What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
    I'll apologize first, because I haven't learned how to quote different posts in the same post.
    It's easy, you can use the wrap quote button at the top, or just type in characters.

I agree. BCS was a total mind screw after BB... (started slow and had nothing other than Saul)
    I had to force myself to watch it the first season, and most of the episodes of the second.
    I appreciated BCS early just because of the quality of acting and production. It's been building every year, so hoping things are on fire this season. The gradual adding of different characters has been a slow burn, but cool.

To sum up the transition from one to another... Gilligan knew what he was doing...
    Once BCS Is all played out, It'll be Impossible to watch BB without first watching BCS. It'll show everyone how Vince Gilligan took everything to another level (character speaking) first, IMHO.>... The Sopranos Is a tough watch for this exact reason.
    Don't agree on watching BCS before BB. Honestly if I hadn't watched BB first, not sure I would have stuck so closely to BCS.

I have zero clue what you're saying about the Sopranos. Never ever thought it was a tough watch. I was glued from the start.

I guess I should try Homeland again. It seemed a bit choppy the last time I tried.
    I didn't think it was choppy at all, but it is much better as a binge. It's detailed and nuanced, so a week in between shows could translate into loss of build and details. Unless a show is totally a "casual watch" type of show (like most network series), I've try to wait and binge. Some shows I just can't wait, but I'm getting better at being patient while the DVR fills up...
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Watched the first episode this morning. Pretty darn good. Opening seen was lit lol...
      What did you think?

Watched the first two episodes. Inglorious Basterds meets Reservoir Dogs. LOVE it.

The first scene... perfecto. I was hooked at the theme song.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
        Watched the first two episodes. Inglorious Basterds meets Reservoir Dogs. LOVE it.

The first scene... perfecto. I was hooked at the theme song.
        Yup, pretty good stuff, and it's off-beat style is pretty cool. I like Pacino's character. Good to see him get out of the organized crime genre....

Getting ready to pop a beer and start E2 shortly.

Comment

• relevant to the earlier discussion about BCS....

'Better Call Saul' inches closer to 'Breaking Bad' as the end draws nearer
          https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/21/enter...iew/index.html

"Better Call Saul" returns for its second-to-last season, inching closer to "Breaking Bad's" turf both in its narrative timeline and its impressive quality. Although the prequel is running out of room, the AMC drama continues to achieve a dazzling balancing act in building toward an ending that is, in some ways, a beginning.

Once again, the premiere opens with a black-and-white flashforward that feels like a mini-masterpiece, and proves even more tense than usual thanks to the announcement that the series' finish is now in sight.

Back in the past, Jimmy McGill (Bob Odenkirk) has begun using the "Saul Goodman" persona professionally, sliding toward the darkness that seems destined to ruin his relationship with Kim Wexler (Rhea Seehorn), the linchpin of any hope for him, even if we already seem to know the outcome.

It's all about a "fresh start," Jimmy/Saul says, but Kim greets his actions with skepticism, while he appears oblivious to her pained expressions as his ethics slink toward the abyss.

As noted, "Saul" has only become richer and better as it nears "Breaking Bad" territory, with the overlapping plots of Mike (Jonathan Banks), Nacho (Michael Mando) and Gus (Giancarlo Esposito) beginning to progress in the same direction. This season also features an appearance by Dean Norris' character, DEA agent Hank Schrader, providing one more layer of connection to the mother ship.

Perhaps foremost, "Better Call Saul" has cleverly mirrored the moral arc of its predecessor, again dealing with missed opportunities and roads not taken that lead people with admirable qualities down dark paths. While we saw the decay of Walter White's soul occur gradually, because this is a prequel this show has always been more about filling in the details of Jimmy, Mike and others' descent.

In puttying in those gaps this series takes its time in a way few others do, and while that was occasionally frustrating at first, by now you can assume the payoff is almost always worthy of the trip. Where else, for example, would an entire pre-credit sequence be built around a discarded ice-cream cone?

