ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN

I am a fan of sports. I want to watch the highlights as well as the rest. I just got through watching ESPN without a simple reference to what we just did ( <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VcjVYzXnYNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> )and It's chicken shit to say the least..
    Last edited by Circa; 07-28-2015, 07:27 PM.
    I was smarter when I drank...
    I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Originally posted by 1ndfan View Post
    I am a fan of normal issues. I want to watch the issues come to fruition on real time TV. I just got through watching ESPN without a simple reference to what we just did and It's irritating to say the least.. If we already have an ESPN hate thread do It mod. but please bump the better..
    ND was like the fourth story on SportsCenter, what the hell are you talking about? We were in between the Ohio State highlights and NASCAR. Scott Van Pelt described EG's arm as a "hand cannon."

Comment

I am a fan of normal issues. I want to watch the issues come to fruition on real time TV. I just got through watching ESPN without a simple reference to what we just did and It's irritating to say the least.. If we already have an ESPN hate thread do It mod. but please bump the better..
      Agreed. If we would have lost, they would be all over it. It's no surprise. Funny that the Duck mascot is a better game picker than the other guys.

Comment

There was a full 3-minute segment on SportsCenter. 4th story behind (in order) USC/Stanford, which was an incredible game, MSU/Oregon, VT/OSU, and then us. We got more time than anyone else. They talked about taking over win &#37;, shutting out Michigan for the first time, first Michigan shutout in 376 games, etc. I don't know what you were watching, but it certainly wasn't ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
          ND was like the fourth story on SportsCenter, what the hell are you talking about? We were in between the Ohio State highlights and NASCAR. Scott Van Pelt described EG's arm as a "hand cannon."
          Personally, I reference the website since I can't watch sportscenter.

Comment

Originally posted by MaynardVideo View Post
            There was a full 3-minute segment on SportsCenter. 4th story behind (in order) USC/Stanford, which was an incredible game, MSU/Oregon, VT/OSU, and then us. We got more time than anyone else. They talked about taking over win %, shutting out Michigan for the first time, first Michigan shutout in 376 games, etc. I don't know what you were watching, but it certainly wasn't ESPN.
            did we do that with this win?

Comment

I'm the first to point out when ESPN spurns us but I thought they did us justice tonight.

Comment

On TV, we were a big segment... full highlights. Talked winning &#37; battle and also showed press conference clips.

Comment

Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                  It was on the main page 5 minutes after the game ended... Currently the 4th headline.

Comment

Can pretty much assume any thread with the title "ESPN" is going to be full of estrogen.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                      Such a better description than "arm punt."

Comment

There was a full 3-minute segment on SportsCenter. 4th story behind (in order) USC/Stanford, which was an incredible game, MSU/Oregon, VT/OSU, and then us. We got more time than anyone else. They talked about taking over win %, shutting out Michigan for the first time, first Michigan shutout in 376 games, etc. I don't know what you were watching, but it certainly wasn't ESPN.
                        This. Thanks.

Comment

Missed that.. Did ya forget italics or did I lose my mind?

Edited: Yep
                          Last edited by Circa; 02-24-2015, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                            Fourth story down, which is appropriately where we fall in today's sports news.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                              This. Thanks.
                              geez

Comment

Missed that.. Did ya forget italics or did I lose my mind?
                                I'll never say put the beer down, but huh?

Comment

I don't want to create something that could be absolute BS! but i reckon what I claim is something that could be hearsay.. I'm not a liar! I just created because of what IT is! You guys,gals, can see it in your world I'm sure with your tech.! Don't hate It

Comment

I'll never say put the beer down, but huh?
                                    GO ESPN!

Comment

ESPN is ESPN. TV is TV. Internet is internet. Wasted.

Comment

I don't want to create something that could be absolute BS! but i reckon what I claim is something that could be hearsay.. I'm not a liar! I just created because of what IT is! You guys,gals, can see it in your world I'm sure with your tech.! Don't hate It
                                        Silver Alert.

Comment

I Love ND Football!
                                          Last edited by Circa; 02-24-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Ok, I'll understand the meat I'm eatin... The poster's on this thread have just made something out of... Just as well..... I Love ND Football! Go get em!
                                            Has a bot ever lasted 500+ posts before?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                              Silver Alert.
                                              Last edited by Circa; 02-24-2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                If anyone were to post last those 2 Howard segments on here, there would assuredly be broken computer sccreens. This guy is a F*cking douchebag. F ESPN for hhaving this clown as part of their broadcast. He basically laughed at Wojo's piece on Golson. Way to be a professional.

Should be posted...here!

Comment

Still waiting for our time.. Bump

Comment

Hey, we are watching Georgia lose again... Awesome!

Comment

Hey, we are watching Georgia lose again... Awesome!
                                                      Well I could watch Georgia lose all day long and it wouldn't bother me.
                                                      "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

If I have to watch Chris Brown making a block that seems odd in blurry ness one more time.. I might run for president

Comment

Glad to see ESPN's thirst of bowl games knows no bounds....

Paragon, which is based outside Chicago and has a long history of packaging sports events for ESPN, will select teams to be invited based in large part on national rankings. Dearing said the FHSAA will hold a first right of refusal on those decisions.
                                                          High school football national bowl games are on for December - Chicago Tribune

Comment

Last edited by Circa; 02-24-2015, 09:03 PM.

