No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to Homeland ending... I love the show, but I can't stand Carrie. I think it would be so much better without her annoying storylines.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
      Looking forward to Homeland ending... I love the show, but I can't stand Carrie. I think it would be so much better without her annoying storylines.
      I'm a little tired of her mental state plot lines. They haven't spent too much time on it this season though. Great show though.
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
        I'm a little tired of her mental state plot lines. They haven't spent too much time on it this season though. Great show though.
        Agreed. I say I am looking forward to the series ending with some disappointment because seasons 1-3 were must watch TV, maybe some of the best of any show ever. Even some of the later seasons were still excellent. This season is fine, hopefully they are able to tie everything together. I think it's pretty clear that *SPOILERS AHEAD* the helicopter either crashed accidentally or Afghan VP shot it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
          Agreed. I say I am looking forward to the series ending with some disappointment because seasons 1-3 were must watch TV, maybe some of the best of any show ever. Even some of the later seasons were still excellent. This season is fine, hopefully they are able to tie everything together. I think it's pretty clear that *SPOILERS AHEAD* the helicopter either crashed accidentally or Afghan VP shot it down.
          Damian Lewis dying off was a huge talent loss. Billions is now one of my favs along with Yellowstone, Secession and a few others. I was surprised it continued to be good. I actually like Danes, just was tired of the mental narratives. Patinkin is awesome. I think there's going to be more of a twist on the crash than an accident or VP. Not sure what, but I think they've telegraphed both too much. Starting to think it ties into the Russians. Good cliff hanger this last week.

Comment

• Tiger King anyone? Binged the series yesterday. It was very interesting especially because I was completely in the dark on the entire situation as well as the industry itself.
            Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. It’s my job to make sure we become that family.”

Comment

• The Social Circle. All time dumb, but I'm going to bear it through.

Shaubaum is the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishcop View Post
                The Valhalla Murders on Netflix is pretty good.
                Just started this last night.

Tiger King was amazing.

Comment

• When does ZeroZeroZero-Zero come out.

I loved that show. I watched the first three episodes a few weeks back and finally got to wrap it up this morning.

Right afterwards I saw that Bosch.6 drops April 17th. I think I have mama talked into an 85" 8K TV. They are justifiable now with my discount. I'm geeked to see Bosch which is a true 4k production and noticeably the best picture of any show upscaled to 8K. Reviewers say it's amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                    When does ZeroZeroZero-Zero come out.

I loved that show. I watched the first three episodes a few weeks back and finally got to wrap it up this morning.

Right afterwards I saw that Bosch.6 drops April 17th. I think I have mama talked into an 85" 8K TV. They are justifiable now with my discount. I'm geeked to see Bosch which is a true 4k production and noticeably the best picture of any show upscaled to 8K. Reviewers say it's amazing.
                    Yup, great show. Hard to imagine them not having a S2. Gonna say it wins some awards.

Looking forward to Bosch too. Welliver rocks. That show had me at the them song.

Comment

Yup, great show. Hard to imagine them not having a S2. Gonna say it wins some awards.

Looking forward to Bosch too. Welliver rocks. That show had me at the them song.
                      Funny u say that, while I love the theme song and the music in general on Bosch, ZZZ's theme song was fantastic too. Very Westworld/HOC's-ish. Any theme song with lots of cello works for me.

My friends mom is a retired detective and she has been trying to get me to read Bosch novels for 30 years. (Sadly, I'm not a reader) She thinks Matthew McConaughey will appear on the show day because the author also did the Lincoln Lawyer and both are recurring characters in his novels.

Comment

Funny u say that, while I love the theme song and the music in general on Bosch, ZZZ's theme song was fantastic too. Very Westworld/HOC's-ish. Any theme song with lots of cello works for me.

My friends mom is a retired detective and she has been trying to get me to read Bosch novels for 30 years. (Sadly, I'm not a reader) She thinks Matthew McConaughey will appear on the show day because the author also did the Lincoln Lawyer and both are recurring characters in his novels.
                        I love ZZZ's whole vibe including the music.

I have not started watching WW3 yet, but did see the trailer and loved the GnR re-do... Trying to resist watching until the DVR fills up. With the complexity, much better to binge.

Getting ready to kick off Ozark S3 tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

• Ozark season 3!!!!

Comment

I love ZZZ's whole vibe including the music.

