This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Got a series x with nhl 22 and fifa 22 and picked up Metroid dread for good measure,… loving it thus far
    Yeah, you would get an X Box. Afraid to game with me, coward?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

Yeah, you would get an X Box. Afraid to game with me, coward?!
      Lol I’ve had a PlayStation for each of the previous three cycles,… will most likely get a ps5 eventually too. I don’t online game much regardless however
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Lol I’ve had a PlayStation for each of the previous three cycles,… will most likely get a ps5 eventually too. I don’t online game much regardless however
        I don't have a PS5 yet anyway, gonna wait till they're more readily available and maybe once the price drops. Gaming budget has taken a hit these days, I've gotta rational appropriately My damn PS4 is on the fritz too. Son decided to knock it off the TV stand and it hasn't been right since.

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...konami-report/

please be a throwback to the original story,… hopefully in a Breath of the Wild mode as you fight to the castle,… or even Metroid Dread which is great thus far
          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Got a series x with nhl 22 and fifa 22 and picked up Metroid dread for good measure,… loving it thus far
            What's your handle on Xbox? I was a PS4 guy, but Gamepass is such a ridiculous value that I couldn't stay away and got a Series X earlier this year.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

What's your handle on Xbox? I was a PS4 guy, but Gamepass is such a ridiculous value that I couldn't stay away and got a Series X earlier this year.
              I had to change it from my old 360 one,… I think it’s acamp1900 now, but I’ll confirm later tonight

Comment

• I've been playing PGA Tour 2K21 lately. Got it free with PS+ subscription for this month.

It's brutal at first, but man is it fun once you start to figure things out. It gives you some decent flexibility in adjusting the gameplay and difficulty to add to the challenge once you start to figure it out, too, so it doesn't get stale very quickly like other golf games I've played.

I wish it had more real-life courses, but I assume EA has a deal in place that prevents 2K from getting most of them. The offerings are decent, and their generic courses are pretty nice, so it's been fun. I'll finish another year or two of my career with the difficulty jacked up and then move on to online matches if the game is still scratching a golf itch.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                  I've been playing PGA Tour 2K21 lately. Got it free with PS+ subscription for this month.

It's brutal at first, but man is it fun once you start to figure things out. It gives you some decent flexibility in adjusting the gameplay and difficulty to add to the challenge once you start to figure it out, too, so it doesn't get stale very quickly like other golf games I've played.

I wish it had more real-life courses, but I assume EA has a deal in place that prevents 2K from getting most of them. The offerings are decent, and their generic courses are pretty nice, so it's been fun. I'll finish another year or two of my career with the difficulty jacked up and then move on to online matches if the game is still scratching a golf itch.
                  I haven't played a golf game since Tiger Woods '07 I think. The older Tiger games allowed you to challenge legends and win money for performance at various PGA events, and then you used the money to upgrade your character stats and enhance your clubs/gear/etc. At some point the newer gold titles stopped awarding you money though, which kind of sucked. Took some of the fun factor out of it.

How do you advance in this one? I think I got it too as part of PS+.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...konami-report/

please be a throwback to the original story,… hopefully in a Breath of the Wild mode as you fight to the castle,… or even Metroid Dread which is great thus far
                    Konami has a mixed track record with 3D titles in that franchise. I'd like to see them stick to 2D platformer, but I'd also rather see Koji Igarashi in charge again personally...not that it matters I guess since he's doing his own Castlevania knockoffs and they've been great.

Comment

acamp19006505

Comment

I haven't played a golf game since Tiger Woods '07 I think. The older Tiger games allowed you to challenge legends and win money for performance at various PGA events, and then you used the money to upgrade your character stats and enhance your clubs/gear/etc. At some point the newer gold titles stopped awarding you money though, which kind of sucked. Took some of the fun factor out of it.

How do you advance in this one? I think I got it too as part of PS+.
                        There is a 'leveling' system, but it unlocks clubs and cosmetic items, rather than attribute increases. You also get in-game credit that you can use to purchase the clubs and cosmetic gear as you progress. But the game is much more about consistency and controlling your shot, which means attributes getting jacked up would mess with the realistic simulation style they're going for.

So, rather than dumping a bunch of points into a 'Drive' stat and crushing 400-yard shots, you can buy a club that will take your max distance from 275 yards to 295 yards, but also cuts down on the swing-plane forgiveness, which has a true effect on your game. You have to swing the stick the same way every single time, or you're going to slice the shit out of the ball, just like real life. I like it.

