Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @GBDomer

New thread to not gonna junk up Jaylon's:

1. I'm sure you gone over this before, but if USC is your dream school than how'd you end up an ND fan?

2. I've been to USC a couple times. My best friend from HS went there so I'd go visit him. IMO, I don't understand what could ever make you fall "in love" with that place. The campus is OK, surrounding area kinda sucks. Just nothing at all to write home about. Did have a LOT of fun though... just saying, it wouldn't even scratch my top 20 prettiest campuses. What was it at USC that you liked so much? Also, ever been to Stanford?

3. Did you know USC had a record number of kids turn them down this year? They had so many admitted students turn them down that they let in everyone from the wait list and then had to start letting in people they originally straight rejected to fill enrollment. This info comes courtesy of NDinLA on ISD... I think. So if you want to transfer in, I'd say now is as good of a time as any.

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    New thread to not gonna junk up Jaylon's:

1. I'm sure you gone over this before, but if USC is your dream school than how'd you end up an ND fan? You won't meet a bigger ND fans than most of my family. At my grandpas funeral they played Notre Dame our mother. Lou Holtz wrote him a letter after he had a stroke about 17 years ago. Its just in my blood like its in most posters on here.

2. I've been to USC a couple times. My best friend from HS went there so I'd go visit him. IMO, I don't understand what could ever make you fall "in love" with that place. The campus is OK, surrounding area kinda sucks. Just nothing at all to write home about. Did have a LOT of fun though... just saying, it wouldn't even scratch my top 20 prettiest campuses. What was it at USC that you liked so much? Also, ever been to Stanford?

3. Did you know USC had a record number of kids turn them down this year? They had so many admitted students turn them down that they let in everyone from the wait list and then had to start letting in people they originally straight rejected to fill enrollment. This info comes courtesy of NDinLA on ISD... I think. So if you want to transfer in, I'd say now is as good of a time as any.
    1. MY grandpa went to Notre Dame and my dad has had season tickets since the 80's. Most of my grandma lives on the West Coast so there a lot of Oregon and USC fans.
    2. My mom has always told me to be different. I just feel like I fit out there really well. I love the Midwest but I want to go to the beach and live that lifestyle. I think its more of the fact that I love LA. I really do like UCLA also. I want to major in sports marketing. My goal one day is to work for the NFL. I am sports junkie always have been. So while most kids grew up watching cartoons I had sports center on. I feel LA would set me up a lot better than Green Bay would. There are a lot of people in my major so looking for ways to stand out a little bit. I prob wont get into USC but I do want to move out to California and go to school out there. There are more opportunities there than there are in Green Bay for me.
    3. I'll take what you said into consideration i am just one of those people who never gave up on my dreams. I grew up with a learning disability always have struggled with test. And i am not making excuses but when i write long rants I understand sometimes they don't make sense. My dad has dyslexia and he is one of the most successful people I know. So is basically me just wanting to live out a dream and wake up and look at a beach instead of a forest. BTW i have never been to Stanford but I have seen photos. I would never get into Stanford.

Comment

Feel free ask away. Terry Tate has his own thread I feel like I should too!

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
        1. MY grandpa went to Notre Dame and my dad has had season tickets since the 80's. Most of my grandma lives on the West Coast so there a lot of Oregon and USC fans.
        2. My mom has always told me to be different. I just feel like I fit out there really well. I love the Midwest but I want to go to the beach and live that lifestyle. I think its more of the fact that I love LA. I really do like UCLA also. I want to major in sports marketing. My goal one day is to work for the NFL. I am sports junkie always have been. So while most kids grew up watching cartoons I had sports center on. I feel LA would set me up a lot better than Green Bay would. There are a lot of people in my major so looking for ways to stand out a little bit. I prob wont get into USC but I do want to move out to California and go to school out there. There are more opportunities there than there are in Green Bay for me.
        3. I'll take what you said into consideration i am just one of those people who never gave up on my dreams. I grew up with a learning disability always have struggled with test. And i am not making excuses but when i write long rants I understand sometimes they don't make sense. My dad has dyslexia and he is one of the most successful people I know. So is basically me just wanting to live out a dream and wake up and look at a beach instead of a forest. BTW i have never been to Stanford but I have seen photos. I would never get into Stanford.
        USC is NOT a top 20 campus for sure. School is in the middle of the ghetto. Never feel safe when I go there. Not a good place.

