What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Anyone really surprised to learn wiz apparently knows what wearing women’s bathing suits feels like???
    Your mom and I are about the same size and m'lady likes me to try things on before I buy her special presents.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
      Your mom and I are about the same size and m'lady likes me to try things on before I buy her special presents.
      My mom isnít a big fattie,... tho I have no doubt your tits are the same size.
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

When your idea of a sick burn involves you trying on women’s underwear.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

My mom isnít a big fattie,... tho I have no doubt your tits are the same size.
          Can confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
            Can confirm.
            Wild Bill knows how big wizí tits are confirmed,...
            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• I stop at the Kroger near work to make a salad. I go to the self checkout which has six registers. Two are closed and another one is occupied by a lady with two carts full of groceries and there is the self service clerk standing there chatting with her. How about you politely take her to a regular register where it will only take ten minutes to checkout and won't keep us standing in line? Geez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                I stop at the Kroger near work to make a salad. I go to the self checkout which has six registers. Two are closed and another one is occupied by a lady with two carts full of groceries and there is the self service clerk standing there chatting with her. How about you politely take her to a regular register where it will only take ten minutes to checkout and won't keep us standing in line? Geez!
                My Kroger got rid of the salad bar.

That grinds my gears.

Comment

Wild Bill knows how big wizí tits are confirmed,...
                  https://media.giphy.com/media/9QvqWRyoDTzfq/giphy.gif

Comment

• AT&T/DirectTV continue to charge me for the NFL Network. Let's start with the fact I never even signed up for it in the first place.

Every bill since the season started - I've called, and called, and called, and called four times now and apparently this is like pulling teeth. The last lady said there are notes all over your account, not sure what the problem is, but I'm the "boss" and it's taken care of now.

Well, December’s bill came the other day, and guess what??...you got it, 50 bucks again. These are always an hour+ on hold/conversation every time, and it’s wearing me thin. I don't have time for that, especially right now.

Suggestions on new providers? I lump my internet, tv and phones all together… Please and thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                      AT&T/DirectTV continue to charge me for the NFL Network. Let's start with the fact I never even signed up for it in the first place.

Every bill since the season started - I've called, and called, and called, and called four times now and apparently this is like pulling teeth. The last lady said there are notes all over your account, not sure what the problem is, but I'm the "boss" and it's taken care of now.

Well, December’s bill came the other day, and guess what??...you got it, 50 bucks again. These are always an hour+ on hold/conversation every time, and it’s wearing me thin. I don't have time for that, especially right now.

Suggestions on new providers? I lump my internet, tv and phones all together… Please and thank you.
                      They did the same thing to me with the baseball package. Said it was all HD, it was not... so I dropped it within the 10 day trail period. It took half a dozen phone calls over a few months and numerous requests for something in writing before they finally took it off the bill(s). I honest to goodness think it's in their playbook at this point. F DTV.

Comment

They did the same thing to me with the baseball package. Said it was all HD, it was not... so I dropped it within the 10 day trail period. It took half a dozen phone calls over a few months and numerous requests for something in writing before they finally took it off the bill(s). I honest to goodness think it's in their playbook at this point. F DTV.
                        Ugggg. It pisses me off because I don't want to change providers but they are giving me no choice. I'm not unhappy with their service, they just can't bill me correctly. It's bundled, with my old man and Grams added and I really don't have the time right now to deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                          Ugggg. It pisses me off because I don't want to change providers but they are giving me no choice. I'm not unhappy with their service, they just can't bill me correctly. It's bundled, with my old man and Grams added and I really don't have the time right now to deal with it.
                          Had a problem with Comcast about 4 years ago. After months with no luck I wrote a letter and sent a copy to the President of Comcast via email. Problem resolved within a week.

Comment

Had a problem with Comcast about 4 years ago. After months with no luck I wrote a letter and sent a copy to the President of Comcast via email. Problem resolved within a week.
                            At this point I'm just looking to move. Of course, it'll fall off my bill next week without NFL...meaning it's too late. I feel like I have no other choice. Pretty bad losing a loyal customer just because incorrect billing.

Comment

• In the drive thru,... no one behind me,... simple enough order, ďcan you pull forward Sir? We will bring you food when itís ready.Ē Pull around and before I park, they come out with my food,.... what stopped me from just waiting in the drive thru again???

