What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    I'm a Trekkie from way back, so yes watched it, and posted something when it first came out. I thought Picard was much better than their other ST series. Much much better. Wouldn't say it's an awesome show, but good if you like ST, or the actors.

Crus just over critiquing the lack of real hill billy talk...
    Blasted through Picard. Solid 8.5 for me. Really liked it and can't wait for the S2

One can not over critique bad accents. When the best soundin redneck on your show is from Australia, sumpin iz wrohng.

That said, I start S2 of Justified in 25 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
      Blasted through Picard. Solid 8.5 for me. Really liked it and can't wait for the S2

One can not over critique bad accents. When the best soundin redneck on your show is from Australia, sumpin iz wrohng.

Justified is awesome. I'm a big fan of Goggins and Tim O. And the chicks were good too. Both Ava and Wynona. I love Bosch and thought Justified was just as good.

BTW, I'm from Indy, but have plenty of fam from KY. It was hard on the ears until I got used to it. But didn't take long.

I'm a big fan of Stewart (Picard) too. Pill is a good actress too, and Treadaway has plenty of cred (was great in Mr. Mercedes). Loved how they brought in old characters throughout the series, but didn't rely on them. And I'm always down for Jeri Ryan... Yum.... I've always thought Hurd was hot too.
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

How would you compare to Big Little Lies (I really enjoyed S1).
        LFE 7 BLI 8.5

Comment

I started S4 last night. It hasn't dropped off a bit IMO. I had a man crush on Olyphant when I saw Deadwood. Now one of my favorite actors. I think I love him. Don't tell the wife. lol

Comment

• Watched the first four episodes of The Last Dance. Would probably enjoy it more if I were a Bulls fan, but I do like the insights and the stuff that happened behind the scenes that the average fan doesn't get to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
              I started S4 last night. It hasn't dropped off a bit IMO. I had a man crush on Olyphant when I saw Deadwood. Now one of my favorite actors. I think I love him. Don't tell the wife. lol
              Let me fix this for you:

He's a former SC athlete.

Comment

Let me fix this for you:

He's a former SC athlete.
                Yeah, I know.

Comment

• Just finished the 3rd season of Broadchurch. Loved the show. Wished they would have done a 4th season.

Comment

Yeah, I know.
                    Say hey to Koon in the land of Permabanthia.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankeehater View Post
                      Just finished the 3rd season of Broadchurch. Loved the show. Wished they would have done a 4th season.
                      Yup, it was a good show. Did you know they remade it US style. The name of the show was Gracepoint. Only lasted one season. Same lead (Tennant), with a slightly different story.

Comment

Yup, it was a good show. Did you know they remade it US style. The name of the show was Gracepoint. Only lasted one season. Same lead (Tennant), with a slightly different story.
                        Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check it out.

Comment

• watched "How to fix a drug scandal" on Netflix the other day. Certainly not going to win many awards for the actual visuals but interesting story nonetheless. Over 35,000 drug cases over turn in Massachusetts because of fraudulent drug labs.
                          Prehistoric

Comment

• The Last Dance
                            Within the first 15 minutes Michael makes that Heisman winner from 93' wish he had stayed in football...

Michael,...... yes I'm on a first name bases with him. He shouldn't be judged by today's standards, and until someone changes the way tough Is spelled.... He should not be talked about with the kids of today..
                            LJ needs to admit what the softness of our society has done to the NBA... I'd respect him more.

The night he hit all of those 3's against Portland... I was sitting at a restaurant called BW3's.(we all called It that anyway) Y'all might know It as Buffalo Wild Wings....
                            Last edited by Circa; 05-03-2020, 08:25 PM.
                            I was smarter when I drank...
                            I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• Just saw CBS is doing a reboot of The Equalizer starring Queen Latifah, and a Silence of the Lambs sequel called Clarice.

Not sure how I fee about QL being the Equalizer lol, but I'm super excited about Clarice. I absolutely loved Hannibal with Mads and Dancy. Great great show. Hope the same people are involved. I loved the Equalizer as a kid, but just can't envision the new take...

Comment

• Also, binged "Gangs of London" this week on Sky (Euro network). Very solid with great actors and writing (a few GoTs folks). Not sure how I feel about the ending, but very enjoyable. Not available in the states yet (unless you have Kodi) but should be available in the next few weeks on one of the premiums.

