ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
    Probably not, ESPN has shown they're too afraid of the backlash of firing a black female. If a Curt Schiling said it, he's out of here!
    Here's the one she tweeted that began the whole discussion: "For the cheap seats: Stop teaching girls & women how not to be sexually harassed and assualted. Start teaching boys & men not to be predators."

Someone then asked her if anyone teaches their sons to be predators, and she replied with your quoted Tweet. Ridiculous.
    I'm at a complete loss on this stuff at this point. Politics aside, it's bad business. It's like... I'm sure there are people at Marvel and LucasFilm who would love to put a gay relationship between Cap and Bucky or Poe and Finn in their movies, but they're not going to. Why? Because you don't make $2 billion at the box office if every Evangelical in the country boycotts your movie. Same thing with Jemele Hill. You can't go out of your way to insult white people... and men... and the working class... and conservatives... when you're on a freaking sports network.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
      I'm at a complete loss on this stuff at this point. Politics aside, it's bad business. It's like... I'm sure there are people at Marvel and LucasFilm who would love to put a gay relationship between Cap and Bucky or Poe and Finn in their movies, but they're not going to. Why? Because you don't make $2 billion at the box office if every Evangelical in the country boycotts your movie. Same thing with Jemele Hill. You can't go out of your way to insult white people... and men... and the working class... and conservatives... when you're on a freaking sports network.
      Why would Poe ever go for Finn anyways? That's just bad writing

Comment

Clear.
        So you work for ESPN and you are a high level Scientologist????
        Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
          Why would Poe ever go for Finn anyways? That's just bad writing
          You serious Clark?

There was a very clear and strong Bromance that developed between them almost instantaneously when they intro'd themselves in the runaway TIE.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
            You serious Clark?

There was a very clear and strong Bromance that developed between them almost instantaneously when they intro'd themselves in the runaway TIE.
            Bromance =/= romance, bruh. Poe Dameron is the best pilot in all of the resistance; dude can get whomstever he wants

Comment

Bromance =/= romance, bruh. Poe Dameron is the best pilot in all of the resistance; dude can get whomstever he wants
              Right, but if they were both gay dudes, as in Wiz's initial post, why would they NOT go for one another after that strong intro?

Comment

Right, but if they were both gay dudes, as in Wiz's initial post, why would they NOT go for one another after that strong intro?
                The chemistry was forced anyways. Any real bro would be pissed that another guy stole his badass jacket

Comment

The chemistry was forced anyways. Any real bro would be pissed that another guy stole his badass jacket
                  This is true.

Comment

Just FYI, this is me and I stopped watching ESPN long before I even knew who Hill was.

But your point is very valid.

Comment

You serious Clark?

Yeah but Finn was legit hitting on Rey the second he met her. So he's not gay.

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                      The chemistry was forced anyways.

Comment

Yeah but Finn was legit hitting on Rey the second he met her. So he's not gay.
                        And especially this

Comment

• Originally posted by NDohio View Post
                          Just FYI, this is me and I stopped watching ESPN long before I even knew who Hill was.

But your point is very valid.
                          This is where I'm at too. Between the double standard they set among the males/females and how they choose to enforce their rules, to the bizarre leftist pivot they've made over the last few years, it doesn't really make any sense. There's way too much bullshit debating in their programming now, I'm tired of seeing Stephen A. Smith on the screen every time I change the channel over. It was nice when you could just turn on ESPN to actually watch sports and watch Stuart Scott (RIP) replay the Top 10.

Comment

• Unless it's live sports, I almost never turn it on. Can't watch highlights anymore. Even late night Sportscenter is littered with hot takes and just reporters talking about the games. Very little of the actual plays being made.

Comment

This is where I'm at too. Between the double standard they set among the males/females and how they choose to enforce their rules, to the bizarre leftist pivot they've made over the last few years, it doesn't really make any sense. There's way too much bullshit debating in their programming now, I'm tired of seeing Stephen A. Smith on the screen every time I change the channel over. It was nice when you could just turn on ESPN to actually watch sports and watch Stuart Scott (RIP) replay the Top 10.
                              Or watch competent people (Peter Gammons and Harold Reynolds) talk about the sport with a host who could show the highlights and keep the show interesting (Karl Ravech).

I haven't watched ESPN other than for live sports in at least 4 years. When we had cable, I used to watch MLB Network in favor of anything on ESPN. It's a big turd sandwich.

Comment

Comment

• Is there any news on any known faces being cut? I haven't seen anything on Twitter - which is where i saw all the bloodshed the last time.
                                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• ESPN is absolute trash. That someone like Jemele Hill has maintained employment with them for this long speaks to how degraded the culture must be there. Aside from her race hustling and inane SJW feminism she is just a bad "journalist." She is not interesting, her writing is sophomoric, and her analysis is shallow and simplistic. She doesn't contribute anything journalist wise that any random dude off the internet couldn't.

Also, "the six" is a horrible idea. I accidentally caught a few minutes of that when I was on the road travelling a few months ago and regretted it. Michael Smith is the male version of Hill.
                                    "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                      ESPN is absolute trash. That someone like Jemele Hill has maintained employment with them for this long speaks to how degraded the culture must be there. Aside from her race hustling and inane SJW feminism she is just a bad "journalist." She is not interesting, her writing is sophomoric, and her analysis is shallow and simplistic. She doesn't contribute anything journalist wise that any random dude off the internet couldn't.

