I love good quotes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love good quotes!

I apologize in advance if theres a thread of quotes already, I looked and didn't find one.

I'm a quote person, you name it, sports, inspirational, motivational, funny, I like them. What about you? Do you have any to share?

I'll start with one of my all-time favorites:

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks, Bob

Originally posted by BobD View Post
    I apologize in advance if theres a thread of quotes already, I looked and didn't find one.

I'm a quote person, you name it, sports, inspirational, motivational, funny, I like them. What about you? Do you have any to share?

I'll start with one of my all-time favorites:

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks, Bob
    GREAT quote, and also my all-time favorite. Have considered getting this scripted on my chest over my heart...havent done it yet.

Comment

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink; when they wake up in the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day."

Frank Sinatra

Comment

"I serve with the memory and pride of those who have gone before me for they loved to fight, fought to win and would rather die than quit."

NSDQ!

Comment

"God created whiskey to keep the Irish from conquering the world."

Too lazy to look up attribution
          Last edited by Black Irish; 11-21-2011, 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

"There's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot." Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in "Magnum Force."
            Please, Mr. Bartender, listen here. I ain't here for trouble so have no fear. . .

Comment

"The pain of self discipline, is much less than the pain of regret."
              My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

"Never tell people your problems. 80 percent don't care and 20 percent are glad you have them."
                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

"Hello." - Various

Comment

"I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Song lyrics that I love from Mumford and Sons:

You must know life to see decay
                      Love, it will not betray you
                      Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
                      Be more like the man you were made to be
                      There is a design, an alignment, a cry
                      Of my heart to see,
                      The beauty of love as it was made to be
                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

"A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need advice."

Bill Cosby

Comment

"Sir, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee." - Nancy Astor

"And if I were your husband, I'd drink it." - Winston Churchill
                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

"I've found that prayers work best when you have big players." ~Knute Rockne

New signature v

Comment

If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing.

- Homer Simpson

Comment

"There's no greater sign of hard work and accomplishment than going to bed exhausted." - My spin off of something my old coach said.

Comment

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
                                  - Theodore Roosevelt

"I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."
                                  - Bob Seger

Here is a bonus quote, which seems to be apropos (although maybe it would be better in the NDNation thread):

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain; and most fools do.
                                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

"Behind every hot chick is a dude that's sick of her sh*t.."

A quote I reference whenever a friend is obsessing over a woman out of his league.

Comment

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
                                      H. L. Mencken

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.
                                      Douglas MacArthur

Comment

A bruise on the leg is a long way from the heart.- Herb Brooks, Miracle

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.- John Wayne

Be the type of person that when your feet touch the floor in the morning the devil says, "aww ****, they're up". - The Rock

Comment

"GO **** YOURSELF"- TO MANY TO LIST

Comment

"the trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine"
                                            - Abe Lincoln
                                            hehe

"Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work."
                                            -Vince Lombardi (My graduation quote)

Comment

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we pass, even the undertaker will be sorry."
                                              -Mark Twain

"Aiight den."
                                              -Karl Childers

Comment

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
                                                Shaquille O'Neal
                                                One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.
                                                Knute Rockne

Comment

Originally posted by KEGGLER719
                                                  "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

(nerdy- yes, yet so profound!)
                                                  It's silly and nonsensical, like a lot of Yoda's quotes.

Comment

"Why do today that which you can put off until tomorrow?" - Every procrastinator in the world. Me included.

Comment

It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.”
                                                      ― Lou Holtz

Comment

When all is said and done, more is said than done.”
                                                        ― Lou Holtz

Comment

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
                                                          ― Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDFan4Life View Post
                                                            "Why do today that which you can put off until tomorrow?" - Every procrastinator in the world. Me included.
                                                            Good quote, i got some other good procrastination quotes but i will put them on later

Comment

The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.”
                                                              ― Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianIrishFan306 View Post
                                                                Good quote, i got some other good procrastination quotes but i will put them on later
                                                                "Ba dum tss" - snare and cymbal
                                                                Last edited by BeauBenken; 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

"The only difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wedding...There is one less drunk at an Irish funeral."

--Unknown

Comment

Some people are educated far beyond their intelligence....source unk....unfortunately there's alot of these people out there....as we all know!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old North State Irish View Post
                                                                      "The only difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wedding...There is one less drunk at an Irish funeral."

--Unknown
                                                                      So true...

Comment

I'm a Trojan. And a douche. What's the difference? Nothing. - Lane Kiffin

Comment

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in...
                                                                          And you've got the stock market beat.
                                                                          But a man worthwhile, is a man who can smile,
                                                                          When his pants are too tight in the seat."

-Judge Elihu Smails

Comment

YABBA DABBA DOO! - Brady Hoke

WILMA! - Brady Hoke

Comment

• #39
                                                                              "You were great in bed last night."

- your mom
                                                                              sigpic

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                                                                                "You were great in bed last night."

- your mom
                                                                                I've had a sh!tload of hookers tell me that too though.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  "Sweet are the uses of adversity" -Shakespeare

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    A couple from my coach in high school:
                                                                                    (1st time I ever saw the field on varsity as a freshman in scrub time) "If you let anyone behind you I'm going to kick you right in the nuts."
                                                                                    (Another to me) "You might be the dumbest smart kid I know."
                                                                                    (And to our d-line) "If you get through the line and no one blocks you.... Turn the F*ck around. It's a screen, you aren't that good."

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                                      YABBA DABBA DOO! - Brady Hoke

WILMA! - Brady Hoke

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        “If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at fortty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          If I had to live my life again, Iíd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
                                                                                          Tallulah Bankhead, (Mrs BGIF's Great Aunt)

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                            Tallulah Bankhead, (Mrs BGIF's Great Aunt)
                                                                                            Wow! Tallulah was a fireball!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              May your glass be ever full.

May the roof over your head be always strong.

And may you be in heaven

a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead.
                                                                                              My favorite Irish blessing.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                "If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infantís life, she will choose to save the infantís life without even considering if there are men on base. "

-Dave Barry

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." ~Frank Zappa

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    "Wu-Tang is for the chldren"
                                                                                                    -Ol Dirty Bastard

"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
                                                                                                    -My favorite Econ professor at ND

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X