No announcement yet.

Everything Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like Man City and Chelsea are close to backing out of ESL and they were the last ones to sign on.

Comment

• Jordan Henderson has called an emergency meeting of PL captains to discuss the ESL proposals. Sounds like the six English clubs are feeling the blowback immediately. Fans, players, managers do not want it.

I hope this is going to be stopped somehow, and we're on the way with the pushback coming from just about everyone other than Twitter Bots.
      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
          Jordan Henderson has called an emergency meeting of PL captains to discuss the ESL proposals. Sounds like the six English clubs are feeling the blowback immediately. Fans, players, managers do not want it.

I hope this is going to be stopped somehow, and we're on the way with the pushback coming from just about everyone other than Twitter Bots.
          Great to hear this is happening, I think Henderson is a great guy to lead the way on this. I know a few players and coaches spoke out on social media platforms and interviews. Heard (because I mostly read Man United stuff) that Slabhead called and started talking to higher ups.

It looks like it's starting to crack. Literally nobody outside of the people at the top of these clubs want this. Sponsors are starting to go, people are dropping them from social media. Maybe some things change in the CL to make the ESL dissipate (I read a big hang up was the bigger clubs not getting enough money when playing smaller sides because more people want to watch their team. However, if you win, you play more games and get more money...).

Comment

• Chelsea has withdrawn from the SL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket89 View Post
              Chelsea has withdrawn from the SL.
              Nice. Hopefully City is next.
              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• I think just one of the officially announced clubs withdrawing ends it IMO. City will be next. No full EPL = No ESL. Essentially all that would remain are greedy American owners and Spanish squads desperate for money.

Comment

• Now official, City pulls out too.

Donezo.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                    Now official, City pulls out too.

Donezo.
                    Yup, now all 12 teams meeting tonight to discuss disbanding the Super League.

Comment

• It's falling apart.

The three American owned clubs are all going to sell to Arab oil now. They won't stick around. Then someone the top six will still block Newcastle from being purchased.

The North Remembers. #FSGOUT
                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

It's falling apart.

The three American owned clubs are all going to sell to Arab oil now. They won't stick around. Then someone the top six will still block Newcastle from being purchased.

The North Remembers. #FSGOUT
                        FSG needs to go away. But with that huge investment they just took from Redbird it won't happen I bet.

Comment

• Ed Woodward resigns from Man U.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket89 View Post
                            Ed Woodward resigns from Man U.
                            Just saw this. It's about time. United was a laughing stock in the transfer game because he was trying to play games. Lots of big things happening lately.

Comment

• Indykaila News
                              @indykaila
                              Exclusive: According to multiple sources, FSG looking to sell Liverpool Football Club #LFC

The Anfield Buzz
                              @TheAnfieldBuzz
                              ❗️ | FSG will need to sell Liverpool if the super league doesn’t go ahead.

[
                              @SimonBrundish
                              ]

Hope this is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
                                Indykaila News
                                @indykaila
                                Exclusive: According to multiple sources, FSG looking to sell Liverpool Football Club #LFC

The Anfield Buzz
                                @TheAnfieldBuzz
                                ❗️ | FSG will need to sell Liverpool if the super league doesn’t go ahead.

[
                                @SimonBrundish
                                ]

Hope this is true.
                                Some arab oil company will buy them

Comment

• Juve president resigns. What a glorious day.

Comment

• Watching the ESL fall to pieces in the last hour has been one of the most glorious times on Twitter. The power has been restored to the fans and the players/coaches. Well done soccer fans.

Comment

• This guy has been crushing the coverage of it, very long thread but worth following.

Comment

• This is ridiculously amazing to watch from the outside. Lol. What the actual fuck happened the last two days?
                                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Everybody is talking about this in Europe, and here in Ireland. I can’t believe they misjudged the mood so badly. Surely
                                          they would have been prepared by their media advisors and legal teams that there would be a strong reaction.
                                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by deise mike View Post
                                            Everybody is talking about this in Europe, and here in Ireland. I can’t believe they misjudged the mood so badly. Surely
                                            they would have been prepared by their media advisors and legal teams that there would be a strong reaction.
                                            Did they hire a bunch of jackasses from Madison Avenue who don't understand European sport?
                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• How to get all fans of European soccer to unite:

Step 1. Make a super league.

Comment

• I keep hearing that they were making the Super League like an "American" league. It didn't seem very American to me. The Super League was essentially a competition that would replace the Champions League, something that you traditionally qualify for. I know we don't have promotion/relegation but there isn't any league I know of where you don't have to qualify for the playoffs or season ending tournament based on your results. The only thing I could compare it to was if a group of 12 blue bloods in college football decided to hold their own 16 team playoff at the end of the season and the 12 "founding members" qualified for it every year, no matter their record. College football fans would go nuts.

So, blame our billionaire owners if you want but that crap had nothing to do with our sports culture.
                                                "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• There's bad guys and bad guys. The FA, Premier League, UEFA, FIFA are no better. This should be the start. Fans need to raise their voices to root out racism, corruption at FIFA and UEFA, the human rights atrocities happening in Qatar, ticket prices, TV paywalls, etc.

Time to go big. Take it all back. This was only the beginning.

Proud of Klopp, Milner, Henderson. Proud that the rival clubs' supporters came together to stop this. For all the talk of Legacy Fans, I saw a lot of young faces at Stamford Bridge in London protesting this.

