What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Really Grinds Your Gears?

I was in a restaurant today enjoying a nice meal with the girlfriend, as a couple who had obviously tuned out their screaming child also enjoyed their meal.
    This continued for at least 20 minutes and the parents acted as if they were completely unaware that their little sh!t factory was screaming bloody murder.

DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR KID!

What really grinds your gears?

Where do I start????

OK, first thing that popped in my head was loud talkers in airplanes. People, either STFU or learn how to talk in hushed tones.
    sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

"You know what really chaps my as$ though? I spent my life savings turning my van into a dog."

Comment

People that complain that movie theatre concession prices are too high, and that if you were to lower prices, people would buy more. 100% inaccurate.

Also hate the people that say you should put healthier choices at movie theatres. PEOPLE DON'T BUY THEM!!!!! Do people complain about restaurant prices the way they do movie theatre prices? NO! Don't buy anything!

Do I sound like I have a vested interest? :)
        "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

You know what really Grinds my Gears...? Guitar threads and Gamer Geeks mensing over the schedule reduced to a snail's pace.... Back to you Tom Tucker.

Comment

you know what really grinds my gears?

lindsey lohan
            Oh yeah, I ain't allowed to say "goddamn" no more.--D-Bob

Comment

Originally posted by HereComeTheIrish View Post
              You know what really Grinds my Gears...? Guitar threads and Gamer Geeks mensing over the schedule reduced to a snail's pace.... Back to you Tom Tucker.
              No one's making you read 'em chief. This isn't the first time you've complained of them.

We're killing time til the season starts.

You know what grinds my gears? Waiting for this season to start. 11ish days left.
              We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

Comment

People who park in handicap spaces and are CLEARLY not handicapped.

Comment

DEMOCRATS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyingAlamo View Post
                    No one's making you read 'em chief. This isn't the first time you've complained of them.

You know what grinds my gears? Waiting for this season to start. 11ish days left.
                    My name not Chief... My name, Eddie Van Halen and I play Xbox Smurfs. It's Smurf-tacular!!! Join in wigwam tonight for Smurf-tabulous time...

Comment

What really grinds my gears is when the digital cable guide clearly says one show but is showing something completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by UmphreakDomer View Post
                        you know what really grinds my gears?

lindsey lohan
                        While I would probably need to hold my breath, I would not mind her grinding my gear.

Comment

What really grinds my gears are people who eat with their mouth open.

Comment

My name not Chief... My name, Eddie Van Halen and I play Xbox Smurfs. It's Smurf-tacular!!! Join in wigwam tonight for Smurf-tabulous time...
                            <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONqYuqWY8iM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONqYuqWY8iM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Comment

People who are fat (and I don't mean a bit pudgy, but like "I have to get a handicap parking pass so the I get to park closer to the store" fat) not because they have a disease/disorder but simply because they can't find the time to get off their fat ***.

People who go out of their way to not like something or someone.

People who don't take the time to comprehend that everyone has to deal with bull **** too.

People who can't take a joke.

Racists.

People who think you're racist because you don't like the stupid things they do/say even though it has nothing to do with the color of their skin.

Women who think that all men are awful and that men don't ever get the **** end of a relationship.

People who judge too much with out knowing.

I could go on.

I know, there is a chance (a good one probably) that I said something hypocritical, but I think what matters is I'm trying damnedest to not be. Everyone does or says something hypocritical at some point in their life (which scares me since Dante said one of the lower rings in hell was reserved for hypocrites, but maybe that's just people who knowing live with hypocrisy and are okay with it? or maybe those who are hypocritical to the extreme? eg a Jewish Nazi?)

Now a couple of cool things that my post reminded me of:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMN5uQhF-Ro?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

"But I'm tryin' Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
                              Last edited by BeauBenken; 08-23-2011, 12:06 AM.
                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                Racists.

People who think you're racist because you don't like the stupid things they do/say even though it has nothing to do with the color of their skin.
                                <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJ882QYzr-M?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJ882QYzr-M?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                  <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJ882QYzr-M?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>
                                  It's almost contradictory but not quite. haha

Nice post though. :) I lol'd.
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyingAlamo View Post

PM sent, brah....

Comment

People who drive under the speed limit in the left lane. Move the **** over.

Comment

Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
                                        People who drive under the speed limit in the left lane. Move the **** over.
                                        What if you're in London?

Comment

PM sent, brah....
                                          You guys...please :(

Everybody stop fighting...

Note: Where's that crying .gif Buster loves to use when you need it?
                                          Last edited by BeauBenken; 08-23-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

On a more serious note, it really bothers me when work gives me crap over being an involved father (I go to all of my son's well checks and since we are expecting #2 in December I have been going to all of my wife's appointments, plus I will take off 3 weeks when the baby is born). Why is it so hard for people to believe that a dad can be an equal parent to mom (rhetorical)?

