Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody give the first episode of Loki a look yet?

Watched it the other night... really enjoyed it, though it was primarily world building for the idea of the Time Variance Authority and its role in the universe(s).

Also cool to see Hiddleston reverse the character development and step back into 'Bad Loki,' though I'm sure it gets reversed again as it did in the MCU, this time through different plot points, obviously.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, and how it ties into everything that's coming up.

(There was also a pretty cool "Oh Shit" moment near the end of the first episode, both for Loki and the audience, when he realizes just what kind of predicament he's in. The TVA ain't nothin' to fuck with!)

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
      Anybody give the first episode of Loki a look yet?

Watched it the other night... really enjoyed it, though it was primarily world building for the idea of the Time Variance Authority and its role in the universe(s).

Also cool to see Hiddleston reverse the character development and step back into 'Bad Loki,' though I'm sure it gets reversed again as it did in the MCU, this time through different plot points, obviously.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, and how it ties into everything that's coming up.

(There was also a pretty cool "Oh Shit" moment near the end of the first episode, both for Loki and the audience, when he realizes just what kind of predicament he's in. The TVA ain't nothin' to fuck with!)
      https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l...eo1_r1_500.gif
      Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

Anybody give the first episode of Loki a look yet?

I gave it a 9.

But compared to Wandavision episode 1, it was a 37.

Comment

• Loki ep1 has been the best Disney+ marvel episode yet

Comment

• Thought it was great. Loved the shots of the TVA city. Looks very different than anything else we've seen in the MCU. Hiddleston is so good as Loki. Talk about perfect casting. Will be interesting to see if they're actually going to be tracking down a Loki from a different timeline. Them not actually showing him make me suspicious. Maybe Lady Loki instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
              Thought it was great. Loved the shots of the TVA city. Looks very different than anything else we've seen in the MCU. Hiddleston is so good as Loki. Talk about perfect casting. Will be interesting to see if they're actually going to be tracking down a Loki from a different timeline. Them not actually showing him make me suspicious. Maybe Lady Loki instead?
              I read a story highlighting that his gender is listed as 'fluid' on his TVA file, which I thought was just a nod to the LGBTQ+ crowd... but perhaps you're on to something, and that was an easter egg with intent for the series and/or his character history.

Comment

• Lady Loki is my guess as to the mysterious villain.
                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Definitely going to be Matt Damon. I've got photos to prove it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                    Definitely going to be Matt Damon. I've got photos to prove it.

Comment

• I was underwhelmed by the F&WS but it had to be rearranged due to COVID so I’m giving it a soft pass. Wanda vision was so great. Very cool show.

I loved episode 1 of Loki. It’s looking like a Dr Who-esqe wit and humor. Mobius seems like a super interesting character and I’m glad Owen took it.

Comment

• Wow, WandaVision really did end up being amazing.

The first two or three episodes in a vacuum wouldn’t hold up to anything... but in the context of the whole series, they are retroactively really good?

Super strong close to the show, really did Wanda justice by turning her into a legitimate superhero through her own trials.

That post-credit scene after the finale though... what does it mean??? Is she learning to be the Scarlett Witch, aka learning how to play the multiverse to get the kids back?

And where did the homie White Vision go?

Lastly, I love how they built up the mystery and delivered it all in the last two episodes. Felt like a really satisfying payoff, in a different way than Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Comment

Wow, WandaVision really did end up being amazing.

The first two or three episodes in a vacuum wouldn’t hold up to anything... but in the context of the whole series, they are retroactively really good?

Super strong close to the show, really did Wanda justice by turning her into a legitimate superhero through her own trials.

That post-credit scene after the finale though... what does it mean??? Is she learning to be the Scarlett Witch, aka learning how to play the multiverse to get the kids back?

Lastly, I love how they built up the mystery and delivered it all in the last two episodes. Felt like a really satisfying payoff, in a different way than Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
                          I could've done the first 3 episodes in 1.5 tops and of course then there's the whole... Kat's not in a tight turtleneck issue that went unresolved.

Comment

Wow, WandaVision really did end up being amazing.

Wanda is the Nexus being (the anti depression commercial refs this) for the main MCU timeline. Her studying and using the Darkhold by herself is very dangerous. She could be being manipulated by Chthonic or some other dark magical entity by doing this. Her hearing her kids likely from another timeline or universe probably sets her off into the multiverse to find them and Dr. Strange had to stop her. Also she was able to stay conscious while she astral projected. Dr. Strange can’t even do that (yet).

