Everything Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
    I think weah solidified his starting at right wing. What to do with Reyna? He looks to be out for a while still.
    Weah had been the best winger over the last few games and looks irreplaceable currently. Without him breaking down the defense we don't score last night.

As much as it pains me to say it, Pulisic appears to be best used as a super sub for the next couple of games in this cycle. His fitness needs to improve before he can be counted on for 90.

Comment

I think weah solidified his starting at right wing. What to do with Reyna? He looks to be out for a while still.
      Reyna is too good to not include in the line up, but also agree about Weah. I also think Musah is going to be a star. It’s a good problem to have. Who woulda thought in 2017 that the USMNT would not just have world class talent throughout the lineup, but also have depth from the top 5 leagues. I for a while said I prefer Weah as a super sub, boy was I wrong.

Jamaica will not be an easy match without Robinson and McKennie, but if they’re going to get 3 points from any of the away fixtures, it absolutely needs to be this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post

Weah had been the best winger over the last few games and looks irreplaceable currently. Without him breaking down the defense we don't score last night.

As much as it pains me to say it, Pulisic appears to be best used as a super sub for the next couple of games in this cycle. His fitness needs to improve before he can be counted on for 90.
        Yeah. I think he has to stay fit for club and country. I’d be surprised if Tuchel didn’t demand CP be limited and The national team is obliging. We need depth to develop though and unfortunately it seems there is a huge drop off in talent from our A squad up front and in the MF
        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• The overall theme I’ve seen on Twitter from non-troll El Tri fans is that they think the US has surpassed them and they need to follow our model of shipping our 18-21 year olds to Europe to develop rather than the players staying in Liga MX until their mid 20s. Think it’s a bit of an over reaction, but also funny to see fans of an opposing country saying they need to follow the US development model as it’s proving successful.

Comment

• I do have to wonder,… where has this aggressiveness been??? We can do that to them but not to lesser concacaf teams??? What changed so suddenly because we pressed much more last night than we had been. They looked like a much more confident squad generally speaking, I honestly didn’t expect that to be the match they pull that off in but was very pleasantly surprised. Even in the first twenty minutes I was telling my wife at least they are being aggressive…
            There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Is there a way to get Pulisic, Reyna, Weah and Pepi on the field at the same time?
              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                Is there a way to get Pulisic, Reyna, Weah and Pepi on the field at the same time?
                midfield of McKennie, Adams, and Reyna, Pulisic and Weah as wingers, Pepi as CF. The thing with that, you’re missing out on Musah who I think is electric, and then you’re also limiting Pulisic’s impact as I think he plays better for the US when he plays as a second forward of sorts.

Comment

• Btw, LRod should have been red carded easy. I can say that now sober and objective as I can be. To do that right in front of the ref and then have two of our players get yellows is everything that is wrong with concacaf
                  There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

midfield of McKennie, Adams, and Reyna, Pulisic and Weah as wingers, Pepi as CF. The thing with that, you’re missing out on Musah who I think is electric, and then you’re also limiting Pulisic’s impact as I think he plays better for the US when he plays as a second forward of sorts.
                      Missed this. Yeah I don’t want Musah off the field either. Hell I know Aaronson is probably the least technical winger we have but that dude works every single second. I love the energy he brings and wish we could have him in the field too.
                      Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIDomer9 View Post
                        What an incredible run for this team! Kind of came out of nowhere to be honest. Will be interesting to see if it can continue in the NCAA’s.
                        Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• ND Men's was picked to finish last in the conference. Love to see this.

Comment

• Ole, Ole, Ole Ole…
                            "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• The decision makers at Man United are still there. Not much will improve until those people are gone.

Trent Alexander Arnold has 51 assists. He’s 23 years old. World Class player. The end.
                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Interesting that Chelsea are playing Pulisic as a striker, maybe more of a false 9. Could that be the answer to the USMNT striker woes while also maximizing the available talent in the lineup?