Comment

Comment

Not fighting at all..... Just letting him know that I sent him a PM. Jesus, everyone is so friggin' uptight around here lately. Come on people...

Comment

Here if it makes you feel any better.... Beau...PM sent. lol

Comment

Pouring a bowl of cereal to later find out someone drank all the milk. It just pisses me off right now thinking about it.

People who stand in line and when it finally comes their turn they are indecisive and don't know the hell they want.

Comment

Twerps in the movie theater fiddling with their Cell Phone / texting while the movie is playing. I have sworn off theater visits for this very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlisleHoliday View Post
                                                        Pouring a bowl of cereal to later find out someone drank all the milk. It just pisses me off right now thinking about it.

People who stand in line and when it finally comes their turn they are indecisive and don't know the hell they want.
                                                        I like that.

Looking forward to the great leftovers in the fridge and skipping the fast food on the way home from work, only to get home and see someone (WIFE) ate it all, and now she's asleep and I'm not gettin' any. No leftovers either.

NOW I'M TOO TIRED TO GO OUT AND GET SOMETHING!!!! DAMMMMMMMMMMMMIT!!!!

Comment

What really grinds my gears is when someone that has seen already seen a movie continues to say "wait, wait watch this" or just comes out and tells you want happens before it happens.

Comment

I can't stand when Corellians drop their friends off at Big Ten football games.

Comment

well when i go take a big **** and then realize there's no toilet paper kinda bugs me...michigan state anything...and yes, those tree-hugging, we're all-gonna-die democrats...oh, and philly fans
                                                              buy a vw passat

Comment

Drives me nuts that Halle Berry doesn't return my calls.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishAlum1997 View Post
                                                                  Drives me nuts that Halle Berry doesn't return my calls.
                                                                  haha me too bro...i forgot about that...or and when audi doesn't (that's kinda of an inside joke...unless you know me real well)
                                                                  buy a vw passat

Comment

When you're talking to a group of people and one person tunes you out, but when you finish, you get a big reaction out of everyone who was listening (big gasp, big laugh, whatever) and the person who wasn't listening starts saying "what? What did he say? What happened? Say it again" Pay attention from the start jackwad

Comment

People who don't use common sense. It seems to have gotten worse as time goes on. Maybe I'm too sensitive to it.

I could list some examples, but it would take too long.

Comment

Originally posted by no.1IrishFan View Post
                                                                        I was in a restaurant today enjoying a nice meal with the girlfriend, as a couple who had obviously tuned out their screaming child also enjoyed their meal.
                                                                        This continued for at least 20 minutes and the parents acted as if they were completely unaware that their little sh!t factory was screaming bloody murder.

DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR KID!

What really grinds your gears?
                                                                        THIS! Find a goddamn baby sitter or take your kids to chuckee cheese or mcdonalds playland for christ sake.

There is NOTHING worse than a whaling kid. (besides the parents that dont do anything about it)

A lot of places around here especially fine dinning are banning a certain age group of kids and people are flipping out about it. I'm obviously in favor.

Comment

Being check raised when you know your beat.

SEPTA Busses.

Refs/umpires controlling outcomes of games.

People who use "ironic" to describe a situation when it's really coincidental.

Soto's irrationalness in Karate Kid 2-- Dude, Myagi apologized over and over.

Hipsters riding retro bikes.

Rich people who've out priced me for seats to Phillies games. Don't lie to your self- you weren't fans in 07 when I was buying $25 seats off of stubhub to sit lower level.

Phillies fans who act like Boston fans.

People who come into work and talk sports and act like they have a unique point of view when it was the same **** I just listened to on the AM radio dial.

People who say "they don't play enough small ball." STFU.

Missing over unders by the hook.

People who Come to me desk to talk and it is clear they have zero interest in talking to them yet they continue to stand there and talk.

The Conshohocken curve on route 76/Skhukill Expressway. People feel the need to break there.
                                                                          Life is one, big Over/Under.

Comment

Improper use of a pronoun without it's proper preceding antecedent...

EX:

"They're building a Walgreens down the street."

"They say Hurricane Irene is going to hit Friday."

Who the frick are "they"??? I want to join this unnamed company "They" that is in charge of so much around us.
                                                                            Last edited by TheGame'09; 08-23-2011, 07:23 AM. Reason: sp
                                                                            People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              It really grinds my gears when people back into parking spaces.

Why does half the population have to act like they will be leaving work, their home, or wherever they are as if someone is chasing them?

Why would someone back into a spot driving a '97 Taurus? And even if you have a nice car, STFU nobody cares.