Comment

In the drive thru,... no one behind me,... simple enough order, “can you pull forward Sir? We will bring you food when it’s ready.” Pull around and before I park, they come out with my food,.... what stopped me from just waiting in the drive thru again???
                                Hahaaa. That's funny and It Is irritating. Most fast-food restaurants get graded on drive-thru service and the amount of time they can get the food out. The timer Is from order to pulling away.
                                Last time I worked fast food 24 years ago we were timed and we were good at what we did because we cared. I could still make you a Whopper that most everyone would come back for. Today's fast-food sucks... Kids these days don't seem to care.
                                Places that are supposed to be fast and aren't, lose customers daily... Hense our declining weight in America...
                                Just be happy they brought It quick.
                                What really grinds my gears and I'll usually throw a fit is... If they do pull me ahead and I get cold fries or my orders not right.
                                I've gotten more than a few free meals because of it.
                                Last edited by Circa; 01-14-2020, 01:18 AM.
                                I was smarter when I drank...
                                I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

In the drive thru,... no one behind me,... simple enough order, ďcan you pull forward Sir? We will bring you food when itís ready.Ē Pull around and before I park, they come out with my food,.... what stopped me from just waiting in the drive thru again???
                                  I found an easy way not to get sent to the penalty box. If they tell me to pull forward, I very politely ask for my money back. Next thing you know, they're handing me my order.

Comment

I found an easy way not to get sent to the penalty box. If they tell me to pull forward, I very politely ask for my money back. Next thing you know, they're handing me my suspiciously moist order.
                                    Playing a dangerous game friend.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• What grinds my gears?

Watching LSU and Clemson play a level of football ND will never ever do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                        Hahaaa. That's funny and It Is irritating. Most fast-food restaurants get graded on drive-thru service and the amount of time they can get the food out. The timer Is from order to pulling away.
                                        Last time I worked fast food 24 years ago we were timed and we were good at what we did because we cared. I could still make you a Whopper that most everyone would come back for. Today's fast-food sucks... Kids these days don't seem to care.
                                        Places that are supposed to be fast and aren't, lose customers daily... Hense our declining weight in America...
                                        Just be happy they brought It quick.
                                        What really grinds my gears and I'll usually throw a fit is... If they do pull me ahead and I get cold fries or my orders not right.
                                        I've gotten more than a few free meals because of it.

Fast food does seems lesser quality today, McDonalds, Jack, Carls, many others... it's not complete trash really but the burgers for example seem smaller and less fresh than even just ten years ago. Not sure if that's just my perception or what...

Comment

• Menards

We're doing some painting and replacing some light fixtures. My wife finds a light for $89, but wants to wait until they have their 11% rebate promo. In between they have the "15% off everything you can stick in a sack" promo. We go to Menards and see the light won't fit in the sack, but the 11% rebate starts the next day so we'll wait a few days and I'll pick up the light during my lunch break.

What caught our attention, was the fact they had raised the price of the light from $89 to $99. Standard price increase? No, because their ad for the 11% sale that was starting the next day lists the light at $89. They were raising prices to compensate for the 15% sale.
                                          Last edited by Irish#1; 01-20-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Consultants stealing my staff.

We utilized a consultant to assist in a project. Signed an agreement that prevents either of us from hiring one of the others employees for a year after completion of project.

Yesterday my Business Analyst who is our subject matter expert for our ERP and handles all software projects for user apps turned in her notice after 21 years with the company. Guess who hired her just a month after the agreement expired?

Comment

• Okay, which one of you fools chased off wizards??? That would grind my gears...

Comment

Okay, which one of you fools chased off wizards??? That would grind my gears...
                                                He is in disney Hawaii right now, he is too cheap to purchase the wifi package and he thinks Hawaii is international so no internet on his flip phone.

Comment

• when you get sick, and it just keeps coming back and back and back and back....I cant remember a time in my adult life that I have been sick this many times since Christmas......ppl all thru work are sick as well.
                                                  YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                  Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                    He is in disney Hawaii right now, he is too cheap to purchase the wifi package and he thinks Hawaii is international so no internet on his flip phone.
                                                    10/10

Comment

• Valentine's Day.

