Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDdomer2
    replied
    wife and I started "You" on netflix, pretty good so far.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Just watched Dave Chapelle's Netflix special, "The Closer". Pretty good. Has the LGBTQ community up in arms.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Saints of Newark... Shoulda been a series.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

He's back to the bad guy ways that made him a star. His character Schillenger on OZ is an all time great character right up there with Al Swearengen on Deadwood.

I finished E-3 today. E 1-2 were weird for sure.
    Never watched OZ. May have to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Just finished Goliath. Moved from LA to San Francisco for the backdrop. Bruce Dern and JK Simmons join for S4. Didn't care for the first two episodes, but it got rolling in E3. You'll love to hate JK Simmons in Goliath.
    He's back to the bad guy ways that made him a star. His character Schillenger on OZ is an all time great character right up there with Al Swearengen on Deadwood.

I finished E-3 today. E 1-2 were weird for sure.

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
    I just finished The Young Pope.

I rather enjoyed it.

Starting The New Pope now and I have a very strong feeling it will not live up to the first season.
    Cinematography in the Young Pope is off the chain.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Just finished Goliath. Moved from LA to San Francisco for the backdrop. Bruce Dern and JK Simmons join for S4. Didn't care for the first two episodes, but it got rolling in E3. You'll love to hate JK Simmons in Goliath.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    S4 of Goliath premiers September 24 on Prime. Not a big fan of Billy Bob Thorton, but he is outstanding in Goliath. Personally, I think Goliath is on par with the other top rated series like Ozarks, Yellowstone, Bosch, etc.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    I just finished The Young Pope.

I rather enjoyed it.

Starting The New Pope now and I have a very strong feeling it will not live up to the first season.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Last night I watched an NFL Football game with over 100 combined pass attempts and the game lasted close to four hours. The team that won had a middle aged QB1 and 4 turnovers.

Then I watched the new Ted Lasso episode.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by phillyirish View Post

I think they always planned for a season 5, it definitely wasn’t supposed to end with the season 4 finale…. As awesome as it was. Season 5 of breaking bad got split so the 2nd 8 episodes aired almost a year later. But it’s amazing and in the Guinness book of world records for as the most acclaimed television season ever.

I just started Reservation Dogs on Hulu (I think, could be wrong). Real solid show, not spectacular as of yet, but interesting and great characters all around.
    Finished Breaking Bad last night.

So many quirky things that made you laugh like Walt's windshield getting busted up all the time or how it seemed he always had a black eye. lol

Writers did a good job of keeping you from hating him given he had turned into a raging murderer who didn't give a F.

Aaron Paul is an excellent actor.

Liked how some opening scenes were hints of things to come a few episodes later.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    WW2 in HD on Netflix.. I'm getting to a stage in life where I can't really get into shows anymore, anything scripted better be a true story at least or I'm just not able to get into it....
    I really enjoy most anything on WWII. I've watched those recommended by Calvegas04. Pretty interesting

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
    Binge this guy on youtube, amazing stories from WW2 that you most likely never heard of

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfC...1-fxyotS1ONgww
    IDk if it was you or not but he was recommended on here a while back... I have the channel saved but have not dived in yet... thanks

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
    Please let this be good.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    WW2 in HD on Netflix.. I'm getting to a stage in life where I can't really get into shows anymore, anything scripted better be a true story at least or I'm just not able to get into it....
    Binge this guy on youtube, amazing stories from WW2 that you most likely never heard of

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfC...1-fxyotS1ONgww

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Freaks and Geeks on Hulu.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phillyirish
    replied
    Wrapped up S4 of Breaking Bad. Up to E4 of S5. S5 is pretty good, but given the last episode of S4 and the change in S5 it seems like there weren't any plans for S5 and they convinced everyone to do another season? Or maybe there may have been some contract negotiations going on during S4 and things didn't look promising so they did the S4 finale they way they did? Anyone know?
    I think they always planned for a season 5, it definitely wasn’t supposed to end with the season 4 finale…. As awesome as it was. Season 5 of breaking bad got split so the 2nd 8 episodes aired almost a year later. But it’s amazing and in the Guinness book of world records for as the most acclaimed television season ever.

