Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Been watching Helstrom (Hulu), about a brother and sister with two possessed parents (father was a serial killer). The son is more or less an exorcist working for the Church. Pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• InKellyWeTrust
    replied
    After hearing about it for a decade I started watching Breaking Bad. Admittedly, it is hard to watch at times due to impacts of the tragedy of addiction.

Then I watched the Social Dilemma, and if you aren't looking for them the parallels aren't immediately obvious. Social media vs methamphetamines/drug abuse? Obviously not the same, right?

Drugs are addictive, cause family disruptions, cause mental health problems, lead to death and suicide, and very literally destroy lives. They do this through activating the dopaminergic reward centers of the brain until one literally cannot think about anything else.

But social media doesn't do this right? Our phones don't do that right? But contemplate another question. At what age did your brain have access to social media or all the apps loaded on a mobile phone? And then answer this, at what age do people often try their first mind altering substance (thus leading to addiction)?

If the answer to these questions are similar ages for you I'm sorry, you probably are a gen z'er. Gen z'ers have lower rates of drug abuse than prior generations but have staggeringly higher rates of mental health disorders and suicide. Why? Social media became ubiquitous on mobile devices around 2010, just in time for the first gen z'ers to start junior high.

So Walter White peddling methamphetamine and Facebook peddling likes aren't all that different are they?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Stumbled across Schitt's Creek (Comedy Central) with Eugene Levy. LMAO. Great cast, and Annie Murphy has some great legs.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Just discovered King of the Hill is on Hulu,... how I missed that show.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Been watching South Park in the background today. Every other commercial is for the Daily Show.... clearly still as propagandized as always, good lord. Do people actually take that dude seriously??

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied
    Marrying Millions. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    For the Billions fans

Billions (Showtime) renewed for a 6th season. The pandemic-shortened 5th season, meanwhile, will return for its final five episodes in 2021.

About half way through the latest season (5th) of The Bureau (Le Bureau des Lťgendes).
    Fantastic show. Great writing.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Anyone watch the Comey Rule yet? I've got it on the DVR from over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
    This one's on my "Gotta Watch Soon" list. Have you watched the original movie from 1970?
    I watched it in 1970. lol

Watched the first few episodes of Lie to Me with Tim Roth. E1 was pretty good, but after E3 I can see the story line is going to be pretty much the same from one episode to another.
    Last edited by Irish#1; 09-29-2020, 06:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Started watching Catch-22 on Hulu. WWII series with a unique twist. Instead of focusing on fighting, it focuses on everything happening behind the scenes. Primary character is a bomber who wants to get discharged and keeps trying different tactics only to fail. All the while the Colonel (Kyle Chandler) keeps raising the number of missions required before you can get discharged. Well written and recommended.
    This one's on my "Gotta Watch Soon" list. Have you watched the original movie from 1970?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Started watching Catch-22 on Hulu. WWII series with a unique twist. Instead of focusing on fighting, it focuses on everything happening behind the scenes. Primary character is a bomber who wants to get discharged and keeps trying different tactics only to fail. All the while the Colonel (Kyle Chandler) keeps raising the number of missions required before you can get discharged. Well written and recommended.
    Last edited by Irish#1; 09-28-2020, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
    Same with me. Everyone talked about it and I never tuned in to it. Finally started watching it and I liked it so much I binge watched the entire series in two weeks. Definite top 5 for me. Have not watched any of BCS yet.
    BCS is good, but it's a different kind of good. More slow burn. It's just not comparable to BB to me though. I do think this final season coming up may be more unhinged though.

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Finished Breaking Bad. Now I feel like an idiot for waiting so long to watch it. Man was it good. And, I'm sure I missed out on some of the anticipation with not watching it live or when it actually aired.

Definitely in the top 5 of favorite shows of all time. Exceptional show.
    I avoided it for years, also. My brother kept trying to get me to watch it, but it just didn't sound like something I would like... until I watched it. Definitely one of the top 5 ever. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    Definitely top 10 for me too. Did you like it better than BCS? I'm still in awe of folks who say BCS is better than BB.
    Same with me. Everyone talked about it and I never tuned in to it. Finally started watching it and I liked it so much I binge watched the entire series in two weeks. Definite top 5 for me. Have not watched any of BCS yet.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Haven’t watched BCS. Heard mixed reviews on it. We may get into it, unsure at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Finished Breaking Bad. Now I feel like an idiot for waiting so long to watch it. Man was it good. And, I'm sure I missed out on some of the anticipation with not watching it live or when it actually aired.