I have not started watching WW3 yet, but did see the trailer and loved the GnR re-do... Trying to resist watching until the DVR fills up. With the complexity, much better to binge.

Getting ready to kick off Ozark S3 tonight or tomorrow.
                            Caught my chick trying to order HBO for WW3. Reminded her that it's a weekly show like GoT and she was like... feck, what do we watch? I'm like Ozark3 comes out tomorrow and she smiled. Her daughter (30 y/o) is staying with us through the greatpandemic and has never watched Ozark. She watched the first episode yesterday afternoon and said it was "meh" but she'd give it another episode a shot. I get up at 5:00a and she's sitting in the bean bag, 3 foot in front of the tv and says... "These rednecks are the bomb... holy shiit!!!" She really liked it when the old lady blew the cartel guys head off. I laughed and said, Told ya so. She lived in Jeffersonville until she was 13 so she knows a good redneck when she sees one.

WW3 looks really good to me... better than S1/S2. Just have to have some patience here.

As soon as we watch Ozark3 I'm getting Showtime for the month to see Billions and the last season of Ray Donovan. This will bridge us until Bosch. Might be able to work in Homeland too if this stay at home stuff keeps up.
                            Last edited by NDCrusader; 03-29-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Caught my chick trying to order HBO for WW3. Reminded her that it's a weekly show like GoT and she was like... feck, what do we watch? I'm like Ozark3 comes out tomorrow and she smiled. Her daughter (30 y/o) is staying with us through the greatpandemic and has never watched Ozark. She watched the first episode yesterday afternoon and said it was "meh" but she'd give it another episode a shot. I get up at 5:00a and she's sitting in the bean bag, 3 foot in front of the tv and says... "These rednecks are the bomb... holy shiit!!!" She really liked it when the old lady blew the cartel guys head off. I laughed and said, Told ya so. She lived in Jeffersonville until she was 13 so she knows a good redneck when she sees one.

WW3 looks really good to me... better than S1/S2. Just have to have some patience here.

As soon as we watch Ozark3 I'm getting Showtime for the month to see Billions and the last season of Ray Donovan. This will bridge us until Bosch. Might be able to work in Homeland too if this stay at home stuff keeps up.
                              I've been doing a re-watch on Ozark's prior seasons. The old lady (Darlene) is one of my favorite characters. So is Ruth. Both nail playing rednecks. I know one when I see one too lol... Overall, just a really good cast.

I've been keeping up weekly with Homeland. Couldn't resist the last season, and it's a show that's not so crazy detailed that you can go week to week. I'll probably start re-watching WW once they get towards the end of the S3 schedule. I re-watched S1 before S2 and picked up so much that I missed (and some I just forgot). I agree that WW3 looks better. So excited to see how things open up.

Billions is a show I won't be able to resist watching weekly lol.. Probably my fav show, or at least second fav out now.

Comment

I've been doing a re-watch on Ozark's prior seasons. The old lady (Darlene) is one of my favorite characters. So is Ruth. Both nail playing rednecks. I know one when I see one too lol... Overall, just a really good cast.

I've been keeping up weekly with Homeland. Couldn't resist the last season, and it's a show that's not so crazy detailed that you can go week to week. I'll probably start re-watching WW once they get towards the end of the S3 schedule. I re-watched S1 before S2 and picked up so much that I missed (and some I just forgot). I agree that WW3 looks better. So excited to see how things open up.

Billions is a show I won't be able to resist watching weekly lol.. Probably my fav show, or at least second fav out now.
                                Ozark is so damn good. 3rd best show on TV right now IMO behind BCS and Succession.

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                  Ozark is so damn good. 3rd best show on TV right now IMO behind BCS and Succession.
                                  Billions, Succession, Yellowstone, are my clear top 3 right now. After that, it's muddy. Ozark, Vikings, Stranger Things, Homeland, WW, Peaky Blinders, BCS, Narcos, Gomorrah, Fauda, Dark, Zero Zero Zero, Mayans, Luther, Hinterland, Shetland, Bosch, etc. are all strong. So many good options. The covid stuff is impacting a bunch of new seasons.

Comment

I can't not binge. Only way I can watch series TV. Not watching Billions last seasons was a test of my character.

And in my next life, I will find a Wags to be my wingman... unless Claire Underwood wants to be my wingchick, then Wags can kick rocks.