AMC will seek to provide "Better Call Saul" an additional boost audience-wise by scheduling its premiere behind "The Walking Dead," which begins the second half of its 10th season exhibiting many of the pitfalls that "Saul" has avoided. Specifically, "Walking Dead" remains mired in the Whisperers plot, which frankly can't end soon enough at this point.

"Saul" then settles into its regular slot on Monday. At one point during the four episodes previewed, Nacho speaks of the criminal enterprise in which they're involved by saying, "When you're in, you're in."

As the movie "El Camino" demonstrated, replicating the alchemy "Breaking Bad" possessed is no small feat. But when you're good -- as "Better Call Saul" is -- you're good, man. Perhaps especially so now that we can finally see the light, or really the opposite of it, at the end of the tunnel.
          They're pretty harsh on the whisperers... lol

Comment

• As someone who had watched BCS before watching BB, I think BCS is better.
            Last edited by NDdomer2; 02-24-2020, 08:30 AM.
            Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
              As still who had watched BCS before watching BB, I think BCS is better.
              Me...also.
              I loved BB at the time but rewatching it it is far fetched and I am bothered by the drugs. BCS is brilliant writing and very believable.

Comment

• Started watching Hunters with Pacino. Finished 3 episodes. Not that good so far, but I'll give it a couple more episodes.

Wrapped up S2 of Ozark. S3 comes out in March. Can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                  Started watching Hunters with Pacino. Finished 3 episodes. Not that good so far, but I'll give it a couple more episodes.

just started season 2 last night - i wanted to start this series shortly after it came out and my wife didnt want to watch. now shes wondering what took us so long - go figure.
                  Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                    just started season 2 last night - i wanted to start this series shortly after it came out and my wife didnt want to watch. now shes wondering what took us so long - go figure.
                    Sounds like my wife. Most of these we start she's not sure of for whatever reason, then it's full steam ahead.

Comment

Started watching Hunters with Pacino. Finished 3 episodes. Not that good so far, but I'll give it a couple more episodes.

You are the first person I've personally heard give it a thumb down. BUT...

The Amazon reviews only have it at 3*'s but so what, Kyle Hamilton was once a 3*.

Comment

• I was all fine and good not knowing when Ozarks S3 was coming out, now I'm watching the calendar like it's a clock. Thanks fellas

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                          I was all fine and good not knowing when Ozarks S3 was coming out, now I'm watching the calendar like it's a clock. Thanks fellas
                          Anytime! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                            I was all fine and good not knowing when Ozarks S3 was coming out, now I'm watching the calendar like it's a clock. Thanks fellas
                            Imagine waiting 2 years and hearing rumors season 3 might not happen.. lol.
                            Great show, can't wait.
                            I was smarter when I drank...
                            I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

You are the first person I've personally heard give it a thumb down. BUT...

The Amazon reviews only have it at 3*'s but so what, Kyle Hamilton was once a 3*.
                              I'm at the middle point now in the series, and I have to admit my interest has declined from the 1st episode. I don't think it's bad, but It's not as good as I thought after being pumped immediately after E1.

Comment

• Go ahead, laugh if you want, but I've never watched more than a few scenes from The Sopranos. I started watching the entire series last night and so far so good.
                                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                  Go ahead, laugh if you want, but I've never watched more than a few scenes from The Sopranos. I started watching the entire series last night and so far so good.
                                  I envy you a bit (the not knowing). It's a great ride. On my list for a rewatch.
                                  Enjoy

Comment

• I did such a cut-up job on the Sopranos that I should go back at watch it soon.

Comment

Go ahead, laugh if you want, but I've never watched more than a few scenes from The Sopranos. I started watching the entire series last night and so far so good.
                                      Me neither. I was given the whole series for Xmas 2 years ago but just haven't found the time to dive in yet.

Comment

No laughing, just tears of sorrow.

Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                        Me neither. I was given the whole series for Xmas 2 years ago but just haven't found the time to dive in yet.
                                        Time to do it.

