Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Soccer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

    They must be paying huge money because the French league is just trash.
    You'd think with how weak the French League is they'd be fresh for Champion's League... /s

    Comment


    • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

      Yeah, and, as always, PSG just getting talent and rumors of even more. They already got Hakimi, Wijnaldum, Ramos. Rumored to be the front runner for Donnarumma. Linked to Ronaldo and Pogba.
      Everyone sees the transfer fees but people forget about the players' salaries, which is a huge part of it. A guy like Sancho would be a great buy for Liverpool but he wants more wages than Salah and Mane, two guys who are proven Premier League commodities that have actually won things. Sancho has won a German Cup. Nevermind the fee, I can't justify bringing in a guy at 21 years of age who wants more money than a group of players who have won things and conistently finished in the top of the English Premier League when they have not.

      I don't think Liverpool is accomplishing any of this without Klopp. I'm not looking forward to when he's gone, unless the current owners just start going crazy with spending or new owners come in with oil or Chinese consortium money.
      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

        You'd think with how weak the French League is they'd be fresh for Champion's League... /s
        Could say the same for Bayern Munich. Ten in a row they've won the Bundesliga?

        It really was nice to see Inter, Atletico and Lille win Leagues this past season. As a Liverpool supporter, I was happy for Stevie winning Scotland, but as a Liverpool supporter it's very difficult to go against Celtic. I could live with Celtic winning it over and over again once Stevie leaves Rangers.
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

          Everyone sees the transfer fees but people forget about the players' salaries, which is a huge part of it. A guy like Sancho would be a great buy for Liverpool but he wants more wages than Salah and Mane, two guys who are proven Premier League commodities that have actually won things. Sancho has won a German Cup. Nevermind the fee, I can't justify bringing in a guy at 21 years of age who wants more money than a group of players who have won things and conistently finished in the top of the English Premier League when they have not.

          I don't think Liverpool is accomplishing any of this without Klopp. I'm not looking forward to when he's gone, unless the current owners just start going crazy with spending or new owners come in with oil or Chinese consortium money.
          Agreed. Wages are huge, which is why only a few team can afford Messi on a free transfer. Fees killed United a few years ago with players who were constantly hurt. Sancho hasn't won anyting, per se, but he's impressed and his goals and assists are in the top of the five big leagues. It's when you pay Phil Jones stupid money to be hurt...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

            Could say the same for Bayern Munich. Ten in a row they've won the Bundesliga?

            It really was nice to see Inter, Atletico and Lille win Leagues this past season. As a Liverpool supporter, I was happy for Stevie winning Scotland, but as a Liverpool supporter it's very difficult to go against Celtic. I could live with Celtic winning it over and over again once Stevie leaves Rangers.
            I've noticed parity is always a winner unless your team is in the way. Give me a new winner of the EPL if United can't win any day. I have no rooting interest in those leagues so I was happy to see Atletico, Inter, and Lille win.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

              Could say the same for Bayern Munich. Ten in a row they've won the Bundesliga?

              It really was nice to see Inter, Atletico and Lille win Leagues this past season. As a Liverpool supporter, I was happy for Stevie winning Scotland, but as a Liverpool supporter it's very difficult to go against Celtic. I could live with Celtic winning it over and over again once Stevie leaves Rangers.
              At least the Bundesliga generally has a few good teams. But what Munich has done there is certainly not good for the league.
              Based Mullet Kid owns

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                At least the Bundesliga generally has a few good teams. But what Munich has done there is certainly not good for the league.
                Dortmund and new money Leipzig. That's it. I remember when Wolfsburg was going to be the new money club that competed with Bayern. How's that going?

                Leverkusen develops talent well. They're hot and cold. I have always admired Frankfurt, Mainz and Stuttgart but they are not contenders. My favorite German club is Werder Bremen and they just got relegated. Always found them to be a proper working class team.

