What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    I'm at S2E6 now. Escobar now has the DEA, Colombian National Police and the other cartels after his ass. Interesting how the CIA is there supporting the rebels to get rid of the communist, yet won't share intel with the DEA.

Dude had to be smart to get the government agree to let him build his own prison and guard it while he served his term. The amount of money flowing is mind boggling.
    He should have bought a tiny island in the Caribbean and escaped before things got crazy. With all that cash, he could have went anywhere and did anything. If I had that kind of cash back then and was shady, I'd own little islands all over the place. And I'd have a harem instead of a zoo lol.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
      He should have bought a tiny island in the Caribbean and escaped before things got crazy. With all that cash, he could have went anywhere and did anything. If I had that kind of cash back then and was shady, I'd own little islands all over the place. And I'd have a harem instead of a zoo lol.
      This dynamic always amazed me with many of them... almost all of these famous cases had 'outs' and almost none of them took them... ego i guess.
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
        This dynamic always amazed me with many of them... almost all of these famous cases had 'outs' and almost none of them took them... ego i guess.
        I think you're right. They craved power, killed thousands who got in their way to maintain power. Going away to an island or any place would have stripped them of that power.

I'm up to S3E4..........Escobar met his death at the end of S2. S3 deals with the Cali cartel (my daughter in law is from Cali) who was growing twice as large as the Medellin cartel while everyone was chasing Escobar. Cali cartel were the opposite of Escobar. While there were a lot of corrupt police and politicians in Medellin, everyone was in Cali.

I like how the producers interject real footage and news broadcasts into the show. I was amazed when they showed the footage of Escobar's mother pleading in front of the news that her son was a good man, never did anything wrong and didn't deserve to die. I understand loving your son, but she was well aware of what was going on.

Comment

• Finished Jack Ryan S2 on Amazon. Good to very good.

Watched The Devil Next Door on Netflix. EXCELLENT. A lot of Cleveland guys here who grew up with the story. Looking forward to talking about it with ya'll... or yinz if ya followed it from Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
            Finished Jack Ryan S2 on Amazon. Good to very good.

Watched The Devil Next Door on Netflix. EXCELLENT. A lot of Cleveland guys here who grew up with the story. Looking forward to talking about it with ya'll... or yinz if ya followed it from Pittsburgh.

Agree on Jack Ryan S2. I enjoyed it. I remember the Demyenyuk story from when I was a kid and am looking forward to checking that out next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finished Jack Ryan S2 on Amazon. Good to very good.

Going to check it out after I finish Narcos.

Comment

• I thought Jack Ryan S2 was a step down from S1 which I loved, Hoping they do a S3 and step their game up.

Comment

• Narcos Mexico season 2 might be released in Feb 2020

Comment

• Jaqen H'gar is in Jack Ryan season 2

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Finished Jack Ryan season 2. Really enjoyed it. Thought Noomi Rapace was underutilized though.

Recently discovered Letterkenny on Hulu. Holy shit. Might be the funniest show I've seen.
                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                        Definitely ego. He thought he ran things, and was probably in a state of denial.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                        I think you're right. They craved power, killed thousands who got in their way to maintain power. Going away to an island or any place would have stripped them of that power.

I'm up to S3E4..........Escobar met his death at the end of S2. S3 deals with the Cali cartel (my daughter in law is from Cali) who was growing twice as large as the Medellin cartel while everyone was chasing Escobar. Cali cartel were the opposite of Escobar. While there were a lot of corrupt police and politicians in Medellin, everyone was in Cali.

I like how the producers interject real footage and news broadcasts into the show. I was amazed when they showed the footage of Escobar's mother pleading in front of the news that her son was a good man, never did anything wrong and didn't deserve to die. I understand loving your son, but she was well aware of what was going on.
                        But he gave food to the poor... and treated his hippos really well.

Comment

• Just watched the latest episode of FX's Mr. Inbetween. Such a good show about a hit man's normal life. Was pretty raw tonight. While mostly serious, has a lot of funny AF moments.

