What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    I got HBO Max; pretty good so far. Definitely happy to have access to the Ghibli stuff
    never pictured you as an anime guy
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
      never pictured you as an anime guy
      I'm not really one, but the Ghibli movies are so well done that I love them. Plus I love how whimsical they've been (Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service)

Comment

• Watched Echos in the Canyon. Pretty good. A couple of interesting tidbits without spoiling things.

Neil Young quit Buffalo Springfield the night they were to get on a plane for a major appearance the next day.

Michelle Phillips liked to screw! lol

Trying to figure how to watch the one on Epix without having to subscribe and unsubscribe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
          Watched Echos in the Canyon. Pretty good. A couple of interesting tidbits without spoiling things.

Neil Young quit Buffalo Springfield the night they were to get on a plane for a major appearance the next day.

Michelle Phillips liked to screw! lol

Trying to figure how to watch the one on Epix without having to subscribe and unsubscribe.
          Kodi is the best answer, especially if you have a Fire Stick
          If you have Comcast, they have free Watchathons every few months, and Epix is typically is inlcluded. Also if you have a Fire Stick, Epix has a pretty easy 7 day free period.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
            I got HBO Max; pretty good so far. Definitely happy to have access to the Ghibli stuff
            So so so happy to finally have access to that collection.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Looking forward to watching the Bruce Lee 30 for 30 tomorrow night.
              I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                Looking forward to watching the Bruce Lee 30 for 30 tomorrow night.
                <iframe width="600" height="330" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8-R7SZ1wgNY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Coming at the end of the month

<iframe width="600" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kravoxhVYBg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Been watching "Grant" on the history channel. Pretty interesting. The guy may have had a drinking problem, but he knew how to lead an army.

Comment

Coming at the end of the month

<iframe width="600" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kravoxhVYBg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      Quite possibly my favorite show, ever

Comment

Coming at the end of the month

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                        Quite possibly my favorite show, ever
                        It's in my top 5 for sure. Beyond excited for the final season. I may binge/rewatch Seasons 1 and 2 this week to get ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                          It's in my top 5 for sure. Beyond excited for the final season. I may binge/rewatch Seasons 1 and 2 this week to get ready.
                          It's such a detailed plot line that you really need to re-watch... Not a show you can watch casually.

Comment

• Watched a couple of episodes on History Channel of some guys looking for hidden treasures from WWII the Japanese buried in the Philipines. Much like that show about Oak Island I think if you watch a couple of episodes you've probably seen everything you need to know.

On a more exciting note, Alone returns tomorrow night. $1M up for grabs if they can last 100 days in the Arctic. Previews look like this will be the toughest one yet.

Comment

• E1 of Alone went an hour and a half. Not all of the participants were shown. Primarily focused on one guy from TN. He already was finding something to eat and had most of his shelter built when he lost his fire starter and tapped on Day 10. Didn't even try to build a fire using one of the friction methods.

Comment

• Watched Da 5 Bloods today. Mixed feelings. Could have been much much better IMO.

I love Delroy Lindo, and The Wire guys Clarke Peters and Isiah Whitlock Jr., so wasn't all that bad.

Mélanie Thierry is smokin'

Comment

• Re-watched S2 of Yellowstone last week in prep for S3 last Sunday. I think it's my favorite show right now.

Currently catching up on Billions, which is in the conversation too for favorite show. Love the cast and writing, but I really think they need to go beyond the Bobby vs Chuck narrative. I was excited last season thinking they would, but it came right back around. I think I'm on E3. Hoping that Hard Bob becomes a regular fixture lol. Another great supporting character.

Considering a full re-watch of Dark leading up to the series finale (S3), but it's a show that requires a lot of focus. Not sure I have it in me right now lol.

Comment

• Half way through S2 of Succession. Only started it on Friday night. Unreal. Can’t stop watching. Worth all the praise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                      Half way through S2 of Succession. Only started it on Friday night. Unreal. Can’t stop watching. Worth all the praise.
                                      One of my favs too. Great characters/cast, writing, dialog, etc.. The dialog and quirkiness reminds me a little of billions. Culkin is hilarious.

