What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    since IYJ called me out, I decided to order HBO so I could watch True Detective. First two episodes have been pretty good.

Also downloaded the Sopranos. The wife and I watched the first four episodes last night. Just as good the second time around.
    so what you are saying, is that you invoked my name and blamed me when explaining to the wife lol...

it will be worth it! check out Secession when you get time. Best dialogue I've seen in a while. Some funny stuff in a very serious story line. Great acting too.

been wanting to rewatch the Sopranos for a couple years now. thought i was going to do it while back in Indy over Christmas, but literally worked around her house 10+ hours a day for two solid weeks.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Started watching Berlin Station a few episodes at a time over the last two months. In the middle of S2 now. Very good stuff. Not a huge fan of Ashley Judd, but the rest of the cast is awesome. Great writing. Rhys Ifans is incredible and I've always loved Orser and Jenkins.

Comment

• For fans of "The Missing" with Tchéky Karyo, BBC1 just started a spin off called "Baptiste". I'm sure it will end up on Starz, but for those who can't wait, there's always Kodi. Pretty pumped, but will likely rewatch the previous seasons.

Luther (Idris Elba) also came out with a new season after breaking for several years on BBC. Shetland too. I think previous seasons for both are on Netflix.

BBC rolling big early 2019. Their public channels (BBC1-4, C4/5, ITV, SKY) are so much better than ours when it comes to quality drama.

Comment

• I started rewatching The Newsroom and it sucked me right back in. I'm almost done with season 2 already. One of the finest television shows I've ever watched. It's right up there with the Sopranos, Breaking Bad, BCS, Lost, and the West Wing IMO.

I have a thing for Sorkin if you couldn't tell.

Comment

• Started watching S2 of Tin Star (Tim Roth). Co Sky Atlantic / Amazon production. S1 on Amazon, and I expect S2 will be available next month if you don't have Kodi. So far it's just as good as S1. Love Tim Roth as "Jack".

Baptiste (spinoff of The Missing), Shetland, and Cardinal new seasons are all terrific. Still haven't started the new season of Luther.

Also finally finished The Last Post (BBC, and available on Amazon Prime). Good stuff.

Comment

• Pretty stoked about the new Twilight Zone... so much so that it can only let me down I suppose but I can't remember looking forward to a show like this, maybe the Pacific?? Hoping it lives up...
              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Watched the first episode of "Barry" starring Bill Hader. I need to watch a couple more, but looks like it should be a good one to watch.

Comment

• So the first episode of the new Twilight Zone sucked ass...
                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Has anyone watched Letterkenny? My oldest daughter kept raving about it until I finally gave it a shot. I'm now hooked. Small town life in rural Ontario with a strange assortment of oddball locals. It's like Fargo, Twin Peaks, Green Acres and My Name Is Earl had a Canuck love child. Funny as hell with incredible dialogue.
                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                      So the first episode of the new Twilight Zone sucked ass...
                      So you're the one guy who subscribes to CBS All Access but you were trying to dunk on Netflix and Disney+?

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                        So you're the one guy who subscribes to CBS All Access but you were trying to dunk on Netflix and Disney+?
                        Huh? I like Netflix,... and I don’t subscribe, my brother in law had it on,...

Comment

• Heard a comment on the radio about Billions. Decided to download and watch to see what it was all about. Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis are the main characters. The wife and I ended up binge watching the first six episodes. Very good show. Highly recommend it.

Comment

• My wife and I started watching Mad Men over the last week. Got through the first three episodes. Very well done, but I have a hard time wanting to watch more since there's no one to root for. Virtually every character is morally depraved. That's apparently intentional on Matthew Weiner's part--to show how a nostalgic and stylish era of American history was really rotten--but it's tough to keep people coming back without at least a few sympathetic protagonists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                              My wife and I started watching Mad Men over the last week. Got through the first three episodes. Very well done, but I have a hard time wanting to watch more since there's no one to root for. Virtually every character is morally depraved. That's apparently intentional on Matthew Weiner's part--to show how a nostalgic and stylish era of American history was really rotten--but it's tough to keep people coming back without at least a few sympathetic protagonists.
                              Stick it out for some of the 'redemption' arcs.