Speaking of raw, Mayans MC finally got raw last night. Felt more like Sons of Anarchy type writing. Good show all around, but liked that they amped things up.

Comment

• Finished up Narcos and started on Narco Mexico. The first few episodes were not as good as Narcos, but it started picking up the last two episodes I've watched. The last episode "Angel" has decided to get into cocaine and met with the Cali cartel to move their product. Escobar heard about this and is forcing Angel to move his cocaine as well. This was before Escobar and the Cali cartel were taken down so they brought those actors back for the tie in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                              Finished Jack Ryan season 2. Really enjoyed it. Thought Noomi Rapace was underutilized though.

Recently discovered Letterkenny on Hulu. Holy shit. Might be the funniest show I've seen.
                              Letterkenny is amazing. Reminds me a bit of home.
                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                Letterkenny is amazing. Reminds me a bit of home.
                                I've mentioned this show before as one of the best and funniest things on TV, but never got any response. I assumed nobody else here had watched it. I recently saw someone wearing a t-shirt with a pic of an ostrich and the word "Allegedly" underneath. Made me laugh out loud.
                                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• I was a big fan of Friday Night Lights (the movie) back in the day, and read the book and loved it... But for some reason, I never watched the TV show. I think I probably just thought it looked kind of cheesy and football on TV is usually bad.

HOWEVER. I just finished watching the full series.

Holy shit, what a perfect tv show. The finale was even super satisfying, and left me feeling sad and empty, which is usually a sign that it was great.

Texas Forever? Nah, TIM RIGGINS FOREVER.

Also, Connie Britton is a babe.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                    I was a big fan of Friday Night Lights (the movie) back in the day, and read the book and loved it... But for some reason, I never watched the TV show. I think I probably just thought it looked kind of cheesy and football on TV is usually bad.

HOWEVER. I just finished watching the full series.

Holy shit, what a perfect tv show. The finale was even super satisfying, and left me feeling sad and empty, which is usually a sign that it was great.

Texas Forever? Nah, TIM RIGGINS FOREVER.

Also, Connie Britton is a babe.
                                    I watched it a bit year 1, then did a bunch of INTL travel and had to give it up. Always wanted to return and finish it.

Britton is about as cute as cute can be.

Comment

Watched the first two episodes of Godfather of Harlem (Epix) with Forest Whitaker earlier this week. Great stuff. It's the story of Bumpy Johnson post Alcatraz. The supporting characters/actors are very solid.

Also watched Diego Maradona this evening (HBO) on the DVR. Very good, but they should have made it a miniseries. Most of the focus was on his Napoli days (which is very interesting), but was hoping they'd spend more time on his young days, and his days post Napoli. They could have easily filled 5 hours or more.

Catherine the Great (Helen Mirren) is also premiering tonight, so looking forward to watching it. It won't broadcast stateside until later this month on HBO, but available on Sky (or Kodi).

Peaky Blinders S5 starts tomorrow on Netflix for those that haven't watched it already via BBC1 or Kodi.
                                      hadn't heard of this and stumbled upon it....great great series! do you know how many episodes there are going to be? we just watched all of them so far
                                      Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                      El Camino was pretty darn good. It made me really miss Breaking Bad, and reminded me how disappointed I am in Better Call Saul. Don't get me wrong, BCS is quality TV, but it's just very different. Not even close to the level of excitement, "drama", and anticipation of Breaking bad.

Totally hyped about Dublin Murders starting this weekend. Looks great, and has some of the same actors as Love/Hate ( award winning Irish drama about a gang / organized crime). Won't air on US TV until Nov (Starz), but you can catch it on BBC/Kodi starting tomorrow and Monday (5 weeks of Sunday+Monday episodes).
                                      i thought the whole story line sounded awesome but i just couldn't get into it...the accents on them were so hard to hear the words clearly and hate having to read subtitles when watching so i gave up on.....
                                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                        hadn't heard of this and stumbled upon it....great great series! do you know how many episodes there are going to be? we just watched all of them so far

i thought the whole story line sounded awesome but i just couldn't get into it...the accents on them were so hard to hear the words clearly and hate having to read subtitles when watching so i gave up on.....
                                        Yup, love GFoH... Pretty sure there's only 10 episodes this season. 2 more to go! Pretty sure it gets renewed so long has Bumpy doesn't get knocked off in E10. Reviews have been great. I also enjoyed Berlin Station and Deep State from Epix.