                Love the way the league develops talent (the German of which goes to Bayern) and runs themselves financially. Competitively, it's a farmer's league.
                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

                  Agreed. Wages are huge, which is why only a few team can afford Messi on a free transfer. Fees killed United a few years ago with players who were constantly hurt. Sancho hasn't won anyting, per se, but he's impressed and his goals and assists are in the top of the five big leagues. It's when you pay Phil Jones stupid money to be hurt...
                  The Sancho hype is because he's English, and he's going to be even more hyped now that he's with United. If he went anywhere outside of Manchester or London, it's not a thing. If he were South American or African, it's not a big deal.

                  38 goals and 51 assists in 104 Bundesliga matches all at the age of 21. That's impressive for winger. The Premier League is going to be a much stiffer test for him going forward.
                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

                    I've noticed parity is always a winner unless your team is in the way. Give me a new winner of the EPL if United can't win any day. I have no rooting interest in those leagues so I was happy to see Atletico, Inter, and Lille win.
                    As a Liverpool supporter, ND fan and Pirates fan I have no choice but to wish for parity when my team isn't winning.
                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                    Comment




                    • Not terribly excited about this. For a right winger, if Sancho is off to United, I'd rather go for a guy like Raphinha from Leeds or the Belgium kid Doku.

                      Trust in Klopp I suppose.
                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                      Comment


                      • Penalty kicks? Lammmmeee

                        Comment


                        • ITALIA!!!

                          the big fat dick is coming home to shove up the queens ass you sheep shagging fucks!!!!
                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                          Comment


                          • Brutalllllll omg
                            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                              ITALIA!!!

                              the big fat dick is coming home to shove up the queens ass you sheep shagging fucks!!!!
                              Now that's not very nice.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • I’d love to be in Edinburgh tonight omg,….
                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by deise mike View Post

                                  Now that's not very nice.
                                  We’ve been saying that for 800 years and it fell deaf ears,… f England. Anyway I’ll bow out and let y’all discuss
                                  Last edited by ACamp1900; 07-11-2021, 06:04 PM.
                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                  Comment


                                  • Congratulations Italy. Gonna be wild in Rome tonight. England’s manger needs to go into hiding. Sixty minutes of prevent and all you got is a bag of dicks

                                    Comment


                                    • Good for Italy

                                      Comment


                                      • England runnerup? They should be used to it. After all that's how the Revolutionary War ended.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                                          At least the Bundesliga generally has a few good teams. But what Munich has done there is certainly not good for the league.
                                          Neither was the indicted criminal Uli Hoeness. His hissy fit with Breitner was Kardashianesque.

                                          Comment


                                          • Gold Cup roster is disappointing,… so Mexico can bring their stars to the GC and still qualify in an expanded WC field but apparently we can’t,… feels like folding our hand before the deal
                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Valpodoc85 View Post
                                              Congratulations Italy. Gonna be wild in Rome tonight. England’s manger needs to go into hiding. Sixty minutes of prevent and all you got is a bag of dicks
                                              Wasn’t great when his two late subs both missed their PKs
                                              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                Gold Cup roster is disappointing,… so Mexico can bring their stars to the GC and still qualify in an expanded WC field but apparently we can’t,… feels like folding our hand before the deal
                                                From what I understand, clubs only are required to release players for one cup per summer. All the pressure is on Mexico, who’s going all in a second time this summer with a very busy international schedule coming up starting in September. Also, the USMNT wasn’t going to bring in players that still need their preseason with their clubs to increase their positioning with those squads.

                                                All in all though, very bleh lineup today. Hopefully some executing subs are made in the 2nd half.
                                                .....Before I Get Out

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by NDRock View Post

                                                  Wasn’t great when his two late subs both missed their PKs
                                                  Southgate has nobody to blame but himself. He went into prevent after the Shaw goal. Mount didn't show too much, Sterling ran into defenders at full speed and lost the ball most of the time. Grealish came on way too late. Rashford and Sancho should have gotten more playing time before PKs. He put 19 year old Saka in the 5 spot of PKs. Good on him for accepting the blame for the PK takers and order, but other decisions were questionable.

                                                  Congrats to Italy though. Well played, especially after going down so early.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • The 1000 people that gate crashed Wembley and got in without tickets had a better attack than Southgate did. It looked like a "tour" of the U.S. Capitol. Solid.

                                                    That early goal was exactly the stuff they needed. They should have kept pushing for another. They overhwhelmed the Azzurri for the first 20 minutes.