I think it should be illegal.

I hate pulling into work behind someone who does this and then having to stop far away from them, so they can take their time, have their space, and back into their spot.

I hate driving down a street and having a car stop and then having to go through the trouble of figuring out what the heck they are doing. Once I go around them...yup they reverse it back into their driveway.

It's a selfish act.

If you're driving in the street, you should respect your fellow drivers, use your turn signal and pull into your driveway like normal. When you leave, you wait until the coast is clear and then you reverse it out of there.

Habitual back up into parking spot people, why do you do it?

And if you have a circle driveway, would you still do it?

When you park at concerts, and things of that nature where you're directed into rows, does it rob you of your masculinity to park your car with your hood facing in?

I want answers.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I've repped just about everyone in this thread. Now it says I've repped too many people & I have to wait 24 hours to rep someone. WTF?!?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  People chewing their food. Have to have the TV or music on. CAN'T STAND IT.

Teenage girls in the movie theater. Seems like they are always directly behind me giggling and being obnoxious.

People that don't fully stop at a STOP sign just so they can beat you through the intersection.

Elderly drivers driving 30 in a 55.

When someone has been outside sweating and they come in and sit down on your couch. Yes I most definitely want to lay around in your sweat when you are not here. Thank you.

Parents who brag about all the things little Tommy can do that your child can't yet.

Purdue fans.

The guy in the luxury sports car who thinks the rules of the road do not apply to him.

When a group of people is walking towards you in the hallway three wide and not one of the moves over to let you through.

The 300 lb lady who orders a salad in the cafeteria because she is "on a diet" but then proceeds to get fried chicken strips on it with extra ranch dressing.

Snoring.

When you are laying in bed trying to go to sleep and there is that one pipe/faucet/ air duct that makes a noise every 5-10 seconds. I literally go insane.

People that want to chit chat with the grocery store clerk when they are going through the line.

The one-upper.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    People that b*#@h to much.
                                                                                    Last edited by GEORGIA DOMER; 08-23-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Hmm...let's see. People who talk on the phone to professionals while chomping food.
                                                                                      People who can't execute a 4 way stop properly.
                                                                                      Republicans.
                                                                                      Miracle whip.
                                                                                      Michigan "fans" who don't know crap about their own team, but they know every record, NC, heisman winner, and stat of ND.
                                                                                      Men.

Oh and country music made after 1998.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        monday mornings....

scUM fans...

people who think my dog is a wolf.

people who say the first thing that pops into their head, without thinking about how stupid it makes them sound...

i could go on for days baby

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Not properly using the clutch on a manual transmission.... I thank you

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Rocket89 View Post
                                                                                            It really grinds my gears when people back into parking spaces.

Why does half the population have to act like they will be leaving work, their home, or wherever they are as if someone is chasing them?

Why would someone back into a spot driving a '97 Taurus? And even if you have a nice car, STFU nobody cares.

I think it should be illegal.

I hate pulling into work behind someone who does this and then having to stop far away from them, so they can take their time, have their space, and back into their spot.

I hate driving down a street and having a car stop and then having to go through the trouble of figuring out what the heck they are doing. Once I go around them...yup they reverse it back into their driveway.

It's a selfish act.

If you're driving in the street, you should respect your fellow drivers, use your turn signal and pull into your driveway like normal. When you leave, you wait until the coast is clear and then you reverse it out of there.

Habitual back up into parking spot people, why do you do it?

And if you have a circle driveway, would you still do it?

When you park at concerts, and things of that nature where you're directed into rows, does it rob you of your masculinity to park your car with your hood facing in?

I want answers.
                                                                                            A good friend of mine ALWAYS backs into parking spaces. He told me that it's a military thing. He said when he was in the Army it was against rules and regulations to pull into a parking space...Something about being ready and alert. But I agree, it drives me crazy too.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I fogot to add people who spell their kids names ridiculously. It's one thing to "Brendyn" as opposed to "Brendan" but I draw the line at Tiphonie (Tiffany) M'rhiyah (Mariah) or Areeana (ariana) or Mikehl (Michael) all names I've seen working in the medical field, and don't get me started on some of the dumb names people give their kids, like they're purse dogs.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Finding out that the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial was made in China

Comment

• #49

The mulletted one and I are cool Beau. Haha. Relaxxxx.
                                                                                                  We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Crying babies on a red eye flight (or any flight for that matter).
                                                                                                    Pink-hatted Red Sox fans (this variety is much worse than knowledgable Sox fans)
                                                                                                    People at the grocery store paying with a check
                                                                                                    Undercooked chicken wings
                                                                                                    Rubberneck delays
                                                                                                    "Nine out of ten times it's an electric razor, but every once in a while..."

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X