• Show
Clear All

• IE MIA's

Patulski? ... Patulski? ... Patulski?

Last signed on 11/10/13.

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
    Patulski? ... Patulski? ... Patulski?

Last signed on 11/10/13.

Sounds like the Pittsburgh loss was his breaking point.

Comment

he was the biggest debbie downer.....not missed/thread
      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

HereComeTheIrish is missed more

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
          He's still here. Last logged on 2/9/14.

(pssst, he's incognito as EddyTo Now but don't tell anyone.)

Comment

Where art thou, GITF?
            This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

#FreePat

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                Where art thou, GITF?
                Was logged on 8 days ago but last post is shown as 09-12-2013.

(hmm, wasn't that about the same time beau became a mod?)

Comment

Epitome? Anybody Heard from him?

Oh that's right, Nevermind.

Comment

JohnnyKills?
                    "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                      JohnnyKills?
                      Cando!

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post

The hero Gotham needs . . .

Comment

He's still here. Last logged on 2/9/14.

(pssst, he's incognito as EddyTo Now but don't tell anyone.)
                          I knew he was back but couldn't remember what his handle was. Thanks.

Comment

Stonebreakerwasgod

Comment

Originally posted by NDFan4Life View Post
                              Stonebreakerwasgod
                              Pretty sure he still posts on gold helmet. Same as mlcspinner. Both were solid posters, I don't understand really why they don't come back. They left when this site was experiencing barely any traffic. Now, gold helmet seems lucky if they get 5 posts a day.

Comment

This, he needs to post if he's lurking! West Coast is a lurker that needs to post moar too, dude is funny

Comment

GITF's last post was almost exactly a month ago:
                                  Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                  In Hotlanta tonight where they have gotten 2 inches of snow and women are giving birth to babies in the middle of gridlock.... Terrapin Hospecutioner is a damn good IPA
                                  So either:
                                  1. He died in the Atlanta chaos.
                                  2. He drank too much Hopsecutioner (who could blame him?) and is still sleeping it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post

His plane flamed out ... (we live in fame or go down in flames) over his classic thread:

Who ever close my thread earlier this week
                                    I'm suggest that you think twice about closing anymore of my threads. I'm the only one with a little insight to the program on this board. Time and time again I let you guys know that something will happen. Why the disrespect. ...

Reading back through that thread he really didn't flame out. He at full throttle through the deck.

Comment

irishunclebill?
                                      The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                        #FreePat
                                        if there were a way to "bail someone out" on IE to get them probation, I'd do it for Pat.
                                        The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Pretty sure he still posts on gold helmet. Same as mlcspinner. Both were solid posters, I don't understand really why they don't come back. They left when this site was experiencing barely any traffic. Now, gold helmet seems lucky if they get 5 posts a day.
                                          Stonebreaker was a mod here back when the original owner sold this site. Stonie could be a very funny guy but also had a dark side. Before Golden Helmet opened (there was a non compete period) there was a invitation only board called "WeAreND" a.k.a. "FightClub" where many of the '05 and '06 IE members migrated after IE was sold. Stonie instigated a small group of WeAreND posters to go on IE raids to put the new owner, alledgedly a Muslim from Canada, out of business.

Stonie would open phoney accounts and start fights between posters sometimes being the only individual in the fight posting under multiple handles. It wasn't just football or political arguments. The fights got personal and vicious. He would change users titles into gay and ethnic slurs. Posters who tried to intervene and called for civility became targets of the attacks and many left the board. Many of the IE mods at the time were unaware of the saboteur in their midst and were overwhelmed by the level of hostility.

After an IE "raid" Stonie would brag on WeAreND about his latest mischief and the loss of traffic on IE as it sunk into the slime. I know this as I was a member on WeAreND and a beta tester on GH. I had post #1 on GH. I spoke out against the raids on WeAre ZnD. The original owner of IE and later owner of WeAreND and GoldenHelmet asked everyone to stop the IE raids but Stonie was having too much fun playing Donald Segretti to stop.

As GH grew the attacks on IE lessened but IE was largely comatose then. GoshenGipper and few others led IE back from the edge of extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                            if there were a way to "bail someone out" on IE to get them probation, I'd do it for Pat.
                                            Ill be his sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                              irishunclebill?
                                              IUB was banned from IE. I don't know the story. As a mod you can read the list of Banned posters and while scrolling through the list one day I found IUB's name.

IUB'S was a frequent poster on other boards. I remember him as a mod on another board (IrishFans???) before IE. He was a knowledgeable poster ("because I said so, dammit") and didn't care to be questioned about a post of his (our jasonh from Cali got banned on GH for challenging a post of IUB's, jasonh was right). After IE, IUB moved to GH and became a mod/recruiting guy there.

Comment

IUB was banned from IE. I don't know the story. As a mod you can read the list of Banned posters and while scrolling through the list one day I found IUB's name.