                                                    Raheem Sterling not taking a penalty is rather curious. Don't know if he didn't step up or that's what Southgate wanted, but your 3-4-5 penalty takers were all subs and all young subs at that. Sancho hadn't been given many opportunities in the tournament. IDK. Weird. I like so many of the players on England's squad and what they've done to help their country during the pandemic and beyond. Not sorry for Jordan Pickford, though he certainly looked like a different person in this tournament.

                                                    34 matches unbeaten. It takes a good squad and a little bit of luck. It takes good team management, too, and Italy had plenty of that with Mancini and his staff.

                                                    Wouldn't sleep on Canada in the Gold Cup.

                                                    Liverpool began preseason training in Salzburg today. LFG.
                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Idk how Jordan Henderson is on penalties, but thought that was particularly a weird move by Southgate. Feel bad for Saka, tough spot for him to be in. Happy for Italy though.

                                                      Not sure Donnarumma deserved player of the tournament, but not sure who else on Italy really deserved it. Barella, Verratti, and Jorginho were all immense. Maybe Spinazzolla if he remained healthy.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                        The 1000 people that gate crashed Wembley and got in without tickets had a better attack than Southgate did. It looked like a "tour" of the U.S. Capitol. Solid.

                                                        That early goal was exactly the stuff they needed. They should have kept pushing for another. They overhwhelmed the Azzurri for the first 20 minutes.

                                                        Raheem Sterling not taking a penalty is rather curious. Don't know if he didn't step up or that's what Southgate wanted, but your 3-4-5 penalty takers were all subs and all young subs at that. Sancho hadn't been given many opportunities in the tournament. IDK. Weird. I like so many of the players on England's squad and what they've done to help their country during the pandemic and beyond. Not sorry for Jordan Pickford, though he certainly looked like a different person in this tournament.

                                                        34 matches unbeaten. It takes a good squad and a little bit of luck. It takes good team management, too, and Italy had plenty of that with Mancini and his staff.

                                                        Wouldn't sleep on Canada in the Gold Cup.

                                                        Liverpool began preseason training in Salzburg today. LFG.
                                                        Sterling has missed his last 3 penalties for MC and Henderson is terrible at them anyway. I couldnt beleive he was subbed off as a sub but lol ok. That right there is a condundrum. If southgate was playing to win why bring Hendo at all? If he was playign for a win Rashford should have been in earlier for sure. Grealish earlier for sure. He was playing for a tie and knowing Hendo is shite at penalties why bring him on if you have to sub him out again?
                                                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                          Idk how Jordan Henderson is on penalties, but thought that was particularly a weird move by Southgate. Feel bad for Saka, tough spot for him to be in. Happy for Italy though.

                                                          Not sure Donnarumma deserved player of the tournament, but not sure who else on Italy really deserved it. Barella, Verratti, and Jorginho were all immense. Maybe Spinazzolla if he remained healthy.
                                                          Henderson isn't a very good PK taker. Wasn't surprised by it.

                                                          No star on Italy in a sport driven by star power. Great management for them to win.
                                                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

                                                            Sterling has missed his last 3 penalties for MC and Henderson is terrible at them anyway. I couldnt beleive he was subbed off as a sub but lol ok. That right there is a condundrum. If southgate was playing to win why bring Hendo at all? If he was playign for a win Rashford should have been in earlier for sure. Grealish earlier for sure. He was playing for a tie and knowing Hendo is shite at penalties why bring him on if you have to sub him out again?
                                                            I understood bringing Hendrson on. He should have done it sooner. I knew when he took him off why he did it.
                                                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                              The 1000 people that gate crashed Wembley and got in without tickets had a better attack than Southgate did. It looked like a "tour" of the U.S. Capitol. Solid.

                                                              That early goal was exactly the stuff they needed. They should have kept pushing for another. They overhwhelmed the Azzurri for the first 20 minutes.