Comment

No ****; when I saw this I thought you were one of them there famous guys on tha twitter!

Comment

Maybe listen to Welcome to the Jungle a couple of times first. The entertainment related industries can be brutal in terms of breaking in there. Everyone I know that works in either the film, radio or music biz in LA got their job because they were a friend of someone in a position of power. I love the area in general though and living there was pretty great. Best of luck.

Comment

Yeah man, reps for keeping up the dream. I have a good friend who tried to work in Chicago after he graduated in marketing and advertising but knew he wanted to be in LA so he just picked up and moved to San Diego. He loves it and doesn't regret it in the least. Best of luck to you bro.

Comment

That all makes perfect sense 100% crystal clear sense.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=_yYDzLUH1NE&start=103&end=116&ci d=391745"></param><embed src="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=_yYDzLUH1NE&start=103&end=116&ci d=391745" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                Last edited by IrishLax; 06-05-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I'll be watching this thread....

Originally posted by koonja
                  I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Also:

1. Keep chasing the dream. I still keep up a freelance gig doing sports writing just because I enjoy it so much... but didn't have the balls to pursue it full time. Engineering was a much safer pay check. Definitely a part of me that regrets not chasing it.

2. I love the west coast. Had never visited until I went to LA for a USC game/to visit my friend. Now I've been back at least once a year and spent a couple months on a project in San Diego. So I feel you on that. IMO, it goes San Diego > Bay Area > LA. I just took a trip to San Fran/Stanford/win country last month and it was the best... I have a lot of east coast/midwest friends that live out there now and not one regrets it.

Comment

If I was from Wisconsin I would want to go to LA too! haha jk

^ I agree with the San Diego thing, have been to LA & San Diego
                      “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Also:

1. Keep chasing the dream. I still keep up a freelance gig doing sports writing just because I enjoy it so much... but didn't have the balls to pursue it full time. Engineering was a much safer pay check. Definitely a part of me that regrets not chasing it.

2. I love the west coast. Had never visited until I went to LA for a USC game/to visit my friend. Now I've been back at least once a year and spent a couple months on a project in San Diego. So I feel you on that. IMO, it goes San Diego > Bay Area > LA. I just took a trip to San Fran/Stanford/win country last month and it was the best... I have a lot of east coast/midwest friends that live out there now and not one regrets it.
                        Win country sounds nice. Maybe Kelly & co should go there to do some shopping, maybe pick up a good deal on a win or 2. Maybe in the BCS neighborhood of the country?
                        Last edited by peoriairish; 06-17-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Damn, I thought this thread was announcing GB's joining of twitter.

Comment

LA is not really the glamorous place that tv portrays. There are a few nice places surrounded by shiitholes. It's also the dirtiest place I've ever been. That being said, GB doesn't owe us an answer to anything. This could have easily been answered in a pm. I feel like this thread is an attempt to put him on blast which is undeserved. Don't get it...
                            60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                              LA is not really the glamorous place that tv portrays. There are a few nice places surrounded by shiitholes. It's also the dirtiest place I've ever been. That being said, GB doesn't owe us an answer to anything. This could have easily been answered in a pm. I feel like this thread is an attempt to put him on blast which is undeserved. Don't get it...
                              Well then you either:

1. Haven't read the posts.

or

2. Fail at reading comprehension.

Comment

No one here is blasting him. I kinda think it's useful because I can't even count the number of times I have seen people ask him in random threads why he has SC under his avi (I was one) in other recruits threads. As an ND board, it's an honest question as they are our bitter rivals. This just gets it out in the air and now we all know. Everyone here has been nothing but supportive of his reasoning.