I just started Reservation Dogs on Hulu (I think, could be wrong). Real solid show, not spectacular as of yet, but interesting and great characters all around.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Wrapped up S4 of Breaking Bad. Up to E4 of S5. S5 is pretty good, but given the last episode of S4 and the change in S5 it seems like there weren't any plans for S5 and they convinced everyone to do another season? Or maybe there may have been some contract negotiations going on during S4 and things didn't look promising so they did the S4 finale they way they did? Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
    I've recently started watching something that seems odd for me, but I'm enjoying it: Gunsmoke. 20 seasons of the old TV classic and I'm almost through season 1. I'm not even much of a western fan, but the show has its charms. It's a bit more suggestive than I'd have imagined a show from that era being. They're not explicit, but they they don't leave much doubt about how Miss Kitty earns her living and that Matt drops by for a visit occasionally. Amanda Blake as Miss Kitty looked garish and over-made-up & rough in later seasons, but in the early episodes, she's still in her late 20's and quite good looking. It's fun to see so many actors in bit or guest roles that you know later went on to be big stars.
    I grew up with Westerns when they were in their heyday. Gunsmoke still holds the record for longest running western. They replaced Chester with Festus because Dennis Weaver wanted to do other roles. James Arness brother was none other than Peter Graves of Mission Impossible and Airplane fame.

If you like westerns try Maverick with James Garner.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    I've recently started watching something that seems odd for me, but I'm enjoying it: Gunsmoke. 20 seasons of the old TV classic and I'm almost through season 1. I'm not even much of a western fan, but the show has its charms. It's a bit more suggestive than I'd have imagined a show from that era being. They're not explicit, but they they don't leave much doubt about how Miss Kitty earns her living and that Matt drops by for a visit occasionally. Amanda Blake as Miss Kitty looked garish and over-made-up & rough in later seasons, but in the early episodes, she's still in her late 20's and quite good looking. It's fun to see so many actors in bit or guest roles that you know later went on to be big stars.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Enjoyed Zero Zero Zero.

Finally got around to watching Breaking Bad. Currently in the middle of S3. You do have to accept a few liberties here and there, but a really good show.
    And Hank's from the shadow of the Golden Dome. Prolly ran around the neighborhood with Chuckie putting firecrackers in folk's mailboxes.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Enjoyed Zero Zero Zero.

Finally got around to watching Breaking Bad. Currently in the middle of S3. You do have to accept a few liberties here and there, but a really good show.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

People keep saying that this season isn't good because it has no central conflict...

I say people can fuck off. The show gives me a greater warm and fuzzy than any other show I've watched, and it does it with nearly every episode.

Plus, I think there is a conflict: the quest for promotion. They've just left it on the back burner to continue building Lasso's impact on everyone involved with the organization. With the ending to the last episode, it felt like a half-season ending of sorts, where they are now set up for the real action... winning some games, and the drama that goes with it.

(And not that it matters, but the critics get to binge the whole season, and they generally scored it high, meaning a conflict IS coming, and the conclusion is satisfying.)
    I think it has become within our nature to like something and then just as quickly dislike it. This show is still good even if watching it week to week. The first season was excellent, yes, but this season so far has also been quite good. It's fine.

Finished up Zero Zero Zero on Amazon Prime. Very well done and very good, with an opening for a second season. No one of real note in it either, at least not anyone whose name or face I can recognize other than Gabriel Byrne.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Yea, she was very resourceful. I loved her idea with digging into the ground for her shelter. I liked both her and the winner quite a bit so I would've been happy with either one. I actually really liked Colter as well. Man, building that boat I thought was going to be the ticket for sure. I was very surprised it didn't work out better for him.
    She had the mental stones to last if she had food. Surprised Clay was the only one of the last four that tried snares.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    We’ve really enjoyed most of the Harlan Coben series on Netflix. And, Safe, was no different. We just finished that last night and really enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    I watched the Stone Cold Steve Austin one but haven’t caught the others. I’ll need to do that. Loved the WWF/WCW years of wrestling.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied

Yea, she was very resourceful. I loved her idea with digging into the ground for her shelter. I liked both her and the winner quite a bit so I would've been happy with either one. I actually really liked Colter as well. Man, building that boat I thought was going to be the ticket for sure. I was very surprised it didn't work out better for him.
    best boat ive seen made in the series but it seemed like he didnt utilize it to its fullest. I was surprised when he got medically tapped out.