Comment

• Binge watched Top Boy on Netflix yesterday. Started a bit slow but it picked up pretty quickly. Overall it was pretty good. Really liked the use of the music in setting the tone for some of the scenes.

Comment

• Watched Paramount's Waco, now on Netflix. I really enjoyed it. Pretty one sided take but the Feds should NEVER had done that. Should've worked with local/state to get him on child abuse/polygamy charges and then got inside on a warrant. He would've been easy to take into custody while away from the compound.

The thought that it was all about the ATF getting a perpwalk out of Koresh to make up for their handling of Ruby Ridge makes me want all of them in Levenworth where they belong... IF that's what it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                                      Binge watched Top Boy on Netflix yesterday. Started a bit slow but it picked up pretty quickly. Overall it was pretty good. Really liked the use of the music in setting the tone for some of the scenes.
                                      Did you do the early seasons (1 & 2 from 2011 and 13), or the revival (from last year). I watched part of S1 and loved it, but had to pull back. It's on my list to go back and finish all of it.

Comment

• Moneyball.
                                        This movie and the lead actor are both the same in a nutshell. Neither get the credit and they both have the nuts to be an important part of society.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PlKDQqKh03Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We as Notre Dame fans and followers need a Billy Beane!

The Houston Astros got caught.. Just like big money SEC/ESPN needs to be... Let's not get interrupted this year by crooked Ref's.
                                        Last edited by Circa; 05-10-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Did you do the early seasons (1 & 2 from 2011 and 13), or the revival (from last year). I watched part of S1 and loved it, but had to pull back. It's on my list to go back and finish all of it.
                                          It was seasons 1 and 2 from 11 and 13. I enjoyed it. Not as good as the first 2 seasons of The Wire, but still very good.

Comment

• Watched a Ronny Chieng comedy special. Had no idea who the guys was. Gotta say I was laughing my balls off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                                              It was seasons 1 and 2 from 11 and 13. I enjoyed it. Not as good as the first 2 seasons of The Wire, but still very good.
                                              Cool. If you watch S3 on Netflix, please ping me and let me know your thoughts.

Hard to beat the Wire.

Comment

• Just started watching Dead to Me on Netflix. Stars Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. Will Ferrel is one of the producers. Not a chick flick. Very, very good IMO.

Comment

Just started watching Dead to Me on Netflix. Stars Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. Will Ferrel is one of the producers. Not a chick flick. Very, very good IMO.
                                                  Finished up Dead to Me. Definitely worth your time.

Started watching Damages. Based around attorneys, rich clients and murder. Finished two episodes. Not too bad

Comment

• Just wrapped up Justified. Glad it was recommended. Enjoyed it a lot. The ending was pretty good.

Comment

• Finished Homeland last night. Really strong final season and I loved the ending.

Overall it was a show that had great seasons and some bad ones, too, but it's solidly in the top 20ish for me all-time.

Comment

• Watched the first episode of White Lines (new on Netflix), and it was pretty good.

If you have Comcast, they are doing a free watchathon week. Most on-demand is free.

Crus - if you have Comcast, you have a few days to binge Westworld. Sorry, meant to post earlier this week, but took another week off the board and watched some foreign language stuff.

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                        Finished Homeland last night. Really strong final season and I loved the ending.

Overall it was a show that had great seasons and some bad ones, too, but it's solidly in the top 20ish for me all-time.
                                                        Really loved the ending. It's rare to say that about a long running series. I thought it was perfect.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                        Just wrapped up Justified. Glad it was recommended. Enjoyed it a lot. The ending was pretty good.
                                                        It was such a good show. It's been such a long time ago, it's now on my list for a re-watch. That's a long list though.

Finished up Dead to Me. Definitely worth your time.

Started watching Damages. Based around attorneys, rich clients and murder. Finished two episodes. Not too bad
                                                        I have a lot of friends of all races, sexes, etc that have talked highly about the show. My mom, who doesn't watch a lot of series even asked me about it because one of her friends mentioned it. I just have a hard time getting over the Christina Applegate thingy lol.

Comment

• Watched the Beastie Boys Story on Apple+ (got a year free with a new iPhone).

Maybe I don’t watch enough documentary content in general, but I thought it was a unique and well done style of story telling. Mixing photography, music and video clips with a stage presentation by Mike D and ADROCK was pretty cool.

Got bummed out by MCA’s untimely death all over again, and the regret is stronger than ever that I never got to see them live.