                                                              Raheem Sterling not taking a penalty is rather curious. Don't know if he didn't step up or that's what Southgate wanted, but your 3-4-5 penalty takers were all subs and all young subs at that. Sancho hadn't been given many opportunities in the tournament. IDK. Weird. I like so many of the players on England's squad and what they've done to help their country during the pandemic and beyond. Not sorry for Jordan Pickford, though he certainly looked like a different person in this tournament.

                                                              34 matches unbeaten. It takes a good squad and a little bit of luck. It takes good team management, too, and Italy had plenty of that with Mancini and his staff.

                                                              Wouldn't sleep on Canada in the Gold Cup.

                                                              Liverpool began preseason training in Salzburg today. LFG.
                                                              You can go to sleep soundly on them, our only hope of magic is gone, and the rest of the roster looks like post-weis Kansas (garbage).

                                                              Comment




                                                              • Well, there's that.
                                                                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • I really think soccer should go to the following for extra time in lieu of penalties if scoreless at 2 hours:
                                                                  1. Start with 10v10, play 20 minutes, if no goal go to 9v9, and so on down to 7v7.
                                                                  2. Bring back golden goal sudden victory.

                                                                  I just hate what the PK shootout does to the game.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                    I really think soccer should go to the following for extra time in lieu of penalties if scoreless at 2 hours:
                                                                    1. Start with 10v10, play 20 minutes, if no goal go to 9v9, and so on down to 7v7.
                                                                    2. Bring back golden goal sudden victory.

                                                                    I just hate what the PK shootout does to the game.
                                                                    I don't think playing more is the answer. The potential for injuries is that much greater. Clubs will fight this for international play for sure.
                                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                      I really think soccer should go to the following for extra time in lieu of penalties if scoreless at 2 hours:
                                                                      1. Start with 10v10, play 20 minutes, if no goal go to 9v9, and so on down to 7v7.
                                                                      2. Bring back golden goal sudden victory.

                                                                      I just hate what the PK shootout does to the game.
                                                                      I'd be a fan of dropping a player and opening play up for extra time. I'm not a fan of penalty shootouts, but it does makes the manager make tougher decisions (the better team playing to win vs the weaker team playing to tie). This also leads to more upsets.

                                                                      After Chiellini's horse collar tackle of Saka (professional foul, I get it, I'd foul too), I'm thinking there should be a 5-10 minute penalty box where their team has to play with 10 if there is a yellow given(which then you have to answer if it's the 85th minute, do you lose 2 men?). I'd like to think there would be less fouls, but there might be more diving (which should be able to be carded after games during reviews).

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

                                                                        I'd be a fan of dropping a player and opening play up for extra time. I'm not a fan of penalty shootouts, but it does makes the manager make tougher decisions (the better team playing to win vs the weaker team playing to tie). This also leads to more upsets.

                                                                        After Chiellini's horse collar tackle of Saka (professional foul, I get it, I'd foul too), I'm thinking there should be a 5-10 minute penalty box where their team has to play with 10 if there is a yellow given(which then you have to answer if it's the 85th minute, do you lose 2 men?). I'd like to think there would be less fouls, but there might be more diving (which should be able to be carded after games during reviews).
                                                                        I've thought about this as well... something like any foul, regardless of how minor, is a 1 minute send off or the person who fouled has to start "behind the ball"... and a yellow is a 5 minute send off. Think it could be interesting.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

                                                                          Henderson isn't a very good PK taker. Wasn't surprised by it.

                                                                          No star on Italy in a sport driven by star power. Great management for them to win.
                                                                          Chiesa is 100% a star. You guys just don't realize it yet.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

                                                                            Chiesa is 100% a star. You guys just don't realize it yet.
                                                                            Yes he is a star!

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

                                                                              Chiesa is 100% a star. You guys just don't realize it yet.
                                                                              Maybe this is the case, or he just became one after these Euros. He's going to turn 24 in a few months. Looks like a very good winger but unfortunately plays in Serie A where no one sees him.

                                                                              Barella is a good player. Also 24 and also in Serie A.

                                                                              Donnarumma is going to have incredible pressure at PSG. It's a race for them and Citah to see who can win Champions League first.
                                                                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

                                                                                Chiesa is 100% a star. You guys just don't realize it yet.
                                                                                I saw where Buffon played with his dad. lol. Buffon is a fuckin god
                                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Watch..... the whole world is gonna start pilfering the Serie A for their players now.

