Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Soccer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Two years ago today Liveprool won their 6th European Cup in Madrid defeating Tottenham 2-0 and you're telling me that Everton will now lose the best manager they ever had the first chance he gets to jump ship?

    Wonderful.

    I'm actually kind of happy with how this season ended considering what it looked like a few months ago.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

    Comment




    • TAA in the squad.

      Comment


      • So 47 assists from the right back position in the last three years counts for something. Great start to a short week.

        The idea this kid can't defend is a myth being perpetuated by pundits and supporters of other clubs who are idiots, which has gaslit some of the LFC supporter base in turn. There are a few soundbytes, little evidence to support the claims and everyone points to a handful of poor games he's had across his career which given his age and how many matches he's played is nothing to be ashamed of.

        Defending is not his strength, but he is not a shit defender. Very simple.

        Now let's hope he doesn't get injured. My only other fear is something goes wrong and not only does this narrative get fed but he endures racial abuse on social media because of a mistake. I was really hoping he'd get to stay home for the summer for a vareity of reasons, but he's earned this, so let's hope it's a positive experience all the way around.

        That squad on paper looks really good. Central defense is a bit of a concern but overall it's a very good team and the English media have to be salivating over Declan Rice because the English media love to salivate over Declan Rice.
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

        Comment




        • It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

          Comment


          • Reports that Tottenham are interested in Antonio Conte.
            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
              Reports that Tottenham are interested in Antonio Conte.
              yeah looks like a done deal
              What did Davonte do?

              Comment


              • And Trent gets injured. Of course.

                Hopefully this is the end and he gets the rest of the summer off to recover.

                Incredible.
                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                Comment


                • Very glad to see Saka score for England

                  Comment




                  • This is wild. Good thread.
                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                      And Trent gets injured. Of course.

                      Hopefully this is the end and he gets the rest of the summer off to recover.

                      Incredible.
                      What did Davonte do?

                      Comment


                      • Fine. Send him home so he can rest. Hendo should go with him too while he's at it.
                        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post


                          This is wild. Good thread.
                          This is what makes European professional sports so much more romantic than American.

                          Yes....the top of European football makes every American sport look like the embodiment if parity lately. But...stories like this are genuinely inspiring.
                          Based Mullet Kid owns

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                            This is what makes European professional sports so much more romantic than American.

                            Yes....the top of European football makes every American sport look like the embodiment if parity lately. But...stories like this are genuinely inspiring.
                            ah you definitely see some of this even in CFB, Hawaii under June Jones, Boise State under Chris Pederson etc, it's rare i know but it happens
                            What did Davonte do?

                            Comment


                            • US-3, Mexico- 2
                              Very entertaining game, would have get that way if the Stars and Stripes didn’t win. Pulisic scored a penalty in the extra time. Ethan Horvath off the bench saves a penalty in extra time. That’s as clutch as it gets.
                              Love Thee Notre Dame!

                              Comment


                              • Went in thinking this was a pointless trophy but I think this match was the game that blooded our young guns and are going to make them realize their potential. Reyna and McKennie simply excellent. Pulisic rather pedestrian but he showed when it mattered. And enough can’t be said about Horvath. Definitely some things to workout especially in the back line but what a win.

                                Outside of ND-Clemson, that was the most alive I’ve felt during a sporting event in a long time.

                                Comment


                                • Comment


                                  • Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                    Went in thinking this was a pointless trophy but I think this match was the game that blooded our young guns and are going to make them realize their potential. Reyna and McKennie simply excellent. Pulisic rather pedestrian but he showed when it mattered. And enough can’t be said about Horvath. Definitely some things to workout especially in the back line but what a win.

                                    Outside of ND-Clemson, that was the most alive I’ve felt during a sporting event in a long time.
                                    Maybe it's red/white/blue-colored glasses. but I honestly thought the US looked like the better team in the attack for most of the match. The only time it looked like Mexico had higher quality in the attack was when they brought in that young kid that scored the go-ahead goal in the second half. But for the most part, it felt like Mexico's early chances were a result of shaky play in the back from the US more so than Mexico dictating, whereas it felt like the US had multiple chances that they created and dictated themselves, rather than relying on a lucky bounce or a crazy ball over the top. It felt good to watch, and would have been devastating to lose after seeing an improved group.

