No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Curry was away from the Angels for a much of the season last year due to the WWC and other events. She's back...

that's what I'm watching,...
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Has anyone watched Briarpatch?
      Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
        Has anyone watched Briarpatch?
        watched the first two episodes, but have a few waiting on the DVR.
        pretty good cast, and like the noir vibe.
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Hillary the miniseries comes out Hulu tomorrow I think. Can't wait!

ZeroZeroZero comes out tomorrow on Amazon Prime. I've watched the first 6 episodes already on Sky, and it's good stuff. Global (US/NOLA, Italy, Mexico, Africa) drama about the drug trade. Goes back and forth between 3 groups (US Middlemen, Mexican cartel supplier, Italian buyer) with pretty good character depth. All 8 episodes available tomorrow.

<iframe width="600" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3HoRfUKcvdY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
            watched the first two episodes, but have a few waiting on the DVR.
            pretty good cast, and like the noir vibe.
            Just curious - do you ever sleep? Just wondering how you find enough time to watch all these shows. Lol. Seems like you’ve seen them all along with sports on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
              Just curious - do you ever sleep? Just wondering how you find enough time to watch all these shows. Lol. Seems like you’ve seen them all along with sports on TV.
              I sleep 5-6 hours typically a night lol. I try to watch 2 eps a day. I can normally knock one out in the AM on the treadmill/email. Another one when I hit the pillow. I don't watch any reality stuff or really any comedies. Very routine during the week when I can be. Weekends are a wildcard. Cold and rainy the last month, so more time to be lazy... I've traveled a lot too, which always means killing time.

Comment

• Richard Jewell
                Great Movie.
                <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UQeiF43KBe0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bob. He had that intro to my favorite game. He should be the 17million dollar man NBC hires for our NBC.
                <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cipJq3ZHuuQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Movie 'Richard Jewell" also puts the feminist movement into perspective. "If you sleep around for the grime, the grime will stay under your acrylic nails".
                Last edited by Circa; 03-05-2020, 09:53 PM.
                I was smarter when I drank...
                I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                  Wrapped up Hunters. Ended up better than it started. I'll move it from a C- to a B-. If there's a S2 I wonder if they will go after a big name to play a significant role?
                  I am the opposite. I think it started around a B or B+ even and then fell to a C- or D+ later on. It got better in the last episode or so, but the show just had no clue what it wanted to be. I was okay with some of the flashbacks to the camps, but some of the more ridiculous musical or game show stuff was pointless and took away from the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                    I am the opposite. I think it started around a B or B+ even and then fell to a C- or D+ later on. It got better in the last episode or so, but the show just had no clue what it wanted to be. I was okay with some of the flashbacks to the camps, but some of the more ridiculous musical or game show stuff was pointless and took away from the show.
                    Agree. You can get away with that in a lot of shows, but the subject of the Holocaust really doesn't allow much leeway.

Comment

• Just finished ZeroZeroZero on Amazon. 8.2 on IMDB and 91% RT
                      Great show, and loved the ending (can't say that about most shows).
                      In my top 5 from the last couple years. Really hope they do a S2.

The writer is the guy responsible for Gomorrah, and is still under guard from the Italian Mafia. Interesting story in itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Saviano
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeroZeroZero_(TV_series)

Comment

• Devs on Hulu arrived last night, and will release new eps weekly. Pretty good, and a really good WTF moment. From the folks that did Ex Machina...

I wasn't going to watch it as I thought it was going to be one of those "out there" series, but... Got a text from a buddy this AM telling me to try it. I'm hooked so far. Offerman is good. Not what I expected.

Comment

• Just watched a great scene from S4 of The Sopranos. Tony asks his therapist if its really possible for a man to be dating a woman and not have "penisary contact with her volvo." That made me laugh out loud.
                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• I'm about halfway through S2 of Intelligence. S2 is even better than S1. Lots of fast moving parts so it keeps you on your toes. A strip joint is where the main character runs his weed business from. I noticed all the stripprs you see are always wearing tops and bottoms. Anyone know if this is due to some Canadian filming regulation?

I was further along on S2 than I realized. Finished it while eating lunch. Really curious why it didn't go past two seasons. Very good show.
                            Last edited by Irish#1; 03-11-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Just finished ZeroZeroZero on Amazon. 8.2 on IMDB and 91% RT
                              Great show, and loved the ending
                              (can't say that about most shows).
                              In my top 5 from the last couple years. Really hope they do a S2.