IUB'S was a frequent poster on other boards. I remember him as a mod on another board (IrishFans???) before IE. He was a knowledgeable poster ("because I said so, dammit") and didn't care to be questioned about a post of his (our jasonh from Cali got banned on GH for challenging a post of IUB's, jasonh was right). After IE, IUB moved to GH and became a mod/recruiting guy there.
                                                Speaking of jasonh

Comment

Yeah, stoney is a reg at GH... great guy, but obvioulsy too playful at times... i know he rubs some wrong, but I tend to like IUB also...

I miss me some Jasonh... that guy just kind of.... left.
                                                  Last edited by ACamp1900; 02-27-2014, 01:23 PM.
                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

I had no idea Stony was up to such mischief. I was around back then on both IE and Gold Helmet, but didn't ever get the whole competetive thing between the two boards. I'd see posts every now and then that talked about how "bad" IE had become, but I guess I always preferred it to GH, which I always thought took itself a bit too seriously for my taste. IUB, who was a good source of information, became increasingly abrasive as time went on and at some point I came to the conclusion that his information wasn't worth his smug attitude so I essentially just stayed on IE full time. Gold Helmet is all but a cyber ghost town anymore. I have to believe it is because I don't post there anymore.

Comment

Stonebreaker was a mod here back when the original owner sold this site. Stonie could be a very funny guy but also had a dark side. Before Golden Helmet opened (there was a non compete period) there was a invitation only board called "WeAreND" a.k.a. "FightClub" where many of the '05 and '06 IE members migrated after IE was sold. Stonie instigated a small group of WeAreND posters to go on IE raids to put the new owner, alledgedly a Muslim from Canada, out of business.

Stonie would open phoney accounts and start fights between posters sometimes being the only individual in the fight posting under multiple handles. It wasn't just football or political arguments. The fights got personal and vicious. He would change users titles into gay and ethnic slurs. Posters who tried to intervene and called for civility became targets of the attacks and many left the board. Many of the IE mods at the time were unaware of the saboteur in their midst and were overwhelmed by the level of hostility.

After an IE "raid" Stonie would brag on WeAreND about his latest mischief and the loss of traffic on IE as it sunk into the slime. I know this as I was a member on WeAreND and a beta tester on GH. I had post #1 on GH. I spoke out against the raids on WeAre ZnD. The original owner of IE and later owner of WeAreND and GoldenHelmet asked everyone to stop the IE raids but Stonie was having too much fun playing Donald Segretti to stop.

As GH grew the attacks on IE lessened but IE was largely comatose then. GoshenGipper and few others led IE back from the edge of extinction.
                                                      Thanks for the history lesson. I joined IE in '09 and it didn't seem very lively at the time, so I jumped over to GH for a while. Even though IUB seemed to have a lot of inside knowledge, it seemed to dry up, so I started posting on IE a lot more. Haven't been on GH in over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                        Speaking of jasonh
                                                        Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                        Yeah, stoney is a reg at GH... great guy... i know he rubs some wrong, but I tend to like IUB also...

He moved to the II board. And the II board is garbage.

Comment

Yeah, stoney is a reg at GH... great guy... i know he rubs some wrong, but I tend to like IUB also...

He hit puberty ... went to college ... got a life.

Everybody doesn't end up with a job where they get paid while they post on the internet.

Comment

GoshenGipper and few others led IE back from the edge of extinction.
                                                            ... PHAM and LMI were two other key members of that group.

btw, I remeber Stoney being playful with a few posters, I actually believe i played with him once or twice, but never knew it was a purposeful thing to hurt any board... you sure about that?
                                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Everybody doesn't end up with a job where they get paid while they post on the internet.
                                                              Sucks to be them....

Comment

Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
                                                                I had no idea Stony was up to such mischief. I was around back then on both IE and Gold Helmet, but didn't ever get the whole competetive thing between the two boards. I'd see posts every now and then that talked about how "bad" IE had become, but I guess I always preferred it to GH, which I always thought took itself a bit too seriously for my taste. IUB, who was a good source of information, became increasingly abrasive as time went on and at some point I came to the conclusion that his information wasn't worth his smug attitude so I essentially just stayed on IE full time. Gold Helmet is all but a cyber ghost town anymore. I have to believe it is because I don't post there anymore.
                                                                You wouldn't unless you were on WeAreND and saw the posts.

I have no idea why GH dried up. Perhaps the owner moved on to another venture. His brother ran an OSU board and that lead him to start an ND board, IE. Back when he was starting GH, he told me hiastral was an NFL board.

Comment

I like Jason H too. And the deer. I have a new tested deer cage. Can we talk probation. I miss Kissme, too. She brightened up everyone, except Denard and his minions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                                                    I miss Kissme, too. She brightened up everyone, except Denard and his minions.
                                                                    Need more women, too much sausage around here. Wheres Trojan Princess? She even fired back against the trolls from other teams on this site, it was beautiful....even if it felt dirty.