                                    The youngsters look like the real deal, and I was amazed at how calm and controlled they were moving the ball through traffic. It seems like the new generation is going to bring some technical quality that the USMNT has lacked through the majority of the roster for a while. I feel confident when Reyna decides to threaten the box in a way that I really didn't with anyone outside of Dempsey... but Reyna isn't the only guy in the new crop capable of making intelligent, threatening runs. They all seemed to be making crisp, quality passes and stressing Mexico for the most part. It didn't feel like any of the interceptions were prayers they were sending forward; it felt like the US was legitimately probing and looking for a weakness, and that was refreshing.

                                    Also refreshing to see not one but two answers after going down.

                                    I think McKennie could wear the arm band any time, and idk if any of the crew, including Pulisic, could argue with it. The guy was 'going to war' personified last night.

                                    AND Christian Pulisic has a giant set of brass balls, taking the jersey off and running to hush the Mexican crowd, knowing they were going to rain projectiles down.

                                    AND Ethan Horvath has an even bigger set of brass balls, coming in cold, falling victim to a great goal by Mexico, and then STILL stopping the penalty in extra time, even after all the bullshit and delays and whatnot. It was also great to see his confidence in handling the last few minutes of desperation time for Mexico... did Zack Steffen get Wally Pipped? I know many think Horvath was ascending to the role anyway, and some were surprised he wasn't the choice for the semifinal and final anyway.

                                    Comment


                                    • I woke today and feel like I drank a bottle of Jack Daniels after watching that match.
                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                      Comment


                                      • The Mexican Federation should absolutely be punished for the continued antics their fans show at EACH and EVERY international match. From the slurs they chant, to the trash they throw, something NEEDS to be done, but I fear CONCACAF doesn't want to rock the boat. The response to adversity every time something went the way of Mexico by our young guys was amazing. They stepped up all night long. McKinnie just floats during corners, and I was glad it finally paid off.

                                        That ref allowed Mexico to try and dictate the game early, and when he tried to reign them in, you saw the pushback from them because they didn't like being told no. This, to me, is a constant theme with them in anything CONCACAF, which truly hurts them in other international tournaments. They have a talented squad, no need for the extracurriculars they engage in.

                                        Brooks is absolutely the anchor to the defense. McKenzie has talent, but he was nervous. Ream just can't cut it in a back 3.

                                        Comment


                                        • WTH was Tito thinking duirng the VAR review? What a pair on that dude. US appeared to be the better team after the first 20 minutes. Huge step forward in confidence and you can see CPs and WMs leadership. Seargent needs to step up. I am a big fan of his but he has got to get going. I found it very hard to keep up with the lineup changes and positions GB was employing. Maybe thats good. Maybe thats not great haha.
                                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                          Comment


                                          • Did everyone see that incident with the anti-discrimintary warning to the crowd? Per the announcers there is some 3 step process to stop it?
                                            1. Crowd PSA warning.
                                            2. 10 minute break and return to action
                                            3. game stops and will be played following day in closed setting.

                                            Anyone think that the time wasting shit countries like Honduras wont use this to an adavantage at some point? I swear watching CONCACAF qualifyin gwhen Honduras and Panama are faking getting sniped every 5 minutes is terrible. I can totally see them abusing this to make their losses as painful as possible to the winning team.
                                            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                              Did everyone see that incident with the anti-discrimintary warning to the crowd? Per the announcers there is some 3 step process to stop it?
                                              1. Crowd PSA warning.
                                              2. 10 minute break and return to action
                                              3. game stops and will be played following day in closed setting.

                                              Anyone think that the time wasting shit countries like Honduras wont use this to an adavantage at some point? I swear watching CONCACAF qualifyin gwhen Honduras and Panama are faking getting sniped every 5 minutes is terrible. I can totally see them abusing this to make their losses as painful as possible to the winning team.
                                              I honestly thought the Mexican fans would start the homophobic chant again after CP's penalty to stretch the game out and/or force them into a suspension to muddy the waters.

                                              Bonus points to them for hitting their own player in the head with a cup when CP was down on the touchline late in extra time when the US were trying to time-waste.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                Did everyone see that incident with the anti-discrimintary warning to the crowd? Per the announcers there is some 3 step process to stop it?
                                                1. Crowd PSA warning.
                                                2. 10 minute break and return to action
                                                3. game stops and will be played following day in closed setting.

