• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy National Bourbon Day!

Post your celebration libation of choice. Here's mine:

Sorry im a rum man.

Comment

nice... I was once a member of the Marker's Mark Society... or still am and just don't keep up with it...
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JadeBrecks View Post
        Sorry im a rum man.
        Serious question(s):

1. Do/can people drink rum neat/straight?

2. What kind of rum do serious "rum drinkers" drink? I know my college roommate used to throw down a handle of Captain and two 2-liter cokes on a Friday night. He also put hot dogs in his mac & cheese, though, so I don't consider him "serious."

Comment

I was wondering where to put this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/46kWMDQF2vA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The story is good and the song apropos. I prefer George Dickel though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
              Serious question(s):

1. Do/can people drink rum neat/straight?

2. What kind of rum do serious "rum drinkers" drink? I know my college roommate used to throw down a handle of Captain and two 2-liter cokes on a Friday night. He also put hot dogs in his mac & cheese, though, so I don't consider him "serious."
              Answer 1. I could drink high end spice rum straight. I am not rich therefore I can't buy the nice stuff often.

Answer 2. When I need to go cheep I buy Captain. When I get what I like (still cheap) I get Sailor Jerrys.

Extra. I don't know what classifies one as a "serious rum drinker". I do not smell my rum before I drink it nor do I extend my pinky when I drink it but I do enjoy savoring it when I drink it.

Comment

Answer 1. I could drink high end spice rum straight. I am not rich therefore I can't buy the nice stuff often.

Answer 2. When I need to go cheep I buy Captain. When I get what I like (still cheap) I get Sailor Jerrys.

Extra. I don't know what classifies one as a "serious rum drinker". I do not smell my rum before I drink it nor do I extend my pinky when I drink it but I do enjoy savoring it when I drink it.
                I guess what I meant by serious is whether you could tell a good run from a bad one with a blindfold on.

Bonus question: if you walked into a liquor store and were told you could take one bottle of rum without paying for it, what kind of rum would you get?

Comment

I guess what I meant by serious is whether you could tell a good run from a bad one with a blindfold on.

Bonus question: if you walked into a liquor store and were told you could take one bottle of rum without paying for it, what kind of rum would you get?
                  I don't know what "good rum" is verse bad rum but if you put my rums I drink on the table with no labels I could tell you what was what.

Like I said I don't get to drink a lot of high end rum but I did get the chance to drink Captain Morgan Rum Private Stock and that was good. If you let me walk in and I went with what I knew was good that would be my pick. If I had a no price pick I would find the expensive stuff and try it. I don't think I am what you would consider a "serious rum drinker". I know what I like in spiced rum and I enjoy it. That is about all I can say.

Comment

When I think bourbon I think this.

Cheap and disgusting. But it'll get you drunk at a house party!

It's always there if you're short on cash ;)

Comment

My favorite bourbon: Blanton's. It's an amber seductress.
                      Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Classic Irish View Post
                        Love Blanton's. It and Bookers are my favorite everyday bourbons. Also always been partial to Basil Hayden's.

Comment

I don't know what "good rum" is verse bad rum but if you put my rums I drink on the table with no labels I could tell you what was what.

Like I said I don't get to drink a lot of high end rum but I did get the chance to drink Captain Morgan Rum Private Stock and that was good. If you let me walk in and I went with what I knew was good that would be my pick. If I had a no price pick I would find the expensive stuff and try it. I don't think I am what you would consider a "serious rum drinker". I know what I like in spiced rum and I enjoy it. That is about all I can say.
                          Well played.

Comment

Frogs have pinkys?

Comment

Beer. (Bud Light is my favorite, I don't care about others opinions)

Martini. (Skyy, Grey Goose or Kettle one are fine with me)

Margarita. (I like mine to be more like a tequila martini) If you are ever in Denver go to The Rio....great margarita.
                              Last edited by BobD; 06-14-2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

My 82 year old grandmother drinks this with Mountain Dew.

Comment

@ Rack Em: Bulleit is a great value Rye. Makes one helluvan Old Fashioned.

Cruzan Single Barrel. Sippin' rum, and at ~$30/ bottle, is a lot more affordable than many whiskeys.

My go-to bourbons are: (1) Buffalo Trace; (2) 1792 Ridgemont Reserve; and (3) Blanton's.

The Buffalo Trace Distillery produces some amazing stuff.

Comment

While this isn't my picture this is the best bottle I am having tonight.

Comment

Also a glass or two of this whisky.

Comment

For every day bourbons, I like Elijah Craig 12yo and Kirkland Signature small batch bourbon. Also Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit is very good. For high end bourbon, George T Stagg and Willaim Larue Weller from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, Pappy Van Winkle 12yo, 15yo, 20yo or 23yo. Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit or American Tradition. I also love the Parkers Heritage Golden Anniversarry, which is damn tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                          @ Rack Em: Bulleit is a great value Rye. Makes one helluvan Old Fashioned.

Cruzan Single Barrel. Sippin' rum, and at ~$30/ bottle, is a lot more affordable than many whiskeys.

My go-to bourbons are: (1) Buffalo Trace; (2) 1792 Ridgemont Reserve; and (3) Blanton's.

The Buffalo Trace Distillery produces some amazing stuff.
                                          Yup. Eagle Rare is excellent, too.

Comment

Boy, you nailed it there. I keep a bottle of Blanton's in house at all times.
                                            Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                                              Frogs have pinkys?
                                              Dude I am just one big bundle of amazing surprises.

Comment

Yes. Mine too. Without a doubt. I also keep one in the house at all times. A close second is Woodford .

Comment

Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                                  When I think bourbon I think this.

Cheap and disgusting. But it'll get you drunk at a house party!

It's always there if you're short on cash ;)
                                                  You sir have offended most of Kentucky and 1/3 of the whiskey drinking population. You should be ashamed of yourself

Comment

Blantons is my top bourbon choice, but Bulleit offers great value for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Irish View Post
                                                      Blantons is my top bourbon choice, but Bulleit offers great value for the money.
                                                      Bulleit is the reason why I don't remember the first half of USC-ND my senior year (in 2010). Pictures surfaced of me in the rain, shirtless, and sitting on my friend's shoulders.

And we were in the stadium.

Comment

I'm a scotch guy.... MacAllan 18 or 25 (when I wanna spend the money)

But 18 or older. Call me an elitist, but there is a huge difference my friends. I'll never go back.

As for beer, right now during the Texas summers, it's Summer Shandy by Leinkugel or Dos Equis. On a normal day? It's either Harp or Abita (Mardi gras bock or Jac)

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                        Working...
                                                        X