Comment

E1 of Alone went an hour and a half. Not all of the participants were shown. Primarily focused on one guy from TN. He already was finding something to eat and had most of his shelter built when he lost his fire starter and tapped on Day 10. Didn't even try to build a fire using one of the friction methods.
                                        Watched two episodes last night. I really enjoyed the concept in earlier shows. It will be interesting to see how the 100 days plays out. Regardless, it's a tough gig,

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

E1 of Alone went an hour and a half. Not all of the participants were shown. Primarily focused on one guy from TN. He already was finding something to eat and had most of his shelter built when he lost his fire starter and tapped on Day 10. Didn't even try to build a fire using one of the friction methods.
                                          Looks like all the initial episodes are going to be an hour plus. E2 had someone tap as well.

90 days is a long long time to make friction fires or have to attempt to keep a single fire going (especially once winter would set in) and he admittedly wasnt great at friction methods. They didnt really show how long he looked for his fire starter, but I sure hope he combed his path over quite a few times before he tapped.
                                          Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                            Looks like all the initial episodes are going to be an hour plus. E2 had someone tap as well.

90 days is a long long time to make friction fires or have to attempt to keep a single fire going (especially once winter would set in) and he admittedly wasnt great at friction methods. They didnt really show how long he looked for his fire starter, but I sure hope he combed his path over quite a few times before he tapped.
                                            I have to believe he looked up and down that path multiple times. I imagine he was so worried about finding it he forgot to take the camera with him or he just forgot to turn it on. That's one thing I would put on a string and keep it around my neck.

Comment

• Started doing a full re-watch of Dark before I start on S3. Season 1 is so freaking good. I'm doing dubs this time to make it easier, and it's not that bad. I'll likely go back to subs for S3.

Anyone started S3 yet? If so, let me know your thoughts.

Still a little surprised there's no deal to make a US version. HBO or similar network could do very well IMO.

Comment

• Finished watching WWII Race to Victory and Grant. Both on History channel. Lots of insight. Highly recommend both if you’re interested in the Civil War or WWII.

Comment

• Currently bouncing around Waco, Longmire, Godless, Queen of the South and various Netflix cooking shows,... wife and I have been here for weeks now. Almost done with Waco and Godless as they’re short but each has been good thus far
                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• I've been bouncing back & forth between Everybody Hates Chris and House Of Payne. Both are hilarious. Succession is next.
                                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                      Currently bouncing around Waco, Longmire, Godless, Queen of the South and various Netflix cooking shows,... wife and I have been here for weeks now. Almost done with Waco and Godless as they’re short but each has been good thus far
                                                      Waco recently popped up in my suggested list. Was pleasantly surprised, especially by the guy who played David Koresh.

Comment

• Waco was pretty good. I also thought the actor that played Koresh did a good job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                          I've been bouncing back & forth between Everybody Hates Chris and House Of Payne. Both are hilarious. Succession is next.
                                                          Succession is a great series. Great writing, great characters, and awesome dialog. Some seriously funny AF moments. Love Culkin's character. Snook has a nice .....

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                          Currently bouncing around Waco, Longmire, Godless, Queen of the South and various Netflix cooking shows,... wife and I have been here for weeks now. Almost done with Waco and Godless as they’re short but each has been good thus far
                                                          Alice Braga is smokin

Comment

• Was ready to watch Billions when I saw it wasn't airing a second week in a row. Thought last week was being preempted for the BLM airing, but when I saw it wasn't on last night, I looked and found they stopped filming due to COVID.

Watched Yellowstone instead.

Watched Adam's Rib on TCM yesterday. Great Tracy & Hepburn movie.

Comment

Started doing a full re-watch of Dark before I start on S3. Season 1 is so freaking good. I'm doing dubs this time to make it easier, and it's not that bad. I'll likely go back to subs for S3.

Anyone started S3 yet? If so, let me know your thoughts.

Still a little surprised there's no deal to make a US version. HBO or similar network could do very well IMO.
                                                              I did a full rewatch to get ready for S3 and I am through 3 episodes. Interesting start but slightly predictable. I expect things to really crank up soon.