Comment

• This may have already been posted as Must See Television... But I can't believe I just learned of Its existence recently. The power that 'Slimey' Roger Ailes (FOX NEWS) still has over the media Is astounding!
                                      <iframe src='//players.brightcove.net/63128/BJKriqUAe_default/index.html?videoId=6045836495001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>
                                      I was smarter when I drank...
                                      I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

I can't not binge. Only way I can watch series TV. Not watching Billions last seasons was a test of my character.

And in my next life, I will find a Wags to be my wingman... unless Claire Underwood wants to be my wingchick, then Wags can kick rocks.
                                        Binge is definitely the best way to enjoy shows and get the most out of them. I can wait for the majority. I wish I would have waited for Zero Zero Zero, but started watching it on Sky Atlantic (two eps a week). Some I just can't wait for lol... There's also a few guilty pleasure shows I watch casually weekly like Empire and Hawaii 5-0 lol.... I can keep up with them while I'm cooking, cleaning, etc..

Wags F'ing rules. Claire is for an entirely different purpose...

Comment

• Watching the I Heart living room concert on Fox.

Pretty cool. Fav parts so far are Grohl and Armstrong (Green Day)

Comment

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                            This may have already been posted as Must See Television... But I can't believe I just learned of Its existence recently. The power that 'Slimey' Roger Ailes (FOX NEWS) still has over the media Is astounding!
                                            <iframe src='//players.brightcove.net/63128/BJKriqUAe_default/index.html?videoId=6045836495001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>
                                            I'm an up the middle Lib and anyone who complains about Fox is simply the same narrow minded person on the opposite end of the spectrum... which basically means every other network.

They are all 'slmiey' hypnotists offering infotainment in place of information.

I was the top sales person for a decade at one of the largest media companies. These networks are the experts of packaging & persuasion. MSNBC, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS... all garbage. All push agenda over fact. Why? Facts are boring. Imagine someone under 70 watching a Walter Cronkite newscast. Bwahahahahahaha.

Comment

• Started watching Sneaky Pete starring Giovanni Ribisi on Prime. Up through S1 E8. I'm liking it.

Comment

• https://www.oregonlive.com/entertain...s-a-catch.html
                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I started watching Tiger King today. Pretty wild and interesting so far.
                                                  Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Anyone have Fox Nation? She does and I watched for the first time tonight - a Nancy Grace show about Epstein’s suicide.

Not a great first impression but it was alright. My complaint is it’s one sided AF, drives the theory hard but no one argues the other side of the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                      Anyone have Fox Nation? She does and I watched for the first time tonight - a Nancy Grace show about Epstein’s suicide.

Not a great first impression but it was alright. My complaint is it’s one sided AF, drives the theory hard but no one argues the other side of the story.
                                                      Not fair nor balanced? Go figure.

You'll have to wait for MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC or CBS to get the flipside of the piece.

Comment

Not fair nor balanced? Go figure.

You'll have to wait for MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC or CBS to get the flipside of the piece.
                                                        Exactly. It’d be nice if we could ball those up to create a “truly balanced” channel. But then it’d look like the IE Political place.

Comment

• ND vs FSU 93' "Game of the Century" courtesy of NBC vault. It is amazing as it now as it was in 1993 watching it live with my grandfather.

My thoughts on the game now in retrospect:

ND stadium looks so much different than the two updates it has had since then.

How the hell did I play football with shoulder pads that big?

Charlie Ward was way ahead of his time. If he was born 15 years later would have a different career.

Same can be said of the FSU offense. Using pre read option spread concepts in their first three plays.

Comment

• OJ was a sideline reporter lol

Comment

• Just finished Sneaky Pete on Amazon. It got better as it went along. Highly recommend it.

Comment

• The wife and I started watching Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu) with Reese Weatherspoon. Not bad, but not on par with Ozarks, Sneaky Pete, etc. Wife enjoys it, so this is where I let her have her way. lol

BTW......Reese is still cute as a button.

Comment

• Reminder to Bosch fans, new season starts Friday on Amazon.

For any fans of Fauda (basically Israel vs Palestine drama), S3 starts Thursday on NF. If you're OK with subs, it's a fantastic show all around.

Sergio (NF movie) with the guy who played Escobar in Narcos (Wagner Moura) starts Friday as well. Several good actors, and Ana de Armas is always yummy.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                  The wife and I started watching Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu) with Reese Weatherspoon. Not bad, but not on par with Ozarks, Sneaky Pete, etc. Wife enjoys it, so this is where I let her have her way. lol

BTW......Reese is still cute as a button.
                                                                  Yup, she is. Washington is smokin'. I watched E1 when it first started, but shelved it till all eps are available.