Comment

• Just wrapped up The Spy on Netflix. Not top shelf, but pretty good. True story of an Israeli spy in the 60's who was sent to spy on Syria. He did such a good job infiltrating, he was asked to be the Minister of Defense for Syria.

Anyone else watch The Stranger, an English series? Pretty good so far.

Comment

No laughing, just tears of sorrow.

Time to do it.
                                            LOL. It'll have to wait a little longer as I leave for vacation tomorrow.

Comment

Just wrapped up The Spy on Netflix. Not top shelf, but pretty good. True story of an Israeli spy in the 60's who was sent to spy on Syria. He did such a good job infiltrating, he was asked to be the Minister of Defense for Syria.

Anyone else watch The Stranger, an English series? Pretty good so far.
                                              Yup, pretty good. If you like UK shows, try Shetland, Hinterland, Luther, Line of Duty, Broadchurch, and Giri/Haji. I think most of those are on Netflix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                LOL. It'll have to wait a little longer as I leave for vacation tomorrow.
                                                Poor you... LOL.
                                                It's the day after and I still give you Mr. Roger's at his finest...
                                                <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/lzBY7pJFD7Op3MS8NH" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/monday-fuck-you-lzBY7pJFD7Op3MS8NH">via GIPHY</a></p>

Have a safe trip.

Comment

Poor you... LOL.
                                                  It's the day after and I still give you Mr. Roger's at his finest...
                                                  <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/lzBY7pJFD7Op3MS8NH" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/monday-fuck-you-lzBY7pJFD7Op3MS8NH">via GIPHY</a></p>

Have a safe trip.
                                                  Thank you, sir, and happy double bird Monday on a Tuesday to you as well. ;) Flying out tomorrow at 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                    Thank you, sir, and happy double bird Monday on a Tuesday to you as well. ;) Flying out tomorrow at 3.
                                                    I hope you have a safe flight and a great trip.

Comment

Last edited by Circa; 02-26-2020, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Yup, pretty good. If you like UK shows, try Shetland, Hinterland, Luther, Line of Duty, Broadchurch, and Giri/Haji. I think most of those are on Netflix.
                                                        Typically not a big fan of British shows, but wrapped up The Stranger last night. They did a great job of keeping you from figuring how all the pieces tied together until the last episode. We watched the first episode of Marcella last night. I'll take a peak at those.

Comment

Typically not a big fan of British shows, but wrapped up The Stranger last night. They did a great job of keeping you from figuring how all the pieces tied together until the last episode. We watched the first episode of Marcella last night. I'll take a peak at those.
                                                          I've seen Marcella and enjoyed it. Love Anna Friel, but it's not near as good as the ones I mentioned. Here's a little info on the ones I listed.

Luther (8.5 IMDB and 88% RT) is high quality (cast and writing) and has won a bunch of awards. Great back stories and Idris Elba, Ruth Wilson, and Indira Varma are all fantastic. Shetland (8.1 and 95%) and Hinterland (7.6 and 94%) are mystery/detective series where the setting (Scotland/Shetland Islands and Wales) are very visual and a character of it's own. Broadchurch (8.4 and 92%) S1 won a ton of awards too, and they even re-made it here in the states (under a different name, and not near as good). Giri/Haji (7.9 IMDB and 100% RT) is split between the UK and Hong Kong and is up for some Bafta awards IIRC. Line of Duty (8.6 and 97%) is a crime show where every season there is a new "bad" guy (well recognized actor) and is more a straight UKish cop show.

Anyway, all are highly rated and good stuff. All have narratives that span the entire season or series.

Comment

• Finished Hunters. Started great, then went down hill for me.
                                                            It tried to be too much. Serious, funny, funky, musical, etc..
                                                            I wish they would have just gone with "serious".
                                                            Didn't care for the ending reveal. The very end (table scene in Argentina) is telegraphing season 2 (perhaps a Boys from Brazil type narrative) maybe?

