• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clash of Clans

Addicted!

Anyone playing?

Members of Irish Rennagins
    Irish Man3 = Brandon (aka fearless leader)
    Shakedown = Shakedown
    IrishLax = Drogo
    ACamp = CampbellDaBruce
    Jason Pham = Jason
    wizards8507 = wizards8507
    NDBoiler = NDBoiler
    Irish8428 = Vin-sanity
    phork = Hork
    Goosetranio = Oberon
    irishog77 = 849
    DomerInHappyValley = Brian the God
    ulukinatme = Reuben
    Gburghirish = Ryan
    IrishLion10 = biggs1058
    Chris P. Bacon = kiel
    gkIrish = keemos28
    Irish4Life13 = Irish4Life13
    DjElfo = IrishBlood81
    Last edited by IrishLax; 07-17-2014, 03:05 PM.

Yup. We should start an IE clan.

Comment

Lol no doubt.

Its crazy, I've never been one for games like that. My wife asked me to help her start and the rest is history. I play ever minute possible

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
        Lol no doubt.

Its crazy, I've never been one for games like that. My wife asked me to help her start and the rest is history. I play ever minute possible
        No joke, I started playing because TJ Jones or Kendall Moore or someone was tweeting about the game. So I looked up what it was... then downloaded it... and now I'm waste deep in that game. Can proudly say I haven't spent a single dime on it yet though haha

Comment

Me either. Davaris plays. Weird that I know that but it is what it is.

I'll havr to rename my clan. Its Irish Rennagins right now.

Comment

I play animal crossing... My house is the envy of my entire village and I make the best snowman in town. #thuglife

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

^
              Just got that tatted on my chest!

Comment

I play Animal Crossing

Comment

Originally posted by 4irishnation View Post
                  I play Animal Crossing
                  Don't joke. Tom Nook is fuckin brutal businessman. Busting my balls on this mortgage.

Comment

Shits real life. No jokes in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                      Don't joke. Tom Nook is fuckin brutal businessman. Busting my balls on this mortgage.
                      LMAO

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 4irishnation View Post
                          "Some day, and that may never come, I will call upon you to pay a service for me. Until then, you owe me 10 thousand bells."

Comment

This thread made me try out this game......I'm hooked, but still learning.

Comment

My glasses were smudged, so I thought it said Clash of the Clams. I'll check out the game.

Comment

I played for a long time. Was too addicted and deleted it. It took away from my IE time.

Comment

Lol it's like crack

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                    Addicted!

Anyone playing?
                                    Downloading now. Damn you in advance.

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                    Yup. We should start an IE clan.
                                    I don't know what that means, but I'm in.

Comment

Level 96 and still waste lots of time on it. Great for a night shift.
                                      Just believe.

Comment

I've been playing for 24 hours and I'm pretty sure it's going to get me fired.

Comment

I made the rookie mistake of spending all my gems to start with on speeding up production of troops.

I eventually hoarded enough that I fast-tracked a couple defense constructions after I upgraded my town hall to lvl 8.

Also, I'm about to break down and youtube some of the best village layouts for defense / protecting resources.

Also, the new commercial for the game is hilarious lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion10 View Post
                                            I made the rookie mistake of spending all my gems to start with on speeding up production of troops.

I eventually hoarded enough that I fast-tracked a couple defense constructions after I upgraded my town hall to lvl 8.

Also, I'm about to break down and youtube some of the best village layouts for defense / protecting resources.

Also, the new commercial for the game is hilarious lol.
                                            I saw it for the first time while I was doing a hogrider raid. Had me rolling.

We need to get you, me, and irish.ca in the same clan. Irish man3 what level are you at?

I've never thought to youtube/look up best base layouts or raid strategies. I should probably do that. I was up in Crystal II and hit a bit of a brick wall. Was having to search 30+ bases to find one I could raid, and was getting obliterated every time I logged off. So I dropped trophies down to Gold I where it's easier pickings.