I hope this is just the beginning. It should be. Take the game back. They will try this again somehow if we let them.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                                    I keep hearing that they were making the Super League like an "American" league. It didn't seem very American to me. The Super League was essentially a competition that would replace the Champions League, something that you traditionally qualify for. I know we don't have promotion/relegation but there isn't any league I know of where you don't have to qualify for the playoffs or season ending tournament based on your results. The only thing I could compare it to was if a group of 12 blue bloods in college football decided to hold their own 16 team playoff at the end of the season and the 12 "founding members" qualified for it every year, no matter their record. College football fans would go nuts.

So, blame our billionaire owners if you want but that crap had nothing to do with our sports culture.
                                                    Look at the faces remaining... Real Madrid and Barcelona. The Super League was going to be their savior from financial doom.

Comment

Look at the faces remaining... Real Madrid and Barcelona. The Super League was going to be their savior from financial doom.
                                                      That Florentino Perez interview was surreal. How did he convince the English clubs to join at all, I'll never fully understand. The sheer entitlement.

Uhhh damn, if Madrid is so poor maybe you should be thinking of selling vinicius and not buying mbappe?

Comment

They were at the front of the line with the American owners. There's no question. Juventus was leading the charge too. I'd say six of the 12 were leading the way and the other half came along for the ride. I've had Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies last longer than the 48 hours this scheme lasted.

I've been saying for months Real and Barca are in trouble and won't be able to poach Salah, Mane, Kane, etc. They sure as hell can't afford Mbappe or Haaland at the moment. I still think there is a descent chance Messi winds up at Inter Milan, too. The ground is shifting beneath everyone's feet. Covid was just an accelerant.

Comment

• Getting back to the play on the field, Phil Foden has been great this season. Didn’t expect this from him so early and doing it so consistently. Won’t be truly world class until he gets a better haircut.

Comment

Getting back to the play on the field, Phil Foden has been great this season. Didn’t expect this from him so early and doing it so consistently. Won’t be truly world class until he gets a better haircut.
                                                            England may have found the creative midfielder they have been missing thee last couple of years. Rodent behind Kane Rashford and Stirling is formidable.
                                                            sigpic

Comment

Getting back to the play on the field, Phil Foden has been great this season. Didn’t expect this from him so early and doing it so consistently. Won’t be truly world class until he gets a better haircut.
                                                              I like him. Not like the pundits in England like him. That's a level not even City fans are going to touch.

But I like him.

Comment

• Julian Nagelsmann appears ready to be the next manager of Bayern Munich.

Comment

• American, Racine WI's own, Jesse Marsch is set to move from RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig to replace Nagelsmann.

Pretty big stuff.

Comment

American, Racine WI's own, Jesse Marsch is set to move from RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig to replace Nagelsmann.

Pretty big stuff.
                                                                    A reunion with Tyler Adams too. Hope he does well and it paves the way for more American coaches to Europe.

On that second note, I am pretty sure an American was one of the backup plans as well in Pellegrino Matarazzo at Stuttgart.

Comment

• No idea what to make of that match. PSG looked the business in the first half. The second they did not. Mbappe and Neymar couldn’t get free. Fair play to City. Tale of two halves.

Still game on in both semis.

Comment

• Manchester United supporters invade Old Trafford, Gary Neville talks all morning about FSG and Liverpool.

Then they go on to call these peaceful protesters while trespassers are clashing with and injuring cops. Yes

Sky Sports: Embarrassing programming. Carragher too.

Comment

• Since there has been an ACamp sighting we need to get ACamp1900 in this thread for his takes on Rangers dethroning Celtic

Comment

• I for one kind of wanted the super league,... it’s basically already there in reality, this just removed the Oz curtain and applied some much needed pressure to UEFA. I’m sure most disagree but eh
                                                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• On Celtic, I’ve been a pariah on their message boards for a few years as I’ve been saying the ownership/board is selling much too much talent without replacing it and that it would cost us ten in a row. Peps fucking hated me for it and called me anything but a child of gawd at the time. Now they’re all pissed at the board for doing exactly what I said they were lol... honestly tho I still haven’t regained my soccer passion from the USMNT debacle, still,.... I haven’t watched much in years now and CL and the EPL and such couldn’t interest me less. I love the fans of teams that already have a firm financial grip on everything bugging out over the super league. Stfu and face reality
                                                                              Last edited by ACamp1900; 05-03-2021, 11:17 AM.
                                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Juventus' streak of Serie A titles stops at 9 and Inter are crowned champions.

Thoughts and prayers to the supporters of Celtic and Juventus during these trying times of pandemic football.

Comment

A reunion with Tyler Adams too. Hope he does well and it paves the way for more American coaches to Europe.
                                                                                  Bayern Munich had to pay $20M to get Nagelsmann. Red Bull moved Marsch from one Red Bull club to another. Not a bad deal for them.

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                      It's amazing he keeps getting high profile jobs. Feel like it's such a terrible fit too.

Comment

It's amazing he keeps getting high profile jobs. Feel like it's such a terrible fit too.
                                                                                        the guy fails upwards always lol, TBF he's probably done for good now in England and Roma isn't the gig it used to be.
                                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• That should just do it for PSG. They're soft.

Comment

That should just do it for PSG. They're soft.
                                                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Mourinho might get sacked inside of a year this time.

I assume UEFA sues City now?

Comment

• Very soon an American will have a Champion League trophy.
                                                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X