Comment

Interesting that Chelsea are playing Pulisic as a striker, maybe more of a false 9. Could that be the answer to the USMNT striker woes while also maximizing the available talent in the lineup?
                                  Eh, I watched the match. He was virtually invisible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                    Eh, I watched the match. He was virtually invisible.
                                    So no different than our current pool of strikers at least lol.

Comment

So no different than our current pool of strikers at least lol.
                                      Fair enough lol

Comment

• A lot of smoke that Pulisic wants out of Chelsea because he doesn't get regular minutes. Rumors he is interested in linking up with Liverpool come January because Salah, Mane and Keita will be unavailable due to AFCON.

He's appeared in 3 Premier League matches and 2 Champions League matches all season. Anyone interested should be asking for a discounted fee.

I think Klopp could get a lot more out of Pulisic, assuming Pulisic is actually interested in working with him and would buy in.
                                        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                          A lot of smoke that Pulisic wants out of Chelsea because he doesn't get regular minutes. Rumors he is interested in linking up with Liverpool come January because Salah, Mane and Keita will be unavailable due to AFCON.

He's appeared in 3 Premier League matches and 2 Champions League matches all season. Anyone interested should be asking for a discounted fee.

I think Klopp could get a lot more out of Pulisic, assuming Pulisic is actually interested in working with him and would buy in.
                                          He’s been injured lol. You state this like he’s not seeing the field cause of talent. When he’s healthy he plays. Whether as a starter or super sub.

He’s a key piece on one of the top 3 clubs in the world. I think he’s happy.
                                          .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• ManU agree to terms with Ralf Rangnick for a 6 month interim manager plus two years consultancy. Mentored Tuechel and Klopp.

If they plan to go Geigenpressing style Id expect several current team members to be moved on. Ronaldo, Cavani, Bruno can’t/won’t press. I don’t see them moving on Bruno though…. So…?. Can’t have multiple people not pressing.
                                            Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 11-25-2021, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by phillyirish View Post

He’s been injured lol. You state this like he’s not seeing the field cause of talent. When he’s healthy he plays. Whether as a starter or super sub.

He’s a key piece on one of the top 3 clubs in the world. I think he’s happy.
                                                I stated it because clubs should be asking for a discounted fee.

Comment

ManU agree to terms with Ralf Rangnick for a 6 month interim manager plus two years consultancy. Mentored Tuechel and Klopp.

If they plan to go Geigenpressing style Id expect several current team members to be moved on. Ronaldo, Cavani, Bruno can’t/won’t press. I don’t see them moving on Bruno though…. So…?. Can’t have multiple people not pressing.
                                                  Wolfgang Frank was Klopp’s mentor, who in turn was influenced by Arrigo Sacchi. Can't speak for Tuchel.

Rangnick is going to be an interim manager. With that they have invested in Ronaldo and Bruno, they surely hired Rangnick under the impression he is going to incorporate them into things until the end of the season when he's done. Cavani's contract is up in June.

This isn't going to be an easy fix by any stretch. Ole at the Wheel was only one issue among several.

The result yesterday was actually quite satisfying.

Comment

• I think mentored is the wrong word. It should be more like tactically influenced.

Comment

I think mentored is the wrong word. It should be more like tactically influenced.
                                                      For Klopp, that would be Frank on both counts.

In other news,

Comment

• Liverpool 4 Everton 1. At Goodison.

Hours later, Marcus Freeman is hired.

If I could smoke this, I would.

Comment

• 1. Wolves shithousing time wasting only to get beat by an Origi goal in extra time. You love to see it.

2. City plays Watford away, City away supporters singing about Gerrard slipping in 2014. Still perplexed by this, and they're not the only ones who sing about Gerrard when not playing Liverpool.

3. Speaking of Stevie, he beat Rodgers and Leicester. Three wins in four matches with his only "slip" coming against City.

4. Newcastle got a victory. Their fixture schedule for the next month is horrific, but they have a shot to stay safe now with the win.

Comment

• So the UCL Round of 16 had to have a redraw because of a "software" error. I cant find much about it. ANyone caught up enough to explain to me how or why that happened?

Comment

So the UCL Round of 16 had to have a redraw because of a "software" error. I cant find much about it. ANyone caught up enough to explain to me how or why that happened?
                                                              Completely forgot that this was going to happen this morning. Thanks for the reminder.

