Happy Fathers Day!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Fathers Day!!!

I didn't see this anywhere so I thought I would say Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there. I am not a father myself but wanted to wish all fathers out there a good day.

Thanks bro.

Here's to practicing becoming a father:

;)

Happy Father's Day to all.

Comment

Happy Fathers Day!

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to all the IE Fathers out there...its the most important job you will ever have.
        "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Thanks to all the IE fathers out there. I know in my life, my dad has been the most important person in my life & has helped me become the person I am today.

I'm leaving for college in a few days & my dad and I were sitting down talking about all the memories and good times we've had. If your dad is still living, be sure to call him or tell him how much you love him & dad's make the most our of your time.

Comment

Happy fathers day to all the mothers who had to pull double duty

Comment

Happy Fathers day to all the Fathers, soon to be Fathers, Step Fathers, and Mothers doing both. After a long day of awesomeness with my family, I come home to a new Notre Dame golf bag with matching balls. (and it was gifted from a U of M fan) Sweet.
              #TeamKizer

Comment

Thank you for including single moms! I can't give reps on my phone so I'll get those to you in the morning! Happy fathers day!

Comment

Well going back to the whole point of the thread/day/celebration...

happy father's day to all the DAD'S out there.
                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Wow. ^

Comment

lol Happy Fathers day to all you Irish fathers! :) Hope you had a wonderful day, you sure deserve it!

Comment

My dad passed away earlier this year so this is my first Father's Day without him. Don't worry, I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but I hope he knows that I love him and I'm still wishing him a happy Father's Day! :)
                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I respect single mothers more than anything because my mother raised five kids alone for about eight years. But they do have a day, Mother's Day and I show tons of appreciation to her.

Comment

watch the vids...

Gotta Watch: Daddy's surprise – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                              wow...that is really kool.
                              "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by k1ssme1m1r1sh View Post
                                Thank you for including single moms! I can't give reps on my phone so I'll get those to you in the morning! Happy fathers day!
                                Count me in with those that salute single mothers on this day.
                                Last edited by NeuteredDoomer; 06-19-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Pulled a double shift today... Havent seen my dad all day.

But left him two tickets for the Purdue game.

(yes I'm a Purdue Student)

But God know's I'll be in the student section cheering on ND!

ps: Already got several buddies at Purdue who are going hours early to get the best seats, gonna be nice cause the Ross-Ade Brigade sits right behind the visitors!!!

Comment

You're a Purdue student that goes to Purdue ND games and cheers for ND??? That must go over well... lol

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                      You're a Purdue student that goes to Purdue ND games and cheers for ND??? That must go over well... lol
                                      Yes, I'm only going to be a sophomore. But I'm going a few hours early with 5 other friends, at least, that I went to catholic school with. We're all gonna be rooting on ND.. So, if things get ugly, I'll have so back up with me lol.

Comment

Being a single father, absolutely single mothers are included. When you hold down both ends of the fort, you should definitely reap both of the rewards.
                                        #TeamKizer

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to yall out there. Heading out to play some golf in Myrtle Beach with the ol man.

Be safe and enjoy.

Comment

Happy father's day to all the dads out there

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                                              Thanks bro.

;)

That killz was a smartass, but as far as fatherhood, he sure can do!

Wish that I could play one more round with my old man!

As it is I will celebrate fatherhood with my oldest son, and his birthday, and have various other children, grandchildren, and possible children over throughout the day.

I am also deciding on whether to pick a partner not to have anymore children with.

I will say this, if it is your cup of tea, and you can dedicate yourself to it, and have a little luck, the little fuckers raise you pretty well. It can provide an incredible source of enjoyment and truly fulfilling love. (Survival required first.)

My oldest boy is 34 today; my youngest turned 9 in February; in between is my second son and four daughters. (Daughters are the dangerous part, they don't kid around.)

So I have several pretty wonderful children. Yeah, one of them has been a rebel without a clue, and a couple more forget this or that occasionally, but they all bring a chuckle to my lips and a sparkle to my eye!
                                              Last edited by Bogtrotter07; 06-21-2015, 07:42 AM.

Comment

HFD, ma ND peeps!

Comment

Here's to you all, particularly Rhode and Steelhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                    Being a single father, absolutely single mothers are included. When you hold down both ends of the fort, you should definitely reap both of the rewards.
                                                    Yes- so remember us single dads next Mothers Day!

Comment

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there -- especially thinking of Cack and steelhead on their first Father's Day with kids of their own. I got breakfast in bed and am going golfing with my sons. Coming home to a cookout with my family. Going to be a perfect day!

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                        My dad passed away earlier this year so this is my first Father's Day without him. Don't worry, I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but I hope he knows that I love him and I'm still wishing him a happy Father's Day! :)
                                                        I know how you feel this is my 2nd year and it feels the same as it did last year.
                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Happy fathers day it all the other fathers out there.
                                                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Happy Father's Day to all those performing probably the second most important role that there is to perform. Let's do good work!
                                                            Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to you all!
                                                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

I've undoubtedly told this before, but I still think fondly of it and it bears repeating.