Comment

Nuke these are my guys. No one is blasting me and it's a fair question.

Comment

I have been asked about the []_[] logo multiple times as well, getting out the reasons in a separate thread pleases the mods
                                    Last edited by STLDomer; 06-05-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                      If I was from Wisconsin I would want to go to LA too! haha jk

^ I agree with the San Diego thing, have been to LA & San Diego
                                      Dogma:

Bethany: Were they sent to Hell?
                                      Metatron: Worse. Wisconsin. For the entire span of human history.
                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

The campus is OK, surrounding area kinda sucks. Just nothing at all to write home about.
                                        thats putting it very nicely; the surrounding area is a war zone, its the original concrete jungle. Its literally South Central LA, its the reason the Raiders only had 2 or 3 monday night home games the entire time they were in LA. The NFL did not want 90k+ ppl walking around South Central after 9pm.

You may have read about a recent shooting of Chinese exchange students as they were sitting in their car. thats South Central.
                                        2 Chinese students shot, killed near USC campus - USATODAY.com

"Plus, Nobody I know got killed in South Central LA, today it was a good day." - Ice Cube

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QmuglaIe9EI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"You say the strong survive? sh*t, the strong even die, in south central." - Lyrics from 'How to survive in South Central'
                                        Last edited by TDHeysus; 06-05-2012, 08:22 PM.
                                        YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                        Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

No issues here with GB wanting to go to USC as his dream school. Nothing wrong with liking an area, a school, an education, etc. While I hate USC football, I care about somebody receiving their education at USC as much as I care if they received it at an Ivy League school or an online school or a community college. Makes you no more or less the person you are trying to become and aspire to be.

GB, you do what you need to do no matter where it takes place. Your love for ND is documented and unquestioned here. Don't stop until you are satisfied. Take it from someone who is living with some second thoughts on decisions I have made in life, go get yours. Simple enough.

Comment

I think buster asked this in Another thread but what happens to your allegiances if you get into USC? I'm a firm believer in rooting for your alma mater no matter what our rooting interest was before that

Comment

GB:

Keep on keepin' on. Many (to this day) friends and family shake their heads over my choice to move to Minneapolis from Miami in 1979. Many think I'm a fokking crazy person to stay here and sing it's praises.

The bitter cold in winter and (though brief) oppressive heat and humidity in summer are part of the charm and draw for me. A little change and a bit of challenge make for a lot of potential positives.

My drive and wanderlust have mellowed a tad over the years. I recommend that you feed and stoke the fire while the sun do shine. In spite of the smog in L.A.

Should you come to prefer USC over ND in football ... you'll be dead to me.

Comment

I could never root for USC football. Where all brothers here we ride together we die together.

Comment

I have a confession to make....

My step brother went to Michigan....

For his bachelors and his graduate degree.....

The shame....
                                                  Last edited by woolybug25; 06-05-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I could never root for USC football. Where all brothers here we ride together we die together.
                                                    Word. Nuff said.

Comment

Bad boys for life?

Comment

Bad boys for life?
                                                        Last edited by peoriairish; 06-05-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

In high school I had a really good friend who told me he was considering going to USC........ I have no clue what happened to him though as that was the last time we ever spoke.

;)
                                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Where does the rest of her live?

Just playing man. I was born in sunny San Diego and my mom thought it better I grow up in small town Indiana. Thankfully, like you, my grandpa had season tickets to ND sports since he had returned from the war. I visit Cali once a year and suggest that you go to San Diego State instead. City is more beautiful and will still provide you with the atmosphere you seek. LA is also a couple hours drive away if you want to visit. It also actually has a NFL team unlike the city of angels. Just a thought for someone who wants to work in the league.