                                                                                  I still cant see Italian players excelling in EPL. Maybe La Liga now that Barcas salary cap is that of Valencias...lol
                                                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                    Watch..... the whole world is gonna start pilfering the Serie A for their players now.

                                                                                    I still cant see Italian players excelling in EPL. Maybe La Liga now that Barcas salary cap is that of Valencias...lol
                                                                                    They have already started with Ligue 1 since the TV deal fell off in France.

                                                                                    The Italian players will flock up toward the top of the table like they've been doing. Juve, Inter, AC Milan. They love Mourinho there so maybe Roma will be a destination now. I honestly can't fathom why anyone would want to play for him at this point. He's done all he's going to do.
                                                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Sounds like Messi is taking a pay cut to stay at Barca.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                                        Sounds like Messi is taking a pay cut to stay at Barca.
                                                                                        They can thank the Delta Variant.
                                                                                        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • I think the EPL can thank the Delta variant. Does anybody (outside of City fans) want to seem him to go City? The only plus for him going there is the wage bill would keep them out of the Haaland sweepstakes next summer.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                                            I think the EPL can thank the Delta variant. Does anybody (outside of City fans) want to seem him to go City? The only plus for him going there is the wage bill would keep them out of the Haaland sweepstakes next summer.
                                                                                            I was hoping he'd go to Inter. I want him at Citah like I want a rash on my ass. I don't think Messi would be able to withstand an EPL season at his age and his being used to rolling over everyone in La Liga as he has all these years. That first trip to Burnley would probably not spark any magical YouTube highlights for him.

                                                                                            At this point, maybe Messi is doing all he can to avoid coming to MLS, which means taking less money to stay at a financially strapped Barca club. I can understand his loyalty to them, though.

                                                                                            Reports are that Roman has approved a fee for Chelsea to bid on Halaand. I guess Putin shook the couch cushions for some extra funds in between killing journalists and sending those who disagree with him to prison.

                                                                                            With the Euros and Copa over, these next few weeks should be interesting. Most Ligue 1 clubs are going to be selling other than PSG. I think they'll be the first league picked apart in the post vaccine transfer world.
                                                                                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Been watching videos on Barcas financials. They are in real trouble. Can only imagine Real is in similar state. Spains FFP is calling it in on Barca.
                                                                                              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                                Been watching videos on Barcas financials. They are in real trouble. Can only imagine Real is in similar state. Spains FFP is calling it in on Barca.
                                                                                                yeah, it's bad. The Super League was their last ditch effort save themselves.

                                                                                                I don't have a great deal of sympathy for them.
                                                                                                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

                                                                                                  I was hoping he'd go to Inter. I want him at Citah like I want a rash on my ass. I don't think Messi would be able to withstand an EPL season at his age and his being used to rolling over everyone in La Liga as he has all these years. That first trip to Burnley would probably not spark any magical YouTube highlights for him.

                                                                                                  At this point, maybe Messi is doing all he can to avoid coming to MLS, which means taking less money to stay at a financially strapped Barca club. I can understand his loyalty to them, though.

                                                                                                  Reports are that Roman has approved a fee for Chelsea to bid on Halaand. I guess Putin shook the couch cushions for some extra funds in between killing journalists and sending those who disagree with him to prison.

                                                                                                  With the Euros and Copa over, these next few weeks should be interesting. Most Ligue 1 clubs are going to be selling other than PSG. I think they'll be the first league picked apart in the post vaccine transfer world.
                                                                                                  It'll be interesting to see how much they bid for him. He's gotta be worth north of 150 million euros. That just seems like stupid money, but Roman probably doesn't care.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                                    Been watching videos on Barcas financials. They are in real trouble. Can only imagine Real is in similar state. Spains FFP is calling it in on Barca.
                                                                                                    Bayern Munich is chuckling somewhere.
                                                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                                                      Sounds like Messi is taking a pay cut to stay at Barca.
                                                                                                      lol yeah 50%

                                                                                                      In other news they are trying to send Griezmann back to Athleti which is a huge admission of failure on their part
                                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X