Comment

I did a full rewatch to get ready for S3 and I am through 3 episodes. Interesting start but slightly predictable. I expect things to really crank up soon.
                                                                I finished S2 late last night. Going to start S3 this evening I think. Glad I did a full rewatch. Just so much info and back story.

I don't want to spoil for anyone, but I ended S2 with the same irritated attitude about closed circular loop (mom/daughter) I did the first time I watched lol. It's the only part of the show that really annoyed me. Even with that though, love the show.

Comment

I finished S2 late last night. Going to start S3 this evening I think. Glad I did a full rewatch. Just so much info and back story.

I don't want to spoil for anyone, but I ended S2 with the same irritated attitude about closed circular loop (mom/daughter) I did the first time I watched lol. It's the only part of the show that really annoyed me. Even with that though, love the show.
                                                                  Why did you find that annoying?

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                    Why did you find that annoying?
                                                                    I get it that it's science fiction, but most of it is based on premises you can somewhat buy into, or understand. That circular closed loop just defies logic and is too far outside the realm of possibility. You can't have a chicken or an egg, if you don't have a chicken or an egg to begin with.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The popular video game <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Fallout?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Fallout </a> is officially being adapted as TV series on Amazon.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Westworld?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Westw orld</a> creators Lisa Joy and Jonah Nolan will helm the project. <a href="https://t.co/a9NpyaqUng">pic.twitter.com/a9NpyaqUng</a></p>&mdash; Rotten Tomatoes (@RottenTomatoes) <a href="https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1278736848215355392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The popular video game <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Fallout?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Fallout </a> is officially being adapted as TV series on Amazon.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Westworld?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Westw orld</a> creators Lisa Joy and Jonah Nolan will helm the project. <a href="https://t.co/a9NpyaqUng">pic.twitter.com/a9NpyaqUng</a></p>&mdash; Rotten Tomatoes (@RottenTomatoes) <a href="https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1278736848215355392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                        Dont F this up guys...
                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Finished Dark S3. Decent, but not great. Definitely several notches down from S1.

Comment

Finished Dark S3. Decent, but not great. Definitely several notches down from S1.
                                                                            Watching the last episode of season 3 tonight. But so far, it just feels empty.

Season 1 was without doubt my favorite single season of TV, ever.

I think the "mystery" aspect was revealed a little too earlier and now its about "just following along". Doesn't have the same revaltions as prior

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

• How could you so massively fuck up Unsolved Mysteries!?!? The creators should never be allowed around a production set ever again lol. I felt my childhood dying watching that mess.
                                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                Watching the last episode of season 3 tonight. But so far, it just feels empty.

Season 1 was without doubt my favorite single season of TV, ever.

I think the "mystery" aspect was revealed a little too earlier and now its about "just following along". Doesn't have the same revaltions as prior

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                                                                Yup, S1 was incredible. The depth of story was off the charts.

I was waiting on a WTF brain blasting moment in S3 that just never happened. I think they just got lazy after S1. Some of the science fiction theory stuff just seemed so manufactured , and they even broke some of their own rules.

The only thing that got better in S3 were some of the haircuts...

Comment

• SPOILERS

S3 of Dark was entertaining but definitely not as good as S1 or S2. The one thing I really didn't understand was why there was no Jonas in the alternate reality Martha world. I also think they ignored a lot of the really interesting characters in favor of new ones (i.e. we barely saw Noah). Also teen Magnus and especially Franceska were essentially absent.

I did like how they explained or visualized various things we knew happened (i.e. Katharina was killed by her mom and that's how the necklace got there). I think I spent too much time on Reddit so some things that happened I basically expected and maybe would have been more surprised if I stayed away from forums.
                                                                                  Last edited by gkIrish; 07-06-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Finished Dark S3. Decent, but not great. Definitely several notches down from S1.
                                                                                    So, my wife and I just started Dark over the weekend. We’re 4 episodes in and love it. Good recommendation on this one. Wouldn’t have watched it if I didn’t read the comments here.