So looking forward to spending $200+ for a three hour dining experience tonight
                                                      My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                        Valentine's Day.

White girl problems...

Comment

Why would anyone voluntarily do such a thing?

Comment

the three hours include 90 minutes of waiting on a table... lol screw that noise.

We are going to the nice German deli in town because It's Friday, we don't celebrate this madness and none of these chicks submitting their guys to torture would be caught dead there today...

Comment

Three hours is probably a bit dramatic but ACamp is spot on.

Even with a reservation, the places we (lol who am I kidding: She) likes to go ends up taking forever even after you sit.

She's italian, and likes the table side presentations and all that extra fluff. Helluva steak, so at least I'm getting that out of it.
                                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Eff that noise. I'm gonna hit CVS tomorrow morning and load on on clearance PB cups.

Comment

Even with a reservation, the places we (lol who am I kidding: She) likes to go ends up taking forever even after you sit.

She's italian, and likes the table side presentations and all that extra fluff. Helluva steak, so at least I'm getting that out of it.
                                                                  I'd say next year drop the, "Let's do this on the weekend this year, take our time, avoid the crowds" line, but VD is on Sunday next year I think, so you're proper fuked.

Comment

My wife's cool. She doesn't care to spend money on flowers that are going to wilt and die in a few days. She would rather avoid the crowds and eat at home tonight. Last night she tells me not to buy her any candy. Too late. I already bought her a box of Trinidad's from Fannie Mae. Trinidad's are the bomb and I'm getting off cheap so this doesn't grind my gears.

Comment

I'd say next year drop the, "Let's do this on the weekend this year, take our time, avoid the crowds" line, but VD is on Sunday next year I think, so you're proper fuked.
                                                                      You actually checked to see what day Valentine's Day falls on next year? You have issues my friend.

Comment

• Getting off easy here - took her to lunch and got her a gift card to the nail place. Offered a movie but nothing’s on she wants to see. Dinner she’s cooking for us tonight.

Comment

You actually checked to see what day Valentine's Day falls on next year? You have issues my friend.
                                                                          Ha, I started typing "Just celebrate on the weekend" then thought... "I'll bet it's on the weekend next year"... lol... but sure enough.

Comment

Valentine's Day.

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                            White girl problems...
                                                                            My wife and I celebrated by getting $30 worth of Thai food for lunch.

Everyone is happy, both with the excellent food and the cheap bill lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                              My wife and I celebrated by getting $30 worth of Thai food for lunch.

Everyone is happy, both with the excellent food and the cheap bill lol.
                                                                              nice, one of the best food trucks in town is a Thai truck... honestly maybe the best pad thai I've ever had.

Comment

nice, one of the best food trucks in town is a Thai truck... honestly maybe the best pad thai I've ever had.
                                                                                This place is a little hole in the wall. Some Thai folks bought an old run down house on the side of a semi-major road, then started cooking the best Pad Thai and preparing the best sushi in town.

It's awesome, minus the unpredictability of which chef is in the back... one guy makes a '5' that hurts good. There's another that makes a '5' that is HATEFUL.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                  This place is a little hole in the wall. Some Thai folks bought an old run down house on the side of a semi-major road, then started cooking the best Pad Thai and preparing the best sushi in town.

It's awesome, minus the unpredictability of which chef is in the back... one guy makes a '5' that hurts good. There's another that makes a '5' that is HATEFUL.
                                                                                  Ha, the pad thai from our truck is like that actually. You can get it spicy, medium or mild... mild is like reg pad thai, medium is really freakin hot to the point only I can eat it in our family (and aside from one daughter we all love heat) and the spicy is food challenge stuff basically. It's really good but will burn right through you.

Comment

• The wife's oldest brother is single, 69 and living on his own. He's a hot head and always has been. No filter on his mouth. Her mom is 95 and in a nursing home. He has power of attorney to pay the nursing home and other bills. He recently had brain surgery, so the wife offered to take him to his doctor appointments, nursing home, bank, etc.

He now calls her about once a week to drive him somewhere. She gets real nervous when he calls because of his temper and penchant to go off on the littlest of things. Now she's complaining to me about having to drive him around. Dear, you knew he was like this before you offered. Why did you offer?