Comment

Irish Rennagins is the clan. I've played for a week. 800+ trophies

Comment

I was up in Crystal II and hit a bit of a brick wall. Was having to search 30+ bases to find one I could raid, and was getting obliterated every time I logged off. So I dropped trophies down to Gold I where it's easier pickings.
                                                Crystal II? That's no joke lol. I've been hovering around Silver I for a while now. I'm in an odd spot where my village gets raided for minimal trophy losses, but I can't execute successful raids to save my life. I'm behind the times with my attacks I guess. I usually load up on giants to take out defenses and let barbarians clean things up, but it's hard to find a good haul with all the "compartmentalized" base setups out there now.

Regardless, I'm more concerned with stockpiling my resources at the moment so the trophies aren't a big deal to me yet. Once I save enough to build two x-bows I'll redo my base layout and I'll start pushing for trophies.
                                                Last edited by IrishLion10; 01-02-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion10 View Post
                                                  Crystal II? That's no joke lol. I've been hovering around Silver I for a while now. I'm in an odd spot where my village gets raided for minimal trophy losses, but I can't execute successful raids to save my life. I'm behind the times with my attacks I guess. I usually load up on giants to take out defenses and let barbarians clean things up, but it's hard to find a good haul with all the "compartmentalized" base setups out there now.

Regardless, I'm more concerned with stockpiling my resources at the moment so the trophies aren't a big deal to me yet. Once I save enough to build two x-bows I'll redo my base layout and I'll start pushing for trophies.
                                                  I used to go heavy giants with a couple wall breakers + 2 healers + barbs or goblins. It works really well when people only have 1 or 2 air defenses as you just start with those then deploy healers and all is well. BUT once people start having 3+ air defenses, it kind of sucks... and it's expensive.

Here's what I've found... your most efficient form of raiding is to get Archer V and then just mass 200 archers. Find someone with a base that has full collectors and has them on the outside. Raid for 100-200k+ gold and elixir and a 1 star win. This works all the way up through gold, and is very cheap and also fast to train. I keep my barracks full queue such that if I only use ~100 archers in the raid by the time it concludes about another 30-40 have trained and I only have to wait a couple minutes to have full camps and go again.

It doesn't work once you start getting up against a lot of TH9 and TH10 in the higher leagues where people have high level mortars/wizard towers as well as x-bows and inferno towers. The archers get melted way too fast by x-bows. So up there, I use like 20 hogs, a couple giants, and then healing spells or healers... and depending on whether I'm going for resources or trophies goblins or archers for cleanup.

My defense sucks. So what I've done there is just stuck my TH outside the base hoping people take the bait and raid it for trophies giving me a shield and protecting my resources for 12 hours lol

Comment

Thanks you jerks. This game is more addicting than crack.
                                                    Just started 2 days ago and I can't put it down.
                                                    RIP KMC 4/15/13

Comment

Originally posted by DomerInHappyValley View Post
                                                      Thanks you jerks. This game is more addicting than crack.

Just started 2 days ago and I can't put it down.

Lol same

Comment

I actually put a crack warning in here a few days ago.

Comment

Jump spell and 100 goblins is a great return on investment. Giants barbs.wb's and archers sprinkled in as needed.

My clan is canada donates. There is a cd2 as well. Awesome donating clans but you have to work your way up. Yes we have south of the border members too. I usually have 2k donates per 2 week session. Our record is just under 6k which is crazy! You have to start in cd2, tell them conban1 sent you from cd1.
                                                          Just believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish.Ca View Post
                                                            Jump spell and 100 goblins is a great return on investment. Giants barbs.wb's and archers sprinkled in as needed.

My clan is canada donates. There is a cd2 as well. Awesome donating clans but you have to work your way up. Yes we have south of the border members too. I usually have 2k donates per 2 week session. Our record is just under 6k which is crazy! You have to start in cd2, tell them conban1 sent you from cd1.
                                                            Yeah, my clan is all Australians lol. A lot of lvl 100ish guys who donate lvl 6 troops so it's nice. Just now starting to train lvl 6 archers.

Comment

Guys, you have to try "Game of War." It is a blast.

It is a more complex version of Clash of Clans, more economy and strategy focused. The only downside is that you do lose the battle detail (battles are fought abstractly).

Comment

Am I too late to the party to start this up? I have no idea what it is, but it sounds a lot like this:

I will have sometime on my hands starting next Tuesday, so might start up.