Comment

Watched the first episode of White Lines (new on Netflix), and it was pretty good.

If you have Comcast, they are doing a free watchathon week. Most on-demand is free.

Crus - if you have Comcast, you have a few days to binge Westworld. Sorry, meant to post earlier this week, but took another week off the board and watched some foreign language stuff.
                                                            I've got Cox for the rest of the month then cutting the cord.

We're gonna do HBO in June and clean up a couple of shows. We've seen S1 & 2 of Westworld.

Then July it's on to Showtime.

Have Hulu this month. It's proved to be a great network for us. Seinfeld/Justified for me. The Little Lies show,d Handmades Tale & others for the girls.

Comment

• Longmire finally got super interesting,... on season 3 now. Once the whole election thing passed everything else just kicks into full gear
                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

I've got Cox for the rest of the month then cutting the cord.

We're gonna do HBO in June and clean up a couple of shows. We've seen S1 & 2 of Westworld.

Then July it's on to Showtime.

Have Hulu this month. It's proved to be a great network for us. Seinfeld/Justified for me. The Little Lies show,d Handmades Tale & others for the girls.
                                                                If you haven't watched Secession on HBO, give it a shot. If you like the dialog style of Billions, you'll like Secession.

I like Hulu, but they just don't have the volume of others. I follow the H's Tale, Castle Rock, Devs, and really enjoyed the Looming Tower (drama miniseries a few years ago on intelligence, or really the lack of, during 9/11). Still haven't done the Little Fires show, and have had Chance on my list for a while now. I was surprised Chance was canceled as I heard it got good reviews. Anyway, the cancellation moved it further down my list...

Comment

• Just watched the first two episodes of Billions S5. Looks like it will be as good as previous seasons.

Comment

• I picked "Narcos" back up. I watched the 1st 2 seasons when it first came out (remember how every other freaking guy had the theme song as his ring tone?). I thought the first 2 seasons were awesome but I wasn't sold on a season focused on Cali and having agent Pena as the lead would be as compelling. Pedro Pascal is a good actor, but his character really wasn't built to be a strong lead, he was better as the noble but morally compromised partner. Season 3 turned out better than I expected. It was smart to make it more of an ensemble with lots of different characters and intersecting story lines.

I'm into "Narcos: Mexico" now and it is definitely a step up from Season 3. The 2 lead characters are interesting so I look forward to the back-and-forth between the DEA and cartel threads. It's not like the first 2 seasons where you couldn't wait for them to get back to Pablo Escobar whenever he was off-screen. Wagner Moura did such an incredible job in that role.

Comment

• Watching "Occupied" S1 this week on Netflix (3 seasons). 7.7 IMDB, 91%. Set in Norway, where the Russians have just invaded with the support of the EU (because Norway was shutting off oil). Slow the first couple episodes, but is very good once things pick up. On the last episode and already looking forward to S2.

Just watched the first two episodes of Billions S5. Looks like it will be as good as previous seasons.
                                                                      I'm letting it build up on my DVR since we're in plague days, and binging other stuff. It's been hard not watching.

Originally posted by Black Irish View Post
                                                                      I picked "Narcos" back up. I watched the 1st 2 seasons when it first came out (remember how every other freaking guy had the theme song as his ring tone?). I thought the first 2 seasons were awesome but I wasn't sold on a season focused on Cali and having agent Pena as the lead would be as compelling. Pedro Pascal is a good actor, but his character really wasn't built to be a strong lead, he was better as the noble but morally compromised partner. Season 3 turned out better than I expected. It was smart to make it more of an ensemble with lots of different characters and intersecting story lines.

I'm into "Narcos: Mexico" now and it is definitely a step up from Season 3. The 2 lead characters are interesting so I look forward to the back-and-forth between the DEA and cartel threads. It's not like the first 2 seasons where you couldn't wait for them to get back to Pablo Escobar whenever he was off-screen. Wagner Moura did such an incredible job in that role.
                                                                      I did the same (watched early seasons, then never got back to it). I finally finished it up early this year and agree with everything you said. I really enjoyed the Mexico series, and loved how they pulled the other characters in from time to time. I'm hoping they bring back Pena.