Comment

There is a 'leveling' system, but it unlocks clubs and cosmetic items, rather than attribute increases. You also get in-game credit that you can use to purchase the clubs and cosmetic gear as you progress. But the game is much more about consistency and controlling your shot, which means attributes getting jacked up would mess with the realistic simulation style they're going for.

So, rather than dumping a bunch of points into a 'Drive' stat and crushing 400-yard shots, you can buy a club that will take your max distance from 275 yards to 295 yards, but also cuts down on the swing-plane forgiveness, which has a true effect on your game. You have to swing the stick the same way every single time, or you're going to slice the shit out of the ball, just like real life. I like it.
                          That was very true of the old games too. You had to develop consistency with the controller and your swing, you couldn't just survive off attributes. You had to fine tune your putting, although once or twice a match I think you could "cheat" a bit with Tiger Vision to sink a long ass putt you probably would have missed before. If you even edged a hair to the left or right when you went back with your swing it usually ended in a slice or hook. I don't know, when they took out the money making aspect of the Tour and using that to boost attributes I felt like a big part of the game was getting taken out. I don't know why, but I love games where I can tailor custom characters and skill points.

Comment

• Thus far FIFA has been great... idk if they changed the game engine or what but players feel much more human now. I see far less balls glued to players or super human goalies. Player movement seems more real etc. Pace has been reeled in too, fast players are still fast but you can't just run past guys anymore, which is good. I was playing with Werner yesterday and in 20 he could literally just run past guys... now with the ball not glued and physics being a bit more realistic sprinting toward a defender literally just gives the ball away. So far so good.

Comment

• Yeah defending in FIFA this year is a whole new deal... much harder... I may have to go to a 3 CB system. I have De Ligt and Škriniar and still have trouble making tackles or stops in my third.

Diving into NHL Be a Pro. It's a really fun career mode. They can still improve it but what's there now is super fun. I'm gonna deep dive it soon by trying to become either Buffalo's or Phoenix's Mario Lemieux (The guy that shows up and changes the whole franchise)... not sure which team just yet... prob Buffalo.

Metroid Dread is one of the better games of it's kind I've played in years... better than ritual of the night even.
                              Last edited by ACamp1900; 10-26-2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Metroid Dread is one of the better games of it's kind I've played in years... better than ritual of the night even.

Comment

• Metroid Dread is really fun imo... however I haven't played a Metroid since SNES so I'm also not comparing it to anything between then and now series wise.

Comment

• I'm just glad it looks like they've gone back to a 2D side-scroller. Metroid Prime was okay, I just didn't feel like it held a candle to Super Metroid.

Comment

• Currently replaying Super Metroid. Lost in Maridia...

Comment

• Originally posted by tussin View Post
                                        Currently replaying Super Metroid. Lost in Maridia...
                                        That was probably my least favorite area in that game. I'm not a big fan of water levels in general.

Comment

• Still having fun with Dread... last night I beat a boss on the first try for the first time (It usually takes like ten attempts to get a boss). I just obtained the double jump so i think I'm getting near the end if I were to push through... however once I get the ability to survive extreme cold I'm going map hunting as I'm sure I need to upgrade my missiles and health.

Very fun but also the most difficult game I've played in years. The only saving grace is every time you die you start right where you left off.... but you die,... a lot.

Comment

• Got a Switch. Only 2 games so far: Mario Party Superstars and Mario Kart

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                              Got a Switch. Only 2 games so far: Mario Party Superstars and Mario Kart
                                              I don't care for Mario Party in general, but you can't go wrong with MK.
                                              Breath of the Wild is pretty good, but still feels a bit over hyped.
                                              Smash Brothers is a lot of fun, we've had some great nights going head to head in the household. Love some of the cross overs they did like with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. I enjoy just playing through the solo modes too and unlocking new things.
                                              My kids and wife really enjoyed Animal Crossing, I hadn't played it previously. They probably played that more than any other game by a good margin. I played a bit, but mostly to game the system and create money sources for them, like importing a bunch of exotic fruit trees to sell produce from Other than that I had fun pitting my wife and kids against each other with island politics deciding who should stay and who should go among the NPCs.
                                              Luigi's Mansion is a decent puzzle solver, my 7 and 10 year old played it quite a bit before one of them left the game out and the puppy chewed it up. Thanks for the teeny, tiny game carts, Nintendo! I didn't really play it other than helping solve a few puzzles, but it doesn't seem much different from the original on Game Cube.
                                              They got Minecraft for Switch too, but tbh I consider any version of Minecraft that isn't PC to be insignificant. If you can't mod it, why bother?
                                              The only other game we have is Just Dance. Nobody plays it besides my daughter and her friends so if you've got preteens in your household they may enjoy that.

