Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I've been watching the Bureau (french intelligence series) for a while now doing a couple eps a night. Very very good show. S1 is free on Amazon if interested. Lot's of Middle East narratives. Not over the top stuff like a lot a shows these days, but really well written and acted.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Finished Season 3 of Dexter. I am watching a couple each night. Find myself really hooked on it. Very entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
    Dexter was a really entertaining show. Courtney Ford and Jaime Murray have some, um... exciting parts, too.
    I'm two episodes in and hooked. Great premise and really well done. I like the mind games, damaged genius, insightful self-narration thing.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Watching the Flyers get knocked out of the playoffs,... (takes long drag off a cigarette) is it as good for you???

Leave a comment:

• SonofOahu
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    Uh, Bruh. How can you name Dexter hotties and leave out Julie Benz and Yvonne Strahovski. Even Aimee Garcia and Julia Stiles.
    They never got naked, though. I swear Courtney Ford was 50/50 clothed and nude.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
    Dexter is amazing series until final episode
    Wasn't the best, but didn't think it was bad. There was talk for a while of a S9 reboot. That would be awesome.

Speaking of sequels/prequels/reboots, did you hear they are re-releasing the Godfather 3 with a new ending (the version Coppola originally wanted). Won't spoil it, but you can read below. The new title pretty much tells you where it's going.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/g...rs-1234758590/

Personally, I still wish they'd make the Godfather 4, which is really similar to part 2 with flashbacks to young Santino and current day (GF time).

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Dexter is amazing series until final episode

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Dexter was a really entertaining show. Courtney Ford and Jaime Murray have some, um... exciting parts, too.
    Uh, Bruh. How can you name Dexter hotties and leave out Julie Benz and Yvonne Strahovski. Even Aimee Garcia and Julia Stiles.

Leave a comment:

• SonofOahu
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
    Dexter is next up on my playlist. I'll start it in the next day or so.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    The Boys season 2. Starts where season 1 left off and is still good, going strong into episode 2
    Never watched S1, but it's on my saved list. Never heard a lot about it from folks, which is why it's been lower on list.

Been watching a lot of foreign series. Currently watching The Bureau (French intelligence). Very good if you know French or don't mind subs. Going to watch Young Wallander (Netflix, 6 eps) this weekend. Prequel to Wallander (detective), which is a fantastic book (Henning Mankell) and TV series.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    The Boys season 2. Starts where season 1 left off and is still good, going strong into episode 2

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I'm almost done with the Sopranos rewatch. I've been rotating that with Wallander (UK version), but think Dexter is going be next for me too.

Either that or Borgen (foreign series on Netflix). HBO has some great foreign series as well. Umbre (Italian/Romanian mafia) looks good. Can't wait for Gomorrah to be available on HBO.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Watched the first of two episodes of "The 93 victims of Samuel Little" on Investigation Discovery channel. E2 airs tonight. Everyone knows about Dahmer, Gacy, Bundy, etc., but this dude has to be the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history. Killed them all with his bare hands. Dude had an arrest record that would fill a filing cabinet, yet he never served any extensive prison time.
    I'm in the middle of episode 1. Fascinating and amazing. Dude's got a serious memory and recalls countless details of all 93 murders. I found an article saying it was a 4-hour documentary and the first 2 episodes add up to just under 3 hours, so I assume there will be an episode 3. Hard to figure him out and get a grasp of what turned him into a monster. Interesting show, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    The Trinity Killer story line is amazing. Jonathan Lithgow killed it, both literally and figuratively.

The episode "Argentina" in Season 7 stands out as one of the most twisted episodes in the entire series.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenore View Post
    Just watched the final two episodes. Awesome! Any of the final three would be deserving winners. Roland was my pick to win but I was really cheering for Callie. She had such a positive attitude and a great set of skills.

Cheers and Go Irish!!
    She loved her porcupines!

