Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies you just saw

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Movies you just saw

    Okay, let's call this thread pretty self-explanatory; you discuss films you've just seen recently (either for the first time or for the umpteenth time)

    I just saw "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind." It's George Clooney's directorial debut about the (supposed) life of Chuck Barris, television producer and purported CIA hit man. I heard it was solid but I'm wary of Clooney material as he is apt to load his movies with predictable leftist claptrap. It was really engaging, I must say. The leftist nonsense was minimal. 2 things, tough; you must have a healthy tolerance for the sight of Sam Rockwell's butt. Also, it occurred to me that while Julia Roberts is incredible striking, lovely, and charismatic she is not the least bit sexy or alluring. Seriously, minor female characters in this movie blew her away with regard to sex appeal. It seems minor and silly, but my wife and I agree that it is difficult to buy a man throwing himself at this woman with unbridled passion.
    Last edited by Black Irish; 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM. Reason: ..

  • #2
    End of Watch ... amazing!
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

    Comment


    • #3
      It's been a bit...

      Les Miserables.... Wow, such a great film. It's a tear jerker. But the live action singing really, really makes the movie. It creates a nice intermediate from traditional film musicals to theater musicals. Also, the cast was essentially perfect. Anne, Jackman, Crowe, Seyfried, and the lesser names were tremendous as well... Sacha Baron Cohen was hilarious too.

      I highly recommend this film. Tremendous.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
        It's been a bit...

        Les Miserables.... Wow, such a great film. It's a tear jerker. But the live action singing really, really makes the movie. It creates a nice intermediate from traditional film musicals to theater musicals. Also, the cast was essentially perfect. Anne, Jackman, Crowe, Seyfried, and the lesser names were tremendous as well... Sacha Baron Cohen was hilarious too.

        I highly recommend this film. Tremendous.
        I've been hearing good stuff about this movie (Russell Crowe's singing non-withstanding). I'll certainly check it out when it hits DVD. Any thoughts to how it stand up to the Liam Neeson/Geoffrey Rush version?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Black Irish View Post
          Okay, let's call this thread pretty self-explanatory; you discuss films you've just seen recently (either for the first time or for the umpteenth time)
          I just told you in a different thread. "Zorba the Greek," dammit!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Black Irish View Post
            I've been hearing good stuff about this movie (Russell Crowe's singing non-withstanding). I'll certainly check it out when it hits DVD. Any thoughts to how it stand up to the Liam Neeson/Geoffrey Rush version?
            Honestly, I haven't seen the Neeson version since I was young. I couldn't compare. I was with multiple family members that said it was much better than that version.

            As for Crowe, his seeing wasn't "pretty" like you might expect on Broadway. However, I actually liked the gritty tone. It made the movie sound more believable. Sometimes over singing takes away from the movie imo. The "normalness" in his voice was pleasing to hear.

            I highly recommend. It's still in theaters in my area, maybe you could still catch it there. I'm more of a movie theater kind of guy. But if you can't make, definitely worth watching on DVD. The better the sound system you play it on, the better.

            Enjoy!

            Comment


            • #7
              The Other Guys gas really grown on me lately.. Blu ray

              Comment


              • #8
                Saw Zero Dark Thirty. While it was good, did not live up to the hype IMO. Pretty darn good acting from the leads, just slow in spots.
                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                  Saw Zero Dark Thirty. While it was good, did not live up to the hype IMO. Pretty darn good acting from the leads, just slow in spots.
                  Very slow! I loved it though.. just took a while.
                  When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dark Knight rises.
                    Enjoyed it more than any other movie of the trilogy.
                    RIP KMC 4/15/13

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just got home from "The Last Stand." Not a Stephen King novel, the Schwarzenegger comeback vehicle. And when I say comeback, I mean propped up on a stick on camera for 90 minutes.

                      A few chortles the last 30 minutes. Glad I didn't pay for it.
                      "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Argo - must see. Who knew Ben Affleck would turn out to be this good of a director?

                        Silver Linings Playbook - good, but I would classify it as an "Oscar Movie." Meaning it is full of good acting performances but overall the movie is a B and not really re-watchable.

