I'm Coming Home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Coming Home...

So I got the job offer I have been trying to get for over three years. The senior position in northern Indiana that brings me back home. My wife and I both grew up on the doorstep of Notre Dame and now… we're finally coming home.

I'm going to be living just over the line in Michigan, but am 15 minutes away from the stadium and 15 miles from the beach. Randomly, my childhood home on the St Joseph River was for sale… so I bought the sob. Moving in at the beginning of May. Super fast, considering I got the offer 6 days ago. haha.

Anyways… I'll be glad to be back. So i'll be tailgating every week and hell... I'll even buy Hollywood a beer sometime.

It's a dream come true for me. So I thought I would share. Here's the view off the back of my new house.

Great smallmouth bass and steelhead fishing right in front of my house, my favorite little trout stream down the street, duck hunting in my backyard and my favorite football team right down the highway. All my family and a bunch of my friends all within a 5 mile radius. It's been a long time since I left this place. I'm glad to be home.
    Originally posted by koonja
    I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Awesome. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats, Wooly!

Comment

Sounds like a little slice of heaven, congratulations!

Comment

Congrats Wooly!

Comment

That is pretty awesome, man. Congrats.

Comment

I'm happy for you my friend. Welcome home.

Comment

Wow. Incredible Wooly really happy for you. My job would not afford me the opportunity to get back to South Bend to live, but in addition to college, I lived there on two separate occasions. The first time I was real little and went to St. Anthony's. Then later we moved back and I lived in Granger and went to Christ the King and St. Joseph's High School for a year. Really love that area, a great place to grow up, as you know. Maybe a great place to retire to (we'll see). Congrats to you and the Mrs.!
                Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Congrats you lucky dog.

Comment

I fully expect to be able to tailgate with yous guys in the near future. I am planning on coming up for a game.

Comment

Nothing better than when dreams become real.

Comment

Congrats dude

Comment

wooly, super happy for you man. have to catch you at tailgate this year and take you up on that fishing!
                          Prehistoric

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k-ImCpNqbJw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Diddy did it

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M0yIXirn49s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                            If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

congrats wooly....the good ole midwest will welcome you back with open arms.
                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                So I got the job offer I have been trying to get for over three years. The senior position in northern Indiana that brings me back home. My wife and I both grew up on the doorstep of Notre Dame and now… we're finally coming home.

I'm going to be living just over the line in Michigan, but am 15 minutes away from the stadium and 15 miles from the beach. Randomly, my childhood home on the St Joseph River was for sale… so I bought the sob. Moving in at the beginning of May. Super fast, considering I got the offer 6 days ago. haha.

Anyways… I'll be glad to be back. So i'll be tailgating every week and hell... I'll even buy Hollywood a beer sometime.

It's a dream come true for me. So I thought I would share. Here's the view off the back of my new house.

Great smallmouth bass and steelhead fishing right in front of my house, my favorite little trout stream down the street, duck hunting in my backyard and my favorite football team right down the highway. All my family and a bunch of my friends all within a 5 mile radius. It's been a long time since I left this place. I'm glad to be home.
                                Congrats Wooly. I was away from home in Pa for 16 years before returning about 7 years ago. It is a great feeling.

Comment

Congratulations Wooly, welcome home. As another "just over the line" fan, would love to grab a beer sometime.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Fantastic news! Congrats Wooly! I'm crashing on your couch on football weekends, cool? ;0)

Comment

Very nice! Congrats
                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Sounds awesome. Really happy for you.

Comment

I'm going to be living just over the line in Michigan
                                            I can't believe so many of you glossed over this. There you have it folks... born in Michigan... going back to Michigan... the signs are all there.... Wooly is a skunkbear. We have a spy among us. It's hang 'en time.

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations wooly.

Comment

Good for you Wooly!!
                                                MZ is the QB for me!!!!

Comment

Is kuenja already sleeping on your couch?

Comment

Awesome. I'd be fishing in my back yard every night if I were there.
                                                    60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Congrats man. Sounds like a dream come true. What town just over the line is the new/old house? I spent my first ten years in Galien and Bridgman then moved up to Coloma. Just curious.

Comment

Welcome home, man. Congratulations!

Comment

When I read your post, I thought of this quote... I dont know why

"And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

Congrats wooly. Hope you enjoy getting back home and hope your new position brings you good fortune.

Comment

Cool how that all worked out for you Wooly congrats.

Comment

Cool how that all worked out for you Wooly congrats. I will be at blue gold game this weekend so to all others going GO IRISH I feel like victory is at hand.

Comment

Yep I'm a stupid for 2 of the same post.

Comment

Maybe you and NDinLA can settle up like men now?

Comment

Congrats. Looks like a great place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                                                        I fully expect to be able to tailgate with yous guys in the near future. I am planning on coming up for a game.
                                                                        I'll go one step further. Wooly, I'm staying at your house for ND games.

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post

Congrats!

Comment

congrats man! must feel good!!!
                                                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #39

Congrats!
                                                                              Koon - Your place got a pool?

Wooly - We have a river in the back. We have a pool and a river... River'd be good for you.

Koon - CANNONBALL

Ha... anytime Koon.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Effin A man! That's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  So does this mean your job is open in Denver? Because I think that'd be an awesome place to live for a while!

After the reputation I've worked so hard to build on IE, I have no doubt you'll be a reference for me.

But seriously, how did you like your time in Colorado? Some of my friends love it there.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Congrats man. I'm glad that you'll be able to make the home games.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      So does this mean your job is open in Denver? Because I think that'd be an awesome place to live for a while!

After the reputation I've worked so hard to build on IE, I have no doubt you'll be a reference for me.

But seriously, how did you like your time in Colorado? Some of my friends love it there.
                                                                                      I've lived in Buffalo, NY the last year for work, but lived in CO for almost 10 years. I effing loved it. Sunny every day, mild winter but ridiculous skiing in the mountains. Great beer. Beautiful women. Everybody is happy and likes to be outside.

I think everyone should get a chance to live somewhere cool in their 20's. One day, you might find a lil' lady that wants to de-pedal your flower and then it will be too late to move around. I believe that a full life has a lot of chapters. It's a shame if the entire book takes place in one place.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I've lived in Buffalo, NY the last year for work, but lived in CO for almost 10 years. I effing loved it. Sunny every day, mild winter but ridiculous skiing in the mountains. Great beer. Beautiful women. Everybody is happy and likes to be outside.

I think everyone should get a chance to live somewhere cool in their 20's. One day, you might find a lil' lady that wants to de-pedal your flower and then it will be too late to move around. I believe that a full life has a lot of chapters. It's a shame if the entire book takes place in one place.
                                                                                        Yeah, that's kind of why I moved. Although I'm not comparing Ohio to Colorado at all because Colorado is way funner, Columbus >>> Anywhere in Wisconsin.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          It took you 3 years to be the manager at Costco?

But seriously, congrats el Dude!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Congrats. I have lived a little over an hour from the stadium most of my life. I never really new how blessed I was until Kelly took over.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Congrats Wooly, I'll be back home for some bow hunting the week before the ND vs NW game, and I'll be there. We will have to grab a beer! Happy for ya!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                It's my dream to live on a body of water "when I grow up". Preferably the ocean, but any body of water will do. I'm happy your dream is coming true. Congratulations and best of luck with your new job.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Congrats, Wooly. Now get to work on a shed out back we can stay in on game days. Nothing elaborate, just running water, a sofa, a fridge, a pool table and a hot tub. That should about do it.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    #FuckMichigan

Congrats. I live in the mitten as well. Just not in an area quite as beautiful.
                                                                                                    #TeamKizer

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X