Leave a comment:

• Greenore
    replied
    Finale of Alone was pretty good. I usually try to determine who will win at the beginning of the show and never get it right, except for this year. I finally got it right! Damn temps of -25 during the day and much colder at night made it brutal. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else at the moment but would love to discuss in the near future.
    Just watched the final two episodes. Awesome! Any of the final three would be deserving winners. Roland was my pick to win but I was really cheering for Callie. She had such a positive attitude and a great set of skills.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Watched the first of two episodes of "The 93 victims of Samuel Little" on Investigation Discovery channel. E2 airs tonight. Everyone knows about Dahmer, Gacy, Bundy, etc., but this dude has to be the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history. Killed them all with his bare hands. Dude had an arrest record that would fill a filing cabinet, yet he never served any extensive prison time.

In 2019, the FBI announced that Little, who was 79 at the time, had confessed to 93 murders, the New York Times reported. The agency shared it had verified 50 of the killings and that it believed “all of his confessions are credible.” The agency also urged the public for help in identifying the rest of his victims as Little’s health deteriorated.
    Last edited by Irish#1; 09-01-2020, 07:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Was "The Son" with Pierce Brosnan ever discussed here? I'd try to search it but I'm sure I'd get 100 SOA posts.

Watched the first episode and liked it. Love the historical craziness that the US/Mexico/Texas endured during this time period.

Anyone watch it? Did it hold up through both seasons?
    Pretty solid and enjoyable series. I didn't care for the amount of time jumping back to young Eli's days, but still a good show. Big fan of Zahn McClarnon (Toshaway) so the flashbacks weren't all that bad.
    Ready to wrap up the first season, E10. I've been enjoying it, though it can be sluggish at times. I actually like bouncing back and forth in the time periods. My only question is the age. He's around 15 in 1850 which would make him about 80 in 1915. He doesn't look at or like an 80 year old! lol

Leave a comment:

• SonofOahu
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    Started Dexter on Netflix. So far so good. Almost done with Season 1.
    The Trinity Killer story line is amazing. Jonathan Lithgow killed it, both literally and figuratively.

The episode "Argentina" in Season 7 stands out as one of the most twisted episodes in the entire series.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Saw that HBO Max has purchased the rights to Gomorrah for seasons 1-4, plus the upcoming season 5, and the spin off prequel/sequel film Immortals.

Doesn't say when they're going to be available. HBO Max is supposed to be included with most cable packages (if you have HBO already), but not sure of the details with Comcast.

Also saw that Young Wallander and Borgen series start next week on Netflix.

Wallander is a series based on Sweedish books, and has been made 3 different times. Once in the UK with Kenneth Branagh as the lead (some other big names too), and twice by two different actors in Sweeden. I've seen 2 of the 3, and both were really good. Going to rewatch the Branagh series prior to watching Young Wallander.

Borgen is a Danish political drama that won a ton of awards. I've only seen the first of three seasons I think, but will definitely be checking it out.

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
    Finally getting into Yellowstone. Few eps in and digging it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I read something last week that said Yellowstone is the only series to see ratings jumps in 3 consecutive seasons. After the way S3 just ended, I'm going to guess S4 continues that trend.

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    So, the wife and I are FINALLY starting Breaking Bad. 3 episodes in this evening.
    How is it going so far. A buddy of mine started a rewatch of the series last month. He had already seen it, but his wife had never, and she went crazy for it. I'm tempted to do the same after I finish the Sopranos rewatch I'm doing now. Trying to decide between Dexter, Big Love, and a few more. The lack of new content, matched with general Covid situation and lack of sports, is driving me to revisit....

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Finally getting into Yellowstone. Few eps in and digging it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    So, the wife and I are FINALLY starting Breaking Bad. 3 episodes in this evening.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I didn't see that coming either. My money is on Jamie or his real dad.
    Jamie and/or his dad was my first thought, but the more I thought about it, might be the tribe's female attorney. Not sure if Roarke has the stones to do that. I don't think Jamie would do that to his brother either. Probably a combo given all the different things that happened.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    I hope you mean season finale and not series finale. Beth baiting the land development company into their own destruction seems likely.
    All I can say is whoa...