Comment

Finished Hunters. Started great, then went down hill for me.
                                                              Didn't care for the ending reveal. The very end (table scene in Argentina) is telegraphing season 2 (perhaps a Boys from Brazil type narrative) maybe?
                                                              I liked it for the reasons you didn't. Inglrorius Bastards meets Man in the High Castle, meets Reservoir Dogs. Very Tarantino.

Comment

• Where can I binge Justified?

Prime let me watch S1E1 and now wants me to buy them.

Not on Netflix.

*** Nevermind = Hulu
                                                                Last edited by BobbyMac; 02-28-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Where can I binge Justified?

Not on Netflix.

*** Nevermind = Hulu
                                                                  Justified is fan-f***ing-tastic. Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins. Can't beat it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                    Justified is fan-f***ing-tastic. Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins. Can't beat it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
                                                                    Looked up Olyphant on wiki. Went to SC on a swimming scholarship (insert Varsity Blue joke here) and wanted to study Architecture but was told it wouldn't work with his training schedule. So it's not only football/basketball that gets steered to Kinesiology and such, though it worked out for him obviously.

He's also part of the Vanderbilt family.

Comment

I liked it for the reasons you didn't. Inglrorius Bastards meets Man in the High Castle, meets Reservoir Dogs. Very Tarantino.
                                                                      nah man. just nah....

Comment

Where can I binge Justified?

Not on Netflix.

*** Nevermind = Hulu
                                                                        Almost all FX stuff is on Hulu now.

Get Kodi....

Comment

Almost all FX stuff is on Hulu now.

Get Kodi....
                                                                          Sick of having to reboot/upgrade Kodi.

I'm going Hulu for Seinfeld and to dump cable in general.

Comment

Sick of having to reboot/upgrade Kodi.

I'm going Hulu for Seinfeld and to dump cable in general.
                                                                            Are you using a Firestick?
                                                                            I have almost zero issues with Kodi. I upgrade the core Kodi ap once or twice a year (very easy with uploader), and the add ons (I really only use Exodus and Exodus Redux this days) need simple/quick (30 secs) updates once or twice month. Can't remember the last time I had to reboot. I use it at lest 4-5 times a week.

Comment

Finished Hunters. Started great, then went down hill for me.
                                                                              Agree, should have went the serious route with this topic.

Still watching and it has its moments, but overall C- .

Comment

Agree, should have went the serious route with this topic.

Still watching and it has its moments, but overall C- .
                                                                                I'd say C+ or B- for me. Quality, but could have been so much more IMO. Adding AH or a Boys from Brazil in S2 could be really good though even with their "style"

Comment

• Anyone watch "The Pharmacist"? True story on OxyContin and eye opening. Worth your time. Four part series on Netflix.

Comment

Anyone watch "The Pharmacist"? True story on OxyContin and eye opening. Worth your time. Four part series on Netflix.
                                                                                    It Is a good series.
                                                                                    It's a shame that a boy had to die in order to force a father to see what was going on. (funny that the DEA/FBI said they were all over It.)
                                                                                    The problem with It Is when people get off the drugs that they had to get on after the Dr's prescribed them to a life of substantial drug abuse. (Not everyone understood the issues that would accompany opioids 20 years ago).
                                                                                    Suboxone and Methadone are just handcuffs for patients after the lack of information associated with the original prescriber of heroin. It's CRIMINAL!

In my opinion, the Dr. that abuses his/her power, to make money off of the pharmaceutical way of dealing drugs should be penalized harsher than the crack dealer trying to make a living. Hippocratic Oath should be enforced.
                                                                                    It's not apples and oranges any longer..

Has anyone watched The Force? (Netflix) It's a reality type show about The Oakland, CA Police Force trying to change their own identity after years of missteps.
                                                                                    Last edited by Circa; 03-02-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

It Is a good series. The problem with It Is when people get off the drugs that they had to get on after the Dr's prescribed them to a life of substantial drug abuse. (Not everyone understood the issues that would accompany opioids 20 years ago).
                                                                                      Suboxone and Methadone are just handcuffs for patients after the lack of information associated with the original prescriber of heroin. It's CRIMINAL!