I loved the ground shelter but initially thought it was going to be something that did her in. Large energy expenditure.

Any of you grow up watching WWF/WCW? A&E has the a biography series on a lot of your childhood favorites that are pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

He had a string of rabbit late that probably kept him in it, she just flat out gave up on anything but foraging or she would have def lasted much longer.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    The Ted Lasso Christmas episode for the 5th time now.

And Friday's episode, the last ten minutes are pure television gold.
    People keep saying that this season isn't good because it has no central conflict...

I say people can fuck off. The show gives me a greater warm and fuzzy than any other show I've watched, and it does it with nearly every episode.

Plus, I think there is a conflict: the quest for promotion. They've just left it on the back burner to continue building Lasso's impact on everyone involved with the organization. With the ending to the last episode, it felt like a half-season ending of sorts, where they are now set up for the real action... winning some games, and the drama that goes with it.

(And not that it matters, but the critics get to binge the whole season, and they generally scored it high, meaning a conflict IS coming, and the conclusion is satisfying.)

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

Watched this the other day too. We’ll done but as you note, would have been good to hear some of the Pistons side of the story. Stephen Jackson I thought was funny.

Tinsley was a straight thug when he was in Indy. Pacers should have left him at Club Rio.
    Never cared for Tinsley. Never made the effort to be what he could have been.

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    Just watched Malice at the Palace on Netflix. Not bad. Would have liked to had more from the Piston side. Primarily interviewed Reggie, Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal. Pacers had a team that could have won the championship that year. In the end, I think Jamal Tinsley deserves as much blame as anyone. Pacers are up big late in the game over the defending champs. Artest is dialed in and playing under control until Tinsley says, "Okay, you can go get your foul now". Stephen Jackson is like WTF? The rest is history.
    Watched this the other day too. We’ll done but as you note, would have been good to hear some of the Pistons side of the story. Stephen Jackson I thought was funny.

Tinsley was a straight thug when he was in Indy. Pacers should have left him at Club Rio.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Alone Spoiler alert!

Alone wrapped up with three people left on the final episode. After 74 days, one dude just couldn't handle being away from the family. Down to a chick and a guy form Idaho that had bagged a deer earlier. Latest health check cost the chick. She lost too much weight and was sustaining herself on berries. If it wasn't for that, she might have won. $500K to the guy from Idaho.
    He had a string of rabbit late that probably kept him in it, she just flat out gave up on anything but foraging or she would have def lasted much longer.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Alone Spoiler alert!

Alone wrapped up with three people left on the final episode. After 74 days, one dude just couldn't handle being away from the family. Down to a chick and a guy form Idaho that had bagged a deer earlier. Latest health check cost the chick. She lost too much weight and was sustaining herself on berries. If it wasn't for that, she might have won. $500K to the guy from Idaho.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    The Ted Lasso Christmas episode for the 5th time now.

And Friday's episode, the last ten minutes are pure television gold.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    I just watched Ford vs Ferrari on a plane and it was exceptional. One of the better movies I've seen in years.
    I watched it this past weekend for the first time. Really good. Great cast and script.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Just watched Malice at the Palace on Netflix. Not bad. Would have liked to had more from the Piston side. Primarily interviewed Reggie, Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal. Pacers had a team that could have won the championship that year. In the end, I think Jamal Tinsley deserves as much blame as anyone. Pacers are up big late in the game over the defending champs. Artest is dialed in and playing under control until Tinsley says, "Okay, you can go get your foul now". Stephen Jackson is like WTF? The rest is history.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    I just watched Ford vs Ferrari on a plane and it was exceptional. One of the better movies I've seen in years.
    Great, great movie. Extremely well cast. I think I've watched it 5 or 6 times when it runs on HBO.