Hopefully this means PSG have a normal draw since they caught the error.

Comment

• Here ya go:

Round-of-16 draw
                                                                FC Salzburg vs.Bayern Munich
                                                                Sporting CP vs. Manchester City
                                                                Benfica vs. Ajax
                                                                Chelsea vs. Lille
                                                                Atletico Madrid vs. Manchester United
                                                                Villarreal vs. Juventus
                                                                Inter vs. Liverpool
                                                                Paris Saint-Germain vs. Real Madrid

Initial round-of-16 draw, declared void
                                                                Benfica vs. Real Madrid
                                                                Villarreal vs. Manchester City
                                                                Atletico Madrid vs. Bayern Munich
                                                                FC Salzburg vs. Liverpool
                                                                Inter Milan vs. Ajax
                                                                Sporting CP vs. Juventus
                                                                Chelsea vs. Lille
                                                                Paris Saint-Germain vs. Manchester United

About the same for PSG. Not sure who I"d rather play between PSG and Atletico though.

Comment

• I figured Liverpool was going to redraw 1970 Brazil, City would get Fuckface United FC from Ukraine or some nonsense, Man United would get Jagweed Rovers and PSG would draw PSG.

Comment

• Trent. That's my post.

Getting ready for another Covid shutdown now.

Comment

• English Premier League is a bit of a hot mess. Postponed matches due to Omicron outbreaks, horrible officiating in the matches that have been played and the most congested fixture time of the season coming.

Seems like a break is likely Just a matter of how long.

Comment

• Put any other player in the EPL in the position of Harry Kane and his slide tackle yesterday. It's a red card. But because it's Kane he gets a yellow. Bollocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                                          Put any other player in the EPL in the position of Harry Kane and his slide tackle yesterday. It's a red card. But because it's Kane he gets a yellow. Bollocks.
                                                                          His snide fouls, the protection he gets from referees and the media, the garbage he pulled this past summer trying to get to City or wherever, the fact he's won nothing, his weird lame ass personality. He's trash. All the pundits saying "he's not that kind of player" are part of the problem, too. He is that kind of player and has gotten away with it for years because he knows he can.

Hope he's at Spurs forever and continues to win nothing.

Comment

English Premier League is a bit of a hot mess. Postponed matches due to Omicron outbreaks, horrible officiating in the matches that have been played and the most congested fixture time of the season coming.

Seems like a break is likely Just a matter of how long.
                                                                            Pretty sure I saw a break was unanimously voted against today.

Comment

His snide fouls, the protection he gets from referees and the media, the garbage he pulled this past summer trying to get to City or wherever, the fact he's won nothing, his weird lame ass personality. He's trash. All the pundits saying "he's not that kind of player" are part of the problem, too. He is that kind of player and has gotten away with it for years because he knows he can.

Hope he's at Spurs forever and continues to win nothing.
                                                                              Oh yes. He absolutely is that player. His dives, his kicks, his tackles. It's very obvious if you watch a Spurs game. I know I'm biased as an Arsenal fan, but half that team is dirty, and he's the ringleader.

Comment

Pretty sure I saw a break was unanimously voted against today.
                                                                                Of course it was.

Surely all these teams are going to be honest about who is testing positive in their squads.

Comment

Of course it was.

Surely all these teams are going to be honest about who is testing positive in their squads.
                                                                                  COVID break aside, I really wish the EPL did a Christmas break like most of the leagues. A nice 3 weeks or so to regroup.

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

Oh yes. He absolutely is that player. His dives, his kicks, his tackles. It's very obvious if you watch a Spurs game. I know I'm biased as an Arsenal fan, but half that team is dirty, and he's the ringleader.
                                                                                    The officiating has been terribly inconsistent now for a few years. I don't understand the rules anymore and I really don't understand the purpose of VAR. Kane should have been shown red and wasn't, Jota should have had an obvious penalty and nothing was given, then Robertson gets sent off for what was indeed a red but VAR reviewed it from a Yellow. Kane's was a Yellow and didn't even go to the monitor.