Can't believe they left us like that on all those different fronts. And who was it.

SMH.... need a time machine to jump ahead a year damn it.
    I didn't see that coming either. My money is on Jamie or his real dad.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    It was cool to see 2 women make it to the top 3 and 70+ days. Man, was I heartbroken when they sent Callie home. I agree, she would've made the 100 days. Her stove/fireplace idea was great. I asked my wife if losing a toe or 3 would be worth 1MM and we both agreed we'd do it. I would've liked to hear from an expert on how much they think that would've spread over the remaining period.

I believe you are speaking of Roland, the winner. That dude is wacky but enjoyable. Super creative with his shelter and use of the whole Musk Ox.

I think what most of these contestants share is they are really creative and inventive with ways to survive in the wilderness. But, what sets apart the contenders from the wannabes, is their ability to be alone for that long yet stay focused and entertained. There is a little bit of crazy in them to be able to do so. Something that might be frowned upon in everyday life but you come to appreciate when they are put in these conditions.
    You've probably figured it out by now that the mental aspect is almost always what causes someone to tap. Callie said she didn't have a home and basically lived out of her car all over the country so mentally she is used to it.

My wife said the same thing about the toe. "I've got 10. I can get by with 9 for a million dollars." lol

So cold that the fireplace had ice cicles even with a fire going! That's some serious temps. I wonder if Callie had made it if they would both get a million or would have to split it?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Was "The Son" with Pierce Brosnan ever discussed here? I'd try to search it but I'm sure I'd get 100 SOA posts.

Watched the first episode and liked it. Love the historical craziness that the US/Mexico/Texas endured during this time period.

Up to S1 E5 and enjoying it. Always liked Pierce Brosnan. Ditto on the bold.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Some Euro buds recommended a HBO Europe show (available on HBO here on demand) called Beforeigners. Norwegian science fiction about Stone Age and 19th century people showing up in present day. I wasn't all that excited about it, but saw it got a 7.9 and 96% approval rating so gave it a shot. Half way through the 6 part series and it's pretty decent. Different for sure, but good. Serious story line, but some good funny parts as well.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    I normally don't watch the interviews at the end but did for the finale. Our winner talks about how he needs to be more connected with his family since the passing of his mom, but then when asked what's up next for him, he says he may disappear for a while! lol

If Callie hadn't contracted frostbite on her feet I think she would have made the 100 days. She was going strong and showed no mental signs of quitting.

David(?) was primed to win from the beginning. Everything he did from the beginning was geared toward making it the 100 days and he knew every trick to max out his resources. His only mistakes he made were letting the berries mold and letting the mouse eat the fat from that bone he was saving.

The thing that bugged me was how cold it got and all of those contestants left the doors to their shelters open quite a bit. I would have thought they would try to keep the shelter heated.
    It was cool to see 2 women make it to the top 3 and 70+ days. Man, was I heartbroken when they sent Callie home. I agree, she would've made the 100 days. Her stove/fireplace idea was great. I asked my wife if losing a toe or 3 would be worth 1MM and we both agreed we'd do it. I would've liked to hear from an expert on how much they think that would've spread over the remaining period.

I believe you are speaking of Roland, the winner. That dude is wacky but enjoyable. Super creative with his shelter and use of the whole Musk Ox.

I think what most of these contestants share is they are really creative and inventive with ways to survive in the wilderness. But, what sets apart the contenders from the wannabes, is their ability to be alone for that long yet stay focused and entertained. There is a little bit of crazy in them to be able to do so. Something that might be frowned upon in everyday life but you come to appreciate when they are put in these conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    What the Yellow flippin' stone just happened??? It's like some "Who shot JR?" thing.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Started Dexter on Netflix. So far so good. Almost done with Season 1.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Watched it last night as well. How long until we talk about Spoilers?
    I normally don't watch the interviews at the end but did for the finale. Our winner talks about how he needs to be more connected with his family since the passing of his mom, but then when asked what's up next for him, he says he may disappear for a while! lol

If Callie hadn't contracted frostbite on her feet I think she would have made the 100 days. She was going strong and showed no mental signs of quitting.