Definitely top 10 for me too. Did you like it better than BCS? I'm still in awe of folks who say BCS is better than BB.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied

I avoided it for years, also. My brother kept trying to get me to watch it, but it just didn't sound like something I would like... until I watched it. Definitely one of the top 5 ever. Glad you enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Almost done with season 4 of Gomorrah. It's definitely now in my top 10 and ahead of the Sopranos. Dark, gritty, and well written. Leaves you feeling sick at times. If you don't mind subs, highly recommend it. If you have HBO, seasons 1-4 plus the movie (between S3 and S4) should be available by end of year. The yet to be aired S5 as well sometime in 2021.

If you enjoyed ZeroZeroZero, it's by the same writer (Roberto Saviano), but IMO much better. And I really enjoyed ZeroZeroZero.

Leave a comment:

• InKellyWeTrust
    replied
    Soaking in the grandeur of Cobra Kai's tongue-in-cheek cheesy 80s humor, seamlessly melding kick-ass 80s rock culture with pussy gender-neutral woke millennial culture. -At least from Johnny Lawrence's perspective.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Caught the first episode of 11.22.63 with James Franco as the lead. Dying friend convinces Franco to use a time portal to go back to 1963 to prevent the Kennedy assassination. Found it interesting and will take a look at E2.

Finished The Son. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
    The 1963 show was pretty solid. I liked it anyway

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Ducktales 2017 is the best reboot ever. I can straight watch this with or without my kids... it’s really good

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Update on 11.22.63. Based on a novel by Stephen King and he's one of the executive producers. Through 4 of 6 episodes and it's quite good. It's a period piece like Mad Men, and they've done a great job with the details.
    The wife and I finished it last night. Quite good and recommendable.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Caught the first episode of 11.22.63 with James Franco as the lead. Dying friend convinces Franco to use a time portal to go back to 1963 to prevent the Kennedy assassination. Found it interesting and will take a look at E2.

Update on 11.22.63. Based on a novel by Stephen King and he's one of the executive producers. Through 4 of 6 episodes and it's quite good. It's a period piece like Mad Men, and they've done a great job with the details.

Leave a comment:

• yankeehater
    replied
    We just finished Safe. Enjoyed it, but felt Broadchurch was better.

Started The Stranger on Netflix last night. Definitely will continue watching.

Love Cobra Kai. Still has that 80's cheesy vibe which I like. They also do a nice job of fitting in shots from the original movie for a nice tie in.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied

Last edited by Irish#1; 09-14-2020, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IrishBryan77
    replied
    Not sure of anyone has mentioned this but "The Boys" is a great show. Also Cobra Kai is EPIC even though I thought it was going to be cheesy!

Leave a comment:

• SonofOahu
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluto View Post
    Do yourself a favor and watch Cobra Kai. Pretty great.

Iím also watching most of the west coast go up in flames. Yeah climate change!
    I watched S1 when it came out. Not sure why I haven't done S2.

You haven't had any gender reveal parties lately have you?
    To me, S1 was better because it focused on the Daniel-Johnny dynamic. S2 focused on the kids, more.

I'm going to try and not spoil this, but the episode in S2 where the gang gets back together hit me pretty hard. We went through the same thing, earlier this year.

Leave a comment:

• SonofOahu
    replied
    I haven't reached the point in Dexter yet where Courtney Ford joins the cast, but yeah, she's very good looking. She really reminds me of a girl I knew in HS who was a cheerleader from a school in the next town over. Very similar looks. I always laugh thinking about that girl. One night when she was a junior in HS, her parents had gone out. Her boyfriend came over and they ended up having sex on the front porch. The parents came home way earlier than expected and they got lit up by the high beams as her parents turned into the driveway. There was their little princess, naked and getting boned doggy style, square in the headlights. Awkward moment.
    She was also in "True Blood" and spent quite a lot of time naked in that show, too. I think she got typecast as a vixen, in that 2010-ish time frame. She was the girl Leonard wanted to cheat with in "Big Bang Theory" too. Not that I'm complaining.

I guess they couldn't claim that he was giving her the Heimlich?

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    Just finished rewatching the BBC adaptation of Smiley's People, which is all on YouTube. Excellent stuff. Alec Guiness is of course great.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk
    I never knew there was a BBC mini-series of this. I loved the book and Le Carres' other Smiley novels, so this just got added to my list. I'll probably watch it next after Dexter. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Frickin love it. Definitely one of my favorites. Weíre already through S4.
    I know folks are high on BCS, and I like it too, but IMO it's no where close to BB.