I didn't think the accents were all that bad in DM. In fairness, I've worked a bunch over the years with UK folk, and Euros in general so it's pretty normal to me. I watch a ton of UK shows.

Comment

• I started Watchmen and His Dark Materials on HBO. Watchmen I've really enjoyed. Very big fan so far. His Dark Materials has had it's moments. Not sure what it is, but I'm not quite as engaged as I am with other shows but will continue to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                            I started Watchmen and His Dark Materials on HBO. Watchmen I've really enjoyed. Very big fan so far. His Dark Materials has had it's moments. Not sure what it is, but I'm not quite as engaged as I am with other shows but will continue to watch.
                                            I've got those two shows stacking up on my DVR. Please let me know how it goes. Trying to decide what shows to start this weekend. I've got Treadstone stacking up too, and have really wanted to start/catch-up on a few Amazon series. And Ray Donovan is starting up again....

Too many darn good choices during football season. My DVR always gets backed up in the fall/winter. Holiday season binging should be good over the next 45 days...

Comment

I started Watchmen and His Dark Materials on HBO. Watchmen I've really enjoyed. Very big fan so far. His Dark Materials has had it's moments. Not sure what it is, but I'm not quite as engaged as I am with other shows but will continue to watch.
                                              Watchmen is tremendous. The original graphic novel is probably my favorite literature of all time. I am worried the show will be cancelled though because it is too confusing for the average person. For me, it's perfect, because I catch all the references.

His Dark Materials is on my list but I will probably wait until I know it will be renewed before I start watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                Watchmen is tremendous. The original graphic novel is probably my favorite literature of all time. I am worried the show will be cancelled though because it is too confusing for the average person. For me, it's perfect, because I catch all the references.

His Dark Materials is on my list but I will probably wait until I know it will be renewed before I start watching
                                                Same, I've definitely got that feeling about both. Which is a huge bummer because I'm loving Watchmen. His Dark Materials even more so as I'm not sure it has the following, going in, that Watchmen does.

Comment

Same, I've definitely got that feeling about both. Which is a huge bummer because I'm loving Watchmen. His Dark Materials even more so as I'm not sure it has the following, going in, that Watchmen does.
                                                  Both have very good IMDB ratings. HDMs is 8+.

BTW, HDM was already renewed for a S2 before S1 even aired.

Comment

• Reps, good to know. Haven't read up much on it. I'm vested in the show but it feels like something is going to break dramatically in one direction or another. Meaning I'll be non-patiently awaiting next season or I won't make it through. And this is a little long winded but it also might be viewer fatigue, if that's even a real thing. But I watch HDM after Watchmen and both are very detail oriented shows. I might not be appreciating the show as much as I should.

Comment

Reps, good to know. Haven't read up much on it. I'm vested in the show but it feels like something is going to break dramatically in one direction or another. Meaning I'll be non-patiently awaiting next season or I won't make it through. And this is a little long winded but it also might be viewer fatigue, if that's even a real thing. But I watch HDM after Watchmen and both are very detail oriented shows. I might not be appreciating the show as much as I should.
                                                      The level of assumed detail and required patience is why it's stacking on my DVR for binges. Not certain they are types of shows I can view weekly. Several friends have talked both up, but have a little different tastes than I do. Let me know how things turn out.

Comment

• just started City on the Hill....kevin bacon lead, actor 2 episodes in rather good...anyone watch it?
                                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

just started City on the Hill....kevin bacon lead, actor 2 episodes in rather good...anyone watch it?
                                                          I was watching it until my free subscription to Showtime ran out. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

just started City on the Hill....kevin bacon lead, actor 2 episodes in rather good...anyone watch it?
                                                            Was good. Loved Bacon's character.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                            I was watching it until my free subscription to Showtime ran out. I really enjoyed it.
                                                            You're in the tech field. ... get Kodi lol

Comment

• Anyone try The Report yet on Amazon. Nice cast.

