No announcement yet.

Thread of the Random

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Cosby getting out! Conviction overturned.
    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• How could they overturn the decision with all of those witnesses?

Comment

• Serious question. In situations like this, when a conviction is overturned, does the accused have a right to sue for wrongful verdict/incarceration?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
          How could they overturn the decision with all of those witnesses?
          I think he was only convicted of one rape that occurred with just him and the victim present.
          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• the court ruled that a deal he struck with a prosecutor to avoid prosecution in exchange for a deposition in a civil case had been improperly used against him, and that he should not have been charged in the criminal case.
            How does a prosecutor screw up like that?

Comment

• Driving into work I noticed the gas price on the Shell sign was changing back and forth. They are charging $.06 more for those that pay cash. Anyone else remember when they would charge you more if you used a card? Times are a changin'.

Comment

Driving into work I noticed the gas price on the Shell sign was changing back and forth. They are charging $.06 more for those that pay cash. Anyone else remember when they would charge you more if you used a card? Times are a changin'.
                covid tax?
                Prehistoric

Comment

• I'm watching the old '86 game between ND and Bama. You guys have Tim Brown and Steve Beuerlein, and we have Cornelius Bennett and Bobby Humphrey. Boy, the game's changed since those days. This was a defensive battle with a combined 7 first downs so far (I'm about half-way through the 2nd quarter).
                  Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                    I'm watching the old '86 game between ND and Bama. You guys have Tim Brown and Steve Beuerlein, and we have Cornelius Bennett and Bobby Humphrey. Boy, the game's changed since those days. This was a defensive battle with a combined 7 first downs so far (I'm about half-way through the 2nd quarter).
                    Some things never change though.... like Bama kids having sub-20 ACT's.

I kid. 80's/ early 90's ND makes no sense in my brain.
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

I wasn't going to bring it up, but since you did...

2020-21 Academic All-America® NCAA Division I Football Teams Announced - CoSIDA Conference (academicallamerica.com)

We're not ND or Harvard, but this is certainly something to be proud of. Dickerson is also 1st team this year and Mac is our third (along with Greg McElroy and Barrett Jones) Academic All America of the Year for football since Saban arrived.
                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

I'm watching the old '86 game between ND and Bama. You guys have Tim Brown and Steve Beuerlein, and we have Cornelius Bennett and Bobby Humphrey. Boy, the game's changed since those days. This was a defensive battle with a combined 7 first downs so far (I'm about half-way through the 2nd quarter).
                        What, again, was Paul "Bear" Bryant's lifetime record against Notre Dame?

Oh, and that '86 game? Do you have it back to back with the '87 game between the two?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

What, again, was Paul "Bear" Bryant's lifetime record against Notre Dame?

Oh, and that '86 game? Do you have it back to back with the '87 game between the two?
                          Wow. Are you really bothered by this? Bryant was winless against ND, but he wasn't coaching in this game, so why mention him? In my post I simply said I was watching a rerun of the game and mentioned a couple of famous players from both teams. Never even mentioned who won, let alone bragged or taunted about it. Lighten up.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

See I know you were kidding.

but about this, I am not kidding.

49. Arkansas
                            Number of people fully vaccinated: 1,055,646
                            Percentage of population fully vaccinated: 34.98

50. Mississippi
                            Number of people fully vaccinated: 997,569
                            Percentage of population fully vaccinated: 33.52

51. Alabama
                            Number of people fully vaccinated: 1,638,866
                            Percentage of population fully vaccinated: 33.42

These are the current vaccination rates from Becker as of this morning.

and that is a shame.

As well as being a matter of life and death.

Comment

Ol' Biscuit. Drafted by the Colts but didn't sign a contract. Ended up part of the three way trade that sent him to the Bills with the Colts getting HOF'er Eric Dickerson. Bennett did eventually end up in Indy for the last year or two of his career.

Comment

• I don't know how to start a thread - maybe a Tokyo Olympics thread would be interesting (much moreso than a WNBA thread)

Arike snubbed from Team USA and drops 26 on them to win MVP - Go IRISH. WNBA deserves no thread if they are going to play an All Star game opposite a NBA playoff game but apparently the Team USA selection process is very shitty and favorites with the older "stars".

Also the LSU chick - wtf are we testing weed for in athletes? It is not a performance enhancing drug?

Comment

• ND related, didn’t know this was an issue currently:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...me/7979550002/

It seems a little hypocritical to be a student at a Catholic university to begin with if you are going to take this stance, as a similar argument can be made when it comes to traditional Catholic teaching. Not saying it’s the right teaching, but you leave yourself open for easy criticism in this situation. Granted, it’s also only about 2% of the student population who signed the petition.
                                  Last edited by NDBoiler; 07-15-2021, 02:23 PM.
                                  I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                    ND related, didn’t know this was an issue currently:

It seems a little hypocritical to be a student at a Catholic university to begin with if you are going to take this stance, as a similar argument can be made when it comes to traditional Catholic teaching. Not saying it’s the right teaching, but you leave yourself open for easy criticism in this situation. Granted, it’s also only about 2% of the student population.
                                    No one would force them to eat there if they were on campus.