IMO, itís really important to be able to recall, quickly, the families and individuals throughout the various timelines. So I would re-watch parts of episodes or pause the show in order to do so.
    Yup, the family connections are half the story. I ended up doing a full rewatch before S3, and even found some stuff online (genealogy/time tree), before I started.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
    I had started Dark about a year ago and gave up 5 episodes in for whatever reason. I've heard enough about it so I decided to forage ahead. It's pretty damn good. I feel like I need to be watching with a family tree in front of me though. Trying to remember who is who in which timeline is difficult. Almost done with season 2 so far.
    IMO, itís really important to be able to recall, quickly, the families and individuals throughout the various timelines. So I would re-watch parts of episodes or pause the show in order to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    How is it going so far. A buddy of mine started a rewatch of the series last month. He had already seen it, but his wife had never, and she went crazy for it. I'm tempted to do the same after I finish the Sopranos rewatch I'm doing now. Trying to decide between Dexter, Big Love, and a few more. The lack of new content, matched with general Covid situation and lack of sports, is driving me to revisit....
    Frickin love it. Definitely one of my favorites. Weíre already through S4.

Leave a comment:

• GATTACA!
    replied
    I had started Dark about a year ago and gave up 5 episodes in for whatever reason. I've heard enough about it so I decided to forage ahead. It's pretty damn good. I feel like I need to be watching with a family tree in front of me though. Trying to remember who is who in which timeline is difficult. Almost done with season 2 so far.

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied

Canít wait to see season 3.

Only person I reveal my gender to is the wife. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Started The Witcher, which I'm enjoying much more than I had anticipated.

Also began I Claudius recently. Excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluto View Post

Iím also watching most of the west coast go up in flames. Yeah climate change!

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied

I’m also watching most of the west coast go up in flames. Yeah climate change!

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
    Dexter was a really entertaining show. Courtney Ford and Jaime Murray have some, um... exciting parts, too.
    I haven't reached the point in Dexter yet where Courtney Ford joins the cast, but yeah, she's very good looking. She really reminds me of a girl I knew in HS who was a cheerleader from a school in the next town over. Very similar looks. I always laugh thinking about that girl. One night when she was a junior in HS, her parents had gone out. Her boyfriend came over and they ended up having sex on the front porch. The parents came home way earlier than expected and they got lit up by the high beams as her parents turned into the driveway. There was their little princess, naked and getting boned doggy style, square in the headlights. Awkward moment.

Leave a comment:

• SonofOahu
    replied
    I watched "Umbrella Academy" over the weekend. Really fun show. I liked season 2 better than season 1.

I also watched Chef's Table: BBQ

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Just finished rewatching the BBC adaptation of Smiley's People, which is all on YouTube. Excellent stuff. Alec Guiness is of course great.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
    Bluey. Bluey is the shit.
    No way, T.O.T.S. all day long

Leave a comment:

• Irishnuke
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    Finished Season 3 of Dexter. I am watching a couple each night. Find myself really hooked on it. Very entertaining.
    Donít want to spoil anything, but if you watch the entire series, be prepared to be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Irishnuke
    replied
    Bluey. Bluey is the shit.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    I've been watching the Bureau (french intelligence series) for a while now doing a couple eps a night. Very very good show. S1 is free on Amazon if interested. Lot's of Middle East narratives. Not over the top stuff like a lot a shows these days, but really well written and acted.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Finished Season 3 of Dexter. I am watching a couple each night. Find myself really hooked on it. Very entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
    Dexter was a really entertaining show. Courtney Ford and Jaime Murray have some, um... exciting parts, too.
    I'm two episodes in and hooked. Great premise and really well done. I like the mind games, damaged genius, insightful self-narration thing.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Watching the Flyers get knocked out of the playoffs,... (takes long drag off a cigarette) is it as good for you???

Leave a comment:

• SonofOahu
    replied
    Uh, Bruh. How can you name Dexter hotties and leave out Julie Benz and Yvonne Strahovski. Even Aimee Garcia and Julia Stiles.
    They never got naked, though. I swear Courtney Ford was 50/50 clothed and nude.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
    Dexter is amazing series until final episode
    Wasn't the best, but didn't think it was bad. There was talk for a while of a S9 reboot. That would be awesome.

Speaking of sequels/prequels/reboots, did you hear they are re-releasing the Godfather 3 with a new ending (the version Coppola originally wanted). Won't spoil it, but you can read below. The new title pretty much tells you where it's going.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/g...rs-1234758590/

Personally, I still wish they'd make the Godfather 4, which is really similar to part 2 with flashbacks to young Santino and current day (GF time).

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Dexter is amazing series until final episode

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X