                                                Anyone think that the time wasting shit countries like Honduras wont use this to an adavantage at some point? I swear watching CONCACAF qualifyin gwhen Honduras and Panama are faking getting sniped every 5 minutes is terrible. I can totally see them abusing this to make their losses as painful as possible to the winning team.
                                                Now, I want to first say I commend CONCACAF for taking actions to stop discriminatory chants and such. Like you, though, this seems like a horrible way to go about the process. I'd also like to say that, while slurs, homophobia, racism, etc. must absolutely be stamped out in the game, it's baffling that they have this protocol in place, but fans hurling projectiles onto the pitch AT players has no process to resolve?

                                                Comment


                                                • Was in the stands for this one and "the chant" that lead to the stoppage was non-existent. In plenty of matches around the world something gets yelled on a goal kick and while a loud number of fans yelled something during this game, it wasn't that word. CONCACAF was looking for a reason to use their new process and were going to stop the match regardless of what was said and claim they heard what they wanted to hear. The want to show FIFA they're trying to do their part so they'll stop getting fined. Mexico & USA fans alike were booing the reason for the stoppage.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

                                                    I honestly thought the Mexican fans would start the homophobic chant again after CP's penalty to stretch the game out and/or force them into a suspension to muddy the waters.

                                                    Bonus points to them for hitting their own player in the head with a cup when CP was down on the touchline late in extra time when the US were trying to time-waste.
                                                    I thought the same thing. What's stopping them from chanting it to abandon the match? Needs revision IMO.

                                                    The best/worst part about that cup hitting the Mexican player? People there said it was filled with piss.

                                                    I can't stand the antics, chants, flopping, pretty much everything about El Tri. And honestly, outside of the chants, I wouldn't change a thing. Makes beating them that much sweeter.

                                                    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

                                                    The youngsters look like the real deal, and I was amazed at how calm and controlled they were moving the ball through traffic. It seems like the new generation is going to bring some technical quality that the USMNT has lacked through the majority of the roster for a while. I feel confident when Reyna decides to threaten the box in a way that I really didn't with anyone outside of Dempsey... but Reyna isn't the only guy in the new crop capable of making intelligent, threatening runs. They all seemed to be making crisp, quality passes and stressing Mexico for the most part. It didn't feel like any of the interceptions were prayers they were sending forward; it felt like the US was legitimately probing and looking for a weakness, and that was refreshing.

                                                    I think McKennie could wear the arm band any time, and idk if any of the crew, including Pulisic, could argue with it. The guy was 'going to war' personified last night.

                                                    .
                                                    This match was a case of a slightly more talented but youthful team in the US playing a more experienced team in Mexico. Average age of US was 24 and realistically excluding Ream who won't be playing a part in the WCQ (I hope) would make the average age barely 23. They came of age yesterday. I think if we were to play them again next weekend with the same lineups and nothing changed other than the experience of this past week, you'd see US win 2-0.
                                                    Last edited by notredomer23; 06-07-2021, 11:15 AM.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Not sure I'd say we were clearly the more talented team, seemed we struggled to maintain possession and the Mexico forwards were extremely aggressive, never allowing us to comfortably hold the ball even deep in our own backfield.

                                                      We are extremely young and promising. Mckennie, Reyna, and Pulisic are developing as world class players. Along with Dest, they each play a major role on the top clubs in Europe. Reyna is only 18, im not even sure what his potential is. Or central backs are a major concern, and we really lack a reliable striker. Its a shame that Jonathan David chose Canada, as he would really elevate us to the next level.
                                                      .....Before I Get Out

                                                      Comment


                                                      • So the A team backups dominated the Costa Rica A team 4-0 yesterday. Gregg needs to find a way to get Aaronson into the lineup because he's too good not to play. Simply excellent. Musah was great too. Dike delivered, but seemed a little out of sync. Reggie Cannon was awesome and Mark McKenzie was too. Weah super active and almost had a golazo too.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                          So the A team backups dominated the Costa Rica A team 4-0 yesterday. Gregg needs to find a way to get Aaronson into the lineup because he's too good not to play. Simply excellent. Musah was great too. Dike delivered, but seemed a little out of sync. Reggie Cannon was awesome and Mark McKenzie was too. Weah super active and almost had a golazo too.
                                                          I came here to say the exact same thing. Aronson needs to play. Hope to see him in the GC since Gio won’t take part.
                                                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

                                                            I came here to say the exact same thing. Aronson needs to play. Hope to see him in the GC since Gio won’t take part.
                                                            I forgot to mention Adams. He was amazing and needs to stay healthy because he is everything Acosta wishes he was.

