Lebron vs. Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron vs. Jordan

Say something...anything...tell me a joke...post a pick up line...post a gif...or a video, just for the love of M&M's quit talking about political nonsense. And go!

Jordan

/end thread

Comment

This was way opposite of where I thought it was going.

Comment

Jordan, nobody compares and never will.

Comment

Lebron James....that name doesnt have a ring to it!

Comment

Originally posted by FLDomer View Post
            Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
              Jordan

/end thread
              This is literally exactly what I was going to post.

Comment

Originally posted by FLDomer View Post
                Funny, but only true for a few more hours...(or days).

Comment

I just wanted to read something that wasn't political!

Comment

If KD, Russ, and Harden got the same all star treatment that Lebron and Wade got the series would look a lot different right now.

Oh yea...

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron
                    "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

6>0
                      I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Kobe > LeBron??

Comment

Hate them both equally! Would rather watch Toddlers & Tiaras!!!

Comment

give me kobe over lbj

Comment

MJ was 27 when he won his first title, if the Heat don't choke Lebron will be 28.... Talk to me in 10 years when Lebron's career is over or close to it. And the Thunder's Big 3 absolutely gets star treatment if they choose to drive to the hole. Problem is they generally don't.

Comment

Correction, Lebron is 27

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGIA DOMER View Post
                                  Hate them both equally! Would rather watch Toddlers & Tiaras!!!
                                  Last time.... I swear.

Unless Grubl pisses me off again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/767s-BXxDlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by IrishJayhawk View Post
                                    Series isn't over, and Jordan is still by far 10 times the players prince james will ever be.

Believe me, just because it says I'm from ohio, thats just where I live, never been a Cavs fan so there's no grudge towards lebron for that. Just don't think he's in the same gym with Jordan, Byrd, Thomas or Magic. Lebron is down the road at the Junior High Gym still working on his jump shot.

Comment

Lebron is a much better facilitator than Jordan ever was. Furthermore, his physical gifts make him a better defender. His game is just different than Jordan's. We'll have to wait until his career is done to decide where he ranks.

Comment

The thing that makes me mad about Lebron is that whenever he wants he can attack the rim and if he doesn't score he gets to the line. Why I dislike this is because I have seen him numerous times at critical moments become a jump shooter, a deferer(is that a word?), or a spectator. I can and will not deny that he is the most physically gifted b-ball player I have ever seen, but he just doesn't seem to have the will to win to me. He's close now but I feel if any team can screw up a 3-1 series lead its the James led Heat.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeeND View Post
                                          The thing that makes me mad about Lebron is that whenever he wants he can attack the rim and if he doesn't score he gets to the line. Why I dislike this is because I have seen him numerous times at critical moments become a jump shooter, a deferer(is that a word?), or a spectator. I can and will not deny that he is the most physically gifted b-ball player I have ever seen, but he just doesn't seem to have the will to win to me. He's close now but I feel if any team can screw up a 3-1 series lead its the James led Heat.
                                          The reason he does this is simple. He is scared to death of missing free throws at the end of a game. If they are up or down by more than one possession he will continue to attack the rim. It is when it is a one possession game that he settles for the long jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post
                                            Lebron is a much better facilitator than Jordan ever was. Furthermore, his physical gifts make him a better defender. His game is just different than Jordan's. We'll have to wait until his career is done to decide where he ranks.
                                            You are absolutely crazy to say that LeBron is a better defender than Jordan. Jordan was voted 1st team defense 9 times and also won a NBA MVP AND Defensive POY in the same year.....Baller!

Comment

There is no comparrison I'm sorry, Jordan played in a much tougher time, no fault to Lebron, but the way him especially, and the heat wine up and down the court regarding fouls, they would have never survived in Jordan's era. Lebron may be very good at defense, but the defense that Jordan faced was by far and away a lot more difficult, and look at what he was capable of doing.

They barely allow hand-checking anymore on defense, the circle underneath the rim is basically a snake pit for any defender trying to take a charge anymore, he's going to get ran over and still get the blocking foul.

I agree with yankee, I'm not sure if Lebron is just that stupid or what is thought process is, if he would just drive to the whole every time he's going to get an and one opprotunity, or an easy layup and or dunk when the defense runs out of the way.

Comment

I'm guessing that you maybe of the younger generation Peth, and never really got to see Jordan in his prime....not even compareable

Comment

My point exactly, we have to wait and see what Lebron is going to do, at this point in Jordan's career, you already knew he was going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeybent19 View Post
                                                    I'm guessing that you maybe of the younger generation Peth, and never really got to see Jordan in his prime....not even compareable
                                                    Agreed, growing up in Chicago and going to Bulls game, you would know he was the most magnificent player, to ever play. Lebron is the only thing these young kids know of, they missed out on the GREATEST.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                      The reason he does this is simple. He is scared to death of missing free throws at the end of a game. If they are up or down by more than one possession he will continue to attack the rim. It is when it is a one possession game that he settles for the long jumper.
                                                      I agree, and Jordan never shied away from the final shot! Good stuff bro!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishJayhawk View Post
                                                        Unfortunately you are probably right but he still will be 5 shy from this conversation even worth having. Sorry Kissme but I nominate this for the Most Ridiculous Thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                          6>0
                                                          11>6>0

Bill Russell>Jordan>LeBron

Ergo:

1>0

Dilfer>Marino

Comment

Jordan, hands down. No one could grab the game by the balls and finish it. Lebrons first 7 years are a lot of "Meh". Once he is coronated tonight we'll see.