<iframe width="555" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VHmn9U3c0zA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Anyone try The Report yet on Amazon. Nice cast.

<iframe width="555" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VHmn9U3c0zA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                I didn't realize it's already on. Definitely a watcher
                                                                I was smarter when I drank...
                                                                I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                                                  I didn't realize it's already on. Definitely a watcher
                                                                  Watched the first half this AM and going to finish shortly. Very solid.

Very nice to have two high quality movies (Irishman and The Report) this week on Amazon and Netflix.

Comment

• I just started Yellowstone last night. So far, so good. Kelsey Chow is easy on the eyes. I love the Montana scenery.
                                                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                      I just started Yellowstone last night. So far, so good. Kelsey Chow is easy on the eyes. I love the Montana scenery.
                                                                      Yup. So is Reilly.

Comment

• If anyone has Comcast, Acorn TV (mostly British and some other Euro shows) is free for the next several days.

I'd recommend Line of Duty. Five 6 episode seasons.

Comment

• Forgot A Christmas Carol was on FX tonight. From one of the guys that does Peaky Blinders. Pretty good cast. Charlotte Riley is nice on the eyes.

Co-produced by the BBC, this latest adaptation of the Dickens classic comes from Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders) and stars Guy Pearce, Andy Serkis, Stephen Graham, Carlotte Riley, and Joe Alwyn. Note that it was originally announced as a three-part miniseries, but will now instead air in its entirety tonight.

Comment

• Started watching The Amazing Mrs Maisel. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Lots of one liners and jabs.

Comment

• Last night, I watched Apollo 11 which came out earlier this year. It contains a lot of previously unseen video and audio and is really well done. It has more of a behind the scenes feel to it and gives you an up close and personal view of the entire mission. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Finished The Terror season 1 today,... very good tho I feel it would have been better without the whole ManBearPig sub story,...
                                                                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c9swwJQtb9s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll Certainly be watching this when Fall 2020 rolls around

Comment

• 2020's Thread of the Year:

Question about a geisha.

Comment

2020's Thread of the Year:

Question about a geisha.
                                                                                      2020 already has a POY contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                                        Finished The Terror season 1 today,... very good tho I feel it would have been better without the whole ManBearPig sub story,...
                                                                                        The terror season 2 was better imo
                                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• Gordon Ramsey's 'Kitchen Nightmares' is pretty good... I just started watching.
                                                                                          Just found this piece of gold from South Bend's: J. Willy's Bar and Grille.
                                                                                          Have any of you been there or experienced the disgust he portrays?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1tiSzkMyIEQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: I just read they closed in '09. What a damn shame.
                                                                                          Last edited by Circa; 01-14-2020, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Started the Outsider on HBO last night.

Read the book by Stephen King, it was one of his best in recent years. Solid cast with Jason Bateman and Ben Mendelsohn leading the way.
                                                                                            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• OK. Which one you goobers did this video...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lJ415Kq7Gxs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                                                Started the Outsider on HBO last night.

Read the book by Stephen King, it was one of his best in recent years. Solid cast with Jason Bateman and Ben Mendelsohn leading the way.
                                                                                                Really liked the first two episodes. Has a sort of True Detective vibe to it. Curious where it goes from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                                                  Started the Outsider on HBO last night.

I really like it so far. The first couple of episodes were great in terms of building up stuff. Now that they are diving into the supernatural aspects, not sure how I will feel.

There's a tie in with Mr. Mercedes as well if you're seen the series or read the trilogy. The female PI (the one with the personality disorder) also plays a supporting role. The character is portrayed very differently between the two TV series.

Comment

• Anyone like the first episode of Picard? Thought the quality was the best I've seen in the Star Trek world of series.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X