No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished S4 of Bosch this AM. Good stuff.

If you have Kodi or some other access to international series, Deep State on FOX UK is fantastic so far. Finished S4 of Shetland a few weeks back as well as the latest season of Hinterland (both BBC). Both are great shows and earlier seasons available on Netflix. Incredible mood and the locations are amazing.

I've been on an international kick the last couple of years since getting Kodi/Exodus. So many incredible shows like Bron/Broen (the original The Bridge), The Tunnel (UK/France version of The Bridge), Forbrydelsen (the original The Killing), Wallander (UK or Sweedish version, and Les Revenants (The Returned) are just a few. MacMafia, a BBC show, was great and is now running on AMC.

Anyone else out there exploring the foreign jewels?
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Just watched Until the Light Takes Us and Once Upon a Time In Norway. Those dudes that pioneered Norwegian Black Metal weren't messing around.

Links to full documentary of both on YouTube below.

https://youtu.be/hFfB3QXVHRE

https://youtu.be/9gN9eorHBjM
      Last edited by Bluto; 04-19-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Just saw that Netflix might pick up Designated Survivor.

Not that I think it's a 5 star show, but thought it was pretty good and was surprised that ABC was dropping it. I think I like the "anti DC" and "anti Party" elements of it. Anything Maggie Q is always worth a watch lol. Anyway hope Netflix or someone else picks it up.

Comment

• Just finished Cobra Kai... looking forward to season 2 for sure....
          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
            Just finished Cobra Kai... looking forward to season 2 for sure....
            I was pleasantly surprised when I watched the first episode. I assumed I wouldn't like it but couldn't help checking out the first 30. They did a great job of flipping the characters and telling both sides.

Comment

• The Invitation - movie on Netflix - good job of putting the viewer in an uncomfortable, confused state. In a weird way, it adequately captured my distrust of pop culture, ha ha.

Evil Genius was good

The Rain was pretty good but it lost some potency near the end

Comment

• ABC cancels 'Roseanne' after Roseanne Barr compares black Obama aide Jarrett to an ape

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He may be an analyst, but he&#39;s the best chance we have. See <a href="https://twitter.com/johnkrasinski?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JohnKrasinski</a> in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JackRyan?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JackRy an</a>, 8/31 on <a href="https://twitter.com/PrimeVideo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PrimeVideo</a>. <a href="https://t.co/4VQ6dAJc5M">https://t.co/4VQ6dAJc5M</a> <a href="https://t.co/pjrShEbMlo">pic.twitter.com/pjrShEbMlo</a></p>&mdash; Jack Ryan (@jackryanamazon) <a href="https://twitter.com/jackryanamazon/status/1006219509940695042?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looking forward to watching this
                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Anybody watched Letterkenny? I've watched some of the exerpts on You Tube and the writing is spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valpodoc85 View Post
                      Anybody watched Letterkenny? I've watched some of the exerpts on You Tube and the writing is spot on.
                      i don't like Canada

Comment

• Does no one watch "Westworld"?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
                          Does no one watch "Westworld"?
                          I do, just got done watching E9. Love it, but you have to dedicated to sitting, watching, and understanding. A lot of time shifts, language shifts, back story, etc..

edit/add... also really enjoying HBO's Succession. Great wit. Also watching/enjoying the new seasons of The Affair and I'm Dying Up Hear. Great writing for both.
                          Last edited by Irish YJ; 06-17-2018, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Very Canadian, very funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                              I do, just got done watching E9. Love it, but you have to dedicated to sitting, watching, and understanding. A lot of time shifts, language shifts, back story, etc..

edit/add... also really enjoying HBO's Succession. Great wit. Also watching/enjoying the new seasons of The Affair and I'm Dying Up Hear. Great writing for both.
                              Yeah, it's cerebral, for sure. I used to miss a lot of details on first viewing. Now I watch it on the computer, so I can actually hear what's going on.

"Kiksuya" is one of my favorite hours of story-telling, ever. That whole scene where he wakes up, goes to cold-storage, and comes back with the lock... friggin broke me. I've only felt that punch to the gut a few times watching TV. Legit tears for a robot, hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
                                Yeah, it's cerebral, for sure. I used to miss a lot of details on first viewing. Now I watch it on the computer, so I can actually hear what's going on.

"Kiksuya" is one of my favorite hours of story-telling, ever. That whole scene where he wakes up, goes to cold-storage, and comes back with the lock... friggin broke me. I've only felt that punch to the gut a few times watching TV. Legit tears for a robot, hahaha.
                                Kiksuya was awesome.
                                I binged season 1 before the start of S2. I picked up so many things that I missed and gave me a much greater appreciation of the show. I'm often multitasking when watching current episodes, but Kiksuya made me sit down. I think I'll binge S2 after the finale some time, perhaps on vacation in FL in a few months. There's just so much to unpack in some of the episodes.

Comment

• Looking forward to Yellowstone tomorrow on Paramount network.
                                  From Taylor Sheridan who did Hell or Highwater, Sicario, and Sons of Anarchy....

[IMG]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3j2R4fNxTdY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

Comment

• Yeah, looks good... plus Angels baseball has been like a nightly snuff film lately so I should prob watch something else from time to time.
                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Yeah, looks good... plus Angels baseball has been like a nightly snuff film lately so I should prob watch something else from time to time.

The Browns and Angels. You need to love yourself more ACamp.

Comment

The Browns and Angels. You need to love yourself more ACamp.
                                        You don’t know me.....

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This Fall, there’s more to lose than a title. Watch the new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CreedII?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CreedII </a> trailer now. In theaters November 21. <a href="https://t.co/MjMAK66mcH">pic.twitter.com/MjMAK66mcH</a></p>&mdash; #CREED (@creedmovie) <a href="https://twitter.com/creedmovie/status/1009420609628106753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                          <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, I will for sure be watching this.