                        This is 40 - Good, but can wait for Netflix/Redbox

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IndyIrishFan1 View Post
                          Argo - must see. Who knew Ben Affleck would turn out to be this good of a director?

                          Silver Linings Playbook - good, but I would classify it as an "Oscar Movie." Meaning it is full of good acting performances but overall the movie is a B and not really re-watchable.

                          This is 40 - Good, but can wait for Netflix/Redbox
                          This x1000. Best movie I saw from 2012. Alan Arkin is the man.

                          Been trying to catch movies from the comedy draft we did on IE last summer that I hadn't watched. Dr. Strangelove is an all time classic.
                          "Nine out of ten times it's an electric razor, but every once in a while..."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Django Unchained. Great movie, but a little long. Tarantino could have easily cut out 30 minutes or so out of the movie and I think it would have flowed much better. Christoph Waltz, Jamie Fox, Don Johnson, Leo DiCaprio and Sam Jackson are all brilliant characters and the typical Tarantino-esque witty dialogue made me laugh out loud throughout the movie. I didn't like the ending, but I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it. Tarantino needs to stick to writing / directing and leave the acting to the actors. He has a 10-15 minute cameo as an Australian character and his acting (especially his phony accent) is absolutely awful! There is quite a bit of gratuitous gore, so definitely not a movie if you don't like to see blood (my wife hated it for this reason). Overall, if you like Tarantino movies you will not be disappointed and I highly recommend seeing it on the big screen while you can!
                            The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Win Win.. another solid Paul Giamatti flick.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Zero Dark Thirty was excellent. A little slow, but even the slow parts featured tense moments and excellent acting. And the last half hour/45 minutes were some of the best film making I've ever seen

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Saw Mama, Now I'm having difficulty sleeping with the lights off.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by dshans View Post
                                    I just told you in a different thread. "Zorba the Greek," dammit!
                                    Ha, ha. Good one.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Saw End of Watch over the weekend. If you are a fan of police shows (Southland, The Shield) and movies (Heat, Colors) I think you will enjoy it. There is some brutal/heavy stuff, so be forewarned.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Zero Dark Thirty was pretty good, but I agree it did not live up to the hype. Then again, I made the mistake of reading a book about the mission ("No Easy Day") right before seeing the movie, so the parts that were left out or over dramaticized in the movie really got to me. If you really want to get the real story about the mission, read that book.
                                        “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          um, Les Miserables. i took one for the team on this one. i do want to see Zero Dark Thirty soon.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            i love movies. they are what i do.

                                            there have been some fantastic films this year. the summer blockbusters were a little meh this year. avengers and dark knight were probably my favorites.

                                            now that its award season, im trying to see all of the nominated films from the major categories. you guys have been pretty spot on.

                                            i missed flight. and i have yet to see life of pi. and lincoln.

                                            i really enjoyed skyfall. it was the best bond movie to date. hands down.

                                            les mis-is very close to a perfect movie. epic in design and yet personnal due to all of the solos being shot almost entirely in close up and in one take. i was working with eddie redmayne when he had to audition for this--very funny watching this brit dressed as a cowboy singing some of the most famous music about the french revolution.

                                            argo- it got gipped. its extremely well done. very tense and anxiety laced through out. even though we know the outcome, it still managed to grip me completely till the very end. and there was enough levity to adjust to a 2 hour heart attack. alan arkin is always fantastic.

                                            zero dark thirty-basically the same as argo. gripping and enough tension even though the outcome is known. dont know how much liberties were taken by the filmmakers. the director has said there is some, there has to be. and yes, the final 30 minutes are great. jessica chastain is going to have a very long career. shes just fantastic.

                                            django unchained-loved it. a tad long. but, im fine with that. it never got to a point where i was bored. a tad gory, but its the "neo-tarantino gore", which is like the kill bill stuff. fountains of blood, exploding blood packs. its so heightened that it cant be taken seriously. i find it funny. he used to push the envelope with reservoir dogs and the ear. or pulp fiction with the brain pieces but from kill bill on, he has almost exploited his own devices.

