What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
    Watched Black Mirror last night because I heard so much about it. Googled top 10 episodes, and "shut up and dance" appeared in the first two lists.

Watched it.

WTF? How was that good by any measure?
    That's weird because as I looked up the episode on Wikipedia:

The episode received mixed reviews, with the twist ending polarising critical opinion, and some reviewers finding the episode too dark. "Shut Up and Dance" places poorly in critics' rankings of Black Mirror episodes by quality
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shut_U...(Black_Mirror)

So maybe you should try another episode?

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
      That's weird because as I looked up the episode on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shut_U...(Black_Mirror)

So maybe you should try another episode?
      Yeah, you never know what you're getting with a quick google search. Maybe the articles I was referencing were at the top just because they're newer. But I really did not enjoy that episode.

Watched a couple since and enjoyed them much more than "Shut Up and Dance"

Comment

• Sharp Objects has been strangely engrossing. I find myself eagerly awaiting the next episode. I have some guesses on the plot but I still feel like I'm in the dark.

Comment

• Shamless

It gets points for it's Back of the Yards setting and one of the characters just found out he's from Kentucky. So it's a double dirty white boy bullseye for me. Just wish they'd have cast some real Southsiders or someone who can fake a Southside accent. Not one time has anyone said... a couple two-tree, tin crust, yous all gonna, over by dare, gratchki or frunchroom.

Also no one wears a Sox cap or owns a dog named Payton, Jordan or Butkus.

Comment

• Hard Knocks - Not a Browns fan but watched E1 tonight. Good stuff. Landry is a trip. Some great back stories. Wish they were doing the Colts this year with Luck coming back.

Animal Kingdom - Hatosy is a great actor. The custody thing was an unexpected but a one of the greatest pieces of the season.

Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
            Sharp Objects has been strangely engrossing. I find myself eagerly awaiting the next episode. I have some guesses on the plot but I still feel like I'm in the dark.
            Very slow to develop, but good show. What's your guess.

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
            Shamless

It gets points for it's Back of the Yards setting and one of the characters just found out he's from Kentucky. So it's a double dirty white boy bullseye for me. Just wish they'd have cast some real Southsiders or someone who can fake a Southside accent. Not one time has anyone said... a couple two-tree, tin crust, yous all gonna, over by dare, gratchki or frunchroom.

Also no one wears a Sox cap or owns a dog named Payton, Jordan or Butkus.
            Shameless is one of the series all my friends tell me to watch, but I'm not a huge comedy guy. Is the story line more than the comedy?
            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Been watching Alone again this year. This season is "redemption". All ten participants lost in a previous season. They dumped the contestants in a remote area of Mongolia this season. They're down to two or three contestants in only 37 days. Typically they last between 60 - 80 +- days. One guy early in the show tapped out because of intestinal pain. He was having trouble finding something to eat and started making flour out of bark from a white birch tree. One episode left, so someone is about to win $550K

Comment

• Final episode was last night. The two remaining contestants were at 60 days and both were ready to tap at about the same time. Neither had eaten anything in about a week and the temperatures had dropped to under 20 degrees. That along with snow and rain kept them pretty much hold up in the huts they had built. The runner up was just missing his family too much. The winner was a young kid about 24 years old with a wife and two kids. $500K will allow him to buy a house and a reliable car for his wife.

One thing the show doesn't do is show the contestants reactions when they tap out and are told how many contestants are left. I'd love to see their reactions. Especially when they are down to 3 or 4.

Comment

• Binge watched Vikings because I like historical settings and it was filmed in ireland with alot of irish actors but by god its a total mess of a show. the writing is so terrible
                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Meru on Netflix. I couldn't stop saying "these guys are crazy" to myself. Fascinating stories and journey.

Comment

• It's not my kind of thing, but the marketing campaign for The Purge has been absolutely brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                        It's not my kind of thing, but the marketing campaign for The Purge has been absolutely brilliant.
                        Yeah I saw the trailers for that and was like wow this could be amazing.

Comment

• Ozark Season 2 comes out Thursday at Midnight. Pretty pumped for that. Probably going to be my Friday night.

Comment

• Does anyone watch "Expedition Unknown" on Discovery? I'm a fan of the host, Josh Gates.

Anyway, the stolen ruby red slippers wore in the Wizard of Oz, that have been stolen from a Grand Rapids, MN museum for the past 13 years, was found today.

Pretty cool, because just ~2 months ago Josh did an investigation into this, and did some diving in Grand Rapids. Nothing was found on the show, but it picked up national steam.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/0...nesota-museum/
                            Last edited by koonja; 09-04-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• ozark season 2 is good so far
                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                ozark season 2 is good so far
                                Watched S1 last week again, and watching S2 now (and liking it a lot). I enjoyed S1 a lot better the second go around, I think because it was more binge-like. Very good acting all around, especially Ruth/Julia Garner. Never was really a fan of Jason Bateman, but he's done a great job in this series. I think he's directing too?

