ANOTHER GEORGE O'LEARY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER GEORGE O'LEARY

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>South Florida Bulls kill coaching deal with Steve Masiello for lying on his resume <a href="http://t.co/IeXWnBzLxG">http://t.co/IeXWnBzLxG</a></p>&mdash; Football Rumor Mill (@fbrumormill) <a href="https://twitter.com/fbrumormill/statuses/448835203294068737">March 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

even coaches cant seem to graduate from that place...

Comment

Uh, since he wasn't required to go to class, or get grades to be eligible AND stay in school ... why didn't UK confer a degree?

Comment

I'm surprised that coaches have "resumes" to begin with. Why does his education matter in regards to coaching? It doesn't change his coaching experience whatsoever.
        Originally posted by koonja
        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
          I'm surprised that coaches have "resumes" to begin with. Why does his education matter in regards to coaching? It doesn't change his coaching experience whatsoever.
          True, but it obviously shows his character.

Why lie about your resume?
          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Originally posted by Henges24 View Post

Because, when it comes to major college athletic coaching gigs... character is always such a major selling point.........
            There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Henges24 View Post

Because you won't get to the interview without the credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                Because, when it comes to major college athletic coaching gigs... character is always such a major selling point.........
                But the ability to lie convincingly is. So maybe the resume is a low hurdle designed to weed out the impolitik schmucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                  Yes it does.

Because otherwise you can have the said George O'Leary, or Bobby Petrino, Lane Kiffen, or any other coach that has brought bad press to a university.
                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                    But the ability to lie convincingly is. So maybe the resume is a low hurdle designed to weed out the impolitik schmucks.
                    Yep... I just find it funny that a resume issue somehow reflects character, when in reality it doesn't remotely matter with most of these hires... “Don’t lie to us about your history, but lie to everyone from here on out so long as it helps you win games.”

Maybe I'm just jaded.
                    There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

This happened to a basketball coach Rutgers highered a year or so ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                        Because you won't get to the interview without the credentials.
                        Graduating from college is a required credential for a basketball coach?

I would bet that if he simply had written that he didn't graduate, he would be their coach right now.

Comment

I would bet that if he simply had written that he didn't graduate, he would be their coach right now.

List the Division 1 coaches that don't have a degree ... and are working.

1. Steve Masiello (who will probably be unemployed soon)

Comment

List the Division 1 coaches that don't have a degree ... and are working.

1. Steve Masiello (who will probably be unemployed soon)

So… it's not a requirement then?

Comment

So… it's not a requirement then?
                              Can't cite anybody, can you?

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. I can't cite a specific job application but have been told by those in the profession that an undergraduate degree is required.

I know two former college assistants in Division II and III that were hired on the basis that they completed their undergraduate degree on an specific schedule. When they didn't get their degrees, they both were not renewed and could not find a paid position in their field.

Requirements to Be a College Football Coach | LIVESTRONG.COM

Tips On Becoming A College Basketball Coach - The Breakthrough Basketball Blog

HowStuffWorks "How to Become a Basketball Coach"
                              Last edited by BGIF; 03-26-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Sometimes those who cheat in small ways ruin their chances to cheat in big ways.

Comment

Can't cite anybody, can you?

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. I can't cite a specific job application but have been told by those in the profession that an undergraduate degree is required.

I know two former college assistants in Division II and III that were hired on the basis that they completed their undergraduate degree on an specific schedule. When they didn't get their degrees, they both were not renewed and could not find a paid position in their field.

Requirements to Be a College Football Coach | LIVESTRONG.COM

Tips On Becoming A College Basketball Coach - The Breakthrough Basketball Blog

HowStuffWorks "How to Become a Basketball Coach"
                                  Fine… i'll scour the internet to serve your sensibilities. None of those links say that it is a written requirement by the NCAA to be college graduate.

Eddie Jordan - Rutgers

Registrar's office says new Rutgers hoops coach Eddie Jordan didn't graduate - ESPN New York

I never said that most have one. I just said that it's not a requirement, nor do I get why it's important.

Comment

Fine&hellip; i'll scour the internet to serve your sensibilities. None of those links say that it is a written requirement by the NCAA to be college graduate.

Eddie Jordan - Rutgers

Registrar's office says new Rutgers hoops coach Eddie Jordan didn't graduate - ESPN New York

I never said that most have one. I just said that it's not a requirement, nor do I get why it's important.

Told you that happened with the Rutgers basketball coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

svp show talked about this at length...svp stated they (usf)paid some firm 60,000 to review resumes that applied and his must have never been checked....the ru coach is NOW taking courses to graduate

Comment

But he probably wouldn't have gotten the Manhattan job in the first place, I'll wager.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishJayhawk View Post
                                          But he probably wouldn't have gotten the Manhattan job in the first place, I'll wager.
                                          Yeah. I think people are more apt to stretch the truth on their resume early in their career trying to get a job. Then they never go back and correct it...maybe even starting to believe it themselves.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">George O&#39;Leary&#39;s program has had a major NCAA infractions case &amp; a wrongful death case. Sure, why not make him interim AD?</p>&mdash; Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) <a href="https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/613372328924155904">June 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                            Working...
                                            X