                                            this is 40-meh. kinda funny. somehow i think leslie mann is a crazy "b" and is not acting whatsoever. the problem with this movie is there is no real story here. its a collection of "problems" or situations that middle aged people go through. and address different things that i know my parents would never have had to deal with, but the truer nature of the modern family. funny. paul rudd is awesome as usual. just meh.

                                            promised land--should win best screenplay hands down. its fantastic. matt damon at the top of his game. francis mcdormond is great as usual. and i was pleasantly surprised with john krazinski. a terrific story. terrific setting. just a really strong film.

                                            the impossible--i didnt watch it, but my girlfriend did. she really liked it. said its sad as anything shes ever seen. even les mis.

                                            beasts of the southern wild--tragic. sad. uplifting. the little girl is fantastic. the "beasts" shots were sort of annoying after awhile. the typical fantasy metaphor, it just got stale or already was. took me out of the moment. its a movie that i would not watch again. and its sort of hard to believe that there are people that live like this.

                                            i think thats about it. for now. will probably see lincoln. not sure about life of pi. id like to but we'll see.
                                            Oh yeah, I ain't allowed to say "goddamn" no more.--D-Bob

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by tko View Post
                                              um, Les Miserables. i took one for the team on this one. i do want to see Zero Dark Thirty soon.
                                              Tell the wife that she has to sit through "The Expendables 2" to make it up to you.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by UmphreakDomer View Post
                                                i really enjoyed skyfall. it was the best bond movie to date. hands down.
                                                Pretty bold considering the greatness of the Connery bond films.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Veer option View Post
                                                  Pretty bold considering the greatness of the Connery bond films.
                                                  True, but I can put "Skyfall" in the top 5. I still think "Casino Royale" is a tad better, though.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                    um, Les Miserables. i took one for the team on this one. i do want to see Zero Dark Thirty soon.
                                                    Not gonna lie...loved it. But I am a huge song and stage/Broadway kind of cat. Nothing Compares to Phantom of the Opera, however.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by sportallyr View Post
                                                      Django Unchained. Great movie, but a little long. Tarantino could have easily cut out 30 minutes or so out of the movie and I think it would have flowed much better. Christoph Waltz, Jamie Fox, Don Johnson, Leo DiCaprio and Sam Jackson are all brilliant characters and the typical Tarantino-esque witty dialogue made me laugh out loud throughout the movie. I didn't like the ending, but I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it. Tarantino needs to stick to writing / directing and leave the acting to the actors. He has a 10-15 minute cameo as an Australian character and his acting (especially his phony accent) is absolutely awful! There is quite a bit of gratuitous gore, so definitely not a movie if you don't like to see blood (my wife hated it for this reason). Overall, if you like Tarantino movies you will not be disappointed and I highly recommend seeing it on the big screen while you can!
                                                      Best movie of the year. I can watch Tarantino forever, and his legions of fans wish he didn't cut it the 40min that he did to get it under three hours.

                                                      He has said that he might stop making movies in a decade or so and write or go to making mini-series so he can use all of his script and not have time crunches. Tarantino + HBO = 7-10 hours OF GREATNESS.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Django was awesome. Not quite Pulp Fiction, but baller as hell.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by sportallyr View Post
                                                          Django Unchained. Great movie, but a little long. Tarantino could have easily cut out 30 minutes or so out of the movie and I think it would have flowed much better. Christoph Waltz, Jamie Fox, Don Johnson, Leo DiCaprio and Sam Jackson are all brilliant characters and the typical Tarantino-esque witty dialogue made me laugh out loud throughout the movie. I didn't like the ending, but I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it. Tarantino needs to stick to writing / directing and leave the acting to the actors. He has a 10-15 minute cameo as an Australian character and his acting (especially his phony accent) is absolutely awful! There is quite a bit of gratuitous gore, so definitely not a movie if you don't like to see blood (my wife hated it for this reason). Overall, if you like Tarantino movies you will not be disappointed and I highly recommend seeing it on the big screen while you can!
                                                          Tarantino staple.