Hope your grandma gets it together soon ;)
                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                                Who's this Snoop Dogg looking motha ****a?

Comment

Interesting GB...USC is your dream school, so if you had your choice you would go there over ND...My dream school has always been and will always be ND. I went to UCONN and enjoyed my time there, but ND is just the holy grail for me.

Comment

TRUTH.

Get after it, GB. I wanted to quit law school approximately 156,765 times, but even I just graduated. Keep it up man.
                                                                    www.chicagosportstown.com

Comment

Bad Boys... such an under rated flick...

Comment

Nuke these are my guys. No one is blasting me and it's a fair question.
                                                                        You suck.

Comment

Originally posted by peoriairish View Post
                                                                          Who's this Snoop Dogg looking motha ****a?
                                                                          Not Snoop Dog.... Ludacris.

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                            Where does the rest of her live?

Just playing man. I was born in sunny San Diego and my mom thought it better I grow up in small town Indiana. Thankfully, like you, my grandpa had season tickets to ND sports since he had returned from the war. I visit Cali once a year and suggest that you go to San Diego State instead. City is more beautiful and will still provide you with the atmosphere you seek. LA is also a couple hours drive away if you want to visit. It also actually has a NFL team unlike the city of angels. Just a thought for someone who wants to work in the league.

Hope your grandma gets it together soon ;)
                                                                            What about University of San Diego? Will probably be the only West Coast school I apply to (not quite able for Stanford, would never go to USC)

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                              What about University of San Diego? Will probably be the only West Coast school I apply to (not quite able for Stanford, would never go to USC)
                                                                              I was just recommending sdsu as it seemed GB was interested in schools that have importance on athletics. You really can't go wrong with being in San Diego.
                                                                              Prehistoric

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by HereComeTheIrish View Post
                                                                                Not Snoop Dog.... Ludacris.
                                                                                Ouch, you're right. That's my bad guys... my bad.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  San diego be sweet. I am going west coast in September to check stuff out

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                                    You suck.
                                                                                    What's wrong homie pm me quick

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Just throwing it out there... Pepperdine?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        What's wrong homie pm me quick
                                                                                        I was kidding my man. I thought everyone knew I was an abrasive sarcastic ***

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                          Just throwing it out there... Pepperdine?
                                                                                          OMG I visited their campus...hands down the most beautiful campus I've ever seen. How can you beat a mountain top view of the ocean in Malibu!?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                                            I was kidding my man. I thought everyone knew I was an abrasive sarcastic ***
                                                                                            I am extremely sarcastic. So I hear ya. Pepperdine I have a buddy who goes there and raves about it

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              BTW I've visited Stanford. Another great campus!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                SDSU kind of sucks. UCSD is awesome. UC Irvine is pretty good too as far as academics. Actually any of the UC's are good as far as academics depending on what you're looking for. None of them save UCLA have football programs though. Cal State Channel Islands is in by far the most scenic area of all the LA area public four year colleges (closer to Ventura and Oxnard). Pepperdine is really nice. The Claremont colleges (private) are good too. Man there's like a million colleges in the LA area.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I am extremely sarcastic. So I hear ya. Pepperdine I have a buddy who goes there and raves about it
                                                                                                  UCLA and Pepperdine both have ridiculous campuses. UCLA's is absolutely gorgeous, and there are gorgeous women everywhere. Pepperdine in Malibu is literally across the PCH from the beach. Cali is the sh!t.
                                                                                                  www.chicagosportstown.com

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ChiRish View Post
                                                                                                    UCLA and Pepperdine both have ridiculous campuses. UCLA's is absolutely gorgeous, and there are gorgeous women everywhere. Pepperdine in Malibu is literally across the PCH from the beach. Cali is the sh!t.
                                                                                                    Cali is cool, but I'd rather live in NY or Chicago. It's more my scene, plus I like having 4 weather seasons.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X