I can't stand the NBA on so many levels. The fact that travelling is no longer a rule. The fact that if you are a star you can bury your shoulder and fullback down the lane. The foul differential in Miami vs any other team. Dave Stern.

Comment

you also have to remember that back in the day Zones were basically illegal in the NBA... not true any more. LBJ hit 2 FTs to win/ice one game this series, hits the go ahead 3 on a bad leg, carries Miami while Boshless... let's see how his game develops.

Comment

Originally posted by k1ssme1m1r1sh View Post
                                                                I just wanted to read something that wasn't political!
                                                                Me too, and then I read your post talking about politics. Nice bait and switch.

Jordan, not even close. Lebron needs Mydol for his cramps. Boom.

And Jordan is a successful businessman to boot. I place a higher probability on Lebron ending up bankrupt someday. Reps from Nike and a long list of other companies. Wonder which way he votes? (Free game since you opened it up, yo.)

Comment

Lebron is a higher character guy than Jordan, who sucks at managing the bobcats (just hired an assistant from St. Johns). Lebron's articulate, helps out the community and has publicly stated he wants to be worth a billion. I doubt he pisses it a way.

Jordan was the greatest at basketball, but not too great at the game of life.

Comment

Lebron is a higher character guy than Jordan, who sucks at managing the bobcats (just hired an assistant from St. Johns). Lebron's articulate, helps out the community and has publicly stated he wants to be worth a billion. I doubt he pisses it a way.

Jordan was the greatest at basketball, but not too great at the game of life.
                                                                    Really?? At work now and dont have the time argue this....Please someone please

Comment

MJ was 27 when he won his first title, if the Heat don't choke Lebron will be 28.... Talk to me in 10 years when Lebron's career is over or close to it. And the Thunder's Big 3 absolutely gets star treatment if they choose to drive to the hole. Problem is they generally don't.
                                                                      Correction, Lebron is 27
                                                                      I think this is an important point. LeBron could easily have 6 titles by the time it's all said and done. He can do most or all of the things Jordan could do athletically, but he is much bigger and stronger (I mean LeBron is strong enough to check half the 4s in the league ... never was true of Jordan) and a better passer. What makes Jordan the greatest ever is his killer instinct, the ability to seemingly will victories to happen. LeBron hasn't shown us that he has that, but Jordan hadn't either until he was 27. So as far as I'm concerned there is no way to answer this question yet.

Comment

The FUTURE: Forbes TOP 15 Wealthiest Black Americans

Wish I could suck as bad as him at life.

As far as earnings:
                                                                        Top Earners in NBA History: 54 Players Who Have Made More Than Michael Jordan | Bleacher Report

MJ made about $90 million of salary over his career. James has already earned slightly more salary ($91 or $92 million to date). If James plays ten more years it is easy to imagine his total salary will be about three times more than MJ.

Comment

Jordan. He had face Ewing and the Knicks every year in the East, had to face Reggie Miller every year in the East. Hakeem and Karl Malone were waiting for the Bulls out West. Jordan changed the way athletes were viewed and will be viewed. Absolutely took a sports crazy city and put it on his shoulders. Miami is the worst sports town in America (not LBJ's fault totally) and they will hoot and holler for the next month if the Heat win but then go back to South Beach and it's clubs. It's Jordan.

Comment

Jordan had a 160 some million dollar divorce, gambling problems, rumored alcohol problems, and is running the Bobcats into the ground. Then there's his HOF speech, and his (not so) winning personality.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              And Lebron has to contend with Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Kobe, the Spurs organization, the Celtics (a few years ago when they were younger.) Don't knock today's talent. It's not a cakewalk. Plus, from a moneyball perspective, the rest of the team is weaker than say the Thunder minus Durant. Outside of Wade and Bosh the overall talent is weaker and the rotation is smaller.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Scottie Pippen is no Dwayne Wade. Some other "greats" that started side by side with Jordan. John Paxton (Go Irish), Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, Steve Kerr, Bill Cartwright (I mean, seriously), a host of other pathetic centers (I remember the three headed monster but not their names), need I go on? MJ made his supporting cast better, not that Lebron doesn't but his supporting cast is starting from a much higher bar than MJs ever was.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                                                                                  I think this is an important point. LeBron could easily have 6 titles by the time it's all said and done. He can do most or all of the things Jordan could do athletically, but he is much bigger and stronger (I mean LeBron is strong enough to check half the 4s in the league ... never was true of Jordan) and a better passer. What makes Jordan the greatest ever is his killer instinct, the ability to seemingly will victories to happen. LeBron hasn't shown us that he has that, but Jordan hadn't either until he was 27. So as far as I'm concerned there is no way to answer this question yet.
                                                                                  agree MJ is the greatest competitor I've ever seen in ANY sport.