Comment

• Fun fact .... in the comics Agatha Harkness was the Richards Family babysitter for a time.

Comment

• Is Anime included in this thread?

Comment

• LOKI

Comment

• Disney+ is amazing… instead of post-credit scenes and one-shot teasers, we get ENTIRE SHOWS to prime the next developments in Phase 4.

Loki spoilers:

if that were phase 1-3, the entirety of Loki season one would’ve been condensed into a 4-minute conversation in a post-credits scene, where Immortus/Kang explains the dangers of branching timelines causing multiversal conflicts, with Loki needing to make a decision on how to proceed. Then Sylvie would show up wearing the Loki horns and wielding his daggers just so you know exactly who she’s supposed to be, she would then knife Kang, and make a snide comment about being the real Loki with long-term vision. Then the camera would pan out of the window of the Citadel, through space, and settle on an alternate version of Kang already zeroing in on Earth 616 or something.

Comment

• I think we will still have post credit scenes, even these new shows have had them

Comment

• I really loved Loki. I know the finale is going to leave a lot of people confused and I've seen people complaining about the amount of exposition, but I think it was a great finale. They were never going to neatly wrap things up. There was always going to be a cliffhanger. And holy shit was that a cliffhanger. The MCU is about to get cray cray.
                                        60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• LOKI SEASON. Dont read unless you seen the full season.

SPOILER I got to say I loved this show. Super important moving forward and..... KANG the CONQUERER!
                                          I have quetions though:
                                          If Kang (I think he was the Immortus character that got killed by Sophie) was controlling the Main MCU Cinematic timeline the whole time, and this show had the 2012 Avengers Loki disrupt the timeline, when did the post Avengers MCU branch? How much did the ANcient One know about this? Dr. Strange?

Gotta think they are heading towards Dr. Doom setting up Secret Wars. Kang is a BAMF.

Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 07-15-2021, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                            I really loved Loki. I know the finale is going to leave a lot of people confused and I've seen people complaining about the amount of exposition, but I think it was a great finale. They were never going to neatly wrap things up. There was always going to be a cliffhanger. And holy shit was that a cliffhanger. The MCU is about to get cray cray.
                                            Gotta think that the finale has allowed for all the other Marvel movies to become canon. Feige is a genius.

Comment

• I didn't realize we have a spoiler tag, that's great.

Comment

• Does anyone watch these videos by this guy. I generally love his videos but man can he talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                  I didn't realize we have a spoiler tag, that's great.
                                                  I think the cats out of the bag but Ima try to keep as much spoiler free in this thread as I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                    LOKI SEASON. Dont read unless you seen the full season.

SPOILER I got to say I loved this show. Super important moving forward and..... KANG the CONQUERER!
                                                    I have quetions though:
                                                    If Kang (I think he was the Immortus character that got killed by Sophie) was controlling the Main MCU Cinematic timeline the whole time, and this show had the 2012 Avengers Loki disrupt the timeline, when did the post Avengers MCU branch? How much did the Ancient One know about this? Dr. Strange?

Gotta think they are heading towards Dr. Doom setting up Secret Wars. Kang is a BAMF.

I'd imagine Loki 2012 getting away with the Tesseract, kicking off the 'Loki' show, would have been an alternate reality, since the Avengers were still able to move forward and stop Thanos in Endgame.

The TVA stepped in to stop Loki's branch reality, since he escaped during the Endgame time heist when he wasn't supposed to.

BUT THEN 2012-Variant-Loki gets involved with the TVA, and SPOILERsuddenly we find that Immortus has orchestrated everything to try and stop a multiversal war, but Sylvie-Variant-Loki can't help her nature, kills him, and sends the multiverse into chaos. So I don't think the post-Avengers MCU ever branched, technically... an alternate timeline branched as part of Immortus' final play to retire, but it didn't work, and now instead of worrying about time branches, we're worrying about overlapping universes... and I guess now that explains why the end of Wandavision was significant, as well as what we know about the next Spider-Man movie, and of course there's the title of the next Doctor Strange...

I didn't know how Marvel could possibly build back up after everything they accomplished with the Infinity Saga; it didn't seem like there could be a crisis that would rival the Snap, or a big-bad that could rival Thanos...

