment

• "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                              Who is this lady that thinks a 12-0 ND would not get into the playoff? She thinks SEC runner up would get in ahead of us:
                                                              Very strange. Meanwhile, Finebaum already has us at #4, ahead of Clemson. If we win out, I don't see us any lower than #3, behind undefeated Alabama or Georgia and undefeated Ohio State.

Comment

• This ESPN ND article had a funny comment about the "blue hairs" and the "can't stand" crowd.

"As part of the renovations, 8˝ miles of wooden grandstand benches, the ones installed by Rockne in 1930, were yanked out. Much of that redwood was recycled and reworked into the stadium elsewhere, while the remainder is being sold as souvenirs. The new seating is vinyl-wrapped and widened for more hip and legroom.

"We gave them more comfortable seats, but we've also specifically instructed our fans that it's OK to stand and cheer and not to complain when others do it," a Notre Dame Stadium usher explained at halftime of the Stanford game. "One older gentleman told me he got a new seat but now he never uses it. He always stands up to support the team. So he says when he gets home he sits on the old wooden seat he bought."
                                                                The usher was asked, so, what made him finally start standing up? She shouted back "Ian Book!""

Notre Dame turnaround spurred by modernization of program

Comment

• ESPN says we’re the biggest threat to Bama.

I’m done.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                    ESPN says we’re the biggest threat to Bama.

I’m done.

Comment

• ESPN just riding the gravy train
                                                                      Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                      ESPN says we&rsquo;re the biggest threat to Bama.

I&rsquo;m done.
                                                                      Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m done.
                                                                        I mean,... we might well be.... aside from UGA I can’t think of another clear option.

Comment

• We DON'T want Bama!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m done.
                                                                            We're the biggest threat to ourselves as well. Hope Kelly continues to keep the team focused...and the team remains relatively healthy.

Comment

• Bama and OSU are #1 and #2 in total O. Both Ds have holes. I think they (OSU) is still the best match up.

Still not high on UGA's O.
                                                                              Clemson is a big ? to me. If they can get balanced on O, then they will be tough to beat.

Our depth at D puts us in the best position we've been in for years if we can stay healthy. If our O keeps improving, we could be a threat by the end of the year.

Comment

• espn-bad habit and chromosome damage
                                                                                Project ahead when you think of what university you want to bring your family to as an alum. If it isnt Notre Dame then you should go to another school-from a subway alumni

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                  We DON'T want Bama!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                                                                  No, that's exactly who we want. Because to win a championship this year it's likely going to take playing them. So if we're deciding we don't want Bama, we're wanting a loss before we would play them. I'll pass on that scenario. Give me Bama.
                                                                                  #TeamKizer

Comment

Who is this hot lady that thinks a 12-0 ND would not get into the playoff? She thinks SEC runner up would get in ahead of us:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=24930410&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>
                                                                                    FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                      This ESPN ND article had a funny comment about the "blue hairs" and the "can't stand" crowd.

"As part of the renovations, 8˝ miles of wooden grandstand benches, the ones installed by Rockne in 1930, were yanked out. Much of that redwood was recycled and reworked into the stadium elsewhere, while the remainder is being sold as souvenirs. The new seating is vinyl-wrapped and widened for more hip and legroom.

"We gave them more comfortable seats, but we've also specifically instructed our fans that it's OK to stand and cheer and not to complain when others do it," a Notre Dame Stadium usher explained at halftime of the Stanford game. "One older gentleman told me he got a new seat but now he never uses it. He always stands up to support the team. So he says when he gets home he sits on the old wooden seat he bought."
                                                                                      The usher was asked, so, what made him finally start standing up? She shouted back "Ian Book!""

Notre Dame turnaround spurred by modernization of program
                                                                                      Wait, what? A blue hair standing and cheering?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                                        No, that's exactly who we want. Because to win a championship this year it's likely going to take playing them. So if we're deciding we don't want Bama, we're wanting a loss before we would play them. I'll pass on that scenario. Give me Bama.
                                                                                        Agree...........You'll have to play them one way or another and don't we want to know how we measure up and how close we are to a NC?

Comment

FIFY
                                                                                          Hot...but not too bright.

Comment

I’m done.
                                                                                            That might be true, at least in terms of covering the spread against them based on current resumes lol.

ND is probably proven as the most 'complete' team to this point between both sides of the ball. Ohio State's offense is more potent than ND's in terms of big plays, but their defense is further behind our defense than our offense is behind their offense, if that makes sense. So they might produce more big plays, but ND might have a greater chance at finding some success on both sides of the ball.

I think Clemson is a relative farce in a weak ACC. They're riding the DL and the running game right now until Lawrence figures it out, but they'd still be dropping two games if VT was healthy and if Richt hadn't already gone full Richt at Miami.

Georgia is an unknown at this point, for the most part. If they come out and smash LSU and Florida, I'd put them ahead of ND no problem... but they haven't beat anyone of note yet, so until that time, I could role with arguing that ND is the biggest PROVEN threat to Bama.

However, at the end of the day, if you're making it to the playoff, you're hoping to be in the #2 vs #3 game to try and get a win before meeting the Bama Buzzsaw.

I really think the argument is "Who is the biggest threat to cover the spread against Bama?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                                              We can beat Ohio State in the semifinal. Then we pray for some fluke Clemson shit.

Comment

Hot...but not too bright.
                                                                                                Well, we aint thinkin of bonin her brains.
                                                                                                Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                                                                  We can beat Ohio State in the semifinal. Then we pray for some fluke Clemson shit.
                                                                                                  This is where I'm at. You don't want to give Meyer a month of prep, but if the alternative is Saban you go Buckeyes every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                                    This is where I'm at. You don't want to give Meyer a month of prep, but if the alternative is Saban you go Buckeyes every time.
                                                                                                    Even better would be Michigan winning the Big 10 and then we don't have to worry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                                                                      Even better would be Michigan winning the Big 10 and then we don't have to worry about it.
                                                                                                      Go scUM!

F@ck Michigan!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X