Happy Birthday dshans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday dshans!

Or should this be posted in "On this Day in History"?

Happy Birthday buddy!

Happy birthday to dshans!
    The one who knocks.

Comment

Great thread!

Happy Bday my friend.

Comment

Happy birthday bud!!!!!

Comment

Happy birthday, bro!

P.S. If that's really you next to your B-day cake in Bobby's pic above, then......well........I'd totally do you, dshans. There. I said it.

Comment

What a day.. I have gas.

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralBackhand View Post
              What a day.. I have gas.

Happy Birthday!
              Like you filled up your tank or you filled up your tank?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                Like you filled up your tank or you filled up your tank?
                Like I ate Krystal's sunrisers for breakfast.

Comment

Though I was born in St. Vincent's hospital in Manhattan, it was such a momentous occasion that there was a 7.5 earthquake clear across the country in Kern County, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by dshans View Post
                    Though I was born in St. Vincent's hospital in Manhattan, it was such a momentous occasion that there was a 7.5*earthquake clear across the country in Kern County, CA.
                    Don't worry. It wasn't your fault: it was San Andrea's.

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                      P.S. If that's really you next to your B-day cake in Bobby's pic above
                      Could be. Appears to be grammatically correct: no 'dangling participle' evident

Oh, Happy Birthday dshans

Comment

Cheers on another year.

Comment

Would you like a little cake to go with all those candles?????...

;)
                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Happy Birthday sir, you are a "Hog" and a scholar.
                            Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Happy B'day Dick!

Comment

Birth Happiness Day it is toward you, and more than many later ons.

To: The Grammar Hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSunIsRising View Post
                                  ... Appears to be grammatically correct: no 'dangling participle' evident
                                  ... only dangling conversations. And rambling stories of questionable worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbar View Post
                                    ... you are a "Hog" and a scholar.
                                    A scholarly swine? A gluttonous smart ***?

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                      Would you like a little cake to go with all those candles?????...

;)
                                      Just think of the candlepower ... my cake could illuminate a small city for a night! And, depending on CSI (candles per square inch – consult your local codes), it could feed the populous as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralBackhand View Post
                                        Like I ate Krystal's sunrisers for breakfast.
                                        Keep your *** away from my cake. Really. I don't need no 'splosions in my house!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                          Birth Happiness Day it is toward you, and more than many later ons.

To: The Grammar Hammer.
                                          To same you and as goes on time. Ons are more than many laters.

To: Hammacher Schlemmer Man.

Comment

Happy birthday, old fellow!
                                            Please, Mr. Bartender, listen here. I ain't here for trouble so have no fear. . .

Comment

Hope you had good Bday Captain Comma!

Comment

Enjoy your day Dshans.

Comment

I'm not too late. Happy b-day.

Comment

Happy Birthday! Aunt Bea made you a pie......... I ate it
                                                    Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

Happy birthday

Comment

Originally posted by tadman95 View Post
                                                        Happy Birthday! Aunt Bea made you a pie......... I ate it
                                                        Was it good? (Silly question, I know.) Was it apple? Cherry? Blueberry? Did you at least save a piece for Opie?

Comment

Apple w/ice cream. It was fine, just fiiiiiiiine.

Opie got nothing, you think I'm crazy

Comment

Originally posted by tadman95 View Post
                                                            ... you think I'm crazy?
                                                            Do you want an honest answer or do you want me to pretend to be a Southern Gentleman or some such thing?

Comment

Do you want an honest answer or do you want me to pretend to be a Southern Gentleman or some such thing?
                                                              Yea, let's move on. Nothing to see here.

Comment

The following article made me think of our own resident Grammar Hammer:

I Won't Hire People Who Use Poor Grammar. Here's Why.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                  The following article made me think of our own resident Grammar Hammer:

I Won't Hire People Who Use Poor Grammar. Here's Why.
                                                                  Bless you. My "forgive them for they know not what they do" internet filter is on the verge of grinding to a halt as a result of overuse and insufficient lubrication. Clarity is a worthy, admirable and necessary goal. Accurate grammar is an autobahn to that end.

Comment

And, for better or worse, people judge you if you can't tell the difference between their, there, and they're.
                                                                    So they're!