Comment

No one would force them to eat there if they were on campus.
                                      Exactly, and I guess my overall point is that it doesn’t seem to have been a well thought out decision to protest. More so just a “virtue signaling” event, “look at me, I’m protesting something”.
                                      I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                        ND related, didn’t know this was an issue currently:

It seems a little hypocritical to be a student at a Catholic university to begin with if you are going to take this stance, as a similar argument can be made when it comes to traditional Catholic teaching. Not saying it’s the right teaching, but you leave yourself open for easy criticism in this situation. Granted, it’s also only about 2% of the student population who signed the petition.
                                        Well, of the many hypocrisies embodied by the virulent Evangelical strain (and I meant MANY) is the nonchalance about multiple Marriages, divorce, remarriage, interstitial lwhoring, and more remarriage, intentionally looking the other way (John the Baptist, of course, did not) while coming unglued about civil unions.

There are people who READ Christ (I mean you can actually READ what Christ said!) who find this hypocrisy repugnant and blasphemous. And a lot of people who READ Christ have tossed out the OT and the self-absored, dysfunctional Paul. The junk in Christianity's trunk comes from Paul.

And then of course there is this:

THANK YOU FOR
                                        Doing so much to educate people regarding God’s law. I have learned a great deal from you and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can.

When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination—end of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s laws and how to follow them.
                                        1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?
                                        2. 2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 22:7. Ind this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
                                        3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24) The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
                                        4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor to the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them.?
                                        5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodusa 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
                                        6. 6. A Friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there degrees of abomination?
                                        7. .. Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20 or is there some wiggle room here?
                                        8. 8 Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27. How should they die?
                                        9. I know from Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
                                        10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend) He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their inlaws (Lev 20:14)?
                                        11. I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, and I am confident that you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging..

Comment

• Browner, you should stop damning St Paul lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

Well, of the many hypocrisies embodied by the virulent Evangelical strain (and I meant MANY) is the nonchalance about multiple Marriages, divorce, remarriage, interstitial lwhoring, and more remarriage, intentionally looking the other way (John the Baptist, of course, did not) while coming unglued about civil unions.

There are people who READ Christ (I mean you can actually READ what Christ said!) who find this hypocrisy repugnant and blasphemous. And a lot of people who READ Christ have tossed out the OT and the self-absored, dysfunctional Paul. The junk in Christianity's trunk comes from Paul.

And then of course there is this:

THANK YOU FOR
                                            Doing so much to educate people regarding God’s law. I have learned a great deal from you and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can.

When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination—end of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s laws and how to follow them.
                                            1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?
                                            2. 2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 22:7. Ind this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
                                            3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24) The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
                                            4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor to the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them.?
                                            5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodusa 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
                                            6. 6. A Friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there degrees of abomination?
                                            7. .. Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20 or is there some wiggle room here?
                                            8. 8 Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27. How should they die?
                                            9. I know from Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
                                            10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend) He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their inlaws (Lev 20:14)?
                                            11. I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, and I am confident that you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging..
                                            Isn't this a quote from Jed Bartlet on West Wing?

Comment

• So I just discovered the "Wendy" Theory as it relates to Kubrick's "The Shining" movie and I have to say it blew my mind.
                                              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Do you mind elaborating? I found a Youtube video, but my work has it blocked for Restricted Mode

Comment

• It’s basically that Wendy is really the prime motivator of the story and not Jack. It claims she is hallucinating much of the movie and the video you found is probably the same one I came across. It claims she hurt Danny and she murdered Jack due to her delusions. It claims that you can track her delusions or mixed realities using all of the misplaced furniture or changing sets of the hotel.
                                                  Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 07-19-2021, 12:15 PM.
                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

Isn't this a quote from Jed Bartlet on West Wing?
                                                    I never watched West Wing, but I originally got the text from a transcendent book by Garry Wills

"What Jesus Meant." Don't know if Bartlet picked it up from Wills. I'm pretty much agnostic on TV.

It is a tool I keep handy for fundamentalists and evangelicals.

I prefer to concentrate, as in CONCENTRATE, on the 89 chapters in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

and, FWIW, just for me, I am suspicious of would be "Christians" who never quote christ, but always cite the OT, Apocalypse and that epistle guy that zelezo has, sort of, asked me to leave alone.

Comment

• Chick-fil-A asking for help finding stolen delivery vehicle - al.com

Someone stole one of the cars from a Chick-fil-A in Huntsville, AL a few days ago. Some of the comments on FB are pretty good. "That's a ticket straight to hell for stealing the Lord's chicken wagon!" "Popeye's took things too far this time." "How you gonna just steal Jesus's chicken and not think you gonna get struck by lightning?"

Comment

• Someone call Sara Connor and tell her they're coming.

Comment

• Bet it does lousy in the three cone drill.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                          Working...
                                                          X