But, I do have a question. Is it a different storyline each season or is their carryover from season to season?

Comment

• Been watching old Unsolved episodes with my girls,... the new one was a decent crime drama but had nothing of the original feel, and that gave me a sad.

Comment

• Real Rob on Netflix is pretty damn funny

Comment

• My wife and mother-in-law watched Hamilton on Disney+ two nights ago and have been streaming the soundtrack nonstop since. I may be biased by my Twitter presence, because Lin-Manuel Miranda is one of the most obnoxious people on the internet, but I refuse to watch it. F*ck musicals in general, but that one in particular.

My kids have been working their way through the Studio Ghibli and GKids catalogues all summer, and it's been amazing. They're easily the most beautifully animated and wholesome stories available right now. Highly recommended.

Looking to start West World tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                            So, my wife and I just started Dark over the weekend. We’re 4 episodes in and love it. Good recommendation on this one. Wouldn’t have watched it if I didn’t read the comments here.

But, I do have a question. Is it a different storyline each season or is their carryover from season to season?
                                                                                            Carries over. It's all interconnected.

Comment

My wife and mother-in-law watched Hamilton on Disney+ two nights ago and have been streaming the soundtrack nonstop since. I may be biased by my Twitter presence, because Lin-Manuel Miranda is one of the most obnoxious people on the internet, but I refuse to watch it. F*ck musicals in general, but that one in particular.

My kids have been working their way through the Studio Ghibli and GKids catalogues all summer, and it's been amazing. They're easily the most beautifully animated and wholesome stories available right now. Highly recommended.

Looking to start West World tonight.
                                                                                              S1 of West World is awesome. S2 was a step down and I haven’t been able to finish S3 yet.

Comment

My wife and mother-in-law watched Hamilton on Disney+ two nights ago and have been streaming the soundtrack nonstop since. I may be biased by my Twitter presence, because Lin-Manuel Miranda is one of the most obnoxious people on the internet, but I refuse to watch it. F*ck musicals in general, but that one in particular.
                                                                                                As a guy who unashamedly loves the shit out of musicals, I don't understand people who dislike them. It's basically a play, but with more complexity and talent on display. There are certainly bad musicals, but the use of musical lietmotifs and themes in good musicals mean that they can provide amazing emotional highs and lows that typical drama struggles to provide. If someone dislikes musicals, I can see why they wouldn't like Hamilton. But for me? Yeah Hamilton kicks ass. Great performances, catchy music with some all-time Broadway bangers, clever writing that treats you like an adult and only really opens up after repeat listens, plus its a great modernization of American history that packs a ton of information into its runtime. As a musical lover who also loves revolution-era history, its basically a bullseye for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                                  As a guy who unashamedly loves the shit out of musicals, I don't understand people who dislike them. It's basically a play, but with more complexity and talent on display. There are certainly bad musicals, but the use of musical lietmotifs and themes in good musicals mean that they can provide amazing emotional highs and lows that typical drama struggles to provide. If someone dislikes musicals, I can see why they wouldn't like Hamilton. But for me? Yeah Hamilton kicks ass. Great performances, catchy music with some all-time Broadway bangers, clever writing that treats you like an adult and only really opens up after repeat listens, plus its a great modernization of American history that packs a ton of information into its runtime. As a musical lover who also loves revolution-era history, its basically a bullseye for me.
                                                                                                  Basically where I'm at with musicals.

<iframe width="961" height="721" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7RbF2LR7h7I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
                                                                                                    Basically where I'm at with musicals.

.
                                                                                                    But the swaying is the best part!

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                                      Maybe I'm just a philistine, but song and dance (at least in the way that Broadway does it) never enhances the story-telling, and can only detract from it. Now if the plot is secondary to an overall "experience", like a romance where the show pieces are designed to convey the arc of attraction > estrangement > reconciliation > union on a more visceral/ emotional level, then I can definitely see the appeal for women. But that's basically just a more high-brow version of the sentimental garbage that the Hallmark channel churns out.

So in conclusion... more like gayhammer90.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X