Comment

• The Death of Stalin was a solid flick.

Comment

• I honestly don't get the Ozark's hard on. My GF loves it too and I just can't figure why. Have tried but can't stick with it. Maybe it's just me...doubt it though. :)

Comment

I honestly don't get the Ozark's hard on. My GF loves it too and I just can't figure why. Have tried but can't stick with it. Maybe it's just me...doubt it though. :)
                                                                        It took me a while to warm up to S1, but eventually loved it. Did you watch the entire first season, or give up?.

Comment

It took me a while to warm up to S1, but eventually loved it. Did you watch the entire first season, or give up?.
                                                                          I tried real hard but couldn't last the first season. She's on season rewatch now...and it stays repeat. She does that, binge watches for the first time then plays that as she works. I'd rather work to silence.

Comment

I tried real hard but couldn't last the first season. She's on season rewatch now...and it stays repeat. She does that, binge watches for the first time then plays that as she works. I'd rather work to silence.
                                                                            I did a rewatch of S1 before S2 came out, and actually enjoyed S1 much more the 2nd time. Not sure if I wasn't paying attention the first time, or what. Anyway, I almost gave up on it too, but gutted it out, and it's now one of my favorite shows.

Comment

• I have been watching a lot of hunting shows on all these outdoor channels. Now I want to go hunting lol.

I have no idea where to start though. I have enough land for rabbitts and other varmints. I don't know anyone who has enough land for deer, turkey or boar.

Comment

• Watched The Outsider on HBO and enjoyed it a lot.

Also started Fargo on FX and it is fantastic

Comment

• Is this well worth the watch? I'd never heard of it until I saw your post and after looking it up, realized I've read all the books it's based on. Harry Bosch is a great cop character and I loved Connelly's books. I'm afraid to watch the show and be disappointed if they don't live up to the books.
                                                                                  Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                    Is this well worth the watch? I'd never heard of it until I saw your post and after looking it up, realized I've read all the books it's based on. Harry Bosch is a great cop character and I loved Connelly's books. I'm afraid to watch the show and be disappointed if they don't live up to the books.

Comment

I did a rewatch of S1 before S2 came out, and actually enjoyed S1 much more the 2nd time. Not sure if I wasn't paying attention the first time, or what. Anyway, I almost gave up on it too, but gutted it out, and it's now one of my favorite shows.
                                                                                      I’m proud to say I made it through two seasons of House of Cards. Great show but my attention span only runs so deep...

Comment

I’m proud to say I made it through two seasons of House of Cards. Great show but my attention span only runs so deep...
                                                                                        Claire was plenty enough to keep me interested. Would love to run deep in that.

Comment

Claire was plenty enough to keep me interested. Would love to run deep in that.
                                                                                          Yup, exactly....”let’s put that in rerun babe”. <——this guy

Comment

• Excellent news.

Started watching Justified as recommended by ThePiombino. Very good. Even though he's a USC guy, I've always been a fan of Timothy Olyphant since Deadwood. Highly recommend it.
                                                                                            Last edited by Irish#1; 04-15-2020, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I honestly don't get the Ozark's hard on. My GF loves it too and I just can't figure why. Have tried but can't stick with it. Maybe it's just me...doubt it though. :)
                                                                                              This plus Jack's better than Brozinni's explains it all. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                                Is this well worth the watch? I'd never heard of it until I saw your post and after looking it up, realized I've read all the books it's based on. Harry Bosch is a great cop character and I loved Connelly's books. I'm afraid to watch the show and be disappointed if they don't live up to the books.
                                                                                                Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                                Concur.

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                                  Watched The Outsider on HBO and enjoyed it a lot.

Also started Fargo on FX and it is fantastic
                                                                                                  too bad this year's season of Fargo has been postponed. Great show for sure.

Just finished Briarpatch. Was pretty good, not great.
                                                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                                    Excellent news.

Started watching Justified as recommended by ThePiombino. Very good. Even though he's a USC guy, I've always been a fan of Timothy Olyphant since Deadwood. Highly recommend it.
                                                                                                    Justified rocks. Hell on Wheels is also a great show that gave me a similar vibe.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X