Also watching Jack Ryan on Amazon. Very good as well.

Mayan MC and The Purge start tonight. Very excited for Mayan MC if it's anything like SOA. Has a pretty good cast.

Comment

• Jack Ryan is really good.

Just finished the first season, and now bummed that it will be at least a year till there’s new stuff.

Krasinski is really good in the show. There’s only a few mannerisms of his that carry over from “Jim Halpert,” or at least only a few that I noticed.

Good plot, action-filled episodes without going full Michael Bay, decent amount of boobs, thrilling climax. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                    Jack Ryan is really good.

Just finished the first season, and now bummed that it will be at least a year till there’s new stuff.

Krasinski is really good in the show. There’s only a few mannerisms of his that carry over from “Jim Halpert,” or at least only a few that I noticed.

Good plot, action-filled episodes without going full Michael Bay, decent amount of boobs, thrilling climax. Good stuff.
                                    I finished Jack Ryan as well. Great stuff.

Finished Ozark as well, and it's better IMO than S1.

Mayan MC was very good and has a lot of potential. Great plot lines.

The Purge.... jury is still out. Decent so far, but not sure where it's going.

Comment

• The UK has some very strong TV series gong on right now if you have access (via stream or Kodi). Body Guard, Black Earth Rising (both BBC), and Strangers (ITV)

Comment

• My wife and I just finished S1, episode 7 of "The Wire".

Does this show ever get good?

Comment

• Comment

My wife and I just finished S1, episode 7 of "The Wire".

If you don't think The Wire is good that's a you problem.

Comment

• Just started Season 2 of American Vandal. I love this show because it's funny but also has all the things I love about normal "whodunit" documentaries.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                If you don't think The Wire is good that's a you problem.
                                                Through S1, E7, it's downright boring.

Comment

• I started the Soparanos a while ago, then stopped for a bit, then came back to it.

Just finished up the finale on my lunch break.

SPOILERS EVEN THOUGH THE SHOW IS PAST THE LEGAL SPOILER LIMIT, SO I DIDN'T REALLY NEED TO TAG IT AS SPOILERS:

He totally died. There is literally no other interpretation that makes sense based on all the clues that lead up to it.

Comment

• I watched all the episodes of Bosch over the last few weeks. Loved the show. Can't wait for season 5.

I thought it was like an amalgam of The Wire/Jesse Stone movies/Law & Order/old gumshoe detective movies.

Comment

My wife and I just finished S1, episode 7 of "The Wire".

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                                                      I watched all the episodes of Bosch over the last few weeks. Loved the show. Can't wait for season 5.

I thought it was like an amalgam of The Wire/Jesse Stone movies/Law & Order/old gumshoe detective movies.
                                                      Loved Bosch. Rewatched all of the previous seasons prior to 4.

Almost done with "The First", a series staring Sean Penn and a few others about man's attempt to reach Mars. Great acting and great audio/visual. It's more about relationships of the people going than the actual trip itself.

Comment

• Stranger Things season 2.

Comment

• Watched Galveston, a movie with Ben Foster, written by Nic Pizzolatto (True Detecive). Very good. Big fan of Foster. Wish Pizzolatto would have directed it too. I believe it was his first book. He wrote it while renting a Victorian from my aunt (while teaching at Depaul).
                                                          Last edited by Irish YJ; 10-25-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                            Watched Galveston, a movie with Ben Foster, written by Nic Pizzolatto (True Detecive). Very good. Big fan of Foster. Wish Pizzolatto would have directed it too. I believe it was his first book. He wrote it while renting a Victorian from my aunt (while teaching at Depaul).
                                                            Where/how did you watch that?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                              Where/how did you watch that?
                                                              Watched it on Comcast On Demand $. I saw it available on Amazon and Google Play as well. I'm sure it's available on Kodi too, but didn't have time to hunt for it.

Comment

Watched it on Comcast On Demand $. I saw it available on Amazon and Google Play as well. I'm sure it's available on Kodi too, but didn't have time to hunt for it.
                                                                Thx. I'll find it in the morning and watch it during ND/Navy packing. Ben Foster is my Christopher Walken of this generation. Plus... he's sleeping with my next wife and future President of the United States, Claire Underwood.

HoC-6 drops a week from tomorrow btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                  Thx. I'll find it in the morning and watch it during ND/Navy packing. Ben Foster is my Christopher Walken of this generation. Plus... he's sleeping with my next wife and future President of the United States, Claire Underwood.

HoC-6 drops a week from tomorrow btw.
                                                                  Foster is one of my favorites. He made Hell or High Water for me. I remember his bit parts in Six Feet Under. Planning to watch Leave No Trace in the next week or so.