Comment

• Bloodstained and Metroid

Comment

• Does the switch have a game similar to the Wii sports game? With boxing, tennis.. ect?

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                    Does the switch have a game similar to the Wii sports game? With boxing, tennis.. ect?
                                                    It's a great system but it lacks the above... luckily I still have my Wii. The family and I were just playing Wii sports last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                      Does the switch have a game similar to the Wii sports game? With boxing, tennis.. ect?
                                                      Not all in one game. There is Mario golf (which is pretty great IMO), Mario tennis, I know there is a boxing game that came out on launch, there’s also Mario vs Sonic Olympics 2020 which has lots of mini games like archery, sprinting, rowing, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

Not all in one game. There is Mario golf (which is pretty great IMO), Mario tennis, I know there is a boxing game that came out on launch, there’s also Mario vs Sonic Olympics 2020 which has lots of mini games like archery, sprinting, rowing, etc.
                                                        Forgot about Mario Tennis,... I have it and enjoy it but much prefer the regular controls to motion... that game can be actually quite challenging and motion controls make it almost impossible.

Comment

Forgot about Mario Tennis,... I have it and enjoy it but much prefer the regular controls to motion... that game can be actually quite challenging and motion controls make it almost impossible.
                                                          I don’t have tennis but I don’t use the motion controls on the golf game for similar reasons.

Comment

• I picked up Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition several months ago and finally got around to replaying it. Loved that game back in the day, used to play a lot of online servers too. One of my favorites was an entire server module someone made years ago that recreated the maps, dungeons, bosses, and pathing of Final Fantasy IV's story.

I honestly can't tell much of a difference between the Enhanced version and the original, but it's still a damn good game. The original campaigns still hold up pretty well, especially the main campaign and Hordes of the Underdark. Shadows of Undrentide is okay, it's a bit short and can be skipped, but it's still worth one playthrough. I still enjoy playing around with different class combinations with these games, role playing different moral alignments, making different choices and taking different companions, etc.

The one beef I've ever had with NWN was the main campaign's loot. There is just so, so many chests, creates, boxes and it seems like every damn one of them is locked You'll lockpick the container or bash it open, only to find 3 gold inside. I mean...is someone really going to put 3 gold in a chest and lock it? Fortunately they got away from this in SoU and HofU. There's a lot fewer loot containers, and it seems like the only ones that are locked are the ones with good loot. I swear, in the original campaign I spent half my time just bashing open chests.

Overall I think I spent less than $10 on a sale getting the Enhanced version. Even though I have the discs it's nice having an easily install copy via Steam that doesn't require all the work arounds needed to make the old NWN run on a Windows 7/10 machine. It's a great entry level game for anyone that has ever been interested in D&D. I have yet to play a campaign myself, I don't really know anyone that does it, but it opened me up to the world a bit and got me interested.

Comment

• I believe some journalism schools have tried to use never winter nights (or maybe it was morrowind? Or both?) To teach students about gathering information to write an article. Though I am not sure. Maybe it was just one random professor?
                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                I believe some journalism schools have tried to use never winter nights (or maybe it was morrowind? Or both?) To teach students about gathering information to write an article. Though I am not sure. Maybe it was just one random professor?
                                                                Both are very good games. It's been awhile since I've played Morrowind, but in both cases you tend to get a quest, follow clues and leads to where the problem lies, then solve the problem to complete the quest. That all of course can be said of any RPGs really, but I noticed that NWN does a good job of updating the Quest Log and describing everything that's happening and has happened leading up through the quest chain. From an information standpoint it's pretty thorough, probably one of the first RPGs to detail everything out like that as if you were reading a diary or journal. Morrowind may have had the same thing though, I need to revisit it again. Both NWN and Morrowind were actually released the same year.

Comment

Both are very good games. It's been awhile since I've played Morrowind, but in both cases you tend to get a quest, follow clues and leads to where the problem lies, then solve the problem to complete the quest. That all of course can be said of any RPGs really, but I noticed that NWN does a good job of updating the Quest Log and describing everything that's happening and has happened leading up through the quest chain. From an information standpoint it's pretty thorough, probably one of the first RPGs to detail everything out like that as if you were reading a diary or journal. Morrowind may have had the same thing though, I need to revisit it again. Both NWN and Morrowind were actually released the same year.
                                                                  I've beaten a game or two in my day... but beating Morrowind was the single most rewarding feeling I've felt in a video game.