David(?) was primed to win from the beginning. Everything he did from the beginning was geared toward making it the 100 days and he knew every trick to max out his resources. His only mistakes he made were letting the berries mold and letting the mouse eat the fat from that bone he was saving.

The thing that bugged me was how cold it got and all of those contestants left the doors to their shelters open quite a bit. I would have thought they would try to keep the shelter heated.

Leave a comment:

• Bubba
    replied
    Finished Justified yesterday. Sad it's not 10 seasons. Most fun I've ever seen watching an SC athlete win. Such a weird experience for me. Obviously not shot in KY with people who don't sound KY but after a while I got past it. Working on Mama to name our next two dogs Dewey Crow and Wynn Duffy.

Started Mandalorian last night. So far, so good.

In other news:

Canceled cable, canceled Netflix, canceled CBS All Access.

Signed up for commercial free Hulu+Disney+ESPN. Will always have Prime Video.

Ordered an HD antennae (and cell booster antennae too). Gonna take advantage of the 40+ English channels in Phoenix.

We're scheduled to get Cox Gigablast in the next few months. They're working a few blocks away.

We've agreed to get Showtime in Sept to binge Billions and whatever else they have. From now on, we're gonna jump around and hit the best shows. Love em & leave em.

There's always the Firestick for Kodi. I just have the worst luck keeping it updated.
    Any feedback on Gigablast? We bought a new build house - moved in Jan 2019 and it wasnít available here at the time. Weird, since Iím in a new community. Youíd think they would have just gone with the new stuff from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Iím ready. I think thereís only a few of us who watch it. Fair warning, Iíll chime in tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    All I can say is whoa...

Can't believe they left us like that on all those different fronts. And who was it.

SMH.... need a time machine to jump ahead a year damn it.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I hope you mean season finale and not series finale. Beth baiting the land development company into their own destruction seems likely.
    Yup, sorry. It's already renewed for another season.

I could see the baiting (that was my original guess last week), but I could also see John and Rainwater make a deal that gives the tribe ownership, but allows the Duttons to keep using it and living there. After all, Tate's blood brings the two together, and he's the one that will inherit. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be a good twist.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Just flipped on the Yellowstone marathon leading up to the series finale tonight.

I'm guessing John either saves the ranch by dealing it to the reservation, or Beth tricked the company into buying Schwartz& Meyer, or both. Sucks the season is already over. Best show on TV these days.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Just flipped on the Yellowstone marathon leading up to the series finale tonight.

I'm guessing John either saves the ranch by dealing it to the reservation, or Beth tricked the company into buying Schwartz& Meyer, or both. Sucks the season is already over. Best show on TV these days.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Finale of Alone was pretty good. I usually try to determine who will win at the beginning of the show and never get it right, except for this year. I finally got it right! Damn temps of -25 during the day and much colder at night made it brutal. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else at the moment but would love to discuss in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Watched a few new/newer movies the last couple weeks.

Sputnik - alien science fiction. Russian with subs. Pretty decent if you don't mind subs.

Greyhound - Good acting, but pretty blah to me. Perhaps my expectations were a little too high going in.

The Outpost - based on a true story about a Taliban attack on a US base. Enjoyed it a lot more than Greyhound.

The Silencing - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lanister) turns in another pretty good effort as an x-hunter/trapper searching for a serial killer. I think the writing/story could have been better, but pretty good acting.

Probably going to watch The Vanished tonight or tomorrow.