That's just one match. It's essentially been a shit show for everyone.

A lot of games left to be played, but it's trending toward City again for the title. They haven't dropped a point in nearly two months. Liverpool got healthy in time for a Covid outbreak. Going to be interesting to see what City and Chelsea do in the January window, if anything.

The only time the team in first on Christmas didn't win the title was Liverpool. Three times. All three times City won the League.

Comment

COVID break aside, I really wish the EPL did a Christmas break like most of the leagues. A nice 3 weeks or so to regroup.
                                                                                      I agree with you. Klopp agrees with you. So does Guardiola. Pretty much any non English manager in the Premier League agrees.

I think it would benefit them in the long run with European competitions. There is a reason the La Liga teams do so well in Champions League and Europa. Part of it is the winter break.

Comment

The officiating has been terribly inconsistent now for a few years. I don't understand the rules anymore and I really don't understand the purpose of VAR. Kane should have been shown red and wasn't, Jota should have had an obvious penalty and nothing was given, then Robertson gets sent off for what was indeed a red but VAR reviewed it from a Yellow. Kane's was a Yellow and didn't even go to the monitor.

That's just one match. It's essentially been a shit show for everyone.

A lot of games left to be played, but it's trending toward City again for the title. They haven't dropped a point in nearly two months. Liverpool got healthy in time for a Covid outbreak. Going to be interesting to see what City and Chelsea do in the January window, if anything.

The only time the team in first on Christmas didn't win the title was Liverpool. Three times. All three times City won the League.

Talking about ref inconsistency....

I think we can all agree it is a red, and you're right about the review.

Then there is the McArthur kick on Saka earlier in the season where he was given a yellow, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't even reviewed.

Comment

• I hope Kane and the ref Tierney have shitty Christmas mornings. LOL.

Comment

• LOL Leicester. Well rested, fielded a full strength side after wanting the game postponed, diving, time wasting, away fans singing poverty shaming songs. Still lose in PKs at Anfield in League Cup quarters.

Could give a shit about the League Cup, but that was a satisfying comeback victory. Naby Keita was brilliant. Send those scumbags back to the East Midlands.

Well played, boys. We Go Again.

Comment

LOL Leicester. Well rested, fielded a full strength side after wanting the game postponed, diving, time wasting, away fans singing poverty shaming songs. Still lose in PKs at Anfield in League Cup quarters.

Could give a shit about the League Cup, but that was a satisfying comeback victory. Naby Keita was brilliant. Send those scumbags back to the East Midlands.

Well played, boys. We Go Again.
                                                                                              Thank goodness you won or we would’ve had to hear your man whine about statistical inaccuracies or whatever the flavor of the month is for him.
                                                                                              "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

• Originally posted by nsisk157 View Post

Thank goodness you won or we would’ve had to hear your man whine about statistical inaccuracies or whatever the flavor of the month is for him.
                                                                                                No shit. Guy complains more than any manager out there. Literally blamed the wind before.
                                                                                                "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Conte, Ragnick (who has been in England for five minutes), Tuchel, Lord Guardiola, Smith, Rafa, Howe, Dyche..

Just some of the managers that have raised concerns over fixtures, officiating, etc. Somehow, though, you won’t hear of them being called complainers or looking for “any advantage” for their teams. Only the German managing in NW England complains.

Totally get it.

Get Bent. And Merry Christmas.

Comment

Conte, Ragnick (who has been in England for five minutes), Tuchel, Lord Guardiola, Smith, Rafa, Howe, Dyche..

Just some of the managers that have raised concerns over fixtures, officiating, etc. Somehow, though, you won’t hear of them being called complainers or looking for “any advantage” for their teams. Only the German managing in NW England complains.

Totally get it.

Lol
                                                                                                    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

Conte, Ragnick (who has been in England for five minutes), Tuchel, Lord Guardiola, Smith, Rafa, Howe, Dyche..

Totally get it.

Agree, they all do it. The fact that Klopp stands out among his peers shows just how big a whiner he really is.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X