                                                            I don't know how you make it work, but Adams, McKennie, Reyna, Pulisic, and Aaronson need to all be on the field. I am almost wondering with the striker struggles if Pulisic and Aaronson or Pulisic and Reyna can play off each other up top. Then again, it wouldn't be the worst to have Aaronson as a super-sub.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Sounds like Liverpool is closing in on Youri Tielmans

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                Sounds like Liverpool is closing in on Youri Tielmans
                                                                Such a complete player. This would be great.
                                                                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Surprised to see Gini end up at PSG.

                                                                  Sancho to United sounds inevitable

                                                                  Buendia joining Aston Villa over Arsenal speaks volumes about the Kroenkes IMO.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Nathan Collins is a young Irish CB at Stoke who i think would be a bargain at 12 million for any good EPL team. If he was English his value would be worth double. Been linked with Burnley, Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea
                                                                    What did Davonte do?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • SOund slike Grealish and ManCity are flirting. City trying to offload Sterling?
                                                                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                        SOund slike Grealish and ManCity are flirting. City trying to offload Sterling?
                                                                        Sounds like it.

                                                                        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • So absolutely nobody knows what a handball actually is still.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • I didn't follow the EPL much when he was playing but I love listening to Roy Keane. Guy cracks me up.

                                                                            "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Anyone watching the Euro Cup Denmark Finland game? Christian Ericsson just collapsed on the field. Medics ran over and started doing CPR. Does not look good.
                                                                              I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Oh lord no.
                                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                                  Anyone watching the Euro Cup Denmark Finland game? Christian Ericsson just collapsed on the field. Medics ran over and started doing CPR. Does not look good.
                                                                                  yeah I saw it. I'll be surprised if he isn't dead. How utterly awful. Are those sideline medics prepared for something of this magnitude? Probably not.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Just updated on the broadcast, Eriksen is at the hospital and has been stabilized! Great news.
                                                                                    Last edited by NDBoiler; 06-12-2021, 12:38 PM.
                                                                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                                      Just updated on the broadcast, Eriksen is at the hospital and has been stabilized! Great news.
                                                                                      Thank God
                                                                                      Love Thee Notre Dame!

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

                                                                                        Are those sideline medics prepared for something of this magnitude?
                                                                                        Evidently, yes.

                                                                                        Incredible on the part of those who were there and sprung into action. TV probably should have cut to studio immediately but alas this kind of thing, seeing someone potentially die on TV, gets viewers.

                                                                                        I stayed away from TV Saturday. It shook me up too much. Turned back on yesterday in time to see that bonkers Netherlands-Ukraine match. Italy looked very good on Friday.

                                                                                        Still a weird vibe on this. Waited an entire extra year, things start opening up in the world the week prior and then you are reminded how precious life is.

                                                                                        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Just saw why Scotland hasn't qualified for a major tournament for 22 years. Gave up a goal on a shot from midfield.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Goal of the tournament.

                                                                                            Questions need to be asked of Clarke's team selection today. Armstrong and O'Donnell have been two of the worst players in the tournament thus far with their performances today.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Scotalnd has zero luck inside the box today.
                                                                                              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by DCDomer View Post
                                                                                                Goal of the tournament.

                                                                                                Questions need to be asked of Clarke's team selection today. Armstrong and O'Donnell have been two of the worst players in the tournament thus far with their performances today.
                                                                                                Great goal, but give me the Ukraine goal yesterday. Schick’s goal was more a product of goalkeeper error. He was near the center circle! No idea what he was doing

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • I don't know that I have a problem with where the keeper was. The ball took a rocket deflection and traveled very far very fast.

                                                                                                  It's Scotland, folks. Don't know what anyone is really expecting. They were never going to finish higher than 4th in that group.

                                                                                                  Hoping Thiago comes off the bench for Spain today. Watching him play is an absolute joy.
                                                                                                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • One of my biggests wants in proffessional sports is for England v Scotland Euro Final and Scotland nicks the game in extra time.
                                                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                                      One of my biggests wants in proffessional sports is for England v Scotland Euro Final and Scotland nicks the game in extra time.
                                                                                                      Dafaq wid yo waant englain tae win a single gam!? tak' a piss ye feckin wankstain

                                                                                                      Owned ta gam we ded bit still fuckall til ye have sum nuts in tae box. Strikers pure shite
                                                                                                      Last edited by ACamp1900; Today, 12:27 PM.
                                                                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X