                                                          Great movie. I went to see it as well. The dialogue is top notch (as will all his movies)

                                                          Also, just watched "Taken 2" and it was solid.


                                                          I"m looking forward to "Mama" (I'm a horror fan).

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                            Best movie of the year. I can watch Tarantino forever, and his legions of fans wish he didn't cut it the 40min that he did to get it under three hours.

                                                            He has said that he might stop making movies in a decade or so and write or go to making mini-series so he can use all of his script and not have time crunches. Tarantino + HBO = 7-10 hours OF GREATNESS.
                                                            One of my favorite movie lines of all time from Dusk til Dawn:

                                                            What were they psychos?

                                                            Psychos? Psychos??....Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fVck how crazy they are!

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                              Best movie of the year. I can watch Tarantino forever, and his legions of fans wish he didn't cut it the 40min that he did to get it under three hours.

                                                              He has said that he might stop making movies in a decade or so and write or go to making mini-series so he can use all of his script and not have time crunches. Tarantino + HBO = 7-10 hours OF GREATNESS.
                                                              Holy balls. That thought made my day.

                                                              Silver Linings Playbook was good.

                                                              My favorite movie of recent memory is Pitch Perfect. It is hilarious and has some pretty decent singing in it. I'd highly recommend it.

                                                              Also, if you're into Asian action/Kung Fu, check out The Raid: Redemption. It is amazing. Gotta be okay with subtitles.
                                                              Last edited by peoriairish; 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Originally posted by D-BOE34 View Post
                                                                End of Watch ... amazing!
                                                                **SPOILERS**

                                                                Good movie but the scene where they get ambushed by ten guys with AK's and neither get hit once really turned it off for me... then the final scene, the one guy takes all of that and the other lives??

                                                                okay.
                                                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by peoriairish View Post
                                                                  My favorite movie of recent memory is Pitch Perfect. It is hilarious and has some pretty decent singing in it. I'd highly recommend it.

                                                                  You're my boy, Peoria, but that's very disheartening to read. I was forced to watch that **** fest with my wife and I felt like I should've beat her for it afterwards.
                                                                  Working in the South til I can retire in the North.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by In Lou I Trust View Post
                                                                    You're my boy, Peoria, but that's very disheartening to read. I was forced to watch that **** fest with my wife and I felt like I should've beat her for it afterwards.
                                                                    Haha. I watched it with a big group of people, so I'm sure that helped. But I thought it was funny. I tend to have a guilty pleasure for movies like that.

                                                                    Check out the part I added to original post though. It will make up for Pitch Perfect haha.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by peoriairish View Post
                                                                      Haha. I watched it with a big group of people, so I'm sure that helped. But I thought it was funny. I tend to have a guilty pleasure for movies like that.

                                                                      Check out the part I added to original post though. It will make up for Pitch Perfect haha.
                                                                      Movies like that make me wanna shoot something. I had to look away out of embarrassment for the actors at times. It did have some decent singing, though.

                                                                      Raid is badass as ****!! You've redeemed yourself!
                                                                      Working in the South til I can retire in the North.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Anyone else see Looper? I soooo would have killed that kid!!! Also ready to take **** for this one, but i like Pitch Perfect.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Absolutely love Tarintino movies but I've yet to see Django. I just watched Reservoir Dogs for the the umpteenth time and it never seems to get old. Obviously Pulp Fiction is one of my all-time favorites as is Inglourious Basterds.
                                                                          The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                            It's been a bit...

                                                                            Les Miserables.... Wow, such a great film. It's a tear jerker. But the live action singing really, really makes the movie. It creates a nice intermediate from traditional film musicals to theater musicals. Also, the cast was essentially perfect. Anne, Jackman, Crowe, Seyfried, and the lesser names were tremendous as well... Sacha Baron Cohen was hilarious too.

                                                                            I highly recommend this film. Tremendous.
                                                                            Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                            Honestly, I haven't seen the Neeson version since I was young. I couldn't compare. I was with multiple family members that said it was much better than that version.