The writer is the guy responsible for Gomorrah, and is still under guard from the Italian Mafia. Interesting story in itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Saviano
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeroZeroZero_(TV_series)
                              I'm through Episode 4. very good so far. I went to bed early, my chick stayed up and finished it. She said the same thing about the ending. She didn't like Narcos too much, surprised she was so upbeat about this. Looking forward to the rest of it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                I'm through Episode 4. very good so far. I went to bed early, my chick stayed up and finished it. She said the same thing about the ending. She didn't like Narcos too much, surprised she was so upbeat about this. Looking forward to the rest of it now.
                                Yup, half the shows I really enjoy these days either limp over the finish line, or all together collapse. This one stayed true to it's theme, went out strong, and still set itself up for a S2 if they choose to have one. I was surprised I enjoyed it so much given the story telling process it used, but it worked out great.

Loved the characters in each of the 3 primary settings. Riseborough is simply awesome, and Torres and Dehaan were exceptional. Wish they would have used Tchéky Karyo and Byrne more. Karyo is one of favorite actors these days (his "Missing" series is fantastic).

I watched the first 6 eps weekly on Sky/Canal+, and the last 2 on Amazon. I'm thinking of doing a full binge this weekend given the pandemic.

Comment

• I totally spaced that Westworld S3 was returning tomorrow. I typically try to let most seasons stack on my DVR, but will be hard not watching weekly. Might do a rewatch of seasons 1 and 2. S3 looks pretty good, and adds Jesse (Aaron Paul).

Also started watching The Valhalla Murders (Icelandic noir) on Netflix yesterday. Love the Scandinavian and Icelandic shows. Dub version is available, but recommend the subs if you have the patience.

The music repackaging is again tremendous or dare I say "Sweet" if the trailer is representative of the season.
                                  <iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pDJbFA32_QY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Finally started Punisher season two. I wasn't really into season one, but decided what the hell?

For the record I was a big fan of the character as a kid. I was collecting Daredevil when he first showed up and rode my bike to 7-11 religiously to buy that four issue limited series when it came out.

Episode 1 was really awesome. Fight scene in the bar was amazing. Hooked me into the next few. Now I'm on episode five and it's becoming the same old thing. Will probably finish out though.
                                    Last edited by Jimmy3Putt; 03-14-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• The most ridiculous and frustrating thing about series these days Is reading. If I wanted to read the foreign language these guys are saying I would buy a book.
                                      Narco's Is impossible and this new Zero zero thing Is very frustrating! The choreograph and acting seem great.

Narcos Is the bases of our ridiculous war on drugs. Go Switzerland's win on drugs.

And.... It seems they (the producing company) do this just to cause chaos. #metoo. IDK.
                                      Last edited by Circa; 03-14-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                        The most ridiculous and frustrating thing about series these days Is reading. If I wanted to read the foreign language these guys are saying I would buy a book.
                                        Narco's Is impossible and this new Zero zero thing Is very frustrating! The choreograph and acting seem great.

And.... It seems they (the producing company) do this just to cause chaos. IDK.
                                        Sounds like you should just stay away from foreign series lol.. Most have the language description up front. Some have dubs available instead of subs too, but I don't recommend.

Either that, or only watch when you have time to focus (which is what I do). IMO, foreign series on the whole are much better than most US stuff.

And.... no chaos.. it's just a global market, and they are addressing global issues, and trying to gain global interests instead of just US based viewers.

Comment

Sounds like you should just stay away from foreign series lol.. Most have the language description up front. Some have dubs available instead of subs too, but I don't recommend.

Either that, or only watch when you have time to focus (which is what I do). IMO, foreign series on the whole are much better than most US stuff.

And.... no chaos.. it's just a global market, and they are addressing global issues, and trying to gain global interests instead of just US based viewers.
                                          I understand, and maybe I just got frustrated with another good series trying to do the sub thing. There really are so many ways to show the ridiculous nature of our narcissistic/racist past ways that have been shown; the last thing I need Is to read a tv show. A Show that I would enjoy listening/watching. BooHoo ME!
                                          Last edited by Circa; 03-14-2020, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• The Walking Dead had a pretty good WTF moment tonight. I still watch it with half an eye, but tonight's episode was the best in a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                              Yup, half the shows I really enjoy these days either limp over the finish line, or all together collapse. This one stayed true to it's theme, went out strong, and still set itself up for a S2 if they choose to have one. I was surprised I enjoyed it so much given the story telling process it used, but it worked out great.