The Best Michael Jordan Tribute - must watch! - YouTube

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Jordan is also just an all around a$$hole. But that's why he is the greatest that ever played. Has that killer in him.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      And Lebron has to contend with Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Kobe, the Spurs organization, the Celtics (a few years ago when they were younger.) Don't knock today's talent. It's not a cakewalk. Plus, from a moneyball perspective, the rest of the team is weaker than say the Thunder minus Durant. Outside of Wade and Bosh the overall talent is weaker and the rotation is smaller.
                                                                                      Outside of Pippen, who really did Jordan have?? Longley, Armstrong, Kerr, Paxson (ND Grad baby)....really Jordan had no more than LB and LB argually has more help.
                                                                                      Also at the time they played a purer* sport that wasnt layden with the flops and bitch out plays of today (minus Reggie Miller).
                                                                                      Last edited by FLDomer; 06-21-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        MJ. Lebron not even in the conversation yet. Kobe is the closest to MJ. Lebron has a long way to go to get to Kobe.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          my point is due to salary cap issues the other 5 guys in the rotation are worse (paid less as a % of cap space) than pretty much any team out there (besides maybe the whole Charlotte Bobcats organization). They're the guys you don't remember but actually win you a lot of games. And yes, Lebron makes everyone around him better. He's why Battier gets open 3s, Wade and Chalmers get the ball in perfect spots to score, etc.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            my point is due to salary cap issues the other 5 guys in the rotation are worse (paid less as a % of cap space) than pretty much any team out there (besides maybe the whole Charlotte Bobcats organization). They're the guys you don't remember but actually win you a lot of games. And yes, Lebron makes everyone around him better. He's why Battier gets open 3s, Wade and Chalmers get the ball in perfect spots to score, etc.
                                                                                            Same is said for Jordan, do you think people would even know who John Paxson, BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr, or Luke Longley if it wasnt for Jordan.... Lebron is good/great no doubt but greater than Jordan.....thats yet to be determined but as of now, nope.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Irish Houstonian View Post
                                                                                              11>6>0

Bill Russell>Jordan>LeBron

Ergo:

1>0

Dilfer>Marino
                                                                                              You can't compare basketball and football. No sport is more dependent on one player than basketball, and no sport is less dependent on one player than football. In basketball, there is at least some merit to judging "all-time greats" on the number of championships they won; in football there is no merit.

The reasons I dislike Lebron have nothing to do with his end-game performances or the way he left Cleveland. Those are nice things to bolster my dislike for him, but I have never liked him for two reasons:

First, from a basketball standpoint, I don't like watching him play. I equate rooting for Lebron to someone rooting for me in a game with 9 seventh graders on an eight foot basket. He's so much bigger and stronger and more athletic than anyone else that the game of basketball is different for him than for guys like Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Iverson, etc. Those guys were gifted athletes, obviously, but they relied so much more on skill, coordination and imagination than Lebron does. He can put his head down and force his way to the basket anytime he wants, like a tank. So guys play off him, and he uses the space to knock down a good percentage of stationary jumpers and find good passing lanes to hit his teammates. This isn't his fault, obviously, but it doesn't make me want to root for him.

Second, from a personal standpoint, I think the guy is a complete fraud and a phony. I find him disingenuous, falsely modest, entitled, coddled, ignorant, tone deaf and more of a corporate construction than a human being.

And again, I recognize that this is just my opinion and I don't begrudge someone that has a different opinion than mine, but I feel the way I feel about it. And I also recognize that whatever I may think of him, one thing that he is that I'm not is insanely wealthy, so there's that. But I root hard against the guy because I don't like him.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by SBjandy7 View Post
                                                                                                Jordan. He had face Ewing and the Knicks every year in the East, had to face Reggie Miller every year in the East. Hakeem and Karl Malone were waiting for the Bulls out West. Jordan changed the way athletes were viewed and will be viewed. Absolutely took a sports crazy city and put it on his shoulders. Miami is the worst sports town in America (not LBJ's fault totally) and they will hoot and holler for the next month if the Heat win but then go back to South Beach and it's clubs. It's Jordan.
                                                                                                Do not forget the Pistons, who instead of joining them, waited, and then beat the **** out of them. Lebron who would have tried to join the team if he was in Jordan's shoes.
                                                                                                Can you read this? Miami can't.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by polishjuice4 View Post
                                                                                                  Do not forget the Pistons, who instead of joining them, waited, and then beat the **** out of them. Lebron who have tried to join the team if he was in Jordan's shoes.
                                                                                                  Excellent Point! Reps

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    LeBron James Best Assists of All Time - YouTube

this is why he's fun to watch. Also don't forget Phil Jackson>>>>Spoelstra.

The reason I don't like these conversations is because it minimizes the team aspect of bball. The NBA too often devolves into 1 on 1 garbage, but these finals have been a pleasant surprise. Hopefully Lebron Durant causes an increase in interest in the NBA. Gonna be a fun decade.

And to your point, Wade is my favorite player to watch, but Lebron is obviously better than Wade right now.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X