In my opinion, the Dr. that abuses his power, to make money off of the pharmaceutical way of dealing drugs should be penalized harsher than the crack dealer trying to make a living. Hippocratic Oath should be enforced.
                                                                                      It's not apples and oranges any longer..

Has anyone watched The Force? (Netflix) It's a reality type show about The Oakland, CA Police Force trying to change their own identity after years of missteps.
                                                                                      I canít believe how that doctor ran that pill mill at night for so long without the authorities doing anything. You have to be impressed with the pharmacist and his conviction to make something happen.

Comment

I canít believe how that doctor ran that pill mill at night for so long without the authorities doing anything. You have to be impressed with the pharmacist and his conviction to make something happen.
                                                                                        The whole situation hits very close to home for me. It's very sad.

Comment

• Almost finished with season 2 of The Sopranos. Holy cow this show is great! Pure gold across the board. Tony's mother is a serious piece of work. Even I want to whack her or see her get thrown down a flight of stairs.
                                                                                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Wrapped up Hunters. Ended up better than it started. I'll move it from a C- to a B-. If there's a S2 I wonder if they will go after a big name to play a significant role?

Comment

Almost finished with season 2 of The Sopranos. Holy cow this show is great! Pure gold across the board. Tony's mother is a serious piece of work. Even I want to whack her or see her get thrown down a flight of stairs.
                                                                                              I can't recall a series with such a vast amount of great characters with solid depth. Agree on Livia.

Comment

Almost finished with season 2 of The Sopranos. Holy cow this show is great. Pure gold across the board.
                                                                                                Wait for the melancholy feeling when you finish it.

Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                                Tony's mother is a serious piece of work. Even I want to whack her or see her get thrown down a flight of stairs.
                                                                                                Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                                I can't recall a series with such a vast amount of great characters with solid depth. Agree on Livia.
                                                                                                A true pain in the ass.

Comment

A true pain in the ass.

Comment

Wrapped up Hunters. Ended up better than it started. I'll move it from a C- to a B-. If there's a S2 I wonder if they will go after a big name to play a significant role?
                                                                                                    All this show needs is Harvey Keitel to take over for Pacino, Steve Buscemi to become Carol Kane's love interest/partner and to rescue Joe down in South America, I'm sending in Tomer Sisley (The Messiah), Steven Bauer (Ray Donovan) and of course, Oscar Isaac.

When they get to South America they run into not only Lena Olin but here daughter... Angelina Jolie.

And somewhere, I have to find a place for Christopher Walken. I'm thinking some sort of eccentric Bilderberger, 34th Degree Master Mason, possessor of the Arc of the Covenant sorta guy who lives inbetween/above the two opposing sides.

And I don't wanna hear about budgets, Ole Jeffy-pooh can afford all of them + Daniel Day Lewis as the Messiah from the interest he makes in 15 minutes.

Comment

All this show needs is Harvey Keitel to take over for Pacino, Steve Buscemi to become Carol Kane's love interest/partner and to rescue Joe down in South America, I'm sending in Tomer Sisley (The Messiah), Steven Bauer (Ray Donovan) and of course, Oscar Isaac.

When they get to South America they run into not only Lena Olin but here daughter... Angelina Jolie.

And somewhere, I have to find a place for Christopher Walken. I'm thinking some sort of eccentric Bilderberger, 34th Degree Master Mason, possessor of the Arc of the Covenant sorta guy who lives inbetween/above the two opposing sides.

And I don't wanna hear about budgets, Ole Jeffy-pooh can afford all of them + Daniel Day Lewis as the Messiah from the interest he makes in 15 minutes.
                                                                                                      I actually thought while watching, that Bauer should have been in the series lol.

Walken would be tremendous.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X