Comment

• Biggest boxing match of my adult lifetime and its next to impossible to order!!! Is it so hard to make it point and click like old school PPV?? Trying to order this shit is like decoding The NSA

Comment

• Leaving the grocery store I'm driving in front of the rest of the stip mall towards the exit. Idiot delivery kid walks right out on front of me without ever looking to see if any cars are coming. Fortunately for him I was paying attention and hit the horn while braking. Clown looks up and starts yelling at me.

Comment

• You know what I hate? Modern Xbox games. When I buy a new game "for my son". I hate that it takes "him" half a day of waiting to play it while it has to download from the internet.

All "he" wants to do is forget about yesterday.

Comment

• Stupid government agencies.

So I got an internship this spring with a state agency in NY. Seems cool, we will see. One of the requirements is getting fingerprinted. This is dumb for two reasons:

1. I'm not going to be in a position to touch or do anything significant in this job and
                                                                                            2. Its remote! I will not be in the same f'ing time zone as any NY state property.

Anyways, they have the fingerprint requirement so I go to book one. It appears one company has exclusive rights to n digital fingerprinting done by NY state agencies. They have a few offices in ND, so no big deal right? Ha! No. None of these offices offer digital fingerprinting. Not one. O call the company to see if maybe their website is inaccurate because it seemed odd they'd offer everything but their premier service. The closest place they have is a Minneapolis suburb. So I would need to make an overnight trip to go get my fingerprints taken, for an unpaid internship being done remotely for a job 1500 miles away.

So I check with the Marshals, and FBI, they both said they don't have the ability to do this either. I emailed NY State back and filled them in. We will see what they do. A rational department would say oh shoot yeah who gives a shit but since it's New York, who knows.
                                                                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                                              Stupid government agencies.

So I got an internship this spring with a state agency in NY. Seems cool, we will see. One of the requirements is getting fingerprinted. This is dumb for two reasons:

1. I'm not going to be in a position to touch or do anything significant in this job and
                                                                                              2. Its remote! I will not be in the same f'ing time zone as any NY state property.

Anyways, they have the fingerprint requirement so I go to book one. It appears one company has exclusive rights to n digital fingerprinting done by NY state agencies. They have a few offices in ND, so no big deal right? Ha! No. None of these offices offer digital fingerprinting. Not one. O call the company to see if maybe their website is inaccurate because it seemed odd they'd offer everything but their premier service. The closest place they have is a Minneapolis suburb. So I would need to make an overnight trip to go get my fingerprints taken, for an unpaid internship being done remotely for a job 1500 miles away.

So I check with the Marshals, and FBI, they both said they don't have the ability to do this either. I emailed NY State back and filled them in. We will see what they do. A rational department would say oh shoot yeah who gives a shit but since it's New York, who knows.
                                                                                              Years ago, I applied for the fire department. They required fingerprinting just to apply. I guess the benefit is it kept me on the straight and narrow! lol

Comment

Years ago, I applied for the fire department. They required fingerprinting just to apply. I guess the benefit is it kept me on the straight and narrow! lol
                                                                                                My mom's long time BF is retired IFD and he doesn't even have a HS diploma. Times have certainly changed since he was hired...

Back on topic - why she scheduled these painters over today and tomorrow knowing it's my last two days before returning to work is beyond me, but it's grinding my gears. Can't I just enjoy my last couple of days off in peace...???

Comment

Had a similar issue trying to renew my CC permit. I live in Arkansas but my permit is through FL. I was renewing online and saw where it requires my fingerprint again. Went to local State Police and none of the law enforcement agencies are allowed to provided fingerprinting service due to COVID. FL only accepts fingerprints from laws enforcement so Iím in limbo until they start offering them again.

Comment

Make sure you give your mothers maiden name, street you grew up on, and your father's oldest brother.

Comment

• My fiance and I flew to Florida on New Years. Dude sitting next to me on the plane downloaded Friends episodes to his phones and watched them for 2.5 hours...without headphones.

I asked him if he had headphones and he said no. I asked why and he shrugged his shoulders. So I listened to that for 2.5 hours and almost committed the last murder of 2020.
                                                                                                      The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X