                                                                            As for Crowe, his seeing wasn't "pretty" like you might expect on Broadway. However, I actually liked the gritty tone. It made the movie sound more believable. Sometimes over singing takes away from the movie imo. The "normalness" in his voice was pleasing to hear.

                                                                            I highly recommend. It's still in theaters in my area, maybe you could still catch it there. I'm more of a movie theater kind of guy. But if you can't make, definitely worth watching on DVD. The better the sound system you play it on, the better.

                                                                            Enjoy!
                                                                            Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                                            um, Les Miserables. i took one for the team on this one. i do want to see Zero Dark Thirty soon.
                                                                            Originally posted by UmphreakDomer View Post
                                                                            i love movies. they are what i do.

                                                                            there have been some fantastic films this year. the summer blockbusters were a little meh this year. avengers and dark knight were probably my favorites.

                                                                            now that its award season, im trying to see all of the nominated films from the major categories. you guys have been pretty spot on.

                                                                            i missed flight. and i have yet to see life of pi. and lincoln.

                                                                            i really enjoyed skyfall. it was the best bond movie to date. hands down.

                                                                            les mis-is very close to a perfect movie. epic in design and yet personnal due to all of the solos being shot almost entirely in close up and in one take. i was working with eddie redmayne when he had to audition for this--very funny watching this brit dressed as a cowboy singing some of the most famous music about the french revolution.

                                                                            argo- it got gipped. its extremely well done. very tense and anxiety laced through out. even though we know the outcome, it still managed to grip me completely till the very end. and there was enough levity to adjust to a 2 hour heart attack. alan arkin is always fantastic.

                                                                            zero dark thirty-basically the same as argo. gripping and enough tension even though the outcome is known. dont know how much liberties were taken by the filmmakers. the director has said there is some, there has to be. and yes, the final 30 minutes are great. jessica chastain is going to have a very long career. shes just fantastic.

                                                                            django unchained-loved it. a tad long. but, im fine with that. it never got to a point where i was bored. a tad gory, but its the "neo-tarantino gore", which is like the kill bill stuff. fountains of blood, exploding blood packs. its so heightened that it cant be taken seriously. i find it funny. he used to push the envelope with reservoir dogs and the ear. or pulp fiction with the brain pieces but from kill bill on, he has almost exploited his own devices.

                                                                            this is 40-meh. kinda funny. somehow i think leslie mann is a crazy "b" and is not acting whatsoever. the problem with this movie is there is no real story here. its a collection of "problems" or situations that middle aged people go through. and address different things that i know my parents would never have had to deal with, but the truer nature of the modern family. funny. paul rudd is awesome as usual. just meh.

                                                                            promised land--should win best screenplay hands down. its fantastic. matt damon at the top of his game. francis mcdormond is great as usual. and i was pleasantly surprised with john krazinski. a terrific story. terrific setting. just a really strong film.

                                                                            the impossible--i didnt watch it, but my girlfriend did. she really liked it. said its sad as anything shes ever seen. even les mis.

                                                                            beasts of the southern wild--tragic. sad. uplifting. the little girl is fantastic. the "beasts" shots were sort of annoying after awhile. the typical fantasy metaphor, it just got stale or already was. took me out of the moment. its a movie that i would not watch again. and its sort of hard to believe that there are people that live like this.

                                                                            i think thats about it. for now. will probably see lincoln. not sure about life of pi. id like to but we'll see.
                                                                            Originally posted by IrishinTN View Post
                                                                            Not gonna lie...loved it. But I am a huge song and stage/Broadway kind of cat. Nothing Compares to Phantom of the Opera, however.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Just saw Silver Linings Playbook. Really enjoyed it. Django is my favorite movie Ive seen this year but this would probably be second. All the acting was really top notch, nice to see Chris Tucker giving a great performance and I was surprised that Bradley Cooper was so good having only seen him in The Hangover before. Just a really interesting, well put together film.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Flight

                                                                                Apparently others I've spoken with were not huge fans of the movie, but having had an alcoholic father this movie was phenomenal in my eyes. John Goodman (one of my favs) did a great job being the film's comedic relief when it seemed almost too serious.