Loved the characters in each of the 3 primary settings. Riseborough is simply awesome, and Torres and Dehaan were exceptional. Wish they would have used Tchéky Karyo and Byrne more. Karyo is one of favorite actors these days (his "Missing" series is fantastic).

I watched the first 6 eps weekly on Sky/Canal+, and the last 2 on Amazon. I'm thinking of doing a full binge this weekend given the pandemic.
                                              Finished the first 4 episodes. Good show, but still adjusting to the way they tell the story.

Comment

I totally spaced that Westworld S3 was returning tomorrow. I typically try to let most seasons stack on my DVR, but will be hard not watching weekly. Might do a rewatch of seasons 1 and 2. S3 looks pretty good, and adds Jesse (Aaron Paul).

Also started watching The Valhalla Murders (Icelandic noir) on Netflix yesterday. Love the Scandinavian and Icelandic shows. Dub version is available, but recommend the subs if you have the patience.

The music repackaging is again tremendous or dare I say "Sweet" if the trailer is representative of the season.
                                                <iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pDJbFA32_QY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                Westworld is great. I dropped HBO two years ago, so I missed S2. May need to re-up to get caught up.

Comment

Finished the first 4 episodes. Good show, but still adjusting to the way they tell the story.
                                                  Yup. The jump backs caught me off guard early on, but I acclimated quickly.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                  Westworld is great. I dropped HBO two years ago, so I missed S2. May need to re-up to get caught up.
                                                  Loved the original movie, and have always been hyped about the show. I'm trying to let is accumulate on the DVR so I can binge. Given the current state of the world, think I'm going to rewatch S1 and 2 before starting 3.

If you get HBO again, try Succession and Chernobyl. Outsider is good too.

Comment

• HBO only releases one Westworld a week, right?

Isn't that how it did the Dragon Soap Opera show?

Comment

HBO only releases one Westworld a week, right?

Isn't that how it did the Dragon Soap Opera show?
                                                      yup

Comment

Yup. The jump backs caught me off guard early on, but I acclimated quickly.

Loved the original movie, and have always been hyped about the show. I'm trying to let is accumulate on the DVR so I can binge. Given the current state of the world, think I'm going to rewatch S1 and 2 before starting 3.

If you get HBO again, try Succession and Chernobyl. Outsider is good too.
                                                        Already saw Chernobyl. Russians are crazy.

Comment

yup
                                                          THX

Guess I'll be getting HBO sometime in June.

Comment

• Finished hanging three new ceiling lights in the upstairs hallway then started on S2 of Project Bluebook. Pretty decent show for the History channel.

Comment

• Just took a look at Metacritic's list of shows impacted/halted due to the pandemic.
                                                              Below are some of the ones I was looking forward to, but the link with all impacts at the bottome.

Lord of the Rings prequel (Amazon 20 eps) which has already renewed for S2 has halted production.

Fargo's new season won't air in April as planned.

The Matrix 4 filming has halted

A Quiet Place 2 has postponed it's March 20 premier

Snowpiercer (TNT series) production halted and will likely not make their May premier.

Peaky Blinders S6 production halted.

Mandalorian S2 just wrapped, so Oct premier should be OK.

Stranger Things S4 production halted

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/m...by-coronavirus

For Lax...

THE BACHELORETTE (ABC)
                                                              Production halted on 3/13 just at the start of filming. The season was scheduled to debut on May 18 but that date will likely change.

Comment

• Shots fired!

Comment

• The new Elvis movie that Hanks was in Australia to shoot is obviously on hold.

Comment

• Wrapped up Zerozerozero. Assuming ratings are good, there will definitely be a S2 IMO.

Comment

Wrapped up Zerozerozero. Assuming ratings are good, there will definitely be a S2 IMO.
                                                                      Got great ratings across the board. My only dig on S2 is that so many good actors won't be back lol. The casting was fantastic in S1 and at least my 2 favs will be back. Whoever the casting director is, hope they keep him/her.

Comment

• Started binging Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Very entertaining. And Rachel Brosnahan is easy on the eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                          Rachel Brosnahan is easy on the eyes.
                                                                          Show peaks in Episode 1. :)

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Finished zero zero zero. Pretty damn good.