My username will be: LongoMakesYouFat and my profile picture will be of Jaylon flexing.
                                                                Last edited by kuehnja; 01-05-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Just started up yesterday and a great way to pass the time while snowed in.

Comment

Started playing when this thread popped up and I'm addicted too. My shield went down last night and I've only been attacked once. How common are attacks? I'm only at level 16 right now and I've been focusing on upgrading my walls and other defense mechanisms.

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                      Started playing when this thread popped up and I'm addicted too. My shield went down last night and I've only been attacked once. How common are attacks? I'm only at level 16 right now and I've been focusing on upgrading my walls and other defense mechanisms.
                                                                      Happen all the time. At first, I was freaked out about attacks. Then I realized that it's just the reality of the game and you don't lose anything but resources. Basically, anything you lose you can get back and then some from your own attacks.

Save your gems as much as you can to buy builder huts.

Comment

Happen all the time. At first, I was freaked out about attacks. Then I realized that it's just the reality of the game and you don't lose anything but resources. Basically, anything you lose you can get back and then some from your own attacks.

Save your gems as much as you can to buy builder huts.
                                                                        I made the mistake of spending most of my gems early on. I really wanted to avoid spending any money but the value of another builder's hut might be worth it.

Comment

Also, can someone explain what trophies are for? I know that I get them when I attack others but what do I use them for?

Comment

I made the mistake of spending most of my gems early on. I really wanted to avoid spending any money but the value of another builder's hut might be worth it.
                                                                            I'm upgrading my town hall and barracks now. Eventually I'm just gonna run right through the single player mode.
                                                                            I've been attacked about 8 times now and it really doesn't cost me much because I've been upgrading and spending like crazy.
                                                                            RIP KMC 4/15/13

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Also, can someone explain what trophies are for? I know that I get them when I attack others but what do I use them for?
                                                                              Trophies place you into leagues when you get enough. At that point, you get resource bonuses for a win. The better your league, the better the bonus when you win a raid.

FWIW, trophies are basically pointless to worry about until you're at town hall level 7.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I looked at some google images of the game. Come on guys, looks a bit childish, no? Lol.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                                  I looked at some google images of the game. Come on guys, looks a bit childish, no? Lol.
                                                                                  What? You want iPad games to be hardcore and bad ass?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    What? You want iPad games to be hardcore and bad ass?
                                                                                    Well I've never played a PC game but I've seen someone play 'World of War Craft' and that just seemed to have more realistic, better graphics. WWC looked less cartoony.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Day five, and have a long ass way to go... If you guys haven't yet, take a look at the villages of the top players in the world. Pretty crazy.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Well I've never played a PC game but I've seen someone play 'World of War Craft' and that just seemed to have more realistic, better graphics. WWC looked less cartoony.

This isn't a PC game, it's a phone/iPad app

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                          Day five, and have a long ass way to go... If you guys haven't yet, take a look at the villages of the top players in the world. Pretty crazy.

Here is my village so far

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            One is massive multi-billion dollar online role playing game that you have to pay a monthly subscription for, devote hours a week to it, and need a relatively powerful gaming computer with high speed internet connection to play.

Clash of Clans is free time-waster that you can play on your iPhone while waiting in line, or on your iPad during commercials while watching football.

Soooooooooo............

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                              Here is my village so far
                                                                                              Might be a stupid question, but how did you screenshot your village? You just use your iPhone/iPad built in function and upload it somewhere?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                One is massive multi-billion dollar online role playing game that you have to pay a monthly subscription for, devote hours a week to it, and need a relatively powerful gaming computer with high speed internet connection to play.

Clash of Clans is free time-waster that you can play on your iPhone while waiting in line, or on your iPad during commercials while watching football.

Soooooooooo............
                                                                                                FINE DAD I'LL DOWNLOAD IT GEEZ.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Might be a stupid question, but how did you screenshot your village? You just use your iPhone/iPad built in function and upload it somewhere?

Just did a screen capture in my iPhone and uploaded here via Tapatalk

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Been playing for about 6 mo, TH9 level 88 as of right now. I'd join your clan Lax but I'm elder in one with a bunch of buddies that initially invited me to play.

Magic number for trophies is 1250, gets you 500 free gems. Then another 250 when you go emerald. Enough for a third builder.
                                                                                                    People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X