Comment

• Yeah, I was very skeptical about bringing in the son of Drago for the sequel, but that trailer has me intrigued.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                              Yeah, I was very skeptical about bringing in the son of Drago for the sequel, but that trailer has me intrigued.
                                              I'm curious as to Ivan Drago's role in the plot... is he salty about his loss to Rocky all those years ago, and thus on a mission to exact revenge by training his son to defeat Rocky's protege?

Or is he an estranged father of some sort, trying to get through to his phenom son to tell him that Adonis is not to be taken lightly?

Comment

• I started watching Deadwood. My favorite character got the Ned Stark treatment :(

Comment

• Glow season 2.

I really wish there were more than 10 episodes a season.

Comment

• 11.22.63 on hulu. James Franco goes back in time to save JFK. Pretty decent watch.
                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                      Glow season 2.

I really wish there were more than 10 episodes a season.
                                                      I was pleasantly surprised with season 1. Looking forward to watching 2 in a few weeks.

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                      11.22.63 on hulu. James Franco goes back in time to save JFK. Pretty decent watch.
                                                      Yup, that was good watch. There was talk about a season 2, but not sure it's gonna happen. Only complaint, is that I wish they would have gotten deeper into conspiracy.

Comment

• Anyone watching Succession?

Comment

• Watched Lore and Witching Season... both good. Lore is a modern, slightly over the top retelling of famous cases of folklore in American history like the Mercy BrownCase and such. Witching Seasonhas maybe the best opening credit sequence ever for my money. Love it. Each episode is a short horror film... very clichéd but purposely so. Another love letter to the 80s show really. Love that opening sequence tho, so simple but effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                            Anyone watching Succession?

I am and am really enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone watching Succession?
                                                              great writing, and great cast.
                                                              very enjoyable

Looking forward to Sharp Object starting on HBO this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by dang227 View Post
                                                                I am and am really enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                I appreciated the whole asshole bit. Overall, good story line. Hope they don't try to do too much though.

Comment

great writing, and great cast.
                                                                  very enjoyable

Looking forward to Sharp Object starting on HBO this weekend.
                                                                  Me too.

Comment

Me too.
                                                                    What are your thoughts on Sharp Objects? It's a little to slow for my taste, but I'm hanging in there. I'm guessing things will take a turn soon.

HBO just announced it will make a Deadwood movie... Loved that show.

Comment

• Watching Snowfall (which is a great show), and seeing commercials for "Mayans" which is the spinoff from SoA... getting hyped. Great cast.

Comment

• Landlocked at home waiting for our first born to pop out (due date is today, but no labor yet).

Started Stephen King's "Castle Rock". Episode 1 seemed interesting enough to stick with it.

Anyone seen? Any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                          Landlocked at home waiting for our first born to pop out (due date is today, but no labor yet).

Started Stephen King's "Castle Rock". Episode 1 seemed interesting enough to stick with it.

Anyone seen? Any good?
                                                                          Well I guess I'll just go fuck myself then.

Comment

Doing a lot of that lately I bet lol

Yes, I watched the three available episodes. Pretty good cast and story. I wish Hulu gave you the whole season at once.

Comment

• Who is America on Showtime.
                                                                              Just caught up this morning.
                                                                              Sacha Baron Cohen is gold.

Comment

And for another 6-8 weeks afterwards.

Comment

• The wife and I tried watching American Horror Story this past weekend... we fought through the first two episodes and concluded it's just not for us. It felt more disturbing and uncomfortable than eerie or scary. Not surprising though as I feel that way about most of the modern day horror genre.

Comment

The wife and I tried watching American Horror Story this past weekend... we fought through the first two episodes and concluded it's just not for us. It felt more disturbing and uncomfortable than eerie or scary. Not surprising though as I feel that way about most of the modern day horror genre.
                                                                                    Some seasons are good, some are bad. IMO, they overdo the "artsy" shit. Last season was horrible, and was nothing more than politics for 10 episodes. IIRC, it's renewed for another 2 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Yes, I watched the three available episodes. Pretty good cast and story. I wish Hulu gave you the whole season at once.
                                                                                      With that newborn he's going to be doing a lot of that for a while. lol

Comment

• big animal kingdom fan
                                                                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                          big animal kingdom fan
                                                                                          Great cast. Barkin and Pope are fantastic. Only 2 eps left.

Just started watching "Damages" last week since it came on to Amazon Prime. Great show. I forgot how good Glen Close is.

.

Comment

• Watched Black Mirror last night because I heard so much about it. Googled top 10 episodes, and "shut up and dance" appeared in the first two lists.

Watched it.

WTF? How was that good by any measure?

Comment

Watched Black Mirror last night because I heard so much about it. Googled top 10 episodes, and "shut up and dance" appeared in the first two lists.

Watched it.

WTF? How was that good by any measure?
                                                                                              It requires more brain power to understand and appreciate then someone with your Family Guy level mental processing power.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                                It requires more brain power to understand and appreciate then someone with your Family Guy level mental processing power.

Edit - sorry for responding like a jerk
                                                                                                Last edited by koonja; 08-11-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Lol. That was almost a complete sentence. No wonder you stick to 3 word rips for the past 5 years.

And no, there was no hidden meaning missed. Just a bad story that was suspenseful but leaves you feeling sick.
                                                                                                  Or it's just not your thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                                    Or it's just not your thing.

It's both. It was a sick ending and therefore not my thing.

Comment

It's both. It was a sick ending and therefore not my thing.
                                                                                                      The vast majority of episodes have a depressing/sad ending.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X