My very first Fathers Day I got up early, quietly slipping out of bed to not wake my wife. I made coffee, bacon, eggs and toast for her. I prepared a bottle of formula for m'boyo. I quietly lifted the lad from his crib and slipped him into the bed with my wife.

I then brought up a tray to deliver them both breakfast in bed.

My wife protested. "I should be doing this for YOU!" My response? "This is for the two most important people in my life that made this possible. Without you this would just be another Sunday."

I got my Fathers Day present: I slipped back downstairs, served myself coffee and breakfast and read the Sunday paper at my leisure, with no disruptions. The rest of the day I was free to putter in the yard as I saw fit.

Today I'll be hanging out with my son and his girlfriend' family. Eating, drinking beer and floating in a pool on a warm (but not excessively hot and humid), gorgeous Minnesota day.

I haven't had the pleasure of sharing a Fathers Day with my own father since 1996. I miss the man.

Smile, all you fathers. Be happy, gentle, patient and good.

Comment

There's nothing happy about Father's Day to those without their own child. A day that is to be celebrated is mourned. I wish everyone with their kids a very special and celebrated day. Remember though, there are some without and it's a rough day.

Comment

Originally posted by irishmarine View Post
                                                                    There's nothing happy about Father's Day to those without their own child. A day that is to be celebrated is mourned. I wish everyone with their kids a very special and celebrated day. Remember though, there are some without and it's a rough day.
                                                                    I have to agree. Although I have 2 beautiful daughters at home, I lost one several years ago. I put on a grand show of happiness to my girls because they deserve it, but inside, I would everything for just one more "Happy Fathers Day, I love you" from my daughter taken from me too soon.

Happy Fathers Day to all you guys, sorry for being a downer.
                                                                    GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                      Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                      I know how you feel this is my 2nd year and it feels the same as it did last year.

This is my 52nd year and it feels the same. I lost him a few days before I graduated HS, 5 days before his 48th birthday, 3 weeks before Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day, Dad! Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Happy Father's day everyone. I have a question. For Father's day my awesome wife got me tickets to the ND-GT game booked me a room at the Lincoln hotel in Chicago, and got me a ticket on The Bus to Notre Dame. Has anyone heard of it? It brings us to and from the game. Its all you can drink. Provides three meals and it's a place to tail gate before the game. Just thought I'd ask. Oh and the guys I will be with are GT alumnus. This shouldn't be an issue should it?

Comment

Originally posted by Irishcop View Post
                                                                          Happy Father's day everyone. I have a question. For Father's day my awesome wife got me tickets to the ND-GT game booked me a room at the Lincoln hotel in Chicago, and got me a ticket on The Bus to Notre Dame. Has anyone heard of it? It brings us to and from the game. Its all you can drink. Provides three meals and it's a place to tail gate before the game. Just thought I'd ask. Oh and the guys I will be with are GT alumnus. This shouldn't be an issue should it?
                                                                          If we lose this game you will be blamed. ;)

Comment

If you can keep your head when all about you
                                                                            Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
                                                                            If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
                                                                            But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
                                                                            Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
                                                                            Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
                                                                            And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
                                                                            If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
                                                                            If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
                                                                            And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
                                                                            Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
                                                                            Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
                                                                            And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
                                                                            And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
                                                                            And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                                                            And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
                                                                            To serve your turn long after they are gone,
                                                                            And so hold on when there is nothing in you
                                                                            Except the will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
                                                                            Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
                                                                            If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
                                                                            If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
                                                                            With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
                                                                            Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
                                                                            And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
                                                                            Rudyard Kipling, If: A Father's Advice to His Son

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
                                                                              If we lose this game you will be blamed. ;)
                                                                              Yes Sir, I'm clear on that. It's my first time in South Bend so I'm already praying for a win.

Comment

• #40

No, it won't be. You'll find testimonials from OU fans on the Bus2NotreDame website.

Testimonials - Bus 2 Notre Dame

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                  No, it won't be. You'll find testimonials from OU fans on the Bus2NotreDame website.

Testimonials - Bus 2 Notre Dame
                                                                                  Great. Thanks

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Definitely let me know how your experience is. That seems worth the money just to avoid the hassle of renting a car honestly.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Oh and the guys I will be with are GT alumnus. This shouldn't be an issue should it?

Only if you plan on talking to girls, and not playing "Magic: The Gathering" on the bus ride there.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                        Definitely let me know how your experience is. That seems worth the money just to avoid the hassle of renting a car honestly.
                                                                                        I will.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                                                          Only if you plan on talking to girls, and not playing "Magic: The Gathering" on the bus ride there.
                                                                                          Hahahahahahahaha. That's awesome.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            It looks like the last time we wished each other a Happy Father's Day was in 2015 - so I thought it was due! Dad's are important!

'

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Happy Father’s Day fellas.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                                                                                                Thanks bro.

;)

At this time, I had two.

Now I have three ages 5, 7, and 11. The years fly by.

Cheers Daddies.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by NeuteredDoomer View Post
                                                                                                  Count me in with those that salute single mothers on this day.
                                                                                                  Bambi getting dirty. Crazy bastage.

RIP bruh.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X