And.... Stay away from my women Crusader. She's all mine!!!

Side note... has there ever been a chick that got hotter with age like Robin Wright. Don't get me wrong, she was hot when she was young, but she is simply stunning now. Love that short hair on her.

Comment

• Half way thru Season 3 of Man in the High Castle. Not bad...not great but there’s still time. They’re already working on Season 4

Comment

• Lore is out with a new season on Amazon... enjoyed the first season well enough.
                                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Started watching Homecoming with Julia Roberts (Amazon) and Little Drummer Girl with Michael Shannon/Florence Pugh/Skarsgard (BBC and will be on AMC later this month). Both pretty good.

Watching Outlaw King now. First 30 is good. Very good for a Netflix movie.

Comment

• Has anyone watched Patriot (Amazon Series)?

I keep hearing all kinds of good things about it. The preview just never grabbed me. Trying to decide the next show to start on.

Comment

Has anyone watched Patriot (Amazon Series)?

I keep hearing all kinds of good things about it. The preview just never grabbed me. Trying to decide the next show to start on.
                                                                            Loved Patriot!

Awesome story, superbly written, and hilarious.

Warning though- you kind of have to be in the mood for it and be patient with it. It's sort of like watching a Wes Anderson movie...but over the course of 10 hours instead of 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                                                                              Loved Patriot!

Awesome story, superbly written, and hilarious.

Warning though- you kind of have to be in the mood for it and be patient with it. It's sort of like watching a Wes Anderson movie...but over the course of 10 hours instead of 2.
                                                                              is it more comedy than intrigue?

Comment

• My youngest really wanted to watch Jack Ryan, she’s young but liked Red October and others like that... I have heard it’s far too violent, sexual and filled with cursing tho... true?
                                                                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                                  My youngest really wanted to watch Jack Ryan, she’s young but liked Red October and others like that... I have heard it’s far too violent, sexual and filled with cursing tho... true?
                                                                                  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5057054...ef_=tt_stry_pg

Comment

• Sucks because she’s been begging to watch....

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                                      Sucks because she’s been begging to watch....
                                                                                      i honestly don't recall it being as bad as IMDB paints it, but i think we're all desensitized these days.

Comment

• Watching the Karlaftis bros take on the mighty Tigers of Evansville Memorial, ND All American QB Bob Hargrave's alma mater... along with some guy named Donnie Baseball.

Comment

is it more comedy than intrigue?
                                                                                          Eh, not really. It definitely has an extremely compelling storyline...but is very funny along the way. At times, the comedy overtakes the show, but the compelling storyline is always there. I'll warn you also- it is very dry and subtle humor. Again, you sort of have to be in the mood for it. If you've seen Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, etc., then it is this type of style (although Patriot was not Wes Anderson).

Comment

• Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                                                                                            Eh, not really. It definitely has an extremely compelling storyline...but is very funny along the way. At times, the comedy overtakes the show, but the compelling storyline is always there. I'll warn you also- it is very dry and subtle humor. Again, you sort of have to be in the mood for it. If you've seen Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, etc., then it is this type of style (although Patriot was not Wes Anderson).
                                                                                            thanks much. i'll give it a shot.
                                                                                            currently rewatching the last season of Vikings prepping for the season premier. Patriot is on my list next.,

Comment

• Looking forward to Season 3 of Fortitude. Started last night on Sky Atlantic (first 2 seasons on Amazon Prime). Mystery/thriller about murder and an outbreak in an Arctic town. Great characters. Dennis Quaid, Stanley Tucci, Richard Dormer (GoT), Sofie Grabol (original The Killing), Sienna Guillory, Ken Stott (Hobbit), Michelle Fairley (GoT), plus many more). One of my favs over the last 5 years.

Comment

• So I watched season 1 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel because it got so much hype and it was hilarious. Seriously one of the best shows I've watched in a long time.

Season 2 was released the other day, and it is utter trash. It's all just stupid hijinx and caricatures. No plot, no realism, and not funny. It's utter garbage to the point of pissing me off that they ruined such a good show.

So warning to all, do not watch this show.

Comment

• FCS(D1-AA) playoffs. Man its a joke but the purity of it is fun to see. Still some high level athletes on the field playing in front of <20,000 fans on a weekly basis. Some high school teams average more than most of these teams.
                                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Just noticed Informer (BBC) was available on Amazon Prime. I watched a month or so ago when it came out in the UK. Highly recommend it. Very good story/writing and solid acting.

Comment

• since IYJ called me out, I decided to order HBO so I could watch True Detective. First two episodes have been pretty good.

Also downloaded the Sopranos. The wife and I watched the first four episodes last night. Just as good the second time around.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X