That was back in the good ol' days where if your character couldn't defeat an enemy, you had to go back and level up. Nowadays, they adjust enemy difficulty based on player level.

That's garbage. It was also a rewarding game because it didn't give directions on the map. You had to review your journal to figure out where to go.

I beat that game in....2004? I was a 7th grader. So yes. 2004.
                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

I've beaten a game or two in my day... but beating Morrowind was the single most rewarding feeling I've felt in a video game.

That was back in the good ol' days where if your character couldn't defeat an enemy, you had to go back and level up. Nowadays, they adjust enemy difficulty based on player level.

That's garbage. It was also a rewarding game because it didn't give directions on the map. You had to review your journal to figure out where to go.

I beat that game in....2004? I was a 7th grader. So yes. 2004.
                                                                    This generation is soft, I tell ya! Get off my lawn!

But seriously, kids today are coddled too much.

Comment

• The GTA Trilogy remaster looks like absolute dog shit...

But I'm gonna spend the $60 on it anyway, because you can't put a price on nostalgia*!

*Narrator: you absolutely can, and $60 is probably too steep

Comment

• I'll prob pick it up if I can get a physical copy for the series X... not messing around with the switch or digital versions.

Comment

• https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...d-silent-hill/

With my luck it will be some Lords of Shadow reboot or follow the tone of the Netflix series rather than the original NES games. If it goes back to the basics there will be way to account for my hype.

Comment

The GTA Trilogy remaster looks like absolute dog shit...

But I'm gonna spend the $60 on it anyway, because you can't put a price on nostalgia*!

Get your Halo Infinite for a low low price of free!

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

Get your Halo Infinite for a low low price of free!
                                                                              I need an XBox for that kind of action, Cotton.

But reports are that it feels like playing Multiplayer in Halo 2/3, so I'm suddenly considering a Series S/X rather than the PS5 I was previously locked into... but God of War...

Comment

But reports are that it feels like playing Multiplayer in Halo 2/3, so I'm suddenly considering a Series S/X rather than the PS5 I was previously locked into... but God of War sucks anyway…
                                                                                Fixed,… just trying to help.

Comment

But reports are that it feels like playing Multiplayer in Halo 2/3, so I'm suddenly considering a Series S/X rather than the PS5 I was previously locked into... but God of War...
                                                                                  GoW2 is coming to ps4 just in case you weren't aware.

Comment

• Gamepass is honestly such an extraordinary bargain right now I have trouble justifying any other gaming system purchase than an Xbox.

Comment

Gamepass is honestly such an extraordinary bargain right now I have trouble justifying any other gaming system purchase than an Xbox.
                                                                                      My dumbass picked the series X because i thought I could play Age of Empires on it......... broken clock and all that.

Comment

The GTA Trilogy remaster looks like absolute dog shit...

Yeah, $60 sounds too steep given the absolute bombing it's receiving on Metacritic and the glitches. I'd wait till it's on sale or something. Some of these are hilarious.

Comment

Pretty sure I could still move around in Lockout with my eyes closed I played that map so much.

Comment

Fixed,… just trying to help.
                                                                                            I get that you disliked the button-mashing of the original series, but the 2018 reboot is truly an amazing game. You should play it, Aaron.

Comment

• Youngest and I beat nes Zelda about two years back,… today we start Breath of the wild,…

Comment

Youngest and I beat nes Zelda about two years back,… today we start Breath of the wild,…
                                                                                                My niece just started playing this on my switch. It’s the reason I bought a switch. Played maybe 4 hours of it before I gave up because the game felt so empty.
                                                                                                .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• Originally posted by phillyirish View Post

My niece just started playing this on my switch. It’s the reason I bought a switch. Played maybe 4 hours of it before I gave up because the game felt so empty.
                                                                                                  I’ll give it more time but this is how I feel thus far

Comment

• On a better note,… NHL’s Be a Pro mode is flawed and needs a feed more additions EA will surely never make but it’s still super fun. This and The Shows career mode are the most fun I’ve had since NCAA went away

Comment

Youngest and I beat nes Zelda about two years back,… today we start Breath of the wild,…
                                                                                                      This is good stuff. My daughter has been playing Breath of the Wild too, but hasn't touched the original.

Since she's been in Kindergarten I've been having her play through the old Squaresoft RPGs: first Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Easy reading), Final Fantasy IV, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VI, now Chrono Trigger. Early on it really helped with her reading, it became her summer reading project. If she develops a love of JRPGs in the process...bonus points.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X