And yet, 6 episodes of a single tv show, supported by another series and some info we know about future installments, and suddenly everything feels like it's on the edge of disaster once again. Amazing.

Comment

I'd imagine Loki 2012 getting away with the Tesseract, kicking off the 'Loki' show, would have been an alternate reality, since the Avengers were still able to move forward and stop Thanos in Endgame.

The TVA stepped in to stop Loki's branch reality, since he escaped during the Endgame time heist when he wasn't supposed to.

BUT THEN 2012-Variant-Loki gets involved with the TVA, and SPOILERsuddenly we find that Immortus has orchestrated everything to try and stop a multiversal war, but Sylvie-Variant-Loki can't help her nature, kills him, and sends the multiverse into chaos. So I don't think the post-Avengers MCU ever branched, technically... an alternate timeline branched as part of Immortus' final play to retire, but it didn't work, and now instead of worrying about time branches, we're worrying about overlapping universes... and I guess now that explains why the end of Wandavision was significant, as well as what we know about the next Spider-Man movie, and of course there's the title of the next Doctor Strange...

I didn't know how Marvel could possibly build back up after everything they accomplished with the Infinity Saga; it didn't seem like there could be a crisis that would rival the Snap, or a big-bad that could rival Thanos...

And yet, 6 episodes of a single tv show, supported by another series and some info we know about future installments, and suddenly everything feels like it's on the edge of disaster once again. Amazing.
                                                      I agree with this.

I definitely think he next issue will be Battleworld/Secret Wars
                                                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret...15_comic_book)
                                                      Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 07-15-2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Semi-related, I've been wondering if Wandavision was a stand-in for 'House of M,' or if there will be ANOTHER Wanda Maximoff mental breakdown or crisis of uncontrolled power in the future.

SPOILERNow that the MCU is almost completely open in terms of IP, you could have Magneto and Quicksilver show up in a Scarlet Witch movie/show down the road. And it seems like Wanda might be using the Darkhold to connect to alternate realities to try and get her family back, based on the post-credits scene in Wandavision. So maybe she has another breakdown trying to get them back in her own show/movie, or maybe not another breakdown but unleashes power she can't control, and instead of creating a hex, she defies Doctor Strange and alters reality itself, which opens the way for a Magneto/X-Men movie about how things have changed in Wanda's new world. Then you get Magneto with his alternate reality family, mutants taking the place of humans, mutant population being decimated, etc. So many options!
                                                        Last edited by IrishLion; 07-15-2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Semi-related, I've been wondering if Wandavision was a stand-in for 'House of M,' or if there will be ANOTHER Wanda Maximoff mental breakdown or crisis of uncontrolled power in the future.

SPOILERNow that the MCU is almost completely open in terms of IP, you could have Magneto and Quicksilver show up in a Scarlet Witch movie/show down the road. And it seems like Wanda might be using the Darkhold to connect to alternate realities to try and get her family back, based on the post-credits scene in Wandavision. So maybe she has another breakdown trying to get them back in her own show/movie, or maybe not another breakdown but unleashes power she can't control, and instead of creating a hex, she defies Doctor Strange and alters reality itself, which opens the way for a Magneto/X-Men movie about how things have changed in Wanda's new world. Then you get Magneto with his alternate reality family, mutants taking the place of humans, mutant population being decimated, etc. So many options!
                                                          My hope is that its not and that they will do the full story justice. Hard to say but thats an amazing story and it cant be done well without "M". PLus I JUST HAVE BELIEVE that Boner will have more meaning than just what he appeared to be in WV.

Comment

• I recently saw Black Widow and my thoughts are that it was exactly the movie it should have been to close her story out. I thought it was great from that point of view.

Comment

• Bought a ton of Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics at an antique mall,… I’ll go through them in more detail this weekend…
                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• I thought Black Widow was pretty meh. I think it was a great introduction to Yelena but at the same time they completely f’n ruined Taskmaster. That was a huge disappointment.
                                                                60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                  I thought Black Widow was pretty meh. I think it was a great introduction to Yelena but at the same time they completely f’n ruined Taskmaster. That was a huge disappointment.
                                                                  Agree on that point. But look at it this way now they can just go into the multiverse to fix everything :) chefs kiss

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                  Working...
                                                                  X