Comment

I have no idea why GH dried up. Perhaps the owner moved on to another venture. His brother ran an OSU board and that lead him to start an ND board, IE. Back when he was starting GH, he told me hiastral was an NFL board.
                                                                      Yeah, I didn't join the WeAreND. I just joined the sites to have access to ND information and for a few laughs. I leave the business of the sites to others. Thanks for the info though. As I said, I had no idea.

Comment

It doesn't help them that if you google "Notre Dame message boards" it comes up on the second page. That has to hurt traffic and getting new members.

Comment

... PHAM and LMI were two other key members of that group.

btw, I remeber Stoney being playful with a few posters, I actually believe i played with him once or twice, but never knew it was a purposeful thing to hurt any board... you sure about that?
                                                                          Crystal! He spoke with relish and detail about his subterfuge. He used to come on WAND and post links back to his IE hijinks. The links were deleted by the owner as WAND was not a public site and the owner didn't want links connected to it. When he sold IE to Josef, the original owner agreed to stay on IE as technical administrator during the non compete period. He kept his original
                                                                          IE user name, IrishEnvy. That user name was taken over by the present owners.

WAND was created after Mike Frank and another recruiting site owner served Cease and Desist notice on IE and Domer Domain for re-posting copyrighted material. The DD original owner was a high school kid. Both sites quickly were placed up for sale as the owners feared the expense of legal action. WAND was created in part to circumvent the non compete but also to spit in the face of the Ceaee and desist. Instead of pasting parts of copyrighted material with attribution they now were just cut and pasted in entirety. WAND became a pirate site.
                                                                          Last edited by BGIF; 02-27-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I know all the history... just not that Stone was purposefully attempting anything malicious... but thanks for taking the time BG...

Comment

• #39
                                                                              His brother ran an OSU board and that lead him to start an ND board, IE.
                                                                              Which one?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                His plane flamed out ... (we live in fame or go down in flames) .
                                                                                <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g450eyrN7Pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                  Which one?
                                                                                  I don't recall that was about 7 or 8 years ago and I had no interest in OSU football. Buckeye Planet vaguely comes to mind but that could be cross-connected synapses. The OSU board predates IE start in '05. Both he and his brother lived in Ohio but I don't recall if either were OSU alumni.

We swapped some emails and snail mail about the possibility of making it happen as we had some common interest. About 10 years earlier, I and two others were running a site that Rivals wanted in their empire. At the 11th hour we walked away and put the site to bed.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Wow this is the by far one of the most interesting threads I've ever read on this site. Seriously, you combine 2 of my favorite topics Notre Dame and history. For real, talking about rivalries between the sites. Even got one poster, Stoner, going rouge and leading raids against this site after a hostile take over by the infidel. Shits crazy. Then you got the recruiting hierarchy of Mike Frank and the pay sites instigating an Inquisition against the free sites over stolen material from their hegemony of recruiting info. This leads to We Are ND members becoming pirates. Interesting.....

At least thats how I read it.

Wow so much political intrigue, ND just got Game of Thones on my ass.
                                                                                    .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Never knew any of that about Stoney--that is highly disappointing. I even sold him tickets to a game at a fairly discounted rate a few years back because I took him as a good guy.
                                                                                      Last edited by notredomer23; 02-27-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        HCTI and I did out Stoney as a spy for the bucknuts board once...

....

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I wish I knew what happened to NankerPhelge.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I don't recall that was about 7 or 8 years ago and I had no interest in OSU football. Buckeye Planet vaguely comes to mind but that could be cross-connected synapses. The OSU board predates IE start in '05. Both he and his brother lived in Ohio but I don't recall if either were OSU alumni.

We swapped some emails and snail mail about the possibility of making it happen as we had some common interest. About 10 years earlier, I and two others were running a site that Rivals wanted in their empire. At the 11th hour we walked away and put the site to bed.
                                                                                            Ha, it probably was Buckeye Planet. It is/was one of the bigger Buckeye sites going back to the mid 2000s. I was just curious as I've been over there since the '06 Fiesta Bowl. I used to be part of a small Irish board called ND Fans, or something like that (It got hacked and destroyed shortly before I found IE and joined in 2011). Anyway, BP was pretty friendly and invited a bunch of Irish posters over at the time of the BCS game. They were pretty cool back then, but as time went on there was a growing distaste for all things Irish. There were always a few Buckeyes that didn't care for Notre Dame, but it became more vocal as the years went on. I stick around despite this, mostly trying to break stereotypes of the typical Irish "Orange Creme Margarita drinking" fan. Theres occasionally some good discussion over there, but the site appears to be on the decline as other OSU boards have popped up.

If it is BP, I just thought it was funny that both of the football forums I frequent the most were started by the same two brothers. The only other football forum I frequent regularly these days is ShaggyBevo, but that's less about football and more about the lulz.
                                                                                            Last edited by ulukinatme; 02-27-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I see BGIF still holds a grudge.
                                                                                              Last edited by stonebreakerwasgod; 02-27-2014, 03:54 PM.
                                                                                              Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Well things just got interesting.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I still feel I was and always will be the best Mod IE ever had
                                                                                                    GoshenGipper the true Superman

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X