                                                                                Not to mention, being in the movie theater with the surround sound and large screen made me feel like I was in the freaking plane crash. Possibly one of the more frightening experiences for me in a movie theater!

                                                                                I absolutely LOVED it.
                                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                  Flight

                                                                                  Apparently others I've spoken with were not huge fans of the movie, but having had an alcoholic father this movie was phenomenal in my eyes. John Goodman (one of my favs) did a great job being the film's comedic relief when it seemed almost too serious.

                                                                                  Not to mention, being in the movie theater with the surround sound and large screen made me feel like I was in the freaking plane crash. Possibly one of the more frightening experiences for me in a movie theater!

                                                                                  I absolutely LOVED it.

                                                                                  I thought the plane crash scene was absolutely fantastic. Well acted film all around. The ending was however imo absolutely awful and pretty much ruined the movie for me.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Just recently watched The Muppet Movie and Chariots of the Gods...gotta luv Netflix!

                                                                                    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
                                                                                    Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Beasts of the Southern Wild- great movie, really enjoyed. And Yes Umphreak Domer, people do live like that.

                                                                                      Project X- wish I could've had/been to this type of party. Was entertaining.

                                                                                      Seven Pcsycopaths- Pretty good. Cristopher Walken being Cristopher Walken. Enjoyed.

                                                                                      Ted- Not as funny as expected.
                                                                                      Last edited by scUM Hater; 02-01-2013, 08:26 PM.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Halfway through "Eddie and the Cruisers".
                                                                                        Had an urge to watch it tonight.
                                                                                        We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by TheFlyingAlamo View Post
                                                                                          Halfway through "Eddie and the Cruisers".
                                                                                          Had an urge to watch it tonight.
                                                                                          Love it. Soundtrack is awesome.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by GEORGIA DOMER View Post
                                                                                            Love it. Soundtrack is awesome.
                                                                                            It's solid for what it is...doesn't sound like 1963 AT ALL though hahaha
                                                                                            We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by scUM Hater View Post
                                                                                              Beasts of the Southern Wild- great movie, really enjoyed. And Yes Umphreak Domer, people do live like that.

                                                                                              Project X- wish I could've had/been to this type of party. Was entertaining.

                                                                                              Seven Pcsycopaths- Pretty good. Cristopher Walken being Cristopher Walken. Enjoyed.

                                                                                              Ted- Not as funny as expected.
                                                                                              Project X was a great movie!
                                                                                              "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by D-BOE34 View Post
                                                                                                End of Watch ... amazing!
                                                                                                *Spoiler*

                                                                                                Didn't live up to the hype for me. The previews looked awesome and everyone said great things but I just didn't love it. The gang bangers were annoying as **** and I didnt like the ending. I don't mind a sad ending but that was just depressing.
                                                                                                Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 02-02-2013, 12:14 AM.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Veer option View Post
                                                                                                  Pretty bold considering the greatness of the Connery bond films.
                                                                                                  very true. tough to beat the originals. i for one like the realness and grittiness of the craig bonds than the campiness of the predecessors.
                                                                                                  Oh yeah, I ain't allowed to say "goddamn" no more.--D-Bob

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by scUM Hater View Post
                                                                                                    Beasts of the Southern Wild- great movie, really enjoyed. And Yes Umphreak Domer, people do live like that.

                                                                                                    Project X- wish I could've had/been to this type of party. Was entertaining.

                                                                                                    Seven Pcsycopaths- Pretty good. Cristopher Walken being Cristopher Walken. Enjoyed.

                                                                                                    Ted- Not as funny as expected.
                                                                                                    i guess you misunderstood me. its not that it was unbelievable for the movies concerns. i cant believe that in this country there are camps in the swamps with people that kind of govern themselves in a lord of the flies kind of way. opened my eyes.

                                                                                                    that level of poverty, yet, freedom, is staggering to me.
                                                                                                    Oh yeah, I ain't allowed to say "goddamn" no more.--D-Bob

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X