Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies you just saw

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
    I watched the 2001 Johnny Depp film Blow this weekend. Rather well done and definitely worth the watch. On my wife's rec, I started the 2005 film Memoirs Of A Geisha today. So far it's really good. Great cinematography and acting.
    Great movie. Such a great cast. I really love Jordi Molia as Diego. Great bad guy.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

    Comment


    • Watched Dark Places. Meh. Expected much more with that cast.
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
        Great movie. Such a great cast. I really love Jordi Molia as Diego. Great bad guy.
        I wasn't familiar with Molia until this movie, but yeah, he's an exceptionally good actor.
        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

        Comment


        • Watched "Soul" on Christmas. It's a good, not great, movie. It's more for adults than children. It reminds me of "American Beauty" in a way: the main point is to enjoy life before it's too late.

          I highly recommend it for jazz enthusiasts.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
            I wasn't familiar with Molia until this movie, but yeah, he's an exceptionally good actor.
            Always though Molla would get some big roles after that. I've seen him in a few bit parts here and there, but can't recall a big role. I think he might be more of foreign language movie actor in terms of mainstream.
            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

            Comment


            • Just watched Midnight Sky with George Clooney, Kyle
              Chandler and Felicity Jones. Interesting movie about the end of planet earth based from the artic and space.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                Just watched Midnight Sky with George Clooney, Kyle
                Chandler and Felicity Jones. Interesting movie about the end of planet earth based from the artic and space.
                I felt like I wasted a couple of hours to be honest.
                Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tadman95 View Post
                  I felt like I wasted a couple of hours to be honest.
                  I didn't say I recommended it. lol

                  I agree, it had way too many holes. While watching I kept thinking this was a political movie on climate change. I did find the concept of going back and forth with the two story lines interesting, but was expecting more than brief radio contact to tie them together.

                  Comment


                  • Watched Hot Summer Nights yesterday. Timothée Chalamet, same guy that is the lead in Dune, and was in The Kink and Ladybird, played the lead. Title is way off for what the movie is. Not a "great" movie, but very good in a lot of ways. Good acting, sound track, cinematography, directing, etc... Basically about some late teen early 20s kids falling into the drug trade in the upper NE. Not for everyone, but I think some will really enjoy it.
                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                    Comment


                    • It took me a week, as I was super busy and could only watch bits & pieces at a time, but I finally finished Memoirs Of A Geisha. Absolutely top-notch film in every way. Very good story, the visuals were excellent, and the acting was outstanding. Highly recommend.
                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                      Comment


                      • Netflix Docs:

                        Icarus
                        The Great Hack
                        The Social Dilemma

                        Didn't do much for my stress.

                        Safety and Soul on Disney Plus. Much better feels.
                        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                          Netflix Docs:

                          Icarus
                          The Great Hack
                          The Social Dilemma

                          Didn't do much for my stress.

                          Safety and Soul on Disney Plus. Much better feels.
                          Icarus was great. The Social Dilemma just made me sad for today's kids.

                          Comment


                          • Wonder Woman 1984 is absolutely terrible. It's so bad, it made my eyeballs throw up.

                            Comment


                            • I re-watched 1980's The Elephant Man with John Hurt and Anthony Hopkins this week. It had probably been 30 years since I last saw it. Just a beautiful story and so well acted. A very moving film and well worth the time to watch it.
                              Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                              Comment


                              • Fathom Events and Turner Classic Movies show older movies in the theaters every once in a while. Saw The Maltese Falcon on the big screen yesterday. Probably my favorite movie of all time. The wife didn't want to go since she's seen it a couple of times. It was great. She even enjoyed it. Showing The African Queen in April, so we'll probably catch it.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
                                  Wonder Woman 1984 is absolutely terrible. It's so bad, it made my eyeballs throw up.
                                  I got a lot of work done after putting that movie on. Ignoring it after the first 5 min was a great motivator.

                                  Comment


                                  • Just watched I Care A Lot with Rosamund Pike and Peter Dinklage. Pike runs a guardianship scam and scams a lady with a secret past. Excellent IMO.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                      Just watched I Care A Lot with Rosamund Pike and Peter Dinklage. Pike runs a guardianship scam and scams a lady with a secret past. Excellent IMO.
                                      Yup, it looks good. I almost watched it instead of Tell Me Your Secrets this last weekend. I'm sure I'll check it out this week or weekend. I love Dinklage in general. Been a fan since I watched The Station Agent around 20ish years ago.
                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                      Comment


                                      • The Outpost on Netflix was pretty intense

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

                                          Yup, it looks good. I almost watched it instead of Tell Me Your Secrets this last weekend. I'm sure I'll check it out this week or weekend. I love Dinklage in general. Been a fan since I watched The Station Agent around 20ish years ago.
                                          Watched that as well. Pretty good. Need to pay attention to keep track of all of the players.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                            Watched that as well. Pretty good. Need to pay attention to keep track of all of the players.
                                            Keeps your attention, at least it did for me. Binged it all Fri-Mon. While I don't normally like open endings, they did a good job of removing the mysteries, and setting things up for S2.

                                            Rabe's legs and abs... kept me watching lol. I think cut off jean shorts and wife beaters were the only things she owned. At least they saved on the apparel budget.
                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                            Comment


                                            • I finally broke down and watched Chinatown. It was very good and quite sad. I have The Two Jake's set to record this weekend.

                                              Comment

                                              Adsense

                                              Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X