Also, "the six" is a horrible idea. I accidentally caught a few minutes of that when I was on the road travelling a few months ago and regretted it. Michael Smith is the male version of Hill.
                                      I actually liked Michael Smith. I enjoyed his articles, and then ESPN became what is was, put him on the 6 and he has definitely changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                        ESPN is absolute trash. That someone like Jemele Hill has maintained employment with them for this long speaks to how degraded the culture must be there. Aside from her race hustling and inane SJW feminism she is just a bad "journalist." She is not interesting, her writing is sophomoric, and her analysis is shallow and simplistic. She doesn't contribute anything journalist wise that any random dude off the internet couldn't.

Hill has the most predictable opinion on ESPN - she wants really hard to show a certain segment of the audience how 'down' she is. I use that terminology because it is vernacular that Jemele Hill knows well. I have refused to watch anything Jemele Hill is on for years, this goes way back to before she was on the sunday 'Sports Reporters' show; where she was painfully outclassed with other professionals on the panel. 2, 3 years ago a friend asked me what I have against Jemele Hill, and my response was, "to her, EVERYTHING is racist.". Fast-forward a couple of years, and lo and behold she gets suspended for her cancerous opinions, and divisive talk.
                                        YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                        Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

• No wonder people are getting laid off...

To fist bump or not to fist bump -- Do players deserve a reward for an intentional walk?

I mean come on people...

Comment

• Watching ESPN before this basketball game and oh my god Jemelle Hill is even worse than I remembered. So awkward, zero talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                              Watching ESPN before this basketball game and oh my god Jemelle Hill is even worse than I remembered. So awkward, zero talent.
                                              the whole network of espn channels is damn near unwatchable at this point.

looking to cut the cord...just need figure out how.

Comment

Watching ESPN before this basketball game and oh my god Jemelle Hill is even worse than I remembered. So awkward, zero talent.
                                                She's horrible. And seems dumb to be honest.

Comment

Too ugly to watch! Looks about like a two mile stretch muddy road to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                                    Too ugly to watch! Looks about like a two mile stretch muddy road to me!
                                                    This post brought to you by:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                      This post brought to you by:

Sad!

Comment

Watching her do the Tiger highlights was beyond painful. Sounded like she had never seen golf before.

Comment

Sad!
                                                          No-talent Jemele has a face for radio! Only reports fake news. Not even Trump would touch her!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                            No-talent Jemele has a face for radio! Only reports fake news. Not even Trump would touch her!
                                                            Failing ESPN called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named "Sportsman (Person) of the Year," like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview on low-energy SC6 and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks for nothing!

Comment

• Trump-speak has already locked up the IE 2017 Meme/Catchphrase of the Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                She's horrible. And seems dumb to be honest.
                                                                she (No-Talent Jemele) clearly has an agenda, and her opinions are predictable as a sunrise. She offers nothing new to any conversation, and that's an objective truth.
                                                                YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                                Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

• Originally posted by TDHeysus View Post
                                                                  she (No-Talent Jemele) clearly has an agenda, and her opinions are predictable as a sunrise. She offers nothing new to any conversation, and that's an objective truth.
                                                                  And No-Talent Jemelle brings down what little Michael Smith had going for him.

Comment

• Holy shit.

Skipper resigned, citing substance abuse.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
                                                                    Last edited by wizards8507; 12-18-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Holy shit.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing

Edit: Oh, Skipper.

Comment

• I am so totally shocked that the guy steering ESPN into an iceberg had substance abuse problems.

Comment

I'm not seeing what you're seeing

Edit: Oh, Skipper.
                                                                          https://nypost.com/2017/12/18/espn-p...bstance-abuse/

Comment

• Bodenheimer's 13 year run was orders of magnitude better than John Skipper's 6 year disaster... so this has to be good news for anyone rooting for ESPN to succeed. Too bad Bodenheimer comes in saddled with so much of Skipper's shit. And I'm sure whoever the permanent guy they eventually choose to fill the shoes will be worse than both of them.

Comment

• ESPN President John Skipper Announced His Sudden Resignation
                                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• The shit Bob Iger has to deal with...

Comment

Holy shit.

Skipper resigned, citing substance abuse.

Water cooler talk must be pretty interesting today...

Comment

• Bring back Van Talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDohio View Post
                                                                                      Water cooler talk must be pretty interesting today...
                                                                                      I'm at a hipster coffee shop with my mother-in-law. They're playing Deathcab for Cutie Christmas songs.

Comment

• Since the thread is bumped... did anyone see the absolute bogus "sexual harassment" claims that Adrienne Lawrence made against John Buccigross?

The guy sucks at flirting and trying to engage a female, but at no point did he try to force himself via text message... the shirtless pic was just a poor attempt at impressing her, not harassment, as were the nicknames he tried using on her.

Not to take away from the rest of the report, which makes it appear that ESPN truly treats pregnant ladies like shit.

Comment

I'm at a hipster coffee shop with my mother-in-law. They're playing Deathcab for Cutie Christmas songs.

pfff Sufjan Stevens hipster christmas albums ftw
                                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

While posting on IE...

there is so much to this I don't even know where to begin.......
                                                                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

I would have thought that you'd die before you give money to hipsters

Comment

I would have thought that you'd die before you give money to hipsters
                                                                                                I can pound a $6.50 cinnamon roll latte with the best of them when MiL is paying. Rich old lady has more money than sense.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Quick check-in on <a href="https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@stoolpreside nte</a> <a href="https://t.co/GC0J5sUnci">pic.twitter.com/GC0J5sUnci</a></p>&mdash; Milmore (@StoolMilmore) <a href="https://twitter.com/StoolMilmore/status/857299961578483712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                                                                                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

How would you even know it's Deachcab? Those bands all sound the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                                      How would you even know it's Deachcab? Those bands all sound the same.
                                                                                                      I've found footage of Wiz in high school. He knows it's them. He knows...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X