They are very well done, and really are hard-earned, both for the characters and the viewer.

It's also neat to the see the characters and themes progress alongside the different eras of history that the show stretches through.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

They are very well done, and really are hard-earned, both for the characters and the viewer.

It's also neat to the see the characters and themes progress alongside the different eras of history that the show stretches through.
                                This.

Personally I find the second half of the show much more enjoyable.

Comment

Heard a comment on the radio about Billions. Decided to download and watch to see what it was all about. Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis are the main characters. The wife and I ended up binge watching the first six episodes. Very good show. Highly recommend it.
                                  I really liked it, but my wife lost interest somewhere during season 4 and I haven't been able to get her re-engaged. Maybe at a slow point this summer I'll give it another go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                    I really liked it, but my wife lost interest somewhere during season 4 and I haven't been able to get her re-engaged. Maybe at a slow point this summer I'll give it another go.
                                    My wife usually doesn't care for shows where there are a lot of characters and connections you have to stay on top of, but she likes this one.

Comment

My wife usually doesn't care for shows where there are a lot of characters and connections you have to stay on top of, but she likes this one.
                                      I remember liking Entourage for this reason.... fun show that you can plug and play any random episode and not feel out of the loop. Too many shows now seem like you have to be all in to know what's going on.

Comment

My wife and I started watching Mad Men over the last week. Got through the first three episodes. Very well done, but I have a hard time wanting to watch more since there's no one to root for. Virtually every character is morally depraved. That's apparently intentional on Matthew Weiner's part--to show how a nostalgic and stylish era of American history was really rotten--but it's tough to keep people coming back without at least a few sympathetic protagonists.
                                        Definitely stay with it. There are parts where you find yourself feeling compassion for Don Draper even if he is the biggest man-whore around. Having grown up in the 60's, I really appreciate the attention to detail. It also brings back memories of some of the advertising of my youth I had forgotten about.

Comment

Similar. She can only have 1, maybe 2, show/s going on like that at the same time. So it usually comes down to what are the most important ones to watch and try and circle back to others.

Comment

Definitely ride this one out to the end. Outstanding show on so many different levels and you'll eventually see Don differently. He's a very complicated and conflicted character and the show will slowly reveal all the damage and events that made him this way.
                                            Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                              Definitely ride this one out to the end. Outstanding show on so many different levels and you'll eventually see Don differently. He's a very complicated and conflicted character and the show will slowly reveal all the damage and events that made him this way.
                                              The final scene of the last show of the series may be the best of any show ever. Brilliantly thought out.

Comment

• We're up to Season 2 Episode 6 on Billions and we're addicted. A show typically has one or two main characters and the four or five others have parts here and there that tie to the main characters. In Billions, they've got about 20 other characters and have done a great job of linking the characters to each other and not just the main characters. The best way to describe it "spiders web".

Comment

We're up to Season 2 Episode 6 on Billions and we're addicted. A show typically has one or two main characters and the four or five others have parts here and there that tie to the main characters. In Billions, they've got about 20 other characters and have done a great job of linking the characters to each other and not just the main characters. The best way to describe it "spiders web".
                                                  Billions is one of my favs. Great acting, writing, etc. Lewis and Giamatti are both incredible. The supporting cast through every season is A1 too. Wags, Dollar Bill, and Bach are my 2nd tier favs.

Comment

• Watching Bosch season 5. Another very solid season so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                      Billions is one of my favs. Great acting, writing, etc. Lewis and Giamatti are both incredible. The supporting cast through every season is A1 too. Wags, Dollar Bill, and Bach are my 2nd tier favs.
                                                      About halfway through season 3.

Chuck's dad is an incredible prick, lol

Comment

• Just watched the season finale of Empire. I know Jussie is not coming back next year, but looks like they wrote him out, or edited him out of the finale lol.

Anyway, good episode. Called it.

Comment

• My annual reminder to you clowns....watch Gossip Girl on Netflix.
                                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                            My annual reminder to you clowns....watch Gossip Girl on Netflix.
                                                            Nah man. My only yearly dose of chick/fem shows is reserved for season 2 of Big Little Lies.