Comment

From the article:

"Good grammar is credibility, especially on the internet. In blog posts, on Facebook statuses, in e-mails, and on company websites, your words are all you have. They are a projection of you in your physical absence."

"I hire people who care about those details. Applicants who don't think writing is important are likely to think lots of other (important) things also aren't important. And I guarantee that even if other companies aren't issuing grammar tests, they pay attention to sloppy mistakes on résumés".

"Even" on IE, the density of slop in the writing sometimes makes the posts unclear if not actually uninterpretable. Someone the other day wrote that "VY" had beaten USC sometime in the past. Vanderbilt?? Typo for WYoming? SYracuse? BYU? It wasn't obvious that this was supposed to be "Vince Young". Sometimes even valuable posters are so "in their own heads" that you can't easily tell exactly what they're talking about.

Bad grammar and lousy care in communication of all kinds is simply laziness. That is also what the writer is talking about and why neither he nor I would hire such a person.

Comment

YAHOO! YIPPIE SKIPPY! HOT DIGGITY DANG!

Since I'm bent on not starting a thread – ever, I thought I'd toss this in here:

I just noticed that I'm now a vBillionaire!!!

Let the begging begin ...

Comment

Since I'm bent on not starting a thread – ever, I thought I'd toss this in here:

Congratulations! How did you do it? vPonzi scheme? Bonds?

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                                                                            Congratulations! How did you do it? vPonzi scheme? Bonds?
                                                                            Extortion ... and the exorbitant fee I charged as executor of NeuteredDoomer's vEstate.
                                                                            Last edited by dshans; 08-27-2012, 10:37 PM. Reason: I miss that poopin' deer.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              beer all around!

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #40

Just like a Kennedy!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                  Just like a Kennedy!
                                                                                  Yew gots a problem wid dat, Mitt-Man?

PSST: I can get you a deal on Jameson, Guinness, Canadian Club, Molson Canadian Ale ... whatever suits your fancy.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Happy Birthday and congratulations on becoming a vBillionaire, dshans! Your insightful posts and hammer of grammar make each of my days just a little bit brighter. Have a wonderful day!
                                                                                    "...and our hearts forever, love thee Notre Dame!"

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Yew gots a problem wid dat, Mitt-Man?

PSST: I can get you a deal on Jameson, Guinness, Canadian Club, Molson Canadian Ale ... whatever suits your fancy.

You silver spooned libs with your vbuck trust fund and money in Fiji.

Psst: I'll take a truckload of Jameson, thank you. You can keep the Reformation Whiskey.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by NDTH91 View Post
                                                                                        Happy Birthday and congratulations on becoming a vBillionaire, dshans! Your insightful posts and hammer of grammar make each of my days just a little bit brighter. Have a wonderful day!
                                                                                        "hammer of grammar"

I like that but shouldn't it be, "Da Hammer of Grammar" or more simply, "Da Gramma Hamma".
                                                                                        Last edited by BGIF; 08-28-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Happy Birthday, Young Sir... We Are ND. Slainte.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by HereComeTheIrish View Post
                                                                                            Happy Birthday, Young Sir... We Are ND. Slainte.
                                                                                            Thank you, Sir Mullet The Younger, even though you're a tad over a month late ...

Go Irish! Up The British Army!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              ... shouldn't it be, "Da Hammer of Grammar" or more simply, "Da Gramma Hamma".
                                                                                              Kinda like "Da Gramma Hamma" but worry that "Gramma" is most commonly a "cutified" form of grandmother.

Don't worry, nothing but non-reformation "holy water" for you. A truckload of vPoteen is on its way as I type.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                You silver spooned libs with your vbuck trust fund and money in Fiji.
                                                                                                Hell, a few vBillion more and I'll be able to vRetire with my vTrust Fund (plus my "hard earned" vBucks) in vFiji. A few crooked vBets should do it – I've got some vDirt on Señor McGibblets.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  In keeping with my intention to never start a thread, I will place this here – especially since I'm purported to be old enough to have been one of the founding fathers:

Git yer azzes in gear and vote tomorrow. I don't give a sh¡t which way you vote (not entirely true, but beside the point) just exercise your most fundamental right and "duty" as an American citizen.

Local issues matter as much as national issues. Stand up and be counted! ND nation and IE comrades, make me proud!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Happy B-Day

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X