Comment

Got great ratings across the board. My only dig on S2 is that so many good actors won't be back lol. The casting was fantastic in S1 and at least my 2 favs will be back. Whoever the casting director is, hope they keep him/her.
                                                                              Originally posted by loomis41973 View Post
                                                                              Finished zero zero zero. Pretty damn good.
                                                                              I imagine next season we'll see a new cast of characters sporting russian accents and less of the Italians.

Comment

I imagine next season we'll see a new cast of characters sporting russian accents and less of the Italians.
                                                                                As long as they keep the two leads (Riseborogh and Torres) I'll be happy. I really hope they don't cut out the Italians totally.

Comment

As long as they keep the two leads (Riseborogh and Torres) I'll be happy. I really hope they don't cut out the Italians totally.
                                                                                  Given the ending Riseborogh and Torres will be there IMO. I don't think they will cut out the Italians completely as it gives them another connection to explore.

Decide to watch Swamp People Serpent Invasion last night. They're hunting pythons in the everglades. Florida is trying to get this under control as their wildlife is disappearing so fast due to the snakes. Fun show to watch when you don't want to think too much.
                                                                                  Last edited by Irish#1; 03-20-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Given the ending Riseborogh and Torres will be there IMO. I don't think they will cut out the Italians completely as it gives them another connection to explore.

Decide to watch Swamp People Serpent Invasion last night. They're hunting pythons in the everglades. Florida is trying to get this under control as their wildlife is disappearing so fast due to the snakes. Fun show to watch when you don't want to think too much.
                                                                                    I've watched a few. Good brainless fun when you're multi tasking. On that topic, I have an associate (partner at one of our tech vendors) who gator hunts every year. They actually have a pimp camp/lodge they've built. His skins are off the hook, and he's had man-chairs and many other things crafted. I was a bit surprised to learn they donate most of the meat, and very little of the gator goes to waste. I have several pair of exotic Luccheses, but have always wanted to catch my own and have some made. And I love fried gator. They also have went python hunting in FL, but said it's not near the fun or challenge. He said both are pretty wild though.

Comment

• Showtime and Epix is now free on Comcast for a month due to the virus. Heard rumor that this was going to happen, and that HBO and others may follow. I'm guessing this may actually be Showtime and Epix, and not Comcast, so perhaps the other cable providers are airing it for free too.

Check out Godfather of Harlem on Epix if you have a chance. Great show.

Comment

• Starz looks to be free too. HBO and Cinemax are the only not free now.

Comment

• Devs (Hulu) is very good.

Nick Offerman as the creepy, scary, mysterious tech genius is nailing it.

Comment

I’ve watched that before. That one dude is nuts out in the Everglades catching huge snakes barefooted.

Comment

Showtime and Epix is now free on Comcast for a month due to the virus. Heard rumor that this was going to happen, and that HBO and others may follow. I'm guessing this may actually be Showtime and Epix, and not Comcast, so perhaps the other cable providers are airing it for free too.

Check out Godfather of Harlem on Epix if you have a chance. Great show.
                                                                                              Thanks! Nothing better than free stuff. I'm hoping we all get an extra $1200 bills for our struggles too.
                                                                                              We can all feel like the government for a few weeks.

Comment

• In the last 20 years there has only been 2 presidents that got boo hooed on Inauguration day. I'm not for the left or right. I'm for right and wrong.
                                                                                                Funny how we fight over the most mundane things. The only ones doing the fighting tho are usually the ones that can afford to... Pay Attention.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yg-be2r7ouc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This Is on Showtime, and Showtime Is free atm.
                                                                                                Last edited by Circa; 03-21-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Watched the Madam Walker on Netflix. Don’t waste your time. Thumbs down from me. Boring.

A Dan Patrick interview with Carl Lewis was on today. Interesting, love hearing champs tell their story. I’m old enough to remember that he was great but hearing his take/relive it was cool.

Embarrassed to admit that I finally watched the Fab 5 30 for 30. I’ll default my excuse to wanting to see them lose those champion games but will admit it was entertaining. Fuck Scum.

Comment

• Checked out the first couple episodes of Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu. Pretty good so far. Not as good as Devs, which is awesome, but still good.

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yszutwLyJss" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• The Valhalla Murders on Netflix is pretty good.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X