It's one of those movies that I'll put on when my wife isn't particular about what's on the TV. Then she'll look over at me and go, "are you watching this again."

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Used to do a yearly binge during Christmas break when working at the local university. Fire up the PS3, run a dynasty, and let Entourage roll in the background.

I'm surprised our current social climate hasn't caused a retroactive cancelling of the show yet, tbh

You ever watch "Mind of a Married Man"? lol

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
    I've been watching Entourage. Never binged it before. Watched it weekly back when it aired and I'd have guessed I've seen every episode.

Well not so much. Besides the first 2 seasons, it's like watching for the first time except when there's a big cameo like Marky Mark and Tom Brady in a golf tourney.

Weird how that works.

Watched the first episode of The Wire so that will keep me busy for the next 2 months.
    Used to do a yearly binge during Christmas break when working at the local university. Fire up the PS3, run a dynasty, and let Entourage roll in the background.

I'm surprised our current social climate hasn't caused a retroactive cancelling of the show yet, tbh

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Finished Mare of Eastown over the weekend. Exceptional show.

So, we started watching Wayward Pines. S1 was good but S2 not so much. They killed off the best actors/actresses in place of some really bad ones and the story just got all kinds of bad. But I’ll finish it because that’s what I do, lol.
    Totally agree. S2 doesn't add up to S1, but I finished it. A little bit of a surprise at the end.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
    The wire is so good
    So good that I'll eventually sit down and watch it all for a 3rd time.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Finished Mare of Eastown over the weekend. Exceptional show.

So, we started watching Wayward Pines. S1 was good but S2 not so much. They killed off the best actors/actresses in place of some really bad ones and the story just got all kinds of bad. But I’ll finish it because that’s what I do, lol.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    The wire is so good

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    I've been watching Entourage. Never binged it before. Watched it weekly back when it aired and I'd have guessed I've seen every episode.

Well not so much. Besides the first 2 seasons, it's like watching for the first time except when there's a big cameo like Marky Mark and Tom Brady in a golf tourney.

Weird how that works.

Watched the first episode of The Wire so that will keep me busy for the next 2 months.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

I watched this last year. It was very good, and you're right. The sheriff and Ranger fed him too much info. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but they sure got caught up in the excitement and celebrity of having the most prolific serial killer in the world and all the attention it got them from other law enforcement agencies... except very little of it was actually true. I think a lot of agencies were happy to clear previously unsolved cases from their unsolved file and willing to cut corners and not look too closely at the evidence.
    I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not until the Waco DA talked to the head of the Rangers and he told the DA he was going to ruin him.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Just finished a docuseries called "The Confession Killer". Henry Lee Lucas was known as America's most prolific serial killer, admitting to hundreds of murders. A local sheriff and the Texas Rangers get him to admit to a bunch of murders. He admits to any they present to him. Then they reach out to agencies around the country and it grows. When they present several murders to the Waco District Attorney, he looks at the evidence and decides not to pursue because things don't add up. Reporters catch on and people realize the sheriff and Rangers are spoon feeding Lucas all the information about each murder and he's going along with it since he knows he's not going free. One set of parents don't believe he killed their daughter and do their own leg work. They find out Lucas wasn't even in Texas when she was killed. Law enforcement ignores the evidence and presses on. Rangers go after Waco DA to keep from looking bad as he's exposing one of the biggest criminal justice hoax in U.S. history. Making of a Murderer is small potatoes compared to this.
    I watched this last year. It was very good, and you're right. The sheriff and Ranger fed him too much info. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but they sure got caught up in the excitement and celebrity of having the most prolific serial killer in the world and all the attention it got them from other law enforcement agencies... except very little of it was actually true. I think a lot of agencies were happy to clear previously unsolved cases from their unsolved file and willing to cut corners and not look too closely at the evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
    Finally started The Walking Dead about a month ago. Watched Season 7 episode 1 and I almost quit. Whoever wrote the gratuitous violence for this episode has some serious demons.

Negan, the character, is so flat and lifeless no matter what he's doing, it's not real life. It's someone you want to see die but it's just not well executed at all. I felt physically ill after watching this episode.
    That's about where I quit.

First couple of seasons were really good.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X