Comment

• Looks like a Good 30for30 tonight.
                                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;The first time you ever doped, how old were you?&quot;<br><br>LANCE, Part 1 premieres tonight at 9 PM ET on ESPN. <a href="https://t.co/VrjM5054oy">pic.twitter.com/VrjM5054oy</a></p>&mdash; 30 for 30 (@30for30) <a href="https://twitter.com/30for30/status/1264570759185399809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Joe Rogan also has a great Podcast with Lance....#737

Here's another clip from another time too..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vot-s5p1l5A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No Goofy people allowed to watch....
                                                                        Last edited by Circa; 05-24-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• "There's nothing like the sight of an amputated spirit"<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TuYhfCkRxyE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Just finished watching Just Mercy. Kind of fits the theme for the past couple days.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GVQbeG5yW78" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1VFtzfnbmvs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Going to post in the What Are You Listening thread too...

Watched the premier of Laurel Canyon last night on Epix. Awesome documentary. If you're a fan of 60s and 70s music, it's a much watch. First episode included stuff on CSN, Buf Spr, Joni Mitchell, Clapton, Mommas and Papas, Doors, and a lot more. I was totally blown away to find out that Alice Cooper was part of the whole Laurel Canyon scene hanging out with the Monkeys, CSN, M&Ps, etc.. I just can't imagine lol... Hyped for E2.

<iframe width="600" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xfXPjP50z5I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Going to post in the What Are You Listening thread too...

Watched the premier of Laurel Canyon last night on Epix. Awesome documentary. If you're a fan of 60s and 70s music, it's a much watch. First episode included stuff on CSN, Buf Spr, Joni Mitchell, Clapton, Mommas and Papas, Doors, and a lot more. I was totally blown away to find out that Alice Cooper was part of the whole Laurel Canyon scene hanging out with the Monkeys, CSN, M&Ps, etc.. I just can't imagine lol... Hyped for E2.

<iframe width="600" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xfXPjP50z5I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                Right in the wheel house of my youth. Will definitely watch this.

Comment

• Watched the show on Joe Exotic that was on Investigation ID last night. Don't waste your time. It was 98% about the life of the guy that was filming Joe for the reality show.

Comment

Right in the wheel house of my youth. Will definitely watch this.
                                                                                    I really loved how they spent a lot of time on the personal goings ons of people, and the direct interviews were very cool too.

I always new Laurel Canyon was a hot spot, but had no idea some of these guys were living literally next door or on the same block, and intermingling as much as they did.

And of course, great music mixed in.

Comment

I really loved how they spent a lot of time on the personal goings ons of people, and the direct interviews were very cool too.

I always new Laurel Canyon was a hot spot, but had no idea some of these guys were living literally next door or on the same block, and intermingling as much as they did.

And of course, great music mixed in.
                                                                                      Is this new? I just watched something recently about the LC music scene.

Comment

• Buddy of mine had me watch the 1st couple episodes of The Ranch -- absolutely terrible. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                          Buddy of mine had me watch the 1st couple episodes of The Ranch -- absolutely terrible. Am I missing something?
                                                                                          The woooooooooooorst.

The only audience is hot 50 somethings who don't know who to go for, Ashton or Sam.

Comment

Is this new? I just watched something recently about the LC music scene.
                                                                                            Yep. Docu series on Epix that premiered this week . Ep 1 was awesome. I got a sadz when I found out it was only 2 eps.

Comment

Yep. Docu series on Epix that premiered this week . Ep 1 was awesome. I got a sadz when I found out it was only 2 eps.
                                                                                              Got it. I recently watched Echo in the Canyon which was done by Jacob Dillon.

BTW... this is a great trailer.

<iframe width="650" height="336" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QRVFBQHBUls" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="650" height="336" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tjr1S6ZL8cg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                              Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-03-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Got it. I recently watched Echo in the Canyon which was done by Jacob Dillon.

BTW... this is a great trailer.
                                                                                                Awesome, thanks Crus. I'll try to find it. Was it Netflix/Amazon, etc?

I'm enjoyed the Epix Ep so much, might try to watch this tonight.

Comment

• Found this too. Looks like the short clip you posted (second vid) may be part of the below.

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RRJD5fBD9UY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• I got HBO Max; pretty good so far. Definitely happy to have access to the Ghibli stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                                      Awesome, thanks Crus. I'll try to find it. Was it Netflix/Amazon, etc?

I'm enjoyed the Epix Ep so much, might try to watch this tonight.
                                                                                                      Watched those trailers. You guys got me pumped.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X