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qh-oOnZ2Di0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kp9JghhGPao" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MYls5LCzHr8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CT9qk-BL3Qg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    I had really gotten into Mind Hunter during its first two seasons. It now appears very unlikely to continue. Netflix announced in January that the show was on indefinite hold, but not officially cancelled. The director has moved on to other projects and the cast has been released from contract so that they too can find other work. It's effectively dead. This was a great show scheduled to run for five seasons. Sad to see it gone after only two.
    Last edited by Bishop2b5; 08-23-2020, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    So, I brought it up to my wife after reading a couple of your posts a month or so back. We started with S6 and got through that in a hurry and are now caught up on S7. Man, it's addicting. My wife loves it, which I never would've guessed.

The last episode is a 3 hour special. Can't wait.
    I think it was S3, but there was a big bully type of lady who is a policeman. She talked about how tough she was. One night a black bear shows up right outside her tent. She uses an air horn to scare it away, then proceeds to tap out. She tapped because she couldn't handle been mean to the bear. lol

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Just watched the latest Yellowstone episode. Good stuff. There's a lot I didn't see coming. Certainly didn't predict what is was that Wade stole. I'm glad Ryan Bingham (Walker) is back. I like his character, and love his music. For those that don't know, he's actually a singer songwriter. He's got some great stuff on Youtube.

So how do they save the ranch?

My guess is Beth tricked them into buying Schwartz & Meyer, and that purchase somehow Trojan horses them.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I just finished S01 of Sons Of Anarchy. I'm having a hard time really getting into it. It's not bad, just not captivating. Too many of the characters just seem like cliches and are unbelievable, and the storylines are OK, not compelling. It's the TV version of eating at Red Lobster or Taco Bell.
    IDK Bish. Honestly I'm a little surprised you don't like it. Always got great reviews/ratings. I don't think it was top 10 territory or anything, but I thought it was one of the better series on TV at the time.

This isn't Bish's wife posting is it?

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    I just finished S01 of Sons Of Anarchy. I'm having a hard time really getting into it. It's not bad, just not captivating. Too many of the characters just seem like cliches and are unbelievable, and the storylines are OK, not compelling. It's the TV version of eating at Red Lobster or Taco Bell.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied

Pretty solid and enjoyable series. I didn't care for the amount of time jumping back to young Eli's days, but still a good show. Big fan of Zahn McClarnon (Toshaway) so the flashbacks weren't all that bad.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Last night's episode was a notch up and revealed what he stole. If you figure it out before it's revealed, then Sherlock Holmes or The Thin Man have nothing on you! lol

Season finale next week.
    Haven't watched it yet. Going to watch it along with Lovecraft and a few glasses of wine tonight. Can't believe the season is almost done.

Back to Wade/John. I have zero clue. Kinda figured it was car or horse, but doubt JD would care that much about either.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I looked up the actress who plays Teeter on Yellowstone. She's actually quite accomplished and a good looking woman. I had no idea her dad was a very famous actor. Her character is something and I'm sure must be a blast to play.
    Yup, I was like WTF when I found out who her father was. Funny AF

Originally posted by Bluto View Post
    Watched Purple Rain last night again for the first time since 1980 something. It is one of the dumbest movies ever.
    Come on man... lol. Most 80s movie don't age well, but wasn't that bad. The music alone gets it a pass.

Originally posted by phork View Post
    I was OK with it. Its tricky with time travel stuff but I am glad they stuck with the Lost concept of whatever happens, happens.
    Definitely a movie you have to sit and watch close.

S1 was one of the best seasons of TV ever, and the next 2 just fell off. Still good, but it's hard to follow a year like S1. I'm waiting for a US version to be made.

Leave a comment:

• phork
    replied
    Great show. There's some discussion on it a page or so back (beware I think there are some spoilers). Several on the board are fans. Sad that the series is done, but was disappointed a bit in S3.
    I was OK with it. Its tricky with time travel stuff but I am glad they stuck with the Lost concept of whatever happens, happens.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X