Comment

When I try to translate this thread with browser, it just shows a picture of blue meth. Is this thread even real life?

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
                                                                When I try to translate this thread with browser, it just shows a picture of blue meth. Is this thread even real life?
                                                                Blue? Crystal clear. Come on bro.. methylamine is hard to come by

Comment

"What the hell is goin on out there?!"

Comment

Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
                                                                    "What the hell is goin on out there?!"
                                                                    Isil or Isis is still being bombed by the US

Comment

ESPN's power rankings finally have us in the Top 10. But behind 3-1 MSU. Strange is the only word! Oregon Is #4. BTW they are replaying the game on ESPNU

Comment

Michigan state is damn good. It was nice not playing them early this year.
                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                          Michigan state is damn good. It was nice not playing them early this year.
                                                                          I actually wish we did. UM, UMS are thermometers for our season most years. We're the last to beat em! Do ya think Kelly doesn't have his #? Other than the lil giants BS!

Comment

I guess we missed the fact that Fowler claimed we played Central Mich, App state, and 2 other crazy teams not even close to the likes of our actual opponents at about the 4:00 mark in the 1st Q. Until we see ESPN Is not on board for our success because of $. I guess we'll just keep talking about popularity of certain SEC teams instead of facts

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I guess we missed the fact that Fowler claimed we played Central Mich, App state, and 2 other crazy teams not even close to the likes of our actual opponents at about the 4:00 mark in the 1st Q. Until we see ESPN Is not on board for our success because of $. I guess we'll just keep talking about popularity of certain SEC teams instead of facts
                                                                              Those teams listed were the wins that our first 3 opponents have had this year.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Would you say that the MSU love is based on their impressive win over Jacksonville State? Eastern Michigan? Or Wyoming?

There is no reason that they should be ranked ahead of ND in any rankings right now.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                                                                  Those teams listed were the wins that our first 3 opponents have had this year.
                                                                                  Thats isnt what was said. I understand your point tho

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Thats isnt what was said. I understand your point tho
                                                                                    yeah they were talking about ND's first 3 teams we have played, and said they are 4 and 12 or whatever the record is

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      The only line anyone at ESPN has on ND is "Golson is an entirely different player." Lol amazed at how little the "experts" there know about the Irish.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        You guys are killing me with this ESPN bias. Outside of Mark May, I don't really see anything from any of the "experts" that would constitute Notre Dame bashing. They are fairly consistent with their comments and, if anything, need to be more critical of all teams. Ain't nobody a top five team right now.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by NCND View Post
                                                                                          The only line anyone at ESPN has on ND is "Golson is an entirely different player." Lol amazed at how little the "experts" there know about the Irish.
                                                                                          Then that's on you at this point, because those fools have been lost in the woods for ages.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post
                                                                                            You guys are killing me with this ESPN bias. Outside of Mark May, I don't really see anything from any of the "experts" that would constitute Notre Dame bashing. They are fairly consistent with their comments and, if anything, need to be more critical of all teams. Ain't nobody a top five team right now.
                                                                                            Desmond Howard and his little giggle fit he got talking about Golson getting suspended. Those are the main two but honestly it's pretty unprofessional to have two personalities whose only job is seemingly to bash ND all the time. Imagine if they hired two people who just took random shots at Alabama all the time and as far as you could tell they only existed on ESPN to bash the Tide constantly.

I don't really think ESPN as a whole is anti-ND, I just find Mark May and Desmond Howard unprofessional and juvenile. I have solved this problem though by not having cable so I don't watch ESPN and all of their crap. There are problems with that network that go far beyond two idiots talking crap about ND.
                                                                                            "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Matt_Fortuna">@Matt_Fortuna</a> I&#39;m famous because I won national championships and revolutionized the way football is played, not for one quote.</p>&mdash; Knute Rockne (@Rocknes_Ghost) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rocknes_Ghost/status/517008897077682176">September 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

House in South Bend, Indiana, where Knute Rockne lived at time of death goes on market for $500,000 - ESPN

Rockne spent his entire coaching career at Notre Dame. He was 105-12-5 in 13 seasons (1918-30), a winning percentage of .881. He is famous for the quote "Show me a gracious loser and I'll show you a failure." He died in an airplane crash in Kansas on March 31, 1931.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                lol... that's great.
                                                                                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                                                                                  Desmond Howard and his little giggle fit he got talking about Golson getting suspended. Those are the main two but honestly it's pretty unprofessional to have two personalities whose only job is seemingly to bash ND all the time. Imagine if they hired two people who just took random shots at Alabama all the time and as far as you could tell they only existed on ESPN to bash the Tide constantly.

I don't really think ESPN as a whole is anti-ND, I just find Mark May and Desmond Howard unprofessional and juvenile. I have solved this problem though by not having cable so I don't watch ESPN and all of their crap. There are problems with that network that go far beyond two idiots talking crap about ND.
                                                                                                  Forgot about pencil neck Desmond. But you do have Lou there trying to counter him and Mark May. And we have Cowturd who is constantly riding our nuts. Win and it shuts them up.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Oklahoma just lost, Alabama just lost. Can ESPN shut the fuck up! and give us our due?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X