Comment

Nah man. My only yearly dose of chick/fem shows is reserved for season 2 of Big Little Lies.
                                                              I'm amped.
                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

I'm amped.
                                                                I'm embarrassed to admit that S1 totally sucked me in from the start.
                                                                Loved the music too.

Comment

I'm embarrassed to admit that S1 totally sucked me in from the start.
                                                                  Loved the music too.
                                                                  You got a friend in me YJ.
                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

You got a friend in me YJ.
                                                                    we can start our own BLL's thread for you and I.
                                                                    bet Legacy digs it too, and us three can all be on the same side for once.

Comment

• Enjoying Street Food on NF

Comment

we can start our own BLL's thread for you and I.
                                                                        bet Legacy digs it too, and us three can all be on the same side for once.
                                                                        I'm in
                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Saw the advertisement for Season 6 of Alone. They're dropping these poor souls off in the Arctic. I have a feeling the winner won't last nearly as long as the previous winners.

Quick preview

https://www.history.com/shows/alone/...6-preview-list

Comment

• Chernobyl is good so far. Soviets be wildin'
                                                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• "The Act" on Hulu is pretty crazy. I already knew the whole true crime story going in but its still captured my attention. Really great acting and perfect casting. I don't want to say too much and give anything away, so I'll just say I highly recommend it.

Comment

• Chernobyl Ep1 was a little slow, but the 2nd half of Ep2 has me very hooked.

Looking forward to Ep3 tonight.

Comment

• Chernobyl owns. I stan for the coal miners.
                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Chernobyl made me late for work today. Started watching it at midnight last night. Two thumbs up.

Everything was perfect except you'd think with all the collusion, an American film could get actors with Russian accents but... nyet.

Comment

• Looking forward to the Deadwood movie tomorrow night. Loved the show and did a rewatch of the series not to long ago. Impressive that they have what looks like the entire cast back. HBO is doing a replay of the series, so will probably catch the last couple episodes of S3 prior to the movie tomorrow at 8pm.

COCKSUCKER!

Comment

Looking forward to the Deadwood movie tomorrow night. Loved the show and did a rewatch of the series not to long ago. Impressive that they have what looks like the entire cast back. HBO is doing a replay of the series, so will probably catch the last couple episodes of S3 prior to the movie tomorrow at 8pm.

COCKSUCKER!
                                                                                        Swingen! Cocksucka!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                                                                                          Swingen! Cocksucka!

Comment

• Is Chernobyl recurring or a mini series?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Joe View Post
                                                                                              Is Chernobyl recurring or a mini series?
                                                                                              limited mini series from what i read.

that said, Big Little Lies was a limited series too, but they decided to do a second season after it's success.

not sure Chernobyl has the same type of S2 potential though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                                This.

Personally I find the second half of the show much more enjoyable.
                                                                                                Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                                Definitely stay with it. There are parts where you find yourself feeling compassion for Don Draper even if he is the biggest man-whore around. Having grown up in the 60's, I really appreciate the attention to detail. It also brings back memories of some of the advertising of my youth I had forgotten about.
                                                                                                About to finish Season 2 of Mad Men, and I'm definitely going to need a break after the final episode. Everyone is still an adulterous addict. One character just casually raped his fiance. Well done, but it just feels hopeless.

Will probably start Breaking Bad next.

Comment

• Oh yeah, that was awful to watch. After Season 3 is actually very good, dang this makes me want to rewatch it. The finale of Season 3 is probably their best episode ever.

And Season 4 on is practically a different show.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                                    Chernobyl made me late for work today. Started watching it at midnight last night. Two thumbs up.

Everything was perfect except you'd think with all the collusion, an American film could get actors with Russian accents but... nyet.
                                                                                                    I just started watching it last night. It's extraordinarily good. I may not get anything else done this week until I finish it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                                      I just started watching it last night. It's extraordinarily good. I may not get anything else done this week until I finish it.
                                                                                                      Everybody should watch it. One of the most important events of